Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You don't know when you get your PMs? It's day 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

You don't know when you get your PMs? It's day 3.

I haven't gotten one for D3 yet.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Oh apparently since there's no N3, there's no decision to be made. I get no information for tonight.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

JakeP (3): Quidnose, The Ninth Layer, Murmur Twin
Quidnose (2): King Burgundy, Lumpen, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, imgay
kordansk (1): Rarity, Rarity, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
Murmur Twin (1): kordansk, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer
King Burgundy (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Lumpen (0): Quidnose, Quidnose, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (5): Barehanded Brother, JakeP, Khris Kruel, Rarity, TMMadman

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 23rd, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 hours, 21 minutes.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

JakeP time:

JakeP explaining Lumpen/imgay tactic this game to point back and laugh at it when they win?

I am half serious with this :v:

So you are proposing that I am scum with Lumpen and Imgay, Lumpen outwardly declared in the scum doc that he was going to do waht he is doing this game, and imgay as well, and then BHB set me up to explain exactly what my scum team was going to do?

loving lol you might be half retarded

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote quidnose

his caseing on me is so not genuine. He just took all of my posts and found a way to spin them as scummy, including posts that are clearly me scumhunting. Like he calls me doing an about-face on BK scummy some how, but BKs play was extremely scummy, and while I was clowning around regarding him initially, I pointed out when he started to be scummy, and why.

Quid is def scum in this game 100%

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
TNL is probably scum with him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
TNL posts and stuff but is mostly moderating the game, making easy safe moves liek voting the survivor, while waiting for someone else to do the work to get the ball rolling on another lynch, so he can swoop in and jump on it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think it is plain to see for anyone, start from where quidnose starts his flurry of posts on me and tell me that he read my posts and thought I was scummy, rather than deciding to call me scum, then going through my posts and making reasons to support that idea.

Its clearly a scum case

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like just the fact that he even brings up my joke reply to BHB shows he is not even concerned with context or what is happening at the time I am making my posts, he doesn't care why the posts were made he just wants to poke holes in them for the sake of making me look bad

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, time for a few morning thoughts.

I don't really know whats up with that whole KB/Quid fight. I feel like it's probably a D1 town slapfight that happened on D3 instead, but that's mostly gut talking after skimming it between Daredevil episodes last night. If I had to vote for one of them it would be KB because I have a much stronger town read on Quid. However, I don't think either of them should be the vote today.

I agree with TNL that MMT should probably be one of the lynches today because we can't trust her to vote with town at LYLO/MYLO. But it should probably be the second lynch because if we can get scum with the first lynch then MMT becomes less of an issue as long as she actually is a 3P survivor. I really do feel like I should have killed her with my vig just to have solved that issue, but I felt pretty good about Jimson being scum.

I'm not sure what to make of the kordansk claim. It feels a little convenient and I don't know why wasn't he more active in helping with the CYOA choices if that is his role.

Even with as little as I have been posting today, I don't really like the content of imgay or Lumpen. Neither of them seem willing to actually hunt scum and are mostly just posting nonsense. Although it's pretty hilarious nonsense in Lumpens case. I could see either of them being scum and hiding behind the non-content posts.

I do kind of like the JakeP case and I could move that way a bit later. However, I think I'm going to ##vote BHB for this post:

Barehanded Brother posted:

Except I never called Jimson scum. I thought he was the best lynch candidate of D1 because he was playing not to die and in doing so being super unhelpful, but the first person who struck me as playing a Scum Game so far is imgay, which everyone tells me is wrong because he shitposts constantly. Speaking of which I'm disappointed in TMM for not using his vig on him instead.

I challenge Lumpen to List, and if he does so I will do so in return.

It's just wrong on so many levels. First of all, he starts by saying he didn't call Jimson scum, but still thought he was the best lynch candidate which is I feel is a scummy sidestep. Then he moves on to say that imgay is playing a scum game, but doesn't vote him and instead wishes I had killed him with my vig. It feels a bit weird to me because while it's certainly possible imgay is scum, he certainly wasn't scummier than Jimson by N2 so killing imgay would have just been a shot in the dark.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Could we get a list of the dead people in the OP Kashuno? Thanks.

I spoilered out dead people now!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'd vote BHB

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, I also just did a quick skim of Lumpen his voting is really weird. I gotta leave for work, but I would encourage people to go look at Lumpens history and just concentrate on his votes. I think Lumpen might actually be scum hiding behind the ridiculous posting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
how do you analyze votes when no scum has flipped?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's more that all his votes are essentially contentless votes. I mean maybe there is some sort of reason in the first couple of D1 votes but his vote on Asiina is awful and his Quid vote feels opportunistic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although I know you won't agree with me about the Quid vote since you think Quid is scum.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
So instead of Listing, Lumpen goes full Timecube. On the one hand, his posts have been Mafia Art and beautiful in their absurdity, but on the other, he's almost certainly scum.

Regardless, I present to you my Barehanded BroTiersTM:

TownBros:
--------------------------
  • BHB - my role PM says so
  • Quidnose - The sheer amount of effort he's put in the game means I won't vote him unless there's super damning evidence otherwise
  • TMMadman - I believe the vig claim, Jimson was a logical target for a town vig and completely illogical for a scum kill

Brotentials:
----------------------------
  • King Burgundy - his back and forth with Quid seemed like it came from a very town place, although his desire to ignore 3P for scumhunting is a tactic I've used before as scum
  • TNL - Also putting in an effort game, taking a hard line on MT is a pro-town move (although it could just be for easy cred because it's based on math not casework)
  • kordansk - I believe the oracle claim, the flavor supports it, there are things in the claim that couldn't be guessed from the flavor, and a scum oracle seems like a Bad Role but what do I know

On Brobation:
-----------------------------
  • Rarity - the "hot take" posting style when she's catching up puts me off and could be a postcount inflater, some LAMIST moments, and more question-asking than actual casework
  • KK - a lot of the D2 anger felt over the top to me, hasn't explained what Lumpen is doing, "I can't scumhunt until scum flip" :rolleyes:
  • Murmur Twin - claimed survivor, if we mislynch D3, then probably have to lynch D4
Get Lynched ScumBros:
--------------------------------
  • imgay - has not actually hunted a scum yet this game (asiina flipped town and that was as close as he came); some of his posts have to do with the game of Mafia but not specifically alignment calls or reasoning
  • Lumpen - see above, his posts are almost certainly a smokescreen for not having to post with the Scum Mind
  • JakeP - kind of buddied up to me in jokephase and then later said that he'd vote for me after almost being pressed into making a case after calling out one of my posts; "i don't think quid is scum" *quid makes a case on him* "oh yeah quid is 100% scum"

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

TMMadman posted:

It's just wrong on so many levels. First of all, he starts by saying he didn't call Jimson scum, but still thought he was the best lynch candidate which is I feel is a scummy sidestep. Then he moves on to say that imgay is playing a scum game, but doesn't vote him and instead wishes I had killed him with my vig. It feels a bit weird to me because while it's certainly possible imgay is scum, he certainly wasn't scummier than Jimson by N2 so killing imgay would have just been a shot in the dark.

My Jimson vote was because it was like a half hour to deadline and there were 3 viable candidates, none of whom I thought was scum so I picked the greatest of the evils. I didn't vote imgay because the case I made was during the night. Since we're close to deadline now and y'all know where I stand on everyone, let's get the train rolling.

##vote imgay

Will happily switch to Lumpen or Jake as well.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I hadn't had any really strong scum or town reads and was leaning more towards Quid being town. His casing on me is definitely a scum case though, and he is now the scummiest player in the game. Opinions change, especially when the initial opinions were not strong to begin with

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Scu team is Quid TNL BHB and one of Rarity Kordansk KK Lumpen or Imgay, currently in no partcular order

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
glad to see bhb come in with the same shill reasons that im not playing mafia instead of creating original thoughts. too bad its baseless if he actually read

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

I challenge Lumpen to List, and if he does so I will do so in return.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

JakeP posted:

I hadn't had any really strong scum or town reads and was leaning more towards Quid being town. His casing on me is definitely a scum case though, and he is now the scummiest player in the game. Opinions change, especially when the initial opinions were not strong to begin with

Yeah, opinions change, but your opinions have been practically fluid all game. Quid already pointed out a lot of those, especially on Asiina and BK. Your OMGUS about-face on Quid is just icing on the cake - he's been playing the same way all game, making cases the same way, and yet you were tentatively town on him until he turned his eye on you. The most charitable explanation is that you just weren't paying attention to his posting, but the more likely is that you're scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, opinions change, but your opinions have been practically fluid all game. Quid already pointed out a lot of those, especially on Asiina and BK. Your OMGUS about-face on Quid is just icing on the cake - he's been playing the same way all game, making cases the same way, and yet you were tentatively town on him until he turned his eye on you. The most charitable explanation is that you just weren't paying attention to his posting, but the more likely is that you're scum.

Its way easier for me to tell when someone is being fake when it is in regard to me, because I remember the way things were at the time that I made my posts, and know that the way he is spinning them is inaccurate and deceptive.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Alright, time for a few morning thoughts.

I don't really know whats up with that whole KB/Quid fight. I feel like it's probably a D1 town slapfight that happened on D3 instead, but that's mostly gut talking after skimming it between Daredevil episodes last night. If I had to vote for one of them it would be KB because I have a much stronger town read on Quid. However, I don't think either of them should be the vote today.

I agree with TNL that MMT should probably be one of the lynches today because we can't trust her to vote with town at LYLO/MYLO. But it should probably be the second lynch because if we can get scum with the first lynch then MMT becomes less of an issue as long as she actually is a 3P survivor. I really do feel like I should have killed her with my vig just to have solved that issue, but I felt pretty good about Jimson being scum.

I'm not sure what to make of the kordansk claim. It feels a little convenient and I don't know why wasn't he more active in helping with the CYOA choices if that is his role.

Even with as little as I have been posting today, I don't really like the content of imgay or Lumpen. Neither of them seem willing to actually hunt scum and are mostly just posting nonsense. Although it's pretty hilarious nonsense in Lumpens case. I could see either of them being scum and hiding behind the non-content posts.

I do kind of like the JakeP case and I could move that way a bit later. However, I think I'm going to ##vote BHB for this post:

read my few posts this game. most of them actually address the CYOA parts. it's just been really inconvenient timing for me when the night actually occurs.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kordanks stuff about the role PM timing makes no sense and I believe it's a lie. He says initially he got info on N1 about the choices that had just gone up, then states that on D2 he got information about the choices that weren't anywhere near posted.

Who gets night results and then immediate day results, inconsistently? It's a crap claim.

JakeP is also a better mafia player than to drop that transparent omgus on me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Can the person who did the thing to me last night say "hay?"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

JakeP is also a better mafia player than to drop that transparent omgus on me

You literally did this exact thing last game we played together when you were scum and I voted you after you voted me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also did this one of the games where I was town and was at your throat very early and you OMGUS me and we turned out both town. Think it was DBZ.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You disagree with my case on you, fine. What do you think about my commentary and case work on literally anyone else?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

You literally did this exact thing last game we played together when you were scum and I voted you after you voted me

Not only is this consistent with how you play scum, but there is very recent precedent (like 1-2 months ago) of me doing just the thing you said I wouldn't do as town and catching you as scum.

QUIDNOSE IS SCUM VOTE HIM YOU SCRUBS

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

imgay posted:

glad to see bhb come in with the same shill reasons that im not playing mafia instead of creating original thoughts. too bad its baseless if he actually read

I'm going to do what Quid did and list all your posts since I called you out that could conceivably be considered "playing mafia", and I will interpret them.

imgay posted:

love me or hate me, my votes were solid

Self-defense. For the record, your votes were: 1) jokevote on me, 2) lurker vote on asiina, 3) "never no lynch" on BK, and 4) the BK turbo hammer.

imgay posted:

both men club applicants were dead, jake nominated lumpen for it. I hardly want to put jake under the radar on this though. also bhb i think is tmm because they look the same except bhb is black

I think this is a suspicion of Jake for nominating Lumpen for club membership of a fake club created as a joke in response to another joke. Also TMM and I are the same because of avatars. Neither of these are indicative in any way of alignment, and the way it is written, apropos of nothing in the thread as far as I could tell, comes across as a joke.

imgay posted:

its a thing. last time i played with lumpen he made like a compilation of lumpen lists. he was scum tho and they didnt catch any scum so its one of those things where the beholder is skewed indefinitely by the scion of truth

Someone asks if LumpenLists are still a thing, and this is a helpful response insofar as the answer is "yes". Then the qualifier comes, and turns the "yes" answer into "yes, but it's meaningless, don't use my answer to read into his alignment because of what he's doing". So, it's a post, and it's about Mafia, but it doesn't help town win the game. You might as well have not posted.

imgay posted:

sorry but last time i put my foot foward and tried hard, i got immeadiately killed

"Woe is me, I don't want to die in this game". That's not playing Mafia.

imgay posted:

has anyone countered tmm on 2nd kill?

A question about the game that could have been answered by rereading the thread and discovering that no, no one had. It is a post about this particular Mafia game, but the line of reasoning that could have gone along with the question is left orphaned. How fitting.

imgay posted:

Please don't sully the man club's name mmt. also kordansk finally shows up but hes pretty closeminded in his posts, kind of whack. i don't think kb and quid are both scum from their exchange i dont see a scum path by them thunderdoming each other. crzier things have happened before but its unlikely

3 almost alignment calls - suspicion on kordansk with a reason attached, not bad. Analysis of the KB/Quid argument: probably not both scum, but maybe they are? This is an Actual Playing Mafia post. Not super helpful, but credit where due.

imgay posted:

my brain hurts trying to comprehend, also jake I'm slapping your knuckles for saying youll vote a fellow club men member. SLAP
if you don't have the integrity to trust your brothers, your own character will be judged for its flaws

And now we've gone back to playing Mafia by using reasoning based on a joke club formed as a joke. Cannot take seriously.

imgay posted:

also if ur looking for backup sk wouldn't that be on tmm plate?

Ludicrous speculation. It's technically an Actual Playing Mafia post, but kordansk's suggestion of backup SK is so farfetched that why even address it? Distraction from scumhunting, trying to make TMM's vig look more suspicious?

imgay posted:

the gently caress kind of poo poo is this. ive posted content today and you chosing to ignore it. what kind of reaffirming circlejerk narrative you trying to spin on me. maybe actual read instead of spewing false poo poo you shitlords

Angry self-defense, but it does accuse Quid and TNL of being disingenuous. It's not a true accusation, but it at least gives clues to possible alignment calls. This will become a theme, as the next few posts you make try to counter the claim that you haven't been playing the game. You claim that it's "content in context" but I've looked at the context of those posts, and you've consistently chosen the least helpful contexts to make your posts. You've ignored large swaths of the game to focus on 1) man club, 2) the TMM vig, and 3) a waffling opinion of the KB/Quid fight that spanned pages. Only one of those contexts is remotely meaningful, and you spilled barely a full line of ink on it. It's just not enough compared to how many posts you've actually made this game.

Let's move on, now. Who do you think is scum?

imgay posted:

jake and quid

You're so angry at being accused that now you're dropping the pretense of Man Club Solidarity by accusing Jake, and then going after Quid because he hurt your feelings by correctly eviscerating what you've done so far.

imgay posted:

u just quoting dudes with reactions instead of making posts from the heart. ur poo poo all feels constructed instead of a stream of consciousness. ur instigating what direction conversation is going more than any other player

This is your justification for your Quid vote. The implication is making posts from the heart/stream of consciousness is superior to constructing posts and directing conversation. However, reasoning is the core of convincing people to share your opinion, so I reject your premise. If you want people to believe you, you have to have backup for your positions. Quid pushes you on that, and you reply with two posts filled with random quotes from Quid and Jake.

You know what your posting reminds me of, imgay? It reminds me of a child of perhaps 6 or 7 who sees older children or adults doing an activity that requires dexterity that they simply don't have, but nevertheless tries to imitate them. It's not the mimicry of a younger child who just does it as a way of learning, but the imitation done by a child who understands success and failure, and when they compare their efforts with those of others, they get frustrated and lash out, attempting to destroy the ball or the building blocks because if they can't show mastery of it in a constructive way, they can at least show that they have the power to unmake it. It feels like that's how you're approaching argumentation in this game. I've never used the phrase "go back to GBS" seriously before, but ironic shitposting has its place, and it's not here. Not this far into a game that relies on discursive reasoning to play and win.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

You disagree with my case on you, fine. What do you think about my commentary and case work on literally anyone else?

Its irrelevant because I know you are scum, so I feel no desire to delve deeper into your post history. I don't "disagree with your case on me" I am calling it made up and anyone who pretends it is a good case is probabaly scum with you or is a low effort player

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Quidnose posted:

Can the person who did the thing to me last night say "hay?"

This is uncomfortably rolefishy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You are so, so frequently wrong about me, JakeP. We will never be mafia bros.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is uncomfortably rolefishy.

I am dubious about what happened and want verification that this poo poo isn't just gonna explode on me. I already mentioned it earlier and nobody claimed it which concerned me.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I am dubious about what happened and want verification that this poo poo isn't just gonna explode on me. I already mentioned it earlier and nobody claimed it which concerned me.

You mean this?

Quidnose posted:

ALSO: to the person who did the thing to me last night, thank you, it was nice!

Why would anyone come forward to claim it?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Contradiction kordansk

So first of all this post comes out of literally nowhere with basically no votes on him:

kordansk posted:

I just didn't have time to commit to this game. I've been super busy. I am totally town though. You should not vote me. Also I may or may not be an oracle of sorts that gets insider information for the following day and which choice we should choose.

INCREDIBLY self conscious and desperate way too early for this poo poo. Why claim here.

Then we get the explanation:

kordansk posted:

Whatever, I'll paraphrase. The first night I was told there would be 4 options, and only 1 would benefit us. Two would benefit the tainted and the last was an unknown with no information. I was told that we should pool our votes into the best option and I should be wary of a heated debate. It's why I was thinking marshlands or the river for the first option.

On the second day I was told that I needed to convince the group to make the right choice to see blue skies once more.

Key words that I noticed in there - BLUE, POOL, HEATED

While this is consistent with his posting about "we should stay away from the fire and go to swamp or river, guys," that's an easy retrospect claim to make. Note again the contradiction here:

-First results received N1, after the information had been posted - makes sense for an open night game for Kashuno to have it be this way
-Second results received D2 - this makes no sense, why did he receive information randomly after the day started about decisions that hadn't shown up yet?

Now we get into rapidfire lies to cover his initial fuckup:

kordansk posted:

When the day starts I am just given information from the mod regarding the choices. It's a new message at the start of each day.

That's odd because of N1 initial info.

kordansk posted:

I only received information from D1 and D2 it seems. I didn't even realize I didn't get anything today. There were no option though at the start of the day.

That's odd because you received info N1.

kordansk posted:

Well it must be at the end of day then that I receive the information. The PM says I should get it at the start, but maybe Kash hasn't gotten around to it yet. When I get said infos, and it's not when I'm asleep and prior to the lynch I will share it to demonstrate I am telling the truth.

That's odd you have no idea when Kashuno is sending this stuff and aren't bothering to check timestamps to figure it out.

kordansk posted:

Oh apparently since there's no N3, there's no decision to be made. I get no information for tonight.

That's convenient, and it's odd that you didn't say "oh Kashuno just sent me a clarifying PM."

kordansk posted:

read my few posts this game. most of them actually address the CYOA parts. it's just been really inconvenient timing for me when the night actually occurs.

Are we back now to the role PMs coming out at night, or during the day?

This is total bullshit, I hope everyone can see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You mean this?

Why would anyone come forward to claim it?

Because they know what they did and know there is no danger of claiming said action. Clearly it's not you, which makes ME feel like YOU are rolefishing to find out what happened to me.

• Locked thread