Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It ... it's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Beeez posted:

I like how every time he comments on this people call it "complaining". What does he care? It's not like he retroactively has to change the books to be more like the show.

Because people are projecting their own frustrations onto GRRM.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Because its like being at this party with everyone and you have the best most amazing joke you're going to tell and oh my god this is so funny guys just you wait and you drag it out for like an hour and then someone swoops in and tells it before you.

Not really, because they're not telling the same "joke" in these instances. Killing off Barristan or Stannis or various Dothraki before they die in the books doesn't really give anything away because those characters are already doing something more than they did in the show. It's more like somebody says "A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar..." and then they get interrupted by someone who tries to tell that joke but they're thinking of a different priest/rabbi joke. Even if Stannis and Barristan die in TWOW I won't really feel like the show spoiled it, because they've already done many things differently than the show versions have.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The only thing the show has really spoiled is the burning of Shireen, which D&D straight out said was a WoW spoiler. Though I'm personally also banking on the Sansa rape being at least partially based on a Gurm telling.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Its more like you're at a party and you tell everyone you have this awesome joke. So you begin to tell the joke and then half way through you tell everyone that punchline will be delivered at the end of the party. Someone approaches you knowing you have no punchline and offers you a boatload of money to retell your joke. They do and everyone laughs and you pout and tell everyone you promise to tell your joke your way because its slightly different.....at the next party.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kajeesus posted:

The only thing the show has really spoiled is the burning of Shireen, which D&D straight out said was a WoW spoiler.

Logistically, it can't go down in the same manner though. Either Stannis gets beat, limps back to the Wall, and sacrifices Shireen because of ??? or Mel burns Shireen while Stannis is away and either he wins and finds out about it later or dies and nothing happens anyway.

All of the indications seem to be the latter scenario, with Stannis winning. Mel will burn Shireen in order to guarantee Stannis's victory but what will really happen is Jon wakes up (because she'll probably phrase it like "with this offering help Azor Ahai" or whatever).

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

computer parts posted:

Logistically, it can't go down in the same manner though. Either Stannis gets beat, limps back to the Wall, and sacrifices Shireen because of ??? or Mel burns Shireen while Stannis is away and either he wins and finds out about it later or dies and nothing happens anyway.

All of the indications seem to be the latter scenario, with Stannis winning. Mel will burn Shireen in order to guarantee Stannis's victory but what will really happen is Jon wakes up (because she'll probably phrase it like "with this offering help Azor Ahai" or whatever).

books:

Stannis is losing, Mel burns Shireen, Stannis still probably dies, Jon resurrects.

show:

Stannis is losing, mel and stannis burn shireen, stannis dies, mel returns to castle black, jon resurrects.

why is this so hard for people to understand? they have stated a million times that although the events may be slightly different, the end result will be the same.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TommyGun85 posted:

books:

Stannis is losing, Mel burns Shireen, Stannis still probably dies, Jon resurrects.

show:

Stannis is losing, mel and stannis burn shireen, stannis dies, mel returns to castle black, jon resurrects.

why is this so hard for people to understand? they have stated a million times that although the events may be slightly different, the end result will be the same.

That kinda went out the window once Sansa took the place of Ramsay's rape wife.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

Its more like you're at a party and you tell everyone you have this awesome joke. So you begin to tell the joke and then half way through you tell everyone that punchline will be delivered at the end of the party. Someone approaches you knowing you have no punchline and offers you a boatload of money to retell your joke. They do and everyone laughs and you pout and tell everyone you promise to tell your joke your way because its slightly different.....at the next party.

Once again, a statement of fact is not "pouting". Most of those blog posts read more like he's trying to reassure the fans who are worried they've been spoiled that something happening on the show doesn't mean it'll happen that way or at all in the books.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

computer parts posted:

That kinda went out the window once Sansa took the place of Ramsay's rape wife.

why?

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
I thought the pre-eminent fan theory in this thread was that Mel burns Shireen while Stannis is losing, Mel resurrects Jon, then Stannis returns to the wall in time to see that his daughter is dead and Jon has taken his place as Azor Ahai, leading to him to turn down a dark path and become the Night's King.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Because it explicitly Does Not Happen in the books (it uses different characters in the same role) and there's very little way logistically to get Sansa from touring the Vale to the Wall or wherever she's going to be in Season 6.

The only scenario I can think of is that the show has Brienne find Sansa & Theon and decide that the safest place for her is back with Littlefinger. But that doesn't make sense, because he's the guy that wed her to the rapist in the first place.

speshl guy posted:

I thought the pre-eminent fan theory in this thread was that Mel burns Shireen while Stannis is losing, Mel resurrects Jon, then Stannis returns to the wall in time to see that his daughter is dead and Jon has taken his place as Azor Ahai, leading to him to turn down a dark path and become the Night's King.

The evidence in the preview chapter suggests that Stannis is victorious (having a competent strategy, having many Bolton dissenters within the Bolton ranks, etc). The only evidence for the Night King is that it's a prophecy old story and other old stories have been paralleled before.

Even then though, it's likely that Jon takes the role of the Night's King as much as anybody. Remember that his is the tale of Ice and Fire.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 26, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
One of the least surprising things about this thread is people's inability to accurately describe a party setting

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AAA DOLFAN posted:

One of the least surprising things about this thread is people's inability to accurately describe a party setting

SNES with Mario Cart plugged into a 32" CRT tv. Bottle of Strawberry Puckers. Bag of Dorritos. Nothing to do from Friday at 5pm till 8am Monday.

Ha, check mate mother fucker.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If those set photos are accurate to Winds, then Jon likely receives the letter of legitimization by his late brother and takes up the Stark name. Could be that Stannis takes the now vacant spot of Lord Commander to prepare the Watch for its original duty as described earlier, while Jon goes off to do his own thing.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I just want to know what sigil Jon Targaryen will take.

A dragon embracing a direwolf, mouth open, across a black plain.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

speshl guy posted:

Nah, it has to be Stannis that makes the decision. His entire arc is building up to exactly how much he will sacrifice for power, and the obvious climax will be in a situation where he has to sacrifice Shireen or risk losing everything he's worked towards. The theory is that he will be holding Winterfell when the Others invade, and Melisandre will offer him the power to defeat them, but at the cost of the greatest sacrifice. Melisandre sacrificing her without Stannis' consent makes no narrative sense.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

counterfeitsaint posted:

Because its like being at this party with everyone and you have the best most amazing joke you're going to tell and oh my god this is so funny guys just you wait and you drag it out for like an hour and then someone swoops in and tells it before you.

Except the guy that tells the joke before you tells the wrong joke, and still ruins the punchline.

D AND D SUCK OK

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Phi230 posted:

Except the guy that tells the joke before you tells the wrong joke, and still ruins the punchline.

D AND D SUCK OK

The original joke teller is equally garbage, so it's just a lateral shift.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

counterfeitsaint posted:

The original joke teller is equally garbage, so it's just a lateral shift.

Also the original joke teller said "wait Im gonna tell an incredible joke" and then went on to play videogames and eat snacks and never returned

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, he told HALF an incredible joke and then hosed off for a decade and a half.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

