Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I have a lot of doors not actually attached to anything, just propped up against the wall. Which doors are real? Sometimes even I forget. This one's not so much a home defense tip as it is a decorating one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did you ever read that book The House of Leaves?
Do that.
I mean, I never read the book but there's a cursed house in it... I assume.
Anyway the point is put a curse on your house so it become evil and confusing.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Kakarot posted:

I start farting when I get nervous

I think amy schumer stole this joke from you

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Parallax Scroll posted:

buy a sniper rifle so you can take out any suspicious looking people before they get anywhere near your home

That's good. But now you need a good field of vision. You should climb a clocktower like that one in Austin, Texas.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Line all your walls and floors with thermite rigged to a button you keep under your pillow. If you hear someone breaking in, hit the button.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Applewhite, are you a home defense expert? Can you come out to my place and do a consultation?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A bunch of ducks might work better because if theyre serious about robbing you or are assassins a dog will make them rush you but if a bunch of ducks or whatever were disturbed theyd try to be more quiet

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

ChrisHansen posted:

Applewhite, are you a home defense expert? Can you come out to my place and do a consultation?

I'm a lone pretentious pervert if you need help with that. I also pierce ears. Let me into your house to pierce ears, your own or a family member's. I do not use a gun.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ChrisHansen posted:

For a nominal fee I can actually break into your house and steal your possessions. I will leave behind a detailed diagram of how I did it and the security gaps which need to be addressed.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I.C. posted:

I'm a lone pretentious pervert if you need help with that. I also pierce ears. Let me into your house to pierce ears, your own or a family member's. I do not use a gun.

Why would you think that just because OP wants me to come over to his house he's interested in the services of a pretentious perver..... ooohhh. I see. Nevermind.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

For a nominal fee I can actually break into your house and steal your possessions. I will leave behind a detailed diagram of how I did it and the security gaps which need to be addressed.

there was a reality show that did this and after the guys hit them once and told them how to keep from getting robbed they wait like a week and break in to the house again just to see if they can and usually the owners completely ignored their advice

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Good thread

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have strategies for camouflaging punji sticks?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

ChrisHansen posted:

Yes, my home ear-piercing business is basically this.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

ChrisHansen posted:

Poop

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One word, OP:
Plastics.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Hire former World Champion Wrestler Ric Flair to stand in your door way and go "Woo" whenever someone tries to come in

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

One word, OP:
Plastics.

I never graduated.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

ChrisHansen posted:

I never graduated.

If you have bamboo chopsticks, a lighter, a sharp knife, rubbing alcohol, and a little tenacity you can make yourself a degree.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Take a 20" threaded steel rod, 1 1/2lbs of lead, and a roll of duct tape. Melt the lead in a short cylindrical mould (an empty aerosol can is perfect), then insert the end of the threaded steel rod into the molten lead and allow it to set. Carefully peel the mould off once it has cooled (be careful, it stays hot for a long time), then wrap duct tape around the other end to act as a grip. I'd advise drilling the end of the handle as well to attach a lanyard. Smaller and cheaper than a Katana, and also makes a great doorstop. Just make it in a well-ventilated space, as huffing molten lead fumes is not good for you.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ChrisHansen posted:

You can put a carpet over it or else just find real punji instead of trying to camouflage sticks.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I put old paint cans full of pennies carefully placed on a edge of a chair placed by the door to my basement.
Then I have trip wire on the top step of my stairway. Then shotgun shell landmines with old pie plates.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

amityville anus posted:

You can put a carpet over it or else just find real punji instead of trying to camouflage sticks.

Wait, punji or Punjabi?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Ok I went to the hardware store and bought a bunch of wire and nails. I used the wire to tie three nails criss-cross-applesauce. I fulled a five gallon bucket with these so now before I go to bed at night, I just dump out the suckers in the hallway outside my room. Nobody's gonna get me from there! I also rigged up a handy dandy collection tool (a magnet on a string) to clear a path if I have to go potty in the middle of the night.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Burmese Tiger Trap in the kitchen, they might get all your valuables but god dammit they won't get your food.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

get a second fake house as a decoy

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Did you ever read that book The House of Leaves?
Do that.
I mean, I never read the book but there's a cursed house in it... I assume.
Anyway the point is put a curse on your house so it become evil and confusing.

Build your house out of leaves the perfect camouflage

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buy 3 bloodthirsty pit bulls, and coherently tattoo numbers "1", " 2" and "4" on them.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
When someone breaks in, do two pushups and say "nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine, ten thousand!" Jump up and give a couple of air punches. Then pretend to notice the intruders. Smile slowly. Strike a kung-fu pose.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zahgaegun posted:

When someone breaks in, do two pushups and say "nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine, ten thousand!" Jump up and give a couple of air punches. Then pretend to notice the intruders. Smile slowly. Strike a kung-fu pose.

Litter yiur house with phone books that look like theyve been ripped in half

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Become a hoarder and strategically barricade all entrances and exits (and everything in between) with stacks of old newspapers, used toilet paper, piss jugs and dead cats. Nobody robs a hoarder!

Bonus: your friends( hahahah you don't have any) and family will stop visiting you, leaving more time for watching anime and playing WoW.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I hear if you donate like 100k to Star Citizen on kickstarter, you will be provided a real life replica of StarFucker 200 MKII spaceship once the game ships.

Protected by powerful arrays of auto-lasers and unbreakable doors built to withstand the vacuum of space, you will never have to worry about a home invasion.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zahgaegun posted:

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I have stockpiles of armaments and I cordially invite thieves to attempt to B&E and try to take my stuff. Imagine how horned up I'll be after painting a wall with your poo poo. God, I need to go whack it, thinking about killing again makes me hard.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Contract Grover to build you a haus, when the load bearing doorway is opened the house collapses trapping the intruder

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Rack your gun like 6 or 7 times so they think you have at least 6 or 7 seven guns.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Use your smartphone to play The Jaws Theme through your sound system so any home invader thinks he is about to get eaten by a shark and run away

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Two words: clown room

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

Rack your gun like 6 or 7 times so they think you have at least 6 or 7 seven guns.
This except its just an old drawer slide youve rigged up to sound like a shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
This video will teach you how to clear your home of intruders, room--by-room. Apparently it helps if you open fire simultaneously with a verbal warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2VfUABMLs

• Locked thread