Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Katzenjammer
Aug 17, 2004

Fojar38 posted:

how do you sleep at night knowing you personally enabled the actions of russia's authoritarian regime

Without that clip of me saying U.S. government figures projecting the growth of tech sector employment through 2020 relied on questionable methods, Putin's regime would have been toppled by now.

a hole-y ghost posted:

How would you like to take a one way trip in a Russian elevator?

Two-way elevator trips are really too extravagant for a hapless political puppet like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

If we just let Putin have the areas in Europe with a significant Russian minority, everything will be OK.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
TRUMP

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its all greek to me

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
death to amerikkka the great satab

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Look I'm gonna say something right now and I don't want to flip nebody out over it, so I gotta use spoiler tags, okay?

Isreal

Take that as u will.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Ork of Fiction posted:

Look I'm gonna say something right now and I don't want to flip nebody out over it, so I gotta use spoiler tags, okay?

Isreal

Take that as u will.

And here I was hoping for the Krusty picture. Dissapointing, really.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Fojar38 posted:

first amendment

there are chinese, iranian, and north korean propaganda outlets that operate openly in the US too, the Russians just have a century of experience in propaganda-crafting that makes them a lot better at it

Yah, I never expected that we would round up RT anchors and toss them in prison, but the diff is that all those other examples ou mentioned aren't included in your average digital cable package next to telemumdo and ten different versions of the shopping network

If North Korea plastered U.S.college campuses with posters for its international propaganda service then it would be news, but when Moscow does it people don't care.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
also Kung pow was great when I was 10, and I have no plans to revisit it and tarnish the memory of "THAT's A LOT OF NUTS"

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

also Kung pow was great when I was 10, and I have no plans to revisit it and tarnish the memory of "THAT's A LOT OF NUTS"

movie isnt as fun but that scene still holds up imo

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

THE PATRIOTS! NANOMACHINES PEE EMM SEES WAR HAS CHANGED.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

It's still a good dumb movie, If people think its bad they aint got no heart or smoke too little weed.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
My favorite RT thing is how they kept saying forums poster Brown Moses is a hack and doesn't know anything about what he's talking about with regard to MH17 and the war in Ukraine.

Repeatedly. Almost daily. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY HE KNOWS NOTHING.

He was even... unemployed... Would you trust an unemployed person?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

If you really are so far down the leftie rabbit hole that you need a state-sponsored news outlet not in the grip of the International Jew to sate your lust for Clinton blood, why not watch BBC? RT is run by the ex-psyops dudes from KGB and actively tries to undermine Western democracy from within for the benefit of authoritarian oligarchs. BBC otoh is run by a bunch of mild-mannered dudes who like to cover up for paedophiles but are otherwise pretty benign and straight with their reporting.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Russia is capitalist now, so we won. This Is Okay. It is cool&good for their media organizations to slather our youth in propaganda, as long as they make a profit doing it.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

mcustic posted:

If we just let Putin have the areas in Europe with a significant Russian minority*, everything will be OK.

*"signifanct minority" means one or more ethnic russians in residence

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Elukka posted:

My favorite RT thing is how they kept saying forums poster Brown Moses is a hack and doesn't know anything about what he's talking about with regard to MH17 and the war in Ukraine.

Repeatedly. Almost daily. DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY HE KNOWS NOTHING.

He was even... unemployed... Would you trust an unemployed person?
They're right though, brown moses being associated with SA is an embarrassment to the forums (which is saying a lot) and he is a hack and his 'journalism' is a bad joke

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I like to browse rt and Ukraine today at the same time then finish myself off by trolling the npr comments

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Naxuz posted:

If you really are so far down the leftie rabbit hole that you need a state-sponsored news outlet not in the grip of the International Jew to sate your lust for Clinton blood,

so is the online casual anti-semitism in here and /pol/ and stuff something to be worried about? I never had any kind of desire to move to Israel, but if the USA starts slapping stars on jews and crescents on muslims then that's probably the best place to head. at least they won't go quietly

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

a hole-y ghost posted:

You're right, Balls of Fury is the best Kung Fu movie.

:argh:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

PBRstreetgang posted:

Russian and American media are working together, to form a narrative that promotes a buildup of the military industrial complex in each respective country. The threat of perpetual war is used to funnel money from the masses to enrich a few select elites. The OP is also a fag

every single fact in this post checks out

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I totally would slam Abby Martin, whatup girl I know you have a SA account :wink:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Yah, I never expected that we would round up RT anchors and toss them in prison, but the diff is that all those other examples ou mentioned aren't included in your average digital cable package next to telemumdo and ten different versions of the shopping network

If North Korea plastered U.S.college campuses with posters for its international propaganda service then it would be news, but when Moscow does it people don't care.

I dont have it in my package but judging by the screenshots you're still gonna end up with more "news", biased or not, than if you watched any US media. Same could be said of the economist but with a corporatist message. US media is the People magazine of news reporting.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
if Russia Today called itself like "News Today" or something like that it would get a lot more respect. Fox News doesn't call itself "Saudi Arabia Today" because they aren't stupid.

also lol at Al Jazeera. Why not just name your network "Jihad Broadcasting Inc"? No Americans are going to take seriously a network that sounds like the name of Al Queda's top bombmaker or whatever

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In Soviet Putin Russia, Website posts you!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

City of Tampa posted:

if Russia Today called itself like "News Today" or something like that it would get a lot more respect. Fox News doesn't call itself "Saudi Arabia Today" because they aren't stupid.

also lol at Al Jazeera. Why not just name your network "Jihad Broadcasting Inc"? No Americans are going to take seriously a network that sounds like the name of Al Queda's top bombmaker or whatever

they really should of stayed in their own lane. they'd cornered the market on "networks that the CIA sends their cgi'd tapes of Osama Bin Laden to" before they decided to try to be the middle-eastern version of the BBC

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Here's how RT works. For real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S51C6DlqVqQ

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

City of Tampa posted:

What if there were a news organization called "America Today" lmao

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A Stupid Baby posted:

My first guess would be fundamentalist christian cover group

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zombiepop posted:

It's still a good dumb movie, If people think its bad they aint got no heart or smoke too little weed.

The funny parts hold up but the lovely cgi and that opening 5 minutes look so much worse now.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

they really should of stayed in their own lane. they'd cornered the market on "networks that the CIA sends their cgi'd tapes of Osama Bin Laden to" before they decided to try to be the middle-eastern version of the BBC

The hilarious/depressing part is that AJ completely altered the news that they were reporting to be less about real news and more of the mass-produced garbage that CNN/Fox puts out, but only for the American broadcast. It's the same thing that Time Magazine does. If they had kept reporting real news then at least some people would have kept reading it in the same way that some people read BBC News. But no, gotta get that market

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Russia is a joke cleptocracy based solely on an extraction economy. No one takes them seriously. That's why no one real gives a gently caress about RT.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
the best rt spot is the one where Old Obama and Old Kerry see President Snowden on tv and get all pissy and barely know english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrZZ95i8zQ

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

ArmZ posted:

*"signifanct minority" means one or more ethnic russians in residence

fsb agents to not need to be in residence to be in residence and can be in residence in multiple countries at once

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tiny Bug Child posted:

the best rt spot is the one where Old Obama and Old Kerry see President Snowden on tv and get all pissy and barely know english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrZZ95i8zQ

lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!

A Stupid Baby posted:

:lol:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

If you're a piece of poo poo, and another piece of poo poo tells you that you're poo poo, and provides evidence that you're poo poo, should you be able to negate his true statement because it also applies to him?

And you are lynching Negroes

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

hey guys, check out this quality program from RT, the channel that brings you the REAL news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1tydyTenCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO-aVyKMCsY

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
For money, op, hope that helps.

City of Tampa posted:

The Persians had it right with Press TV (rip)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

kaschei posted:

And you are lynching Negroes

:getin:

• Locked thread