Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lumpen(3): Lumpen, Murmur Twin, Rarity
Murmur Twin(0): Lumpen,Lumpen
Not Voting (4): Barehanded Brother, Khris Kruel, kordansk, Quidnose

With 7 alive, it is 4 votes to lynch. Deadline is 10:00PM EST, Tuesday March 29th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
gently caress yeah VINDICATED. I knew TMM was scum days ago. I just couldn't figure out why I knew.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Nobody be stupid and hammer. I have a thought.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
So tonight we have two options, the guard is going to recommend we see the King, however, we can go under the castle, where there is treasure that we apparently are seeking. I was told of no drawbacks for the treasure.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What is GMT +10 "0338" in Forums Time

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What time zone are the forums even in :v:

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Nobody be stupid and hammer. I have a thought.

I'm thinking rarity. What are you thinking?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

What is GMT +10 "0338" in Forums Time

Aren't you set to your local time?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##unvote

I'm down to see what Quid is thinking

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
its 135am right now where I am.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Barehanded Brother posted:

Isn't it 7 and 4?

This has to be a gambit, right?
Yes, 7 and 4.

No gambit, right move. I die now, I win with Town. I go to LYLO I am bad bait and Town lose. Too bad for me, push wrong guy last day, and some days past. Like KB.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

kordansk posted:

Aren't you set to your local time?

No, the forums show as +7 hours to me. I think that means they're set to GMT because I'm PST which it looks like is PST -7.

I am double checking my math~

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

In the event that it matters to Quid's theory, I'm posting while on a flight from Boston to Seattle and so my time zones might be a bit wonky.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Like KB did.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My thought was to see if Kordansk's time claim of when he got his information about the next day on N1 lined up with when MMT was posting her information about being a survivor, on the off chance the scumteam has a remaining rolecop, copped BK, got the info before night ended, and with the Doc dead decided to make a run at getting townie cred by offing BK.

That would mean a stacked scumteam, though, and also would rely on MMT being a standard goon....which leaves out a rolecop, so this is a dumb theory. She also breadcrumbed survivor D1.

So nvm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who killed TMM?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity on my TMM theory yesterday:

Rarity posted:

This TM theory is really interesting but I can't handle it right now. Will do a reread of him when my head's not pounding. But if it's true then he should be scum more often cause it's been so nice not having him rave like a lunatic this game.

Drink responsibly, kids!

Excuses herself from commenting on it, says she will comment on it, then comes back the next day with:

Rarity posted:

Guys, chill, I was on a date. (It went well :3:)

For today I'm undecided between KB and the Lumpen gamble. I want to go back and reread KB's posts approaching D3 deadline but I'm about to go meet a friend I haven't seen in ages for drinks so I won't have time till tomorrow. We've got plenty of time till deadline so please bear with me.

No comment until she starts her reread:

Rarity posted:

Ok, going to do a full reread of D3 specifically looking KB/Lumpen

Re: TM, I think he's legit. I've been in games where I've been disconnected cause of lovely stuff going on IRL and it's always led me to be lazy. And the case on him relies on this one huge "gotcha" that I'm not really seeing. I think MT and Quid are having one of those moments where you really want something to be true so you can feel smart and it's interfering with their reads.

Hurm.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Who killed TMM?

Wasn't it us from choosing correctly? I figured the setup was something like - town chooses poo poo options scum gets an extra NK, we choose PR option and people get extra stuff, or town chooses good option and we get a PGO on whatever they target or something like that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity ONLY looks at Lumpen and KB in her reread, which...it doesn't look like she ever really finished?

Knowing KB is town and that Lumpen very well might be town at this point, that's a fairly safe way to fake some content against two townies.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Rarity on my TMM theory yesterday:

Excuses herself from commenting on it, says she will comment on it, then comes back the next day with:

No comment until she starts her reread:

Hurm.

Just read pages 3 and 4 of Rarity. It's pretty bad. Most of the posts are checkin's and couple comments about me basically not having time to read the game thoroughly and YOLOing poorly. The read on TMM is like 100% opposite town, considering we had multiple people reading that vig as scummy if you take into account TMM's other posting.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Quidnose posted:

Who killed TMM?

The flavor makes it sound like the game mechanics did.

Also, Lumpen, since this has been bothering me all game: if you're really town, and you're really ready to sacrifice yourself today, can you please, in the standard English we all know you're capable of, explain just why on earth you've been posting like a schizophrenic conspiracy theory website?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Holy poo poo, do y'all sleep?

Quid presents an intricate case against TMM, but it relies most crucially on the setup giving an extra NK to scum, who already had a juggernaut. The his waffling casemaking is by far the sketchiest thing about him, and the rest of the case seems to rely on meta - lurking, would kill Podima N1. That's not enough for me to want to vote him over Lumpen or MMT today.

I don't think the Tainted got an extra kill for N2 - I think it's fairly obvious the pro-Tainted effect was the 2 fewer votes to lynch - and even if they did, they wouldn't use it on Jimson. Look last night's CYOA effect, we picked the most pro-town option according to kordansk, and now it's one extra vote to lynch, which seems to benefit town more than scum.

I think the most pertinent question is, do any of you think that Town Lumpen could live with himself playing this way?

preview edit: I once bought a book that was written by a man who was schizophrenic, but not obviously so - he could carry on a conversation with me, for the most part, but rambled and diverted quite a bit. The writing of that book was almost exactly the style that Lumpen is posting now. It's almost eerie how well he can emulate it, down to the fragmentation, the consistent misspelling of certain words, and blocks of ill-jointed text.

##vote Lumpen

This post, however, is also really bad. BHB hardcore pushing us away from thinking about this idea with TMM at all, immediately after it's been presented, with a hard push on to Lumpen, for no reason other than...Lumpen is schizophrenic?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BHB's very angry "casing" of KK also reads really bad in light of the Godfather flip.

I shouldn't be surprised, though: after going through all 9 pages of KK's posts, that's all his posting is - aggressive reads on whoever he's currently got a feeling about. As long as he's in the thread and actively responding, there's consistency in his views, but each time he leaves and comes back there's something new, and often no evidence in the way of real in-depth reads of people besides "hey I just reread this guy, here's a thought with maybe 1 sentence justification". (The one exception being the siren-filled megapost on D3.)

For the record, I am not calling KK scum, I just think that his suspicion of me is Really loving Bad and I don't take kindly to being told to gently caress myself by someone whose thoughts barely cohere.

Vote Lumpen 2016

Why this last statement? Why not say "for all I know KK could be a godfather and we're giving him too much credit?" Pretty sure I said that somewhere else. This is reading a bit like BHB knows there's going to be a godfather flip and is self consciously covering his tracks.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

BHB's very angry "casing" of KK also reads really bad in light of the Godfather flip.

Why this last statement? Why not say "for all I know KK could be a godfather and we're giving him too much credit?" Pretty sure I said that somewhere else. This is reading a bit like BHB knows there's going to be a godfather flip and is self consciously covering his tracks.

BHB was on 2 scum immediately throughout the beginning of the game, and TMM was casing and voting BHB as well.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BHB pushing hard with a soft KK is scum narrative, think this could look like a setup that got botched with the TMM godfather flip.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ugh, that might be right. BHB might be Town. Do not put me at LYLO any way. Also have to take out MMT.
I did not read Rarity one more time, just BHB. Will go look too, can help when i have flip

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

kordansk posted:

BHB was on 2 scum immediately throughout the beginning of the game, and TMM was casing and voting BHB as well.

Yeah, and JakeP and imgay both tossed him out as a candidate as well when they were on the chopping block. But was he a viable candidate, or was this for cred?

It was ALL THREE SCUM in a row though (TMM casing him, Jake and BHB saying they could see that case and doing nothing with it). Hurm.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

The flavor makes it sound like the game mechanics did.

Also, Lumpen, since this has been bothering me all game: if you're really town, and you're really ready to sacrifice yourself today, can you please, in the standard English we all know you're capable of, explain just why on earth you've been posting like a schizophrenic conspiracy theory website?
I post fine. I will talk about my fun post ways when game done.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I must go now for bad reads and votes, not bad post style.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I gotta go to work, will think about this on the drive over.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

##unvote

What the hell was that by kordansk?

posting this for posterity.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

I post fine. I will talk about my fun post ways when game done.

It looks like you adopted the English variant from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am going to be really mad if we gently caress this up because this is hands down my best game of mafia ever.

I want to do a full reread of BHB and Rarity later today, please do not end the day early with dumb shenanigans.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
BHB was in range to end day, but chose to call gambit, could have put down last vote and not gave much heat for it, if he took fake stance of feel sure. WIFOM, but still.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I am going to be really mad if we gently caress this up because this is hands down my best game of mafia ever.

I want to do a full reread of BHB and Rarity later today, please do not end the day early with dumb shenanigans.

I'll commit to not voting until you've had a chance to reread but would request that you also go over Lumpen because even with his posting structure aside he seems the scummiest to me.

I reread Rarity on based on what kordansk and I guess I can see a world where Rarity is scum but I don't think it's the most likely scenario. BHB leading the charge on imgay seems pretty genuine and I'm town there.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Well I'll be damned.

Looks like we've got this wrapped up though :toot:

##vote Lumpen
Rarity pile right on, whole hog.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

It's gonna be a quid/kord tagteam from our TMM cases nailing the GF.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Lumpen I think the best option is actually rarity as well at this point.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

kordansk posted:

It's gonna be a quid/kord tagteam from our TMM cases nailing the GF.

I was pretty all-in on TMM too :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, I forgot to mention the TM thing. Without getting too E/N in a mafia game, I've never had any romance in my life, only ever been on 5 dates and Friday was the best one of those so my head was off in the clouds and not thinking about this game at all. When I got to rereading D3 it was clear everyone had decided on either KB or Lumpen and I had 23 pages to get through. It took like 3 hours just looking at those two and I didn't have the time to do more. I know I've been in and out of this game, it's Easter weekend and I have an active social life and as much as I enjoy mafia, it's not my main priority.

Lumpen posted:

I know the last scum is one of you/MT/BHB and we have three days worth of lynches so to me this game is all done. All we have to do is go through you guys and we'll win it. So at this point the order doesn't really matter to me. I realise that for the rest of you it's not that simple and you're gonna have to look at me too but that's where I'm at at any rate.

• Locked thread