your joke analogies all suck

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Its more like you're at a party and you tell everyone you have this awesome joke. So you begin to tell the joke and a man named Dave was about halfway through his workday when it dawned on him that it was his wife Kate’s birthday, and that he hadn’t bought her a present yet. Dave loved his wife and didn’t want to disappoint her, so he thought hard, trying to come up with a good idea for a gift. Soon it dawned on him that Kate had been hinting that she’d like to have a dog someday soon. She had always had dogs growing up and was disappointed that she couldn’t keep one at their old apartment. They had only recently bought a house with a sizable yard, one that was perfect for a dog or two. Dave couldn’t think of a better way to show his love for his wife than to come home today with a dog. After work Dave went to a nearby pet shop owned by a friend of his named Carlos. “Carlos, Kate wants a dog,” he said, “and today is her birthday. It’s kind of sudden, but do you have a really nice, friendly and attractive dog that she might like?” “I sure do,” said Carlos, who led Dave into the back of the store where there were a number of kennels, each containing a dog. Carlos led him all the way to the back of the room and pointed to a particular kennel. “Take a look,” said Carlos. Dave looked into the kennel and saw that inside was a young but grown dog with a coat that was a rich brown color. Most remarkably, Dave noticed that the dog’s coat was amazingly, fantastically, overwhelmingly shaggy. “That’s the shaggiest dog I have ever seen,” said Dave, amazed. “Yep,” said Carlos, “and he’s friendly, too.” Carlos opened the kennel and brought out the dog, who nuzzled against Dave and licked his hand. “I’ll take him,” said Dave. Half an hour later Dave’s car pulled up into the driveway of his home. Kate, who arrived home from work earlier, saw him coming and came out to greet him. When Dave opened the back door and let the dog out, Kate gasped with delight and ran to meet the new pet, who took to her immediately. “Happy birthday, Kate,” said Dave, kissing his wife on the cheek as she hugged the dog. “Thank you, baby,” she said. “He’s beautiful. I think he’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever seen!” “I know!” said Dave. “That was the first thing I noticed about him.” image“I think he’s the shaggiest dog in the neighborhood,” said Kate. “We should show him to the Lassiters next door.” “Let’s do that now,” said Dave. He attached the leash he had bought on to the dog’s collar and the three of them walked next door and rang the doorbell of their next door neighbors, the Lassiters. Mr. Lassiter emerged. "Hey Dave, Kate,” said Mr. Lassiter. “What’s going on?” “We’d like you to meet the newest member of our family,” said Dave, who then pointed down to the dog. Mr. Lassiter was shocked. “Wow,” he said, “That’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever seen!” “He certainly is shaggy,” said Kate. “I think this is the shaggiest dog in the entire city!” said Mr. Lassiter. “We should show this dog to the mayor! I’ll call my friend at city hall tonight!” Mr. Lassiter made the call, and his friend arranged for a meeting on the steps of city hall the next day during Dave’s Lunch break. The mayor was amazed and pleased with the dog. “That’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever seen!” said the mayor. “Thank you,’ said Dave. “Why, I think it’s the shaggiest dog in the entire state! You should bring this dog to meet the governor! I’ll arrange it right away.” The mayor called the governor’s office and arranged a meeting for the following Saturday when the governor was in town. Dave brought the dog to the governor’s hotel and the state’s chief executive met him and the dog along with the mayor next to the hotel pool. “That’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever laid eyes on!” exclaimed the governor. "He certainly is a shaggy dog,” said Dave. “I’ll say,” said the mayor. “This is easily the shaggiest dog in the state,” said the governor. “I think it may be the shaggiest dog in the entire country!” “Really?” said Dave. “Yes!” said the governor. “I think it’s time to take this dog to meet the President of the United States!” The governor’s office made the arrangements. Two weeks later Dave, Kate, the dog, the mayor and the governor flew to Washington, D.C. and arrived via taxi at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. An aide ushered them through the White House and into the Rose Garden, where they waited for the President. About an hour later, accompanied by the strains of “Hail to the Chief,” the President of the United States entered the Rose Garden. He shook hands with the governor, the mayor, Dave and Kate. “So is this the dog I’ve heard so much about?” asked the President. “Yes,” said Dave. The President reached down and petted the dog on the head. He looked at the dog closely. “This is the dog that you think is so shaggy?” said the President. “Yes,” said Dave, “Don’t you think he’s the shaggiest dog you’ve ever seen?”
“No,” said the President.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
GRRM is the joke.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Ague Proof posted:

Its more like you're at a party and you tell everyone you have this awesome joke. So you begin to tell the joke and a man named Dave was about halfway through his workday when it dawned on him that it was his wife Kate’s birthday, and that he hadn’t bought her a present yet. Dave loved his wife and didn’t want to disappoint her, so he thought hard, trying to come up with a good idea for a gift. Soon it dawned on him that Kate had been hinting that she’d like to have a dog someday soon. She had always had dogs growing up and was disappointed that she couldn’t keep one at their old apartment. They had only recently bought a house with a sizable yard, one that was perfect for a dog or two. Dave couldn’t think of a better way to show his love for his wife than to come home today with a dog. After work Dave went to a nearby pet shop owned by a friend of his named Carlos. “Carlos, Kate wants a dog,” he said, “and today is her birthday. It’s kind of sudden, but do you have a really nice, friendly and attractive dog that she might like?” “I sure do,” said Carlos, who led Dave into the back of the store where there were a number of kennels, each containing a dog. Carlos led him all the way to the back of the room and pointed to a particular kennel. “Take a look,” said Carlos. Dave looked into the kennel and saw that inside was a young but grown dog with a coat that was a rich brown color. Most remarkably, Dave noticed that the dog’s coat was amazingly, fantastically, overwhelmingly shaggy. “That’s the shaggiest dog I have ever seen,” said Dave, amazed. “Yep,” said Carlos, “and he’s friendly, too.” Carlos opened the kennel and brought out the dog, who nuzzled against Dave and licked his hand. “I’ll take him,” said Dave. Half an hour later Dave’s car pulled up into the driveway of his home. Kate, who arrived home from work earlier, saw him coming and came out to greet him. When Dave opened the back door and let the dog out, Kate gasped with delight and ran to meet the new pet, who took to her immediately. “Happy birthday, Kate,” said Dave, kissing his wife on the cheek as she hugged the dog. “Thank you, baby,” she said. “He’s beautiful. I think he’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever seen!” “I know!” said Dave. “That was the first thing I noticed about him.” image“I think he’s the shaggiest dog in the neighborhood,” said Kate. “We should show him to the Lassiters next door.” “Let’s do that now,” said Dave. He attached the leash he had bought on to the dog’s collar and the three of them walked next door and rang the doorbell of their next door neighbors, the Lassiters. Mr. Lassiter emerged. "Hey Dave, Kate,” said Mr. Lassiter. “What’s going on?” “We’d like you to meet the newest member of our family,” said Dave, who then pointed down to the dog. Mr. Lassiter was shocked. “Wow,” he said, “That’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever seen!” “He certainly is shaggy,” said Kate. “I think this is the shaggiest dog in the entire city!” said Mr. Lassiter. “We should show this dog to the mayor! I’ll call my friend at city hall tonight!” Mr. Lassiter made the call, and his friend arranged for a meeting on the steps of city hall the next day during Dave’s Lunch break. The mayor was amazed and pleased with the dog. “That’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever seen!” said the mayor. “Thank you,’ said Dave. “Why, I think it’s the shaggiest dog in the entire state! You should bring this dog to meet the governor! I’ll arrange it right away.” The mayor called the governor’s office and arranged a meeting for the following Saturday when the governor was in town. Dave brought the dog to the governor’s hotel and the state’s chief executive met him and the dog along with the mayor next to the hotel pool. “That’s the shaggiest dog I’ve ever laid eyes on!” exclaimed the governor. "He certainly is a shaggy dog,” said Dave. “I’ll say,” said the mayor. “This is easily the shaggiest dog in the state,” said the governor. “I think it may be the shaggiest dog in the entire country!” “Really?” said Dave. “Yes!” said the governor. “I think it’s time to take this dog to meet the President of the United States!” The governor’s office made the arrangements. Two weeks later Dave, Kate, the dog, the mayor and the governor flew to Washington, D.C. and arrived via taxi at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. An aide ushered them through the White House and into the Rose Garden, where they waited for the President. About an hour later, accompanied by the strains of “Hail to the Chief,” the President of the United States entered the Rose Garden. He shook hands with the governor, the mayor, Dave and Kate. “So is this the dog I’ve heard so much about?” asked the President. “Yes,” said Dave. The President reached down and petted the dog on the head. He looked at the dog closely. “This is the dog that you think is so shaggy?” said the President. “Yes,” said Dave, “Don’t you think he’s the shaggiest dog you’ve ever seen?”

This makes for an excellent and concise story if you read only the first and last paragraph like a proper human being.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I just kinda sit all awkward at parties making a careful effort not to make eye contact or engage anybody until it's time to leave

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

This year Ague Proof is a writer on the show.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

hanales posted:

This year Ague Proof is a writer on the show.

And this year hopefully Shaggydog will be back as a character on the show. Or will they just pull a "Yara" Greyjoy and handwave away Rickon's story for good

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Ague Proof posted:

I dont get it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TommyGun85 posted:

I dont get it.

Have you ever had a friend that wasn't your friend? They probably told some variation of this joke at some point. Or the one about the guy collecting ping pong balls.

The "humour" aspect comes from wasting so much of the listener's time for a popcorn fart of a punchline to an unfunny meta-joke that they want to physically kill you. So funny! (not denigrating the actual poster of the shaggy dog joke- it's a perfect simile to the GRRM-D&D paradox)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

computer parts posted:

Because it explicitly Does Not Happen in the books (it uses different characters in the same role) and there's very little way logistically to get Sansa from touring the Vale to the Wall or wherever she's going to be in Season 6.

The only scenario I can think of is that the show has Brienne find Sansa & Theon and decide that the safest place for her is back with Littlefinger. But that doesn't make sense, because he's the guy that wed her to the rapist in the first place.

In the books Baelish is planning to marry Sansa to harry the heir and kill off robin/robert so he controls the north and the east. In the books he'll have more than enough men to do so. In the show it's just as easy to have Sansa and theon run into jon snow as he marches south to winterfell for justice or whatever, throw the boltons out on their rear end and install Sansa as lady until Rickon gets brought back. She won't need to marry Harry the heir in the show at all because she'll have just had a force throw the biggest threat out on their rear end and you would think the inclusion of the umbers and I would assume some houses loyal to targs we've seen banners for could leave enough numbers there to garrison winterfell.

It's a roundabout way but it sounds like the plot to Marry Sansa to Harry the heir from the books is still a fair way off happening as there's only been one leaked chapter where she flirts a little bit with him.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I think that chapter of TWOW makes it seem somewhat likely she'll never actually marry him, there's a lot of shady stuff going on in the Vale and virtually everyone seems to be a potential spanner in the works for Littlefinger's plans. Including Littlefinger himself.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Beeez posted:

I think that chapter of TWOW makes it seem somewhat likely she'll never actually marry him, there's a lot of shady stuff going on in the Vale and virtually everyone seems to be a potential spanner in the works for Littlefinger's plans. Including Littlefinger himself.

Sansa will definitely never marry him, because plans never ever work if they're explained in advance

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
The Aristocrats! ~GRRM, probably

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This entire series is literally nothing but aristocrats plus some dragons and ice zombies.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Whenever people talk about the Other-dragon battle/war or Dany arriving in Westeros I can't really see it happening, it just doesn't fit. It's pretty much inevitable that these things will happen but it still seems out of place for the series, and not just because when someone predicts what will happen it's always fanfictiony and not organic. Which is odd since you know this fantasy battle will happen from just reading the prologue of the first book. It seems like it would be hard to write in a way that's not incredibly cheesy, it's been so long since the Others have done anything despite being the whole point of the series. I know there's going to be a not so shocking twist where "man is the real monster" or "the Others aren't so different" but I feel like there's no way to write it in just 2 books without it coming out of nowhere.

I think TWOW will probably be published at some point in a complete format but you can't really predict these things, he could be halfway finished or a few chapters off. I'm really pessimistic about the chances of the book after that one ever being published and unless GRRM rushes out an ending there would probably have to be another book to wrap up the series anyway.

If I were him I would write a deliberately awful troll ending to the series and make plans for it to be "found" a few weeks after my death.

Harold Stassen posted:

Have you ever had a friend that wasn't your friend? They probably told some variation of this joke at some point. Or the one about the guy collecting ping pong balls.

The "humour" aspect comes from wasting so much of the listener's time for a popcorn fart of a punchline to an unfunny meta-joke that they want to physically kill you. So funny! (not denigrating the actual poster of the shaggy dog joke- it's a perfect simile to the GRRM-D&D paradox)

I don't have high expectations for the Rickon plot.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 29, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ague Proof posted:

Whenever people talk about the Other-dragon battle/war or Dany arriving in Westeros I can't really see it happening, it just doesn't fit. It's pretty much inevitable that these things will happen but it still seems out of place for the series, and not just because when someone predicts what will happen it's always fanfictiony and not organic. Which is odd since you know this fantasy battle will happen from just reading the prologue of the first book. It seems like it would be hard to write in a way that's not incredibly cheesy, it's been so long since the Others have done anything despite being the whole point of the series. I know there's going to be a not so shocking twist where "man is the real monster" or "the Others aren't so different" but I feel like there's no way to write it in just 2 books without it coming out of nowhere.

The Others have done a whole bunch in Book 5, it's just not explicitly on screen. Pretty much every one of Jon's chapters is about how they're loving up poo poo and Jon's trying to stem the bleeding. Like Hardhome actually happened in the books, just not with Jon there.

And you really overestimate how long a bunch of stuff needs to be set up. Like a battle can be covered in one POV perspective. Tyrion did it in Book 1, and it would've been perfectly possible to do Blackwater in one as well.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Ague Proof posted:

I know there's going to be a not so shocking twist where "man is the real monster" or "the Others aren't so different" but I feel like there's no way to write it in just 2 books without it coming out of nowhere.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. While Martin does play with the genre, that doesn't mean nothing is as it seems. The Others probably have more complexity than we know, but that doesn't mean they're not actually a threat to all life. A big theme of the whole series has been survival and what people will do to survive, so I think the invasion of the White Walkers will be a means to show how all the characters deal with catastrophic circumstances, and some of what we see will be the more subversive part, rather than some twist where we find out the White Walkers were actually no different than humanity or the real "good guys" or whatever. They are legitimately inhuman, and their morality likely isn't the same as human morality, just like the mythological creatures they're based on.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 29, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Say what you will about the quality of the writing but Yara and a bunch of armored and armed vicious pirates running away from a shirtless dude and a couple of dogs like terrified nuns is a thing that happened in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Martin will not make the nature of the Others (who are just a genetically modified group of humans, source: Preston Jacobs) explicit, he will just throw in enough clues indicating that the official Westerosi narrative is hogwash, as he's already began indicating in Sam's chapters. The books will not end with all the mysteries getting answered and everyone just getting along after figuring out it's merely some 5,000 year old misunderstanding.

• Locked thread