Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm going to be watching
Bakemonogatari
Patlabor
Both!
Neither
View Results

• Locked thread
Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Jostiband posted:

I am currently feeling a lot of feelings and I think I need some time to sort them out

I think that's a normal reaction to almost every -monogatari arc ending.

I still don't quite get why Kanbaru gets to keep her sweet devil arm when it knows it can't fulfill her wish now, but hey, lemons > lemonade and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Command Ant posted:

Ararararagi sure has a way with kids.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
will there be a poll on the best OP after bake finishes?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Space Flower posted:

will there be a poll on the best OP after bake finishes?

I mean, I could do, but I'd have to include the patlabor op also

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
The best one is in nise anyway

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Namtab posted:

I mean, I could do, but I'd have to include the patlabor op also

Throw the Tank Police dub theme in there, too, just to throw everyone off.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nah

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

-mtab.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://a.pomf.cat/ctrzgm.webm

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://a.pomf.cat/hokozv.webm

it's subtle :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://a.pomf.cat/zzukad.webm

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://a.pomf.cat/efgljp.webm

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

KANBARU SNAKE TIME HELL YEAH!!!!

HACHIKUJI.

KANBARU.

SPATS.

I wonder what the OP implies. Hard to tell with all those flowers in the background.

Perhaps it’s because of the contrast with Araragi’s relationship with Hachikuji, but there’s a very striking difference between Kanbaru and all the other characters that have interacted with Araragi before in that she deliberately places him on a pedestal and makes it clear that she considers him to be above him. Like, Hachikuji will speak to Araragi in the same tone that you use towards older people, but the things she actually says and her actions make it clear that the two of them are actually equals. Senjougahara’s also got this back and forth thing with Araragi. But Kanbaru is the first to actually shy from doing so.

It’s telling that Kanbaru’s first though when hearing about Araragi being tutored by someone smart is to immediately think of Senjougahara when Hanekawa is also in Araragi’s class, and the reader / viewer is more liable to think of the smart glasses class president than Gahara-san.

I love you Hachikuji.

I guess Araragi noticed it too.

Jealous Gahara-san.

Senjougahara. A fiery yet cold woman. A true tsundere.

WORD PLAY. HELL TO THE gently caress YEAH.

Awwwwwwwww poo poo. THE BEATDOWN BEGINS.

BRUTAL.

quote:

Awwwwww yeah it’s time for episode 2 of SURUGA VAMPIRE.

Not the bike!

WOAH I CANNOT HANDLE THIS LEVEL OF FANSERVICE.

This episode and arc has some of the best visuals in Bake.

A ha ha ha that callback about hips. Gahara-san and Kanbaru are pretty alike.

The books are all disorganized again.

If Senjougahara sealed away her past and emotions, Kanbaru clung to it.

Boxers. Boxers all the way.

It’s like that the picture that looks like a vase or two people looking at each other. Or the one that might be an old lady or a young woman.

You’d think there would only be the one devil with a raincoat.

quote:

Time for Monkey Magic Episode 3!!!!!

Running from guilt or out of guilt?

Yes clearly that is a very good lesson. Only 4 kids had to die for it.

ON ONE SIDE, THE RAINY DEVIL. ON THE OTHER HAND, A FORMER FAMPIRE. TRULY THE CLASH OF THE CENTURY. WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO EQUAL FIGHTERS WILL WIN?

Welp. Araragi’s hosed.

The subconscious is a funny thing.

You should be Araragi.

Araragi’s logic is hella flawed here. He’s trying to take all the blame away from Kanbaru, but subconsciously she did wish for it. It’s also not a Monkey’s Paw. He knows drat well that it’s not. I can understand that he’s trying to comfort her, but all he’s doing is taking away any agency from her and denying her the ability to take responsibility for her actions. He’s kind, but his kindness extends into unreasonability.

Back to the Araragi Show featuring the most visceral and brutal and colorful beating ever and HOLY loving SNAPJACKS SHE KICKED A HOLE IN HIM. AND THEN SWUNG HIM AROUDN BY THE INTESTINES.

The hero is here to save the day.

After everything at the end of the previous arc he lied to her. Jerk.

You’re the biggest dummy Araragi.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Whoops behind everyone again, good eps tho.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Now I'm finally caught up with the thread. That arc was really cool. I like that Araragi and Senjougahara's relationship is so open and (mostly) drama-free. :3: Also Oshino is most powerful

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
She threatened to kill him before anyone else could and shoved a sharp object in front of his eye. I dunno about drama free.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Yes, it was v. romantic!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Well if that's all it takes to get a guy....

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Well you know how kids are these days

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kylra posted:

Well if that's all it takes to get a guy....

You also have to be a Senjougahara.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Koyomi vs. Mayoi banter is probably by fave part of any episode it happens in tbh. 噛みました。

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Oh neat the kanji 噛 means 'bite'. drat, people weren't kidding about the puns...

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Oh neat the kanji 噛 means 'bite'. drat, people weren't kidding about the puns...

A good arc.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You know what really sounds great with 80s anime like Patlabor?

A kickass Rush album.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kylra posted:

I hope she finds a nice girl to be with.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have never watched the ed until now. Ive been blaspheming all this time. :gonk:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Grouchio posted:

I have never watched the ed until now. Ive been blaspheming all this time. :gonk:

hosed up

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Grouchio posted:

listen to the whole album, in fact ( the missing #2 is the bake ed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73bnKw3l53g

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i tried watching bakemonogatari again. i got to like episode 5, and then vampire guy started commenting about grabbing the gradeschoolers' chest and then started feeling her up in public and i noped out. how is this supposed to be any good?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean idg how you'd somehow make it through two hours of the show and a) not see what it has going for it (nisio's witty dialogue, otherwordly and varied visual style, shinbo directing, great OST) and b) be completely turned off by a single tasteless line

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

this show is set in japan and ex-vampires grope ghost girls all the time. it's perfectly normal there.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Condiv posted:

i tried watching bakemonogatari again. i got to like episode 5, and then vampire guy started commenting about grabbing the gradeschoolers' chest and then started feeling her up in public and i noped out. how is this supposed to be any good?

it is good, so

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

dogsicle posted:

i mean idg how you'd somehow make it through two hours of the show and a) not see what it has going for it (nisio's witty dialogue, otherwordly and varied visual style, shinbo directing, great OST) and b) be completely turned off by a single tasteless line

well, it was that and the groping the girl to punish her . it's just really creepy and bad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

:justpost:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

dogsicle posted:

Some people prefer to eat something where the good parts aren't as good rather than eat something that's part rotten but the good parts taste better.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Analogies itt

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the goon food analogy meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted: