Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Took my M44 to the Dark Zone today. Pops dudes real nice. It has the perk where the first shot out of combat has +30% crit chance. Nothing like one-hit killing fools from a rooftop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Was the guy you and I were just playing with your brother? I noticed he wasn't on the goon list.

I probably won't play the beta much more since I've done all the missions and grinding in a game where my progress is about to be wiped isn't very appealing, but the three of us should group up and knock out the starting missions together when the game is released. If we're actually communicating (I'll be sure to get my mic working by then) we should probably be able to immediately take the missions on hard.

Yeah he's my little brother, he's only 17, no time for goons.

My graphics keep loving out near the fog. Tried a few things to fix it but it always happens when i'm chasing rogues or being chased as a rogue.

I was just being chased as a rogue, timer ran down and a turret some guy laid for a trap started on me as a i was talking to him, he went rogue i shot him in the face with my shotgun.

I'm only going to play the PvE on co-op, much better on hard with backup.

That cleaner zone in the north west of the DZ is great for teamwork, because or the npc flamers and turrets.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Getting manhunt status and camping on a small elevated area with only 1 rope/ladder access is extremely OP

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it's a bit poo poo, always like 4 feet out of reach of a grenade.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Getting manhunt status and camping on a small elevated area with only 1 rope/ladder access is extremely OP

Yea there is nothing you can do to that. There is that one side alley area right next to a spawn where all rogue teams run to and they are invincible up there.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Hopefully they put more stuff in the Dark Zones in terms of events; I'd love to see missions and side quests show up there as well. It's one thing to entice players to go there because it has better gear; it's better if you entice them by making the gameplay there more varied and enjoyable and challenging, and no events like the hostage missions makes it feel a bit bland and not alive.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

keyframe posted:

Yea there is nothing you can do to that. There is that one side alley area right next to a spawn where all rogue teams run to and they are invincible up there.

It's like APB all over again.

edit: For those who were lucky enough to spare themselves from APB (or I think it is APB: Reloaded now) It was open world city maps of cops and robbers. Criminals would get bountied, but then hole up in easily defensible positions forever. Missions where you had to kill a certain player on the enemy team ended up the same way.

Broose fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 21, 2016

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Hopefully they put more stuff in the Dark Zones in terms of events; I'd love to see missions and side quests show up there as well. It's one thing to entice players to go there because it has better gear; it's better if you entice them by making the gameplay there more varied and enjoyable and challenging, and no events like the hostage missions makes it feel a bit bland and not alive.

Pretty sure it's the Security skill tree if you look at what's needed either for the locked skills or mods it lists "Dark Zone Ops".

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game is ubisoft-fuckin' boring.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broose posted:

edit: For those who were lucky enough to spare themselves from APB (or I think it is APB: Reloaded now) It was open world city maps of cops and robbers. Criminals would get bountied, but then hole up in easily defensible positions forever. Missions where you had to kill a certain player on the enemy team ended up the same way.
At least this game isn't forcing me to deal with them. APB's matchmaking made me crazy, especially since it had to pull from whatever map you were already on

Fargin Icehole posted:

This game is ubisoft-fuckin' boring.
A little better than that, don't be cruel. It's got a long way to go before Assassin's Creed 3 Bad

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
How do I manually control my turret to commit Darkzone insurance fraud and get people who fall for it to go rogue?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Megafunk posted:

How do I manually control my turret to commit Darkzone insurance fraud and get people who fall for it to go rogue?

I have no clue what this means. if there's a way to manually control turrets I'd like to know because it would give me a way of using a turret in dark zone without people using it to kill me for free.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Broose posted:

Yeah but APB had some great parts, like not taking it seriously or spending a penny on it then making GBS threads over all the kids with neon green monster energy nascar anime abomination cars that the spent real money on.

All while screaming about your jurisdiction as fun police.

Good times :allears:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

I have no clue what this means. if there's a way to manually control turrets I'd like to know because it would give me a way of using a turret in dark zone without people using it to kill me for free.

You can't control your turrets as far as I know. In fact...

Megafunk posted:

I don't believe you can do this. You commit "fraud" by running in front of some other person's turret when it's firing, causing their entire group to go rogue because you put your body in between the turret and the turret's intended target. In this scenario, the deployer of the turret is always the "victim," not the other way around.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Just had a great couple of hours of running around the DZ with a 4-goon group and murdering everyone. It finally ended when two other full groups coordinated and rushed out of their checkpoint at the same time. We had an amazing running firefight across the whole zone, with people going down and getting pulled up at the last second, finally ending up on top of that building with the three ropes as the only access points. We got our manhunt timers down to 20 seconds before a combination of low ammo, skill timers, and enemy coordination saw the pubbies breach the walls of Fort Kickass. We bailed out the back and ran through the red zone to escape out the other side... just as a massive group of NPC's spawned and slaughtered our low-health asses. We died just before our pursuers caught up with us, and they received no credit. After we respawned, the people who had been hunting us all moved to an extraction zone. One of our guys left our group and went into the middle of them and started a firefight. The pubbies all went rogue on accident while trying to kill him, and the rest of our group mowed them down. As they lay on the ground bleeding out, we could hear them crying out "no, no, no, nonononono" over prox chat as we approached to melee them to death. It was incredibly fun and I'm really looking forward to the full release.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Yeah, similar to the above, I ran with some goons tonight, and it was pretty fun. We weren't as dramatically successful, perhaps, but it was still the sort of relatively tense play you get from DayZ-esque survival games, but without the "run for 20 minutes to maybe find a gun and 5 rounds of ammo" bullshit that I've come to despise.

If there is a reasonable variety of weapons and a sufficiently large Dark Zone, I think this should have decent longevity for the people to whom this sort of game appeals.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pound_Coin posted:

Yeah but APB had some great parts, like not taking it seriously or spending a penny on it then making GBS threads over all the kids with neon green monster energy nascar anime abomination cars that the spent real money on.

All while screaming about your jurisdiction as fun police.

Good times :allears:
I really do miss the car and costume customization of that game. Though I also had that loving texture bug where everyone's custom poo poo never loaded beyond a blurry smear which made me sad

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
On ps4 got textures popping in and out. Sound cutting out. Is this what the Xbone is like?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Alan Smithee posted:

On ps4 got textures popping in and out. Sound cutting out. Is this what the Xbone is like?

It's every version, at times.

Streaming assets is hard.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
On PC is there some way to rotate around your character in your inventory screen? I want to check out all the gear on my ken doll but the "inspect" option just has it focus poorly on the item in question. Kinda dumb if they left that option out. I'd like to be able to check out my clothing options in the inv screen without having to back all the way out to the game and spin the camera around before going "nah don't like those trendy chinos".

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alan Smithee posted:

Bet they're both less pop-in than that guy playing on PC a few pages back. That one looked terrible

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Tom Clancy's The Division: I just had two random pubbies just start following me around yelling "allahu akbar"

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Anyone running around the DZ now on PS4 add me
TG_Chronocide

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

Bet they're both less pop-in than that guy playing on PC a few pages back. That one looked terrible

I have a fairly modest computer and haven't seen any of that

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
also how in the gently caress are games like this not cross-platform in 2016? Final Fantasy XI had players on the PS2, 360, and PC all playing together loving ten years ago.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Question

Does the contaminated areas have loot that is worthwhile and how does lrotective gear work

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Question

Does the contaminated areas have loot that is worthwhile and how does lrotective gear work

In the DZ or PVE? Protective gear looks like some sort of system to prevent low level characters from running into high level areas to loot scoop.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Question

As to the quality of the gear I don't know. The protection basically works on a level system. Contaminated areas have a certain level. If your mask is not equal to or greater than it and you try to enter you get a bar that drains down and you die when it gets to zero. Not sure but it might drain faster / slower depending on how much higher the degree of contamination is compared to you.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

also how in the gently caress are games like this not cross-platform in 2016? Final Fantasy XI had players on the PS2, 360, and PC all playing together loving ten years ago.

Because PC players on mouse/kb would just ruin players using controllers on consoles?

See also: Shadowrun on the xbox

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I guess when the game said that the DZ is where the best stuff is they just meant the vendors cause mobs have only dropped crap greens with the occasional blue for me in about 3 hours. Cool game but DZing alone is just frustration waiting to happen, though I can't say I even mind when i get killed. Yeah bud you steal that green SMG.

Pretty fun otherwise but I think I'm gonna wait for the goon first week impression before buying it. The beta area inside the map circle looks like it's about a 5th or so of the map, so I'll wait for the rest of the destiny refugees to give their final impression before committing, it still feels like it can go either way at this point. I hope they at least tweak the insanely slow sniper scope speed.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Pound_Coin posted:

Because PC players on mouse/kb would just ruin players using controllers on consoles?

See also: Shadowrun on the xbox

I don't think that's a very good reason, and if it was there's no reason they couldn't just segregate the Dark Zone with the normal areas being cross-platform.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

OxMan posted:

I guess when the game said that the DZ is where the best stuff is they just meant the vendors cause mobs have only dropped crap greens with the occasional blue for me in about 3 hours.

In the 10-ish hours I've played, the blues that have dropped for me are 3 knee pads, 3 scopes, and one suppressor. Excruciating.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The trick is... get in the multi level store, cleaner zone down the street and the garage area where enemies spawn.

Find dark zone key once you get to level 10ish and get high end poo poo from locked crates.

I scored a sweet blue RPK, blue suppressors and a blue mp7...and some sundry bit and bobs from once single firefight in the store.

But was in a 2 man team, with another 2 man team just randomly backing us up.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Okay how does this dark zone poo poo work. Are ou assigned a team by default and goddamn loving auto aim friendly fire gently caress

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's 100% your choice.

No auto aim.

No friendly fire if you're teamed...

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

The trick is... get in the multi level store, cleaner zone down the street and the garage area where enemies spawn.

Find dark zone key once you get to level 10ish and get high end poo poo from locked crates.

I scored a sweet blue RPK, blue suppressors and a blue mp7...and some sundry bit and bobs from once single firefight in the store.

But was in a 2 man team, with another 2 man team just randomly backing us up.

Yeah the clothing store, the library and the construction site is where the highest level and toughest enemies spawn. Just run between them, and make sure you at least get a hit on the named boss baddie, and he seems to drop 1 blue guaranteed, usually two.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ignoring control schemes, it's Sony and MS.
Sony is more lax with cross-plat but MS doesn't want to let anyone to interact with others outside of their little garden (Look at Rocket League).

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

It's 100% your choice.

No auto aim.

No friendly fire if you're teamed...

turrets sometimes auto-target non-hostile agents.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Division - Scarf Face the World is Yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

turrets sometimes auto-target non-hostile agents.

Yeah i think that is a bug, didn't register me as a non rogue after my time ran down.

• Locked thread