Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Buy a new 8gb card just for it, then lock it away somewhere safe, hopefully a time capsule, so that in 100 years they can laugh at how mild our games were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Happy Sisyphus posted:

anyway like 4 months ago i bought some kind of intensely anime game called AR nosurge and it was pretty hilarious, but the question i have is does it ever become fun? I played it for like 5 hours and it seemed like it had plans to go on for another 100 without combat ever becoming interesting

Combat never becomes interesting, no. The story gets way dumber, though, which is fantastic.

If you increase the difficulty, the battles become a lot longer as enemies' health skyrockets, but it doesn't really get more involved. Also, you really want to keep your synthesised equipment up-to-date if you're going to increase difficulty, as it's easy to get stuck on a boss with no way of going back and synthesising some better stuff. On the other hand, the boss fights will last longer than 5 seconds, so you'll actually get to hear the unique boss music!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Returning a bit to Uppers' chat. See guys, this how you loving design a masked wrestler

:black101:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the story in ar nosurge is not dumb, it's cool

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Returning a bit to Uppers' chat. See guys, this how you loving design a masked wrestler

I wasn't sure what this was, so I looked.

I really have to check out The Division.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm not denying that though? I said Deep Crimson was one of the prettiest games in the system, not that it was THE prettiest one.

Well yes, and I kinda disagree :v: I could see it if you said it was in the top ten of third-party releases or something, I guess, but that's about it.

Anyway my point still stands, playing more 3DS games is a good idea because the library is amazing.

On Vita topics: nice to see a bunch of chat in here recently about Dungeon Travelers 2, which is a legit good dungeon-crawler. Do we know what the hell's happening with DT 2-2? Last news I saw on it was that it was delayed to an unspecified 2016 release, which is a bit worrying.

Failing that do we know if NISA would be able to localise the recent Vita remake of the original Dungeon Travelers? I played that in Japanese on the PSP and enjoyed it thoroughly, but it'd sure be nice to have it in higher-res with a story I can actually properly read.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

That's impressive, I tried again myself and couldn't get Google to fail that bad.

Or it's the best cross-promotion DLC in history :(

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Did they redesigned Tizoc or something?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yes, that's Tizoc in KOFXIV. Or rather that's The Dinosaur King, he did a heel turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UtzuUWN9zg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, that's Tizoc in KOFXIV. Or rather that's The Dinosaur King, he did a heel turn.
is he a feathered raptor? that's pretty cool

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

If he gets a DLC costume where he's wearing a lovely homemade version of that with googly eyes, I will buy this game

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

is he a feathered raptor? that's pretty cool

A T-Rex actually.

Man, put some loving dinosaurs in any game and I'll be buying that no questions asked.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Takoluka posted:

I will tell you there are upward of 4 entire features in SFV Alpha and none of them are a dinosaur.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where's Primal Rage 2, Atari?!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HD VERTIGO

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Saoshyant posted:

Holy. poo poo. I need a PS4.

Now, when will they announce Ramón? He's the only one left from Team México :black101:.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I finished Trails of Cold Steel

help

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

there is no help

CSII's still on track for this year sometime

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 18, 2016

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm still jumping into Killzone lobbies in less than a minute this is great

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm only on Chapter 1 of Steins;gate, but I just shamed a teenage girl about the anime she watches so I think it's off to a great start.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

the truth posted:

I'm only on Chapter 1 of Steins;gate, but I just shamed a teenage girl about the anime she watches so I think it's off to a great start.

Nobody takes Okarin seriously. If you feel you must, you may as well better skip S;G altogether. (Or you could just be amused at him being an idiot at every opportunity.)

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

Nobody takes Okarin seriously. If you feel you must, you may as well better skip S;G altogether. (Or you could just be amused at him being an idiot at every opportunity.)

I'm enjoying it, and I think his lack of insight is entertaining for now because he seems like an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic with positive symptoms. It may get tiresome, but so far he's more tolerable than the terrible characters Danganronpa 2.

