Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Revol posted:

I really don't see it. If a team is jittery on the puck, they can't outshoot the opponent 14-4. Seems to me they just haven't been able to capitalize on the chances they were getting, beyond the PP.

That's the thing, they passed up some really nice passing options, especially on that last PP (before Crosby finally tried something through the center of the ice). GET THE PUCK TO THE NET is a thing that Edzo yells but the Penguins score a lot on East/West plays and you tend to abandon those when you're pressing (which they did).

Notice like all of their chances were angled shots down the side boards which aren't gonna go in unless you're Phil Kessel. Need to start delaying on some of those and putting the puck in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

St. Dogbert posted:

The Stanley Cup Final will be decided on a play that's an inch offside, the league will choose to conveniently ignore it, and the coach's challenge on offsides will be quietly scrubbed from the rulebook in the summer and never mentioned again.

Basically, it's 1999 all over again.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Mike Works posted:

Laffo? Why are you so angry??

Hockey talk: neither team looked particularly strong in that opening period, game's still completely up for grabs. If Pittsburgh could capitalize more on their good chances, they'd be up by 2 or 3 already.
Hockey talk: Vasilevskiy is really awesome in this series.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Awaiting the Most Dangerous Lead. Then to lose anyways

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

That's because you're stupid

Oh okay, you're giant baby. I just wanted you to clarify what you meant because it is worded strangely but I guess you're way too into your temper tantrum.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Oh okay, you're giant baby. I just wanted you to clarify what you meant because it is worded strangely but I guess you're way too into your temper tantrum.

Bro can't handle my GDT flava.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
playoff posters coming up in here like

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I think Wonderwompa is upset because they seem to think either Murray's clear didn't hit the glass, when it did, or the pick on the powerplay goal couldn't classically be described as a wrestling move.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Do you want to know what icing is?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Captain Internet posted:

I think Wonderwompa is upset because they seem to think either Murray's clear didn't hit the glass, when it did, or the pick on the powerplay goal couldn't classically be described as a wrestling move.

Stralman is a saint.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

T-Bone posted:

That's the thing, they passed up some really nice passing options, especially on that last PP (before Crosby finally tried something through the center of the ice). GET THE PUCK TO THE NET is a thing that Edzo yells but the Penguins score a lot on East/West plays and you tend to abandon those when you're pressing (which they did).

Notice like all of their chances were angled shots down the side boards which aren't gonna go in unless you're Phil Kessel. Need to start delaying on some of those and putting the puck in the middle.

Good points. We're working on different definitions; when I think a team is "jittery" on the puck, I think that they are losing the overall puck possession battle, because they can't make any pass.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Wonderllama posted:

Stralman is a saint.

Maybe Johnny Saint.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Revol posted:

Good points. We're working on different definitions; when I think a team is "jittery" on the puck, I think that they are losing the overall puck possession battle, because they can't make any pass.

Didn't read

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

Do you want to know what icing is?

I want you to lose whatever your toxx is.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
OKay someone recommend me a bike so I can tool up and down the KVR getting trashed at the wineries and can fit half a case in panniers or something.

OK GO

Squidbeak
Jul 24, 2007

Com Truise

nature6pk posted:

OKay someone recommend me a bike so I can tool up and down the KVR getting trashed at the wineries and can fit half a case in panniers or something.

OK GO

uhhhhh

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

nature6pk posted:

OK GO

A fixie you wine drinking hipster.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I want you to lose whatever your toxx is.

You wouldn't notice

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Wonderllama posted:

You wouldn't notice

Yeah Llama would rereg so fast your head would spin.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Captain Internet posted:

Yeah Llama would rereg so fast your head would spin.

You can believe him he is an officer In internets.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Everyone smiling. Tyler Johnson looks like a mugshot.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

mcvey posted:

playoff posters coming up in here like

:justpost::justpost::justpost:

Captain Internet posted:

lol

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Captain Internet posted:

Boring

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Put some baseball cards in the spokes.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I would not have expected more poo poo-posting between Lightning/Pens than Caps/Pens but here we are.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

:stare:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Wow

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Good lord :stare:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
heart stopper

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

drat u post :eyepop:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I wish the pens could bury one or four of their chances

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Wore my OKC Thunder shirt until game time then switched to a Pens shirt. It's worked before and I'm OK if the Thunder get trounced tonight in exchange for a Pens Win.

Geno looks good other than the terrible penalty.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I would not have expected more poo poo-posting between Lightning/Pens than Caps/Pens but here we are.

Thanks for this valuable input you poo poo

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Whatever, still not as good as the double post from the Hawks/Blues (?) series :colbert:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

also: Whooooooooooooooooooooo boy the bolts just got lucky.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
This defense...

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

that was a dumb play there centering the puck on his own team by ian cole

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

WouldDesk posted:

Wore my OKC Thunder

get.

the gently caress.

out. :argh:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Ian Cole did a thing there that took months off my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Duke Chin posted:

get.

the gently caress.

out. :argh:

Kemp/Schrempf in NBA Jam forever.

• Locked thread