Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The gunfight scene was amazing and I couldn't stop laughing throughout it.

Rule Hyperion. We set out with a goal, and remember what happened the last time we didn't trust Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Stay Silent let the chips fall where they may:colbert:

This. We all know how this is going to end; don't give Jack the satisfaction of an answer.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Stay Silent let the chips fall where they may:colbert:

I agree, Let Vaugh beat up Jack.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
We must rule!

How else will we learn the true mystery of Butt Stallion?!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
During the whole game Jack was nothing but helpful. Trust him for once.

LocalJho
May 4, 2015
Don't do it.

There's nothing here to suggest Jack's being straight up with us. Our original goal might have been to climb to the top at Hyperion, but there's nothing in Jack's possession or office that will give us the power to do that. All it takes is one conniving underling getting at the office we've lost it all. Plus, the only way Fiona and Sasha will accept our benevolent dictatorship is if we approach it after we've followed through on our promises. Gotta build trust to cash in on it.

Is this an imprint of Jack from before Angel died? He said he wants to check up on her, and somehow I don't think he's the type to visit graves, given the memorial hat in his case. He went even crazier after she died, and I'd rather not find out that outcome is reproducible while giving him more power over Rhys' body.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Air is lava! posted:

During the whole game Jack was nothing but helpful. Trust him for once.

Except for when he literally tried to strangle Rhys more-or-less as soon as he manifested, stopped only by his non-corporeal form?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He had just woken up and was confused.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
What is with Jack's obsession with strangulation anyway? Dude is extremely focused on one method of murder.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

1stGear posted:

What is with Jack's obsession with strangulation anyway? Dude is extremely focused on one method of murder.

Its probably a sex thing. :froggonk:

Especially since he really like Nisha.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

1stGear posted:

It has many benefits for a busy psychopath on the go.

1. No need for outside tools, so it can be done on the spot in any non-combat situation.
2. The tactile satisfaction of doing it with his bare hands.
3. It's not instant, so he can savour it.
4. The whole "eyes-buggy-out" thing he seemed to be fond of in the video.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I say we refuse the offer. Listening to an evil dude is a bad idea.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Rule. This. Mother. Seriously. Fix Hyperion, space the assholes, and be the next living avatar of Handsome Jack. DO IT.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Lazy Bear posted:

Rule. This. Mother. Seriously. Fix Hyperion, space the assholes, and be the next living avatar of Handsome Jack. DO IT.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
First instinct is to rule Hyperion, and I'd take it if I thought we were gonna get it, but there's a catch. Listen to what Jack's telling us:

"Override port." "Jack in."

He wants Rhys to connect his head to Hyperion. Jack doesn't want to give us control. He wants to escape into the satellite's computers, and leave us holding the bag.

(Also, the whole "Nakayama created me to find a successor" story just doesn't add up. Jack didn't even know he WAS an AI for a while. I find it suspect that he suddenly knows his purpose.)

Refuse. Jack is only helping us because we've got him prisoner in our skull. No sense throwing away our only leverage.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Really now, the only way you could successfully rule a place like hyperion is with an iron fist and oh wait... we already have one. :kheldragar:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
As a staunch supporter of very bad decisions, I must vote for ruling.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Gutter Owl posted:

First instinct is to rule Hyperion, and I'd take it if I thought we were gonna get it, but there's a catch. Listen to what Jack's telling us:

He wants Rhys to connect his head to Hyperion. Jack doesn't want to give us control. He wants to escape into the satellite's computers, and leave us holding the bag.

(Also, the whole "Nakayama created me to find a successor" story just doesn't add up. Jack didn't even know he WAS an AI for a while. I find it suspect that he suddenly knows his purpose.)

Refuse. Jack is only helping us because we've got him prisoner in our skull. No sense throwing away our only leverage.

Well now I'm convinced. Refuse, never trust Jack.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

This was my assumption as well, but I really want to see what happens if he tries to take over .

Demonbait
Apr 14, 2014
Rule Hyperion, we have to give Fiona an actual reason to be a jerk to us sooner or later, why not do it in the most potentially spectacular way possible.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Lazy Bear posted:

Fix Hyperion, space the assholes
Wait, will there be anyone left?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Fire Storm posted:

Wait, will there be anyone left?
Gortys and Loaderbot, happily ever after.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Refuse.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Calling an end to the votes. Let's take a look at the results!

Rule Hyperion - 38
Reject Hyperion - 28

:stare:

This honestly isn't what I expected? When coming up with pros and cons for each outcome I made it an explicit point not to mention "can we trust Jack?" because I was afraid how lopsided it would become of people fearing the worst. I still figured rejection would have won either way.

You guys are full of surprises.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I think at least half of the people voting to rule were doing so because they know it's going to go wrong and want to see just how bad it's going to be..

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaubocks posted:

Calling an end to the votes. Let's take a look at the results!

Rule Hyperion - 38
Reject Hyperion - 28

:stare:

This honestly isn't what I expected? When coming up with pros and cons for each outcome I made it an explicit point not to mention "can we trust Jack?" because I was afraid how lopsided it would become of people fearing the worst. I still figured rejection would have won either way.

You guys are full of surprises.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised as well. I've been voting to trust Jack since it's the opposite of what I did in my playthrough, but the votes for ruling caught me off guard considering the level of mistrust the thread has shown towards Jack before.

We'll see how it goes. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Power is just too strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm glad the thread has finally come to its senses.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Psh, of course we should trust Jack! Would Handsome Jack of all people steer us astray?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Plus we can't forget the intro song for this episode

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Sam Faust posted:

I'm glad the thread has finally come to its senses.

As am I. This decision is long overdue and nothing bad can possibly come of it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

You guys are going to make Rhys disappoint his friends. I hope you can live with that.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

In all fairness, it is a really nice chair.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Inferior posted:

In all fairness, it is a really nice chair.

poo poo! Is it too late to change my vote to just steal the chair?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dolash posted:

You guys are going to make Rhys disappoint his friends. I hope you can live with that.

There's gotta be a reason Fiona and Rhys hate each other by the time The Stranger abducts them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it's not like they're on the best of terms for 90% of their adventure

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

As an aside, I honestly can't wait for the inevitable Stranger reveal. Whoever they are, I'm sure it'll be super dramatic.

I'm guessing it's Vaughn. Please don't tell me if I'm right.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm telling ya, it's Greaseface for some reason.

Or maybe Gortys

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dolash posted:

He already did when he told them about how he'd been keeping the fact that an AI version of Handsome Jack was in his head from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

HenryEx posted:

Or maybe Gortys

Not enough BIG MEATY HAM HOCKS

• Locked thread