Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Lion is already sick of everyone's poo poo.

I like this show so far.

Definitely some LOST parallels. Isolated area that apparently can't be returned from, characters that can't communicate properly, extensive flashbacks as character development... figure the bear for the smoke monster, maybe Varakuna for Sawyer. All right, it isn't perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lion is as fed up with the rest of the cast and the situation as we are and is therefore the best Mitsumune replacement for when he goes and gets himself killed getting aroused by the werebear instead of running away or something. Failing that, Jack escaping (assuming we don't return to the jail cell and find him dead in there or something) and starting to kill everyone as the new protagonist would be acceptable too.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I seriously suggest reading Tono Monogatari (Legends of Tono) before hand.

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012
Looks like some bus members have been eating too much of Maimai's "vitamins" and "candy."

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

mitsumune is just the worst

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I'm so disappointed that Speedstar was finally confirmed to really exist.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yeah, it sucks. Also Jack still my favorite character, literally just shows up doing a sick pose and then a character dies, my buddy.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I'm getting the feeling that they're all seeing and hearing what they most fear, thus why they can't agree on what horrible sound they heard, with some thinking it sounded like a siren or something breaking. The town is reflecting their hosed-up psyches back at them and it's all going to end horribly. No survivors.

Pretty sure Jack is dead, the chuuni bit the fuckin' dust and Jack didn't even have to touch the guy to do it! I hope Mitsumune is next, he is just asking to be cut down.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...excuse me

"a giant mitsumune"?

i'm going to need that one clarified show

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Gyra_Solune posted:

...excuse me

"a giant mitsumune"?

i'm going to need that one clarified show

If this is the case:

Neeksy posted:

I'm getting the feeling that they're all seeing and hearing what they most fear

The one who said "a giant Mitsumune" is the one who's got some sort of love/hate thing going on for Mitsumune, ergo...

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Something I noticed in regards to a couple images that were being used to promote this show:

Could mean something, or nothing, but I thought it was interesting.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I'm sure it's supposed to mean something.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I don't really understand this show but I'm going to keep watching it in the hopes that by the end it will make sense.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's basically some sort of japanese Silent Hill in which people hallucinate stuff from their subconscious/traumatic memories (Bus Driver's daughter, murderous jack for Hyouketsu no Assness and so on...). What isn't real clear yet is if it's possible for people to hallucinate stuff from other people's psyches (they all saw the "giant mitsumune", but the beast in the wood sounded different depending on who heard it).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

It's basically some sort of japanese Silent Hill in which people hallucinate stuff from their subconscious/traumatic memories (Bus Driver's daughter, murderous jack for Hyouketsu no Assness and so on...). What isn't real clear yet is if it's possible for people to hallucinate stuff from other people's psyches (they all saw the "giant mitsumune", but the beast in the wood sounded different depending on who heard it).

I'm betting the thing in the tunnel looked different to all of them, and Maimai was unlucky enough to blurt out the most embarrassing option first.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm thinking they all died when the bus crashed, and this is some weird Purgatory where their fears are made real.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

I'm thinking they all died when the bus crashed, and this is some weird Purgatory where their fears are made real.

:lost: ?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

It's feeling more and more :lost: with each new episode, so far.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just started watching the latest episode so I can't comment on all the chat above, but clearly the most important thing from this episode is that we got confirmation that catgirl's guns are fake. Or at least some of them are; maybe she has a real handgun in there or something.

Also Lovepon is just getting more and more ridiculous every episode, jeez.

Edit: Is it bad that I keep forgetting Masaki's name and mentally referring to her as "Pukey" until I get reminded of it somehow?

Edit again: Yeah, I think people are hearing/seeing things based on their fears and whatnot. Or at least for the hearing part; someone other than Judgness saw Jack there before the chuuni went over the cliff and all, so whether or not the others saw the "giant Mitsumune" remains to be seen I guess. Unless that was the real Jack, but I'm betting he got taken or something rather than that actually being him. We also got Valkana and Koharun not seeing the bus driver's daughter, after all.