The actual story has barely started, but I've heard good things. I'm just killing time until Zero Time Dilemma, then I will probably be done with this genre unless there is something in the future as awesome as the ZE games or S;G grabs me and the other games in the series aren't too expensive.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

the truth posted:

I'm enjoying it, and I think his lack of insight is entertaining for now because he seems like an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic with positive symptoms. It may get tiresome, but so far he's more tolerable than the terrible characters Danganronpa 2.
Cheers. It may even please you to hear that his levels of insight vary throughout the game. (And are often accompanied by truly excellent VA work.)

the truth posted:

The actual story has barely started, but I've heard good things. I'm just killing time until Zero Time Dilemma, then I will probably be done with this genre unless there is something in the future as awesome as the ZE games or S;G grabs me and the other games in the series aren't too expensive.
From what i've heard the other games in the S;G series are much more mediocre than this one. Although i'd recommend to not write the VN genre off this quickly. Saying that is kind of like saying "i'll never read comics again". Sure, the wide majority of comics is for children, but there's a steady trickly of simply excellent stories as well. If you can dodge the dating VNs, you can find gems on Steam as well, like for example Analogue - A Hate Story; or Narcissu.

There's also a thread about them here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705885

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

there is no help

CSII's still on track for this year sometime

Life has no meaning without Trails games

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Trails of Blue Balls

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Trails of Blue Balls

The contextually appropriate translation is "Azure Balls", thank you very much. :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just imagine if we get CSII and then it doesn't resolve the plot like TitS SC did, so we have to wait more years for the third game that isn't even made yet.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Really Pants posted:

Just imagine if we get CSII and then it doesn't resolve the plot like TitS SC did, so we have to wait more years for the third game that isn't even made yet.

don't you mean the fourth game that isn't made yet because cold steel III hasn't been released and zero isn't translated

that said, i'll wait as long as it takes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Have they said anything about cold steel 3 lately? Other than that they're making it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Give me TITS 3 and the Crossbell games in the meantime please

I don't care about how realistic this is just give them to me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno how many people it takes to make a Ys or Trails game, but considering that Falcom is made up of less than 50 people all total, there legitimately might not be anything out there besides concepts and preexisting assets from I and II.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Have they said anything about cold steel 3 lately? Other than that they're making it.

Not a word

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Trails of Cold Steel is just Final Fantasy Type Zero

They even wear the same jackets.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Give me TITS 3 and the Crossbell games in the meantime please

I don't care about how realistic this is just give them to me

Disregarding financials, 3rd is just as possible as FC and SC were.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Okay, I played the Uppers demo again and I found out you can set the game in the hard difficulty. On that difficulty, enemies are considerably more agressive and do decent damage. However, the health recoveries are abundant and their attacks are pretty blatanly telegraphied taking away a lot of it's threat. The only reason one gets hit is because the camera is horrible, it doesn't follow your movements dynamically allowing your enemies to hit you in your blind spot.

You can spend the whole time holding your guard up and there's no penalty whatsoever in doing so, there's in fact a sort of parry mechanic available that can be triggered that way (although the idea is to guard in the last minute).

The "crazy" attacks you guys are so fond of (like dunking a guy into a basketball ring) are akin to MKX enviromental attacks, can only be used on specific areas of the stage but so far they're not really worth it, a regular throw is enough to kill any regular mook.

In my opinion, the game biggest problems are the camera and the slowness it permeates the whole game. There's a pretty noticeable delay between every movement you do making feel the whole thing really sluggish.

EDIT:

This guy telling how it is

https://twitter.com/ononokii/status/700140235561287680

https://twitter.com/ononokii/status/700152179483656192

:v:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 18, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Trails of Cold Steel is just Final Fantasy Type Zero

They even wear the same jackets.

Well, yeah. Cold Steel is Falcom looking at a bunch of recent games going "gently caress YOU we can do that better!" Like the last hour of that game felt like the kind of ending White Knight Chronicles should have had.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The only game in the series that might be a problem to localize for XSEED, assuming financials aren't an issue, would be Azure. I'm still kind of hoping that when the time comes, Falcom will help XSEED out on that front somehow.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, Setsuna is out in Japan (that new low budget JRPG from SE) and it runs atrociously on the Vita, apparently because it's a Unity game. If you have an interest on that one you will probably want to get the PS4 version. It's supposed to get localized at some point under the name "I am Setsuna". Maybe.

While I'm here, hearing Mitchie M songs in Diva X got me to look into his more recent works. This is really drat catchy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkoqafUWz8

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mitchie M is far and away the best Vocaloid composer, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, Mitchie M owns.