Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I forgot to mention the TM thing. Without getting too E/N in a mafia game, I've never had any romance in my life, only ever been on 5 dates and Friday was the best one of those so my head was off in the clouds and not thinking about this game at all. When I got to rereading D3 it was clear everyone had decided on either KB or Lumpen and I had 23 pages to get through. It took like 3 hours just looking at those two and I didn't have the time to do more. I know I've been in and out of this game, it's Easter weekend and I have an active social life and as much as I enjoy mafia, it's not my main priority.

I know the last scum is one of you/MT/BHB and we have three days worth of lynches so to me this game is all done. All we have to do is go through you guys and we'll win it. So at this point the order doesn't really matter to me. I realise that for the rest of you it's not that simple and you're gonna have to look at me too but that's where I'm at at any rate.

That's not true. I am probably going to get smoked tonight since my being alive is detrimental to scum getting their bonuses from the CYOAs. That means that they could very well get an extra vig or something. The game is not all but wrapped up.

Also as a side note out of game commentary - congrats on the date. Was it fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kordansk posted:

That's not true. I am probably going to get smoked tonight since my being alive is detrimental to scum getting their bonuses from the CYOAs. That means that they could very well get an extra vig or something. The game is not all but wrapped up.

Also as a side note out of game commentary - congrats on the date. Was it fun?

I guess you have a point. Though I don't think one scum would be able to do two NKs at once :P *sigh* I'll reread BHB I suppose

Date was very fun but I texted her on Saturday and haven't heard back so I'm not seeing a follow up on the cards.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I forgot to mention the TM thing. Without getting too E/N in a mafia game, I've never had any romance in my life, only ever been on 5 dates and Friday was the best one of those so my head was off in the clouds and not thinking about this game at all. When I got to rereading D3 it was clear everyone had decided on either KB or Lumpen and I had 23 pages to get through. It took like 3 hours just looking at those two and I didn't have the time to do more. I know I've been in and out of this game, it's Easter weekend and I have an active social life and as much as I enjoy mafia, it's not my main priority.

You mean you didn't spend your date reading over this game and building cases together? What's the point of even dating if you're not going to do that? :confused:

:j::respek::j:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quid/KK, do either of you guys know what BHB's meta is like? I've only played with him a couple of times and it was when I was a fresh faced newbie so I don't have a sense of him as a player.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Quid/KK, do either of you guys know what BHB's meta is like? I've only played with him a couple of times and it was when I was a fresh faced newbie so I don't have a sense of him as a player.
I have seen him bus hard, if I think back right.
He is good, can win as Scum. Sneak and fake well. Not weak.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I have seen him bus hard, if I think back right.
He is good, can win as Scum. Sneak and fake well. Not weak.

Your name isn't Quid or KK!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Rude!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I remember him being solid but I don't remember what he did as scum. It's been a while.

I also am just trying to wrap my head around literally all 3 of the scum piling on to him on a day when JakeP & imgay were BOTH on the chopping block. It makes more sense for him to be town than scum at that point. They were hardcore trying to shift the focus on to Lumpen, which also wouldn't make sense for him to be scum.

Which leaves Rarity, or MT. And I think MT claiming survivor to out BK, along with the early breadcrumb, is way too ballsy a risk as scum.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Oh hey the forums are back. Dusting off the post I was working on before:

kordansk posted:

Just read pages 3 and 4 of Rarity. It's pretty bad. Most of the posts are checkin's and couple comments about me basically not having time to read the game thoroughly and YOLOing poorly. The read on TMM is like 100% opposite town, considering we had multiple people reading that vig as scummy if you take into account TMM's other posting.

I did a reread of Rarity on day 5 and although I had been suspicious of her posting before, I felt like her D3 sold me on her being more town than others in the thread. I'll reread her again now, but honestly what's recommending her most at this point is I'm starting to come around on Lumpen being genuine about wanting his own lynch, there being 3 other confirmed town, and Murmur Twin's survivor claim.

Quidnose posted:

I am going to be really mad if we gently caress this up because this is hands down my best game of mafia ever.