Also, next episode's title is a bit foreboding. Guessing we're going to lose at least one Yuuna in it.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 23, 2016

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
This show is making me feel like I'm watching Higurashi or a Silent Hill anime. Though yeah :lost: seems super applicable as well.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've been thinking that the bus driver was not 'himself' somehow all this time, but him seeing his ghost kid pretty much confirms him as being as normal, relatively speaking, as the rest of the group doesn't it

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

i've been thinking that the bus driver was not 'himself' somehow all this time, but him seeing his ghost kid pretty much confirms him as being as normal, relatively speaking, as the rest of the group doesn't it

Also remember that he tried to leave and likely ended up not being able to. I find it funny that he never mentioned this.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Also remember that he tried to leave and likely ended up not being able to. I find it funny that he never mentioned this.

I would assume that the thing he saw in the coach that freaked him out was his dead daughter.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
People like this show for the dumb memes and the fact that all the characters are all believable losers who aren't special.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

esselfortium posted:

It's feeling more and more :lost: with each new episode, so far.

We even had screwed up navigational aids.

If they find a mysterious hatch or a glowy cave I'm going to bail.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Agronox posted:

We even had screwed up navigational aids.

If they find a mysterious hatch or a glowy cave I'm going to bail.

this time it's going to be good

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aw hell yeah this anime is good.

Is a giant Mitsumine really all that terrifying though?

Maybe terrifyingly annoying.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Well among other things, it would mean that there are at least two Mitsumunes in the world, perhaps more. That alone is a terrifying concept.

Besides, imagine all the things that creep could do if he were a giant.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roland Jones posted:

Well among other things, it would mean that there are at least two Mitsumunes in the world, perhaps more. That alone is a terrifying concept.

Besides, imagine all the things that creep could do if he were a giant.

That is an angle I did not consider.

Now I am literally shivering in fear.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
I like the suspense in this show, I get the chills and goosebumps cause I'm a softie

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

You're walking in the woods.
There's no one around,
And your phone is dead.
Out of the corner of your eye you spot him,
Giant Mitsumune.

He's following you
About 30 feet back.
He gets down on all fours and breaks into a sprint.
He's gaining on you.
Giant Mitsumune.

You're looking for your bus,
But you're all turned around.
He's almost upon you now
And you can see there's blood on his face!
My god, there's blood everywhere!

Running for your life
(From Giant Mitsumune.)
He's brandishing a knife.
(It's Giant Mitsumune.)
Lurking in the shadows
Internet board weirdo Giant Mitsumune.
Living in the woods,
(Giant Mitsumune.)
Killing for sport,
(Giant Mitsumune.)
Eating all the bodies
Actual, cannibal Giant Mitsumune.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

Truly the most hosed up of them all.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:barf:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

I Love Annie May posted:

You're walking in the woods.
There's no one around,
And your phone is dead.
Out of the corner of your eye you spot him,
Giant Mitsumune.

He's following you
About 30 feet back.
He gets down on all fours and breaks into a sprint.
He's gaining on you.
Giant Mitsumune.

You're looking for your bus,
But you're all turned around.
He's almost upon you now
And you can see there's blood on his face!
My god, there's blood everywhere!

Running for your life
(From Giant Mitsumune.)
He's brandishing a knife.
(It's Giant Mitsumune.)
Lurking in the shadows
Internet board weirdo Giant Mitsumune.
Living in the woods,
(Giant Mitsumune.)
Killing for sport,
(Giant Mitsumune.)
Eating all the bodies
Actual, cannibal Giant Mitsumune.

Perfect and wonderful in every way.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha holy poo poo that's so good.

This show always feels like a million things are happening at once, so when it all comes together like this it's glorious.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Devil Tesla posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo that's so good.

This show always feels like a million things are happening at once, so when it all comes together like this it's glorious.

in what way is it coming together because lol what the gently caress at that ending

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Futaba Anzu posted:

in what way is it coming together because lol what the gently caress at that ending

It was a literal combination of everything they hinted at about the monster, it was cool! The rest of episode also hinted at stuff that I thought they were going to be more coy about, like what Masaki's deal is. There's also stuff like how the glasses guy's plan got entirely away from him, lovepon somehow getting worse, the cool scene where the core leaders got caught straight up lying. Good poo poo.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Holy poo poo. Is that giant thing at the end a literal representation of "The Sum of All Fears"?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh my gosh. Watching this now, the characters misremembering Judgness's name (while mostly ignoring that he fell off a cliff and probably died) is amazing. This is wonderful dark humor.

Edit: Oh wow, Mikage is losing his mind. I was expecting him to hold it together better.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

How is the entire group just ignoring how loving crazy Lovepon is? She's clearly the most problematic and needs to go.

• Locked thread