Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Nooner posted:

lol just .. just lol at anyone over 30

I hope you die before you get old, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.
What is it a Gretsch ?

I'd say if someone buys an expensive PRS at puts it on their wall then definite midlife crisis but that guitar / poster combo says to me "theme restaurant" so maybe open a theme restaurant ??

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

CabaretVoltaire posted:

What is it a Gretsch ?

I'd say if someone buys an expensive PRS at puts it on their wall then definite midlife crisis but that guitar / poster combo says to me "theme restaurant" so maybe open a theme restaurant ??

Perhaps a small shack? Perhaps a small shack that specializes in a certain foodstuff? Perhaps a hotdog shack?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

King of Bees posted:

I had a fender squire bullet back in the day that was rad as gently caress. Whachootalkinabout!?

Here is a bad pic of the guitar I hung on my wall perhaps in a midlife crisis moment:

this doesn't look like the kind of hang up that would be practical to take down and jam with said guitar often, its more of a display. i'm afraid that makes it lame, sorry, to be cool for having a guitar you have to play it, or it has to be a special guitar

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hope you're 38+ old buddy

*clinks glass

nah 33 but in shape, with a nice pad and plenty of disposable income

life is pretty sweet to be honest

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
guitars on walls > guitars on stands

you know what they say - a riff a day keeps suicide at bay

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Do you live at the Hard Rock Cafe? My guitars are beaten to hell and were shoved in the back of closet waiting for a young person to steal and/or use them.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

I had a fender squire bullet back in the day that was rad as gently caress. Whachootalkinabout!?

Here is a bad pic of the guitar I hung on my wall perhaps in a midlife crisis moment:

My punk rock whammy bar

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

who the gently caress still uses wood trim for walls in tyool whatever it is

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Insecurity ITT

The whole point of being old is not giving a gently caress what people think anymore, you are blowing it buddy.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

If you add old brass instruments without mouthpieces for "whimsy" next, then, yes, you are having a crisis.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

reallivedinosaur posted:

Insecurity ITT

The whole point of being old is not giving a gently caress what people think anymore, you are blowing it buddy.

Goons mean the world to me.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

King of Bees posted:

gently caress. I was chopping jalapeños and washed my hands and still burned my eye when I itched it.

GUESS IM NOT JERKING IT THIS MORNING GOD DAMMIT!!!
Put gloves on and jerk it Jesus Christ

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

King of Bees posted:

Look, I'm not saying anything bad about Fender Squires or anything like that. It's just that if you're going to hang a guitar on your wall it should be signed by some band you like, then it's cool. Right now, that just looks lame as gently caress.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

For serious, instruments are for playing. That is a pretty guitar, but why don't you play it? Put it in a good case if you don't want to play it for now. It's unfair to the guitar and also a temptation for people to go, "Oh, do you play?" and while you say no, they try to take it off the wall and show you the one chord they think they remember.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I considered hanging some of my basses in my office, but I have six of them, some are pretty drat expensive, they are heavy, and I'm afraid a molly bolt might give and one might fall.

They stay in their stands on the floor (at least the three main basses I play regularly).

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I.C. posted:

For serious, instruments are for playing. That is a pretty guitar, but why don't you play it? Put it in a good case if you don't want to play it for now. It's unfair to the guitar and also a temptation for people to go, "Oh, do you play?" and while you say no, they try to take it off the wall and show you the one chord they think they remember.

Lol if you think I let people in my house! *plays Iron Man for my kids incessantly*

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

King of Bees posted:

Lol if you think I let people in my house! *plays Iron Man for my kids incessantly*

You can do that on a touch-tone phone!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I.C. posted:

You can do that on a touch-tone phone!

Non millennial spotted

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

you know what time is op. take the guitar off the wall and kil youre famil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

King of Bees posted:

Non millennial spotted

• Locked thread