Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Shrapnig posted:

He was born in France but he's played for Senegal.

A smile slowly creeps across Wenger's face...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Soccernet reporting that Mario Götze had agreed to a €25m move to Liverpool that would've seen him paid €12m a year, before sacking his agent. Additionally Bayern have outright told him to get the gently caress out of town, so it might well br happening.

I hope it doesn't, he's got way too much potential!

Source: Soccernet

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems to be at odds with Liverpool's usual prudence regarding big contracts

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Not really seen that much of him in truth but he scored in a world cup final so it makes me think

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Seems a wierd one. Fairly clear he wants to stay at Bayern, which is understandable

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Dani Alves to Juve on a free seems to be a thing

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tarbrush posted:

Seems a wierd one. Fairly clear he wants to stay at Bayern, which is understandable

Tbh you can expect any player to have ever shaken hands with Klopp to be linked this summer.
Once Mourinho is announced at Old Trafford goal.com will run a story on Maniche joining to solve the midfield problems

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

julian assflange posted:

Tbh you can expect any player to have ever shaken hands with Klopp to be linked this summer.
Once Mourinho is announced at Old Trafford goal.com will run a story on Maniche joining to solve the midfield problems

The Mail are already running a story about Saul Niguez of Atletico fame joining United. £54 million, which is his release clause, is their claim.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ben arfa turned down atletico

Hatem Ben Arfa posted:

Atletico deserves respect, but they have a style that is not my own. It is a football that will not last. The essence of this sport is elsewhere. I belong to the school of Guardiola, of Bayern Munich, of Barcelona. Football, it is also love.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Jose posted:

Ben arfa turned down atletico

Football, it is also Pythagoreanism

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juve's sporting director Marotta said today that they'll exercise their option to buy Berardi from Sassuolo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Juve's sporting director Marotta said today that they'll exercise their option to buy Berardi from Sassuolo.

That's a lot of strikers then, think they'll sell anyone?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I find it hard to believe that atletico would be in for Ben arfa, totally not their kind of player unless he's changed completely. I know he's had a great season but I can't see him being disciplined enough

Then again simeone is a warlock

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Liverpool have bid for a left back from Lorient called Raphael Guerriero. He's basically Moreno 2.0 in that he's an exciting attacking winger cum left back. Dortmund and another two 'top clubs' have also bid, so lol at that ever happening.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

That's a lot of strikers then, think they'll sell anyone?

I think Morata is gone.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

trem_two posted:

I think Morata is gone.

madrid are going to get a boatload for that kid

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I don't know why any club agrees to buy-back clauses. Especially when they're always so low

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I don't know why any club agrees to buy-back clauses. Especially when they're always so low

It's probably the only way the selling club will agree to the deal, and the buying club is willing to take the chance that they won't be bought back. I can't think of many cases where a club actually did buy back a player tbh

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You get a player you want for a season and make a small profit.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's basically like loaning a player, except instead of paying to loan them the other club pays you to take them.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ughhhh... http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10294706/liverpool-return-for-balotelli

quote:

Striker Mario Balotelli appears likely to make a return to Liverpool from AC Milan for pre-season training.

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has intimated the Serie A club would not be making their loan deal for the mercurial Italian a permanent one.

Balotelli, who was left out of Italy's Euro 2016 squad, admitted in April that he would be reluctant to link up with the Reds once more.

"In terms of my future I want to stay with Milan because I was not happy at Liverpool and don't want to go back," Balotelli said.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Lol how long is his contract? Doubt anyone would buy him now he's damaged goods

Unless he goes to China or something

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Klopp will put an arm around his shoulder and get him scoring a goal a game in the U18s

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'd be fine with Klopp giving him a go tbh. Maybe it'll work.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

lol I forgot he even existed

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Corrode posted:

lol I forgot he even existed

He's back bitch, but in pog form

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Insanely Sikh posted:

He's back bitch, but in pog form

Awwwwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I like Mario and hope he eventually puts it all together but I can't think of a striker less suitable in a Klopp team.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I like Mario and hope he eventually puts it all together but I can't think of a striker less suitable in a Klopp team.

Christian Benteke.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ewar Woowar posted:

Jozy ?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ben Sahar?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Anyone know what the hell happened to Balotelli back in Italy? He always did pretty well there but a quick googling reveals that he scored one goal in 20 games in his recent stint at Milan.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Christian Benteke.

Benteke still somehow managed to score double figures this season.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Anyone know what the hell happened to Balotelli back in Italy? He always did pretty well there but a quick googling reveals that he scored one goal in 20 games in his recent stint at Milan.

He was often out due to injury and when he wasn't injured, he pissed off Sinisa Mihajlovic.

I don't know if the line between unlucky and unworthy is that fine, but Balotelli consistently finds a way to blur it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

Benteke still somehow managed to score double figures this season.

Wayne Rooney scored 15 goals in all competitions this season.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shrapnig posted:

One for each pound he put on during that same period

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Rooney started every game when fit though. Benteke barely played under Klopp.

It sounds like I'm defending Benteke. I'm not. I don't think he's good enough to adapt to what Klopp wants. Origi came in and did everything we wanted when we bought Benteke and he was a whole lot cheaper and younger.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

He was often out due to injury and when he wasn't injured, he pissed off Sinisa Mihajlovic.

I don't know if the line between unlucky and unworthy is that fine, but Balotelli consistently finds a way to blur it.

At least 15 of those 20 were also 5 minutes at the end of a game. He barely played.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

he scored lