Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

it also seems super piss poor taste to wear a shirt with a skull on it to a pediatrics ward but lmao this image is like a wheres waldo of hosed up poo poo

If you think about it, people dressed up in a job waving tools in front of your slowly painfully dying face that will capture your soul and force you for eternity to live in a New York basement with other souls, isn't in good taste either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gargle chome posted:

its going to suck, and not because its 4 women, because its just a lovely modern day sequel like everything else

dunno why theres a 16 page thread abou tit though

Its fun to watch idiots white knight for a soulless corporate hackjob because theyre still obsessed with mras, a thing no normal person has ever cared about ever

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The difference between this:

And this:

Is that Captain America is more likely to be recognised, regardless of who's playing it, than, say, a bunch of women dressed in jumpsuits.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

Its fun to watch idiots white knight for a soulless corporate hackjob because theyre still obsessed with mras, a thing no normal person has ever cared about ever

No but you see I am laughing at how offended the imaginary misogynist in my head is. You know the one I argue with in the shower.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Gonzo the Eggman posted:

And this:

Another difference is in one the sick kid is smiling and made happy by the visit.

That dying kid in the background, the afterthought of the second picture, is just about to make me cry.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Another difference is in one the sick kid is smiling and made happy by the visit.

That dying kid in the background, the afterthought of the second picture, is just about to make me cry.

It's probably because that second sick kid is sexist.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
What would be worse though: GB2016 cast showing up in costume or (cityname) Ghostbusters fanclub showing up in costume?

At least the Cityname Ghostbusters would probably put on a full show of it: They'd have their decorated Oldsmobile Stationwagon outside, act like all their equipment was dangerous, illegally tap into the powergrid (aka charge their phones in a wall outlet).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gonzo the Eggman posted:

And this:

Is that Captain America is more likely to be recognised, regardless of who's playing it, than, say, a bunch of women dressed in jumpsuits.

Chris Pratt and Chris Evans made a Super Bowl bet and the loser had to visit a childrens hospital of the other's choice in full costume. Evans won the bet but he still put the costume on and went and visited the kids, as did Pratt.

And here's Pratt visiting a kid who knows his Lego film better than he does:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHVNuIC-z9Q

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Chris Pratt seems genuinely nice and cool

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Chris Pratt seems genuinely nice and cool

Yeah there's tons of photos of him visiting kids hospitals

It's not all smiles but you can see he's giving his all

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Feb 25, 2016

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
he's literally the sexiest man alive

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Chris pratt is so likable, I'd swoon over him.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I think he might have ADHD but he makes it work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR-R_xH0riE

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Internaut! posted:

when you make your film critic proof you don't really need to think too hard about how tasteless your promotions are

Do you actually believe you are being silenced, on the internet.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Assuming this movie follows the same basic ideas as the original, why would a group of highly educated scientists hire a complete fucken idiot to run the paperwork side of their company?

Is it because he's hot? So it's funny?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

504 posted:

Assuming this movie follows the same basic ideas as the original, why would a group of highly educated scientists hire a complete fucken idiot to run the paperwork side of their company?

Is it because he's hot? So it's funny?

Because they have so little money they can't afford someone competent? That's why the original Ghostbusters had to settle for a lovely brokedown building and a lovely brokedown car.
Edit: also because Ray was a giant manchild but that might also apply here.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Because they have so little money they can't afford someone competent? That's why the original Ghostbusters had to settle for a lovely brokedown building and a lovely brokedown car.

this time they can't afford it because they make 0.70c on the dollar of what a man would make

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Edit: also because Ray was a giant manchild but that might also apply here.

The first GB's faced that issue, and I'd argue it's probably better to let the work slide than hire someone that's going to make the situation worse....

Heck, I looking forward to this. I like the German watching people fail thing.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

also the only reason reboots are made is to cash in on the name and franchise so just lol if you have any sort of expectations on any of them

Yeah, "Built-in Audience" is an actual thing and it just means that studios can spend less money and talent while expecting a larger return because people already love the novel, the toys, the series, whatever

The Godfather was almost a disaster because of this

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's probably because that second sick kid is sexist.

lol

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 25, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah, "Built-in Audience" is an actual thing and it just means that studios can spend less money and talent while expecting a larger return because people already love the novel, the toys, the series, whatever

The director on John Carter was such a gigantic fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series that he (allegedly) assumed that the character still had wide public recognition and he held the studio back from adding stuff like "From the author who created Tarzan!" from the ad campaigns

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The director on John Carter was such a gigantic fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series that he (allegedly) assumed that the character still had wide public recognition and he held the studio back from adding stuff like "From the author who created Tarzan!" from the ad campaigns

If the director was such a huge fan then maybe he shouldn't have give the Holy Therns stupid nanobot tree powers and stuck to the original.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I mean i knew that too, but thats loving retarded. no one this day and age, outside lit circles and sadbrains like myself know who burroughs is. that sad because that movie was actually OK.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Yeah there's tons of photos of him visiting kids hospitals

It's not all smiles but you can see he's giving his all

holy. when i was young, i was in the hospital all the loving time up until like high school. that would have been awesome.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Most people agree that the 2012 Dredd movie was better than the 1995 movie but the Stallone version at least made a profit at the box office when the Karl Urban version was a flop. :(
I pray to Grud this will someday happen. Thanks to Deadpool proving that relatively cheap R-rated action movies are viable it might.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Mange Mite posted:

but youre an mra :confused:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And the only reason I think the hospital pictures were stupid is because they did it before the movie was out. Most people there probably wondered why some cosplayers were visiting.
If I was in the hospital as a kid and the loving Ghostbusters showed up I would be thrilled. Or let's say Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for the sake of equality.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If they had waited, the kids would be dead. Is that what you want?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yes. They should also pretend to bust those kids ghosts to entertain the kids that will be there in the future.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

how dare them womens visit sick kids in the hospital!!

loving females :rolleyes:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
those kids are not having a good time and don't know who any of them are tho

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Shaquin posted:

those kids are not having a good time

based on like one photo

lol you guys are being hyperbolic

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
imagine being doped up on opiates and worn ragged from chemo and kristen wiig and melissa mccarthy and Deandre the Giant and the twee one coming in with their shapeless jumpsuits and big probes and being asked to give a gently caress at all about them being the ghostbusters when you probably have not even heard of the original

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

lol you guys are being MRA redditors

fixed that for me

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

Do you really need to defend everything about this movie? Is it impossible to believe it might have some missteps in its marketing etc.?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ConstantDelays posted:

Do you really need to defend everything about this movie? Is it impossible to believe it might have some missteps in its marketing etc.?

no but i think the reaction itt to every little thing from the marketing to the costumes is really really funny

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ok you guys are starting to make me feel bad. i'll stop trolling the ghostbusters thread i promise

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

I could go visit random kids in the hospital and justify it the same way.

"What, are you saying I shouldn't visit sick kids and try to cheer them up?"

It would still be kind of weird for me to do so. Less so if I were a celebrity, but most celebrities that do hospital visits are ones who children would recognize and appreciate. If Anthony Hopkins went around visiting kids in character as Hannibal Lecter, I'm sure his heart would be in the right place, but having some old man is in their room talking about eating people would probably be more perplexing to the child than uplifting.

Unless these kids are actual fans of Melissa McCarthy or the other three women, there's really no point in them visiting kids at the hospital in character or out.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

ConstantDelays posted:

Please understand, A misanthrope suffers from a condition called 'human being posting syndrome' or FPS for short. He's been diagnosed with this since he's been 'pestering' the other goons in the thread.

Please take caution when interacting with him, thank you for your time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Applewhite posted:

It would still be kind of weird for me to do so. Less so if I were a celebrity, but most celebrities that do hospital visits are ones who children would recognize and appreciate. If Anthony Hopkins went around visiting kids in character as Hannibal Lecter, I'm sure his heart would be in the right place, but having some old man is in their room talking about eating people would probably be more perplexing to the child than uplifting.

Unless these kids are actual fans of Melissa McCarthy or the other three women, there's really no point in them visiting kids at the hospital in character or out.

Well of course they aren't fans. None of them have done anything any kid could appreciate yet.

edit:
To take it even further, the kids don't care that Chris Pratt or Chris Evans was visiting them either, they cared that the Captain America or Star Lord they know from movies was visiting them.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Applewhite posted:

you say that, but as long as everything was green with the hospital I bet the kids and the parents would be delighted if you visited sick kids and cheered them up, hospitals are probably very lonely and scary places for kids :smith:

• Locked thread