Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
please don't be mean to my big brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

Azama is arguably the strongest character that's not Ryoma in Birthright.

Mages are not remotely needed in Birthright because you have 3 Ninjas+Lancers that reduce defense, plus anti-armor shurikens come mid-game. I assume Magic is far more useful in Conquest when the only natural Ninja is Kaze.

odin kinda sucks, but Nyx seems alright

have no clue about how their statistics line up but i just don't like odin as a person so i'm not using him

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

mandatory lesbian posted:

have no clue about how their statistics line up but i just don't like odin as a person so i'm not using him

his dad could beat up your dad, it's a fact

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Wait.

Wait wait wait.

Is it just me

Or is Mozu's VA

Nanako

gently caress, Best Unit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I think everywhere I read has recommended switching Odin to a Samurai, he's the Azama of Conquest apparently?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

my odin has way better stats in everything but 1 mag and 1 speed at the same level as nyx idgi, his levels haven't been amazing

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Anyone know a good point to recruit children characters? I heard they scale based on where you are in the campaign

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

What do the faces at the bottom of the simplified UI mean? It seems pretty arbitrary as to who shows up there.

Also its bullshit that ballistas dont give exp

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Owain worth using in this game? He started as a dark mage but was hot garbage and didn't gain any magic in like 4 levels so I reclassed him to samurai. He's not really doing any better there though.

Also I just reset chapter 11 despite it taking forever because I wanted better level ups. I've become everything I've hated.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Looper posted:

my odin has way better stats in everything but 1 mag and 1 speed at the same level as nyx idgi, his levels haven't been amazing

He has better bases, she has better growths. Mag in particular you'll start to notice after a few levels.

My Nyx died and I don't really give enough of a drat to use any mage other than Felicia who is kicking rear end as a Strategist so

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 21, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

alcharagia posted:

his dad could beat up your dad, it's a fact

His dad was Lon'Qu, highly doubtful.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TWIST FIST posted:

What do the faces at the bottom of the simplified UI mean? It seems pretty arbitrary as to who shows up there.

Also its bullshit that ballistas dont give exp

i think it's the top three support buddies

The Shortest Path posted:

He has better bases, she has better growths. Mag in particular you'll start to notice after a few levels.

My Nyx died and I don't really give enough of a drat to use any mage other than Alicia who is kicking rear end as a Strategist so

her skill and luck are so nonexistent i don't want to give her the chance

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

alcharagia posted:

please don't be mean to my big brother

He's my big brother too. I'm just having a nightmare right now. :ohdear:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

For reference my Felicia is sitting on 17 mag at level 10 with a 55 growth and both Nyx and Odin were down by 10 points each when they were at level parity, on top of an enormous deficit of speed and skill and the 2 move.

Most magic users sadly aren't good it seems.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

His dad was Lon'Qu, highly doubtful.

his mom could beat up your dad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hayato is actually decent in Revelations, is the insane thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

it just occurred to me that being a lady in conquest and a dude in birthright sucks

revelations....

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

Hayato is actually decent in Revelations, is the insane thing.

How do they avoid the birthright problem of too many ways to lower defense?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Looper posted:

it just occurred to me that being a lady in conquest and a dude in birthright sucks

revelations....

Why?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol Odin calls Laslow "of Azure Skies", and he says he prefers indigo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

How do they avoid the birthright problem of too many ways to lower defense?
mostly hayato just has a decent join time for his level and bases

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I gotta say the awakening DLC map is hilarious.

"Chrom charges forward! A ninja attacks him and replaces him! A ninja attacks him and replaces him. A ninja attacks him and replaces him. Wow, look at Chrom now suddenly in the middle of a bunch of pissed-off invaders. Sucks for you, Chrom."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the one true waifu will have to wait

solid snake

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

ImpAtom posted:

"Chrom charges forward! A ninja attacks him and replaces him! A ninja attacks him and replaces him. A ninja attacks him and replaces him. Wow, look at Chrom now suddenly in the middle of a bunch of pissed-off invaders. Sucks for you, Chrom."

This happened to my healer...never stood a chance.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Looper posted:

the one true waifu will have to wait

solid snake

You mean the Wyvern Knight lady who looks exactly like I think Hinata's kid? The grumpy guy what loves pickles?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ImpAtom posted:

It's almost funny except Chrom and Lissa both have to survive in order to get the good rewards.

Frederick just gives you a drat rock.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vengarr posted:

It's almost funny except Chrom and Lissa both have to survive in order to get the good rewards.

That rock is loving amazing.

Seriously, its one of the best debuffing weapons in the game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Vengarr posted:

The Pebble loving owns. It debuffs Strength, Speed, Defense and Resistance by 4.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I had a couple Nohr siblings fall in battle during the battle after the choice. Are they now gone, or will I be able to use them whenever I am supposed to be able to use them again?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Still.

It's a rock.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I had a couple Nohr siblings fall in battle during the battle after the choice. Are they now gone, or will I be able to use them whenever I am supposed to be able to use them again?

Dead.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Does the Awakening DLC scale, or are the levels set?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Calaveron posted:

You mean the Wyvern Knight lady who looks exactly like I think Hinata's kid? The grumpy guy what loves pickles?

yeah!

maybe. i'm actually having a hard time keeping up with supports because i don't know all of the characters/who i want to match up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Don't you have to at least kill Xander in that chapter to beat it? Is he permanently gone now?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i wanna say characters can only be lost once they've joined you for real, but idk

Calaveron posted:

Don't you have to at least kill Xander in that chapter to beat it? Is he permanently gone now?

i beat it with zero casualties, just make xander run away since he can't match ryoma

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So this is for sure now? Because in trying to catch back up to the thread I've been reading conflicting things about this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So this is for sure now? Because in trying to catch back up to the thread I've been reading conflicting things about this.

Wait, you mean the battle where you have to beat the oldest brother?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Verranicus posted:

Does the Awakening DLC scale, or are the levels set?

All DLC and paralogues scale to where you are in the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Here's a handy guide:

Killing enemies never matters. If you care to ask the question of whether losing an ally matters, instead of reflexively restarting, play on casual.

• Locked thread