I'm glad I could be here to witness it :)

kordansk posted:

It's gonna be a quid/kord tagteam from our TMM cases nailing the GF.

Don't get cocky, kid.

preview edit:

Rarity posted:

My meta used to be lurking near the modkill threshold and making large megapost cases on people filled with quotes. This is my first game in almost 2 years though so I'm still getting my sea legs back.

Rarity posted:

:dealwithit:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok so here's the stuff I'm seeing for BHB.

- He spends jokephase mucking about with Jake and imgay. I don't know about BHB but Jake and imgay are definitely the kind of guys who'd have the balls to flaunt connections in jokephase.

- He doesn't post much in D1 until the vote leaders have already floated to the surface. At this point he denounces all of them as good choices but votes Jimson anyway while never calling him scum. I don't like that he never tries to float other options.

- On D2 he puts down his first proper read by calling imgay scum. He does follow up with reasons but cause he's not posted much content it's hard to say if that's an opinion that's naturally developed or not.

- Basically admits to voting to lynch someone he thought was town

- I do like his Lumpen List, he gives contexts to the positions which is vital for those.

- After he jumps on my switch to imgay he never moves back to Jake/Lumpen despite listing both of them as scum. Could be an attempt to split the imgay/Jake vote so that neither gets lynched?

- Then there's this weird post. Definitely BHB playing under the radar :v:

- On D5 he pushes for Lumpen over KB. This looks like it could be a grab for town cred by arguing against the lead lynch candidate.

- Defends TM's vig claim. I can't really call this scummy seeing as I believed it as well.

I don't think it's a total lock but I see enough there. Lumpen, you had better not be Scumpen :mad:

##vote BHB

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I remember him being solid but I don't remember what he did as scum. It's been a while.

I also am just trying to wrap my head around literally all 3 of the scum piling on to him on a day when JakeP & imgay were BOTH on the chopping block. It makes more sense for him to be town than scum at that point. They were hardcore trying to shift the focus on to Lumpen, which also wouldn't make sense for him to be scum.

Which leaves Rarity, or MT. And I think MT claiming survivor to out BK, along with the early breadcrumb, is way too ballsy a risk as scum.

Good, that's where I'm at too.

Lumpen, besides yourself, what order would you vote for Rarity, BHB, MT?
MT, same question.
BHB, same question.
Rarity, same question.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How do you balance all of that with the following posts regardnig BHB from known scumteam:

TMMadman posted:

Alright, time for a few morning thoughts.

I don't really know whats up with that whole KB/Quid fight. I feel like it's probably a D1 town slapfight that happened on D3 instead, but that's mostly gut talking after skimming it between Daredevil episodes last night. If I had to vote for one of them it would be KB because I have a much stronger town read on Quid. However, I don't think either of them should be the vote today.

I agree with TNL that MMT should probably be one of the lynches today because we can't trust her to vote with town at LYLO/MYLO. But it should probably be the second lynch because if we can get scum with the first lynch then MMT becomes less of an issue as long as she actually is a 3P survivor. I really do feel like I should have killed her with my vig just to have solved that issue, but I felt pretty good about Jimson being scum.

I'm not sure what to make of the kordansk claim. It feels a little convenient and I don't know why wasn't he more active in helping with the CYOA choices if that is his role.

Even with as little as I have been posting today, I don't really like the content of imgay or Lumpen. Neither of them seem willing to actually hunt scum and are mostly just posting nonsense. Although it's pretty hilarious nonsense in Lumpens case. I could see either of them being scum and hiding behind the non-content posts.

I do kind of like the JakeP case and I could move that way a bit later. However, I think I'm going to ##vote BHB for this post:

It's just wrong on so many levels. First of all, he starts by saying he didn't call Jimson scum, but still thought he was the best lynch candidate which is I feel is a scummy sidestep. Then he moves on to say that imgay is playing a scum game, but doesn't vote him and instead wishes I had killed him with my vig. It feels a bit weird to me because while it's certainly possible imgay is scum, he certainly wasn't scummier than Jimson by N2 so killing imgay would have just been a shot in the dark.

JakeP posted:

I'd vote BHB

imgay posted:

glad to see bhb come in with the same shill reasons that im not playing mafia instead of creating original thoughts. too bad its baseless if he actually read

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Why is it that when KB said "I'm town but vote me out" everyone's response was "seems scummy to me!" but when Lumpen does it everyone's response is "only town would say that"? I see Lumpen's self-vote as scum who recognizes how hard it's going to win this game and wants to get it over with.

Regarding where scum was going on D3, I would hardly say they were all going after Lumpen:

JakeP posted:

If its coming down to me and Lumpen I will ##vote lumpen for sure.

I haven't outright found him scummy, (or town for that matter) this game, and had mostly ruled him out because it doesn't fit well with who I think is scum, but I have no reason to think he is town

imgay posted:

no i have other reads, [quidnose] and jake are just the extensive reads i made. i get bad vibes from bhb and rarity too

TMMadman posted:

I feel a little better about BHB after those last few posts. I don't know if it's enough for me to trust him completely, but it's enough for me to ##vote Lumpen instead.

The fact that Lumpen responded to the BHB list post with another nonsense graphic is enough for me. I think he's scum hiding behind the nonsense and hoping everyone just handwaves it away as a gimmick.

Like all of them mentioned that Lumpen might be scum there but none of them made a concerted effort to get him voted out - to my recollection that was mostly me and KB. Don't you guys think that if Lumpen was town, the scumteam would have tried harder?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And this:

JakeP posted:

Scu team is Quid TNL BHB and one of Rarity Kordansk KK Lumpen or Imgay, currently in no partcular order

Hard Scumcall: Town, town, ??

Soft scumcall: ??, Town, Town, ??, Scum

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Okay, Rarity wants BHB
BHB wants rarity because he buys lumpen is being genuine on self lynching.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Why is it that when KB said "I'm town but vote me out" everyone's response was "seems scummy to me!" but when Lumpen does it everyone's response is "only town would say that"? I see Lumpen's self-vote as scum who recognizes how hard it's going to win this game and wants to get it over with.

Regarding where scum was going on D3, I would hardly say they were all going after Lumpen:

Like all of them mentioned that Lumpen might be scum there but none of them made a concerted effort to get him voted out - to my recollection that was mostly me and KB. Don't you guys think that if Lumpen was town, the scumteam would have tried harder?

Again, I FULLY believe imgay was the sacrifice that day - look at the way he cases me and JakeP incredibly poorly. The tactic was to get imgay tossed off so that JakeP would get another day.

When that didn't start working, they COULD have shifted to Lumpen, but why have him come in and -1 Jake just to get momentum off...both scum? That's far too obvious a play.

I just don't see Lumpen's play and the split at EOD3 as indicative of scum pushing from one scum to another. I think Lumpen made a dumb move because he did not care (town, weird post restriction, wasn't really playing at that point) and scum capitalized on it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

kordansk posted:

MT, same question.
BHB, same question.
Rarity, same question.

From scummiest to least: Lumpen, Rarity, BHB (and I feel strongly about that order)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Although to be fair I'm currently reading Rarity's case which at least looks like there's a lot to go on.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

How do you balance all of that with the following posts regardnig BHB from known scumteam:

...Godammit.

Gimme a minute to read the context.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man I posted all of that already in my TMM mega case, how did you miss those points if you read all of it before :smugdog:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

kordansk posted:

MT, same question.
BHB, same question.
Rarity, same question.
With no Cop left I think I must die today. I do not want to cost Town the game in LYLO and don't think I can PROVE I'm Town past doubt, with my past posts and votes, which were bad, my fault.

I have hard time to pick Rarity or BHB for Scum. Real real close call.

If MMT told truth, then MMT must go before LYLO too. So that's my first pick if not me, then see who dies at night.

I still need toread Rarity one more time, will do right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, I took a quick look at page 35. TM comes in with a case on BHB which I think he knows isn't really going to gain traction but allows him to step back from everything else (and TM is well known for bussing his scum buddies). Jake jumps on it but at that point he's in "anyone but me" mode and was throwing shade at practically everybody. As for imgay, he's not really calling BHB scum there, he's just defending himself.

Quidnose posted:

Man I posted all of that already in my TMM mega case, how did you miss those points if you read all of it before :smugdog:

I've had a lot of alcohol this weekend and the megaposts just blur together :guinness:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kordansk posted:

MT, same question.
BHB, same question.
Rarity, same question.

BHB, MT, Lumpen I guess. We can't have MT sticking around till LYLO.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

Ok, I took a quick look at page 35. TM comes in with a case on BHB which I think he knows isn't really going to gain traction but allows him to step back from everything else (and TM is well known for bussing his scum buddies). Jake jumps on it but at that point he's in "anyone but me" mode and was throwing shade at practically everybody. As for imgay, he's not really calling BHB scum there, he's just defending himself.

I've had a lot of alcohol this weekend and the megaposts just blur together :guinness:

But why would the scumteam attack literally all of their members on D3. It doesn't make sense to me. Why not throw a case onto LITERALLY anyone else. Kordansk would have been a solid target, had a lot of suspicion on him from several members, but they don't go there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

If MMT told truth, then MMT must go before LYLO too. So that's my first pick if not me, then see who dies at night.

Your first pick is me instead of one of the two people you think is scum? And your reason for this is that you're trying to prepare for LYLO in a game that, in all likelihood, contains 5 town (with doctor and oracle), 1 survivor, 1 scum?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I'm rereading Rarity and one thing I completely forgot (and others may have too) is that Jimson tracked her N1 and she didn't go anywhere, so if she's scum, either she's a ninja or didn't do the NK. I'm guessing they'd have hung on to the juggernaut kill and the roleblocker would have roleblocked, so the question is would you have the godfather do the N1 kill or a vanilla goon?

I'll let you know my order when I'm done with the reread, but if you asked me before today started I'd have said Lumpen most scummy, MMT next, and Rarity most town. Now I've started to come around on Lumpen and I don't know what to think.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

From my point of view, Scum saw I was on wrong track, would look like poo poo late game, good to bring along. Could lynch any time or beat in LYLO no prob. I was just trash Quid and kord til late d3 when I woke up and saw Quid and kord were Town and I vote Jake. Til then I was as good as Scum friend, patsy fool.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quid/KK/kordansk: I think you guys are going to have to work this one out between you. Me, BHB and Lumpen can throw cases around till we're blue in the face but the validity will always be in question. I'll be around to engage with you as much as I'm able.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

But why would the scumteam attack literally all of their members on D3. It doesn't make sense to me. Why not throw a case onto LITERALLY anyone else. Kordansk would have been a solid target, had a lot of suspicion on him from several members, but they don't go there.

The scumteam wasn't really attacking anyone on D3, they were lightly posting enough to be seen without really doing anything to shift the narrative. Most other town players had (imgay, Jake, Lumpen) for scum suspects on D3 and so I think the scumteam switched to full-on bus mode, tried to weather the storm, and hope that someone built up enough cred to survive to endgame.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Barehanded Brother posted:

I'm rereading Rarity and one thing I completely forgot (and others may have too) is that Jimson tracked her N1 and she didn't go anywhere, so if she's scum, either she's a ninja or didn't do the NK. I'm guessing they'd have hung on to the juggernaut kill and the roleblocker would have roleblocked, so the question is would you have the godfather do the N1 kill or a vanilla goon?
No good for Scum to bring this up. Looks good for BHB. If scum, real good head game. Looks more Town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Because Jake thought he had enough in him to escape the lynch? Because you've got a whole lot of players there who love bussing? Because they figured once it got to this point town would start asking that question? I don't know, I can think of a few reasons but in the end it's all just trying to WIFOM the scum team.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

With no Cop left I think I must die today. I do not want to cost Town the game in LYLO and don't think I can PROVE I'm Town past doubt, with my past posts and votes, which were bad, my fault.

I still need toread Rarity one more time, will do right now.

This post isn't something town would write. The gist of Lumpen's post is

(a) He (as town) needs to die today because he can't prove he's town and so this would help. Presumably this is something town would not think if they were close to LYLO.
(b) I (as Survivor) am the best lynch candidate because I am a threat at LYLO. Presumably this is something that town would only think if they were close to LYLO.
(c) The actual scum though is one of Rarity or BHB (the only other eligible players left) but :shrug:

I mean, right? Am I being crazy here?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Other chance is MMT told lie, is not 3p, just claim to get cred for BK lynch and in case of Cop catch.

BHB and Rarity both look more Town right now than MMT. So if 3p or Scum, my first pick if not me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Other chance is MMT told lie, is not 3p, just claim to get cred for BK lynch and in case of Cop catch.

BHB and Rarity both look more Town right now than MMT. So if 3p or Scum, my first pick if not me.

You're more than welcome to go over my body of cases and explain why your rationale for voting for me first just switched from "threat at LYLO" to "might be lying about her role".

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

You're more than welcome to go over my body of cases and explain why your rationale for voting for me first just switched from "threat at LYLO" to "might be lying about her role".
My first post of day, said same thing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

MMT look BAD for 3p claim now, counter claim SK good for Scum, and be safe from Cop, like Miller claim, have to lynch by LYLO.

BHB less bad than MMT.

##vote Murmur Twin
Same thing. 3p good fake claim for Scum at time.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I'm getting real in the weeds with this reread but still feel like it's Lumpen. Murmur Twin was the first person I can tell who cast suspicion on Jake on D3 with this post:

Murmur Twin posted:

You have to at least provide them if you want a claim on the title!

Also it dawned on me that usually by day 3, when Jake is town I have a strong town read on him because he sounds hungry to sniff out who the scum is. His voice this game feels more detached (mafia theory, club men stuff, lower-effort cases, setup spec) and I'd be willing to bet he's scum.

and then doubled down with her next post:

Murmur Twin posted:

I guess my point is that (from my POV) usually when you're trying hard it's because you presumably enjoy the challenge of hunting scum, not because you "have to".

Like here I feel like town Jake would have cased BHB - this is just sort of calling out suspicious behavior and then doing nothing with it. It's not a rock-solid case by any means but to me it feels off from what I would normally expect.

Her interactions with TMMadman around that time, too, don't strike me as people who have had out-of-thread conversations, and the same is true to a lesser extent of Rarity:

Rarity posted:

TM, who would you have killed if you'd been going by your own personal suspicions?

To which, incidentally, he replies that if Jimson had fullclaimed, he'd have killed Murmur Twin to get rid of the 3rd party claim.

I'm also noticing that Rarity does post a lot about game mechanics (LYLO scenarios, balancing issues, what time zone people are in). Usually it's when she's quasi-condescending to kordansk (at least D3). It can be a way to look helpful as town without actually having to make alignment calls. There are a couple of "look at me, I'm so town" moments that, funny enough, early in the game she references getting caught in Civ 2 by doing it.

But then this happens when Quid calls out Jake:

Rarity posted:

This is a good spot. He sets up the push and then jumps on it so no one thinks it was his idea.

And then at imgay's overreaction:

Rarity posted:

:stare: What even is this?

This looks like a really fake attempt at town frustration.

Rarity posted:

I reached the bit where imgay just posts a whole bunch of Quid's posts and that is goddam terrible.

Those are pretty early in the day for Scum Rarity to pile on to both of her buddies.

Rarity posted:

I feel more confident about imgay than Lumpen. That reminds me! I promised the first ever

:siren: ~*RARITY RANKING*~ :siren:

#12: Rarity - Ain't she a cutie pie
#11: TM - I can't argue with that vig claim
#10: TNL - Excuse me KB, I'mma let you finish but TNL is my towniest read of all time, baby! OF ALL TIME!
#9: Quidnose - Solid logic, solid consistency
#8: kordansk - Considering he's in Australia and been inattentive I'm not worried about the time issue with his PMs
#7: BHB - I should probably reread this dude tomorrow, he's left zero impression on me
#6: KK - there are things I like, things I dislike, he's kind of like Hilary Clinton that way
#5: KB - falling away but not gone from my mind
#4: Lumpen: e = mc^scum
#3: Jake - Only started giving a poo poo when put under pressure
#A: MT - I'm a survivor! I'm not gonna give up! I'm not gonna stop! I'm gonna work harder!
#1: imgay - No content, no class, no town alignment

The Rarity Ranking would put 2 of her scumbuddies down at the bottom, and then her and another scumbuddy at the top. That does look bad except that's pretty much in line with my calls at the time. If she's scum, then either she's consciously mirroring my opinions or has a very good grasp of how a town mind would work.

I'll poast moar soon but don't want these to get too long and unreadable.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

When no Doc, but AnonNarc was Doc. With Town Vig and SK, need way for Scum to have chance, my guess. Could go any way, yeah but that is my thought.

Jake play well, seem Town, but kordansk have claim, Quid claim seem Town, I thought him fake but no, true dumb, that Quid meta. He mean dumb thing for real in past when we fight.

Lumpen posted:

It's TNL, BHB, and poss KB, poss Jake, poss Rarity.
Prob not Quid, prob not kordansk, not KK, not TMM, not MMT.

Lumpen posted:

I should be the next lynch, prob not wise to have me at LYLO. Am just Adventurer, and was wrong back in days ago, post weird, vote wrong, am sad. No clue who is Scum now, blind luck.

Not TNL, not kordansk. Rarity seems true? Quid claims Doc but may be lie? BHB still seems Scum. MMT not 3p? KK God Dad? TMM bad vig, not post like he tends to? No clue.

I'm honestly kind of shocked that this isn't a slam-dunk but I'm at the point where I'm not going to change my mind so ##vote Lumpen

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Rarity posted:

drat guys, give a girl a chance to post before turboing :(

But you lynched imgay, top work peeps :toot:

Rarity posted:

2 for 2, baby! :feelsgood:

LAMIST :haw:

I can't analyze her KB vs. Lumpen pro/con lists. Honestly, this entire game, anytime KB posted, or was talked about at all, my eyes glazed over and I just lost the ability to think or focus. I have no idea why, but he got so involved with back-and-forth slapfights that rereading them I felt like I had somehow wandered into the wrong game.

So I'm not really in a position right now to make a call on whether her read on KB was genuine or not, but it's at least understandable since he was pushed hard by the two towniest posters in the game (Quid and TNL)

Rarity posted:

I guess you have a point. Though I don't think one scum would be able to do two NKs at once :P *sigh* I'll reread BHB I suppose

Her posting today has felt somewhat off, tonally, and this may exemplify it the most. It's a mixture of freedom and resignation, like her scumbuddy just got killed and now nothing matters.

Her case on me felt a little bit like after the Lumpen turbo didn't go through, she picked the next best choice and cobbled together the scummiest possible reading of some of my posts, ignoring context around the D1 and D3 lynches.

Quid has made her reconsider her case on me, which it sounds like she doesn't want to do, but it's worth noting her vote is still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

To answer kordansk's question, my list right now would be from scummiest to least:

- Lumpen
- Rarity
- Murmur Twin

The biggest thing that informs that to me is the way I've perceived their interactions with flipped scum. Remember the reason that people started switching to Lumpen on D3 was because of his out-of-the-blue Jake vote, when his lynch started looking more and more like a sure thing. Rarity got on Jake much earlier, and even though she voted imgay as scummier, it's (again) what I did. Rarity and I have read the same thing the same way about flipped scum too many times (viz: Jake, imgay, TMM) for me to put her has scummier than Lumpen, whom I've suspected for longer and just makes more sense with the overall game. In light of all the evidence, I'm chalking up his "lynch me now" as a last-ditch effort for town cred.

Won't drop a vote until more of the confirmed town folks post; I feel like we haven't heard much from KK and I'm sure he'd love to chime in.

• Locked thread