Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
I bet you there is unironically a market for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

-Inu- posted:

Great conversation starter at the local Starbucks.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

-Inu- posted:

They sell prepackaged scratched up knee pucks at the one of the shops here in Dallas, and ask you if you want to swap out your shiny ones for worn down ones when you buy your leathers, guess it's a good deal for the track guys at the shop at least.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm interested in the reboot of the Icon Elsinore boots, the HPs. Have the qc issues been solved since the old model came out?

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 8, 2016

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm interested in the reboot of the Icon Elsinore boots, the HPs. Have the qc issues been solved since the old model came out?
What were the QC issues before? I haven't dealt with the Elsinore boots personally but I can find out if they've changed.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

-Inu- posted:

What were the QC issues before? I haven't dealt with the Elsinore boots personally but I can find out if they've changed.

From what I gathered, from reviews here and elsewhere, the buckles were poor quality (pot metal?) and failed, and zippers were failing as well. There may have been stitching failures, but I only remember the metal bits being discussed. That was right after they were released, and I quit pursuing them.

I'm due for a new pair of boots and still think they look neat.

edit: Do you work for Icon?

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 8, 2016

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

From what I gathered, from reviews here and elsewhere, the buckles were poor quality (pot metal?) and failed, and zippers were failing as well. There may have been stitching failures, but I only remember the metal bits being discussed. That was right after they were released, and I quit pursuing them.

I'm due for a new pair of boots and still think they look neat.

edit: Do you work for Icon?
I know a couple who work for Icon, but no, I work at RevZilla. I'll see what others have heard and when I have some spare time I can get my hands on a pair and check them out, take pics etc.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Are you the guy who says "welcometorevzillawhereyoucanwatchdecideandride" ?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

PaintVagrant posted:

Are you the guy who says "welcometorevzillawhereyoucanwatchdecideandride" ?

I was blown away to learn that's actually one of the guys who founded the company

Try watching one of those videos on half speed, dude sounds like he's falling down drunk, it's incredible

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Anthony is a co-owner/founder. Inu just works there.

e/ this is what I get for not refreshing the thread.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I can't watch rev'zilla videos with Anthony without setting it to half speed for the intro anymore and it cracks me up every time.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Lexorin posted:

I can't watch rev'zilla videos with Anthony without setting it to half speed for the intro anymore and it cracks me up every time.

Just tried this for the first time, instant hit.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Oh man that's so good haha.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

heeeythisssanthoneewireevzlateeveee

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
About to order these things http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-sand-2-pants.

Dutymode fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 8, 2016

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

https://soundcloud.com/originunknowns/revzilla

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:psyduck: :catdrugs:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

:vince:

E: Holy poo poo the daft punk :haw:

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

I lost my poo poo at 'Juggernaut'. This is incredible.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

:goatdrugs: :perfect: :goatdrugs:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Astounding.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sweet jesus.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Oh man, you guys. Based on the positive reception here I posted it on reddit and RevZilla caught wind of it. Since I never shared it internally, no one knows I'm the one who made it and it's blowing the gently caress up.

Somethingawful has unintentionally trolled the entirety of RevZilla. Good work team.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That is excellent.

Although, Anthony has to be aware that his intro is a meme of sorts.

I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysshkbuKt58
Tell me that's not self-aware.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Decided to go full BMW ADV owner and now im a bumble beeee

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Is that a tactical guthook on your dresser?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Is that a tactical guthook on your dresser?

No its a pocket knife

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ElMaligno posted:

Decided to go full BMW ADV owner and now im a bumble beeee

It flatters your hips nicely, sir. :gay:

Which jacket is it and how do you like it?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Chichevache posted:

It flatters your hips nicely, sir. :gay:

Which jacket is it and how do you like it?

AGV Sport Telluride Waterproof Jacket, also that strap is like above my hips lol. I havent been able to use them yet so gimme a couple of days on that.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

AGV Sport Telluride Water proof jacket - An all weather and/or 4 season jacket this one comes with two layers. The main waterproof layer and sleeved quilted thermal layer. The quilted liner connects via zipper and clasps.The jacket came with a flimsy, lovely back protector that I swapped out with the back protector from my AGV leather jacket. The fit is good, snug with the thermal layer and nice without. It has two large shoulder scoops/vents and two large exhausts vents in the back. The only problems I got so far is that the vents would be useless if you are wearing a backpack and the pockets are kinda awkward to use since they are made to be kinda waterproof. Fashion wise I look like a monocrome, hi-vis bee now. 10/10

AGV Sport Telluride H20 Vented pants - The pants version of the above except black and with 3 layers. The main waterresistant layer, the waterproof layer and a quilted thermal liner. The layers connect in tandem, ie the thermal connects to the waterproof layer and that connects to the pants, so you can have the water proof layer on its own, but not the thermal layer. The waterproof layer has a layer of mesh on the inside which is nice. The vents do their jobs and it feels it would make a good pair of all year round.

Imma try them out in the rain tomorrow wo we'll see...

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

ElMaligno posted:

the vents would be useless if you are wearing a backpack

1. Not a problem if you're a grown-rear end adult.
2. Why would anybody wear a backpack on a BMW GS?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Inu, make revzilla stop sending me sticker sheets, I have like 38 :derp:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

clutchpuck posted:

1. Not a problem if you're a grown-rear end adult.
2. Why would anybody wear a backpack on a BMW GS?

cuz I didnt have luggage, i now have a bigass topcase and its great.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Sweet baby Odin, that's hilarious.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ElMaligno posted:

cuz I didnt have luggage, i now have a bigass topcase and its great.

Want to bitch about my Shad one a bit, the capacity is larger than my last givi/honda one, but it's just slightly too shallow to comfortably accommodate my helmet. It fits, but only if placed just so in one precise location; I can't just toss it in and shut the lid.

There's a helmet lock loop on the bike, but this is worthless because it's right on top of one of the exhaust cans. :supaburn:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

M42 posted:

Send 'em to me, I could completely cover the smashed fairings from my SV in the stickers and take a picture to submit to them. Though, that would mean I'd have to dig the fairings out of the recycling bin before friday.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

M42 posted:

That just means you don't have enough RevZilla stickers on your stuff yet. When you reach the appropriate density, they'll mysteriously stop.

(Where does everyone put the manufacturer stickers? I stick them all on my toolboxes)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I had a ZLA sticker on my previous trunk and an A-Stars sticker in my car's rear window. Toolboxes are very appropriate, and I will be sticking things on mine whenever I get one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Most are on the garage trash can. Sponsored as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

On the shelf under the three novels I've yet to read, gathering dust, where they've been for eight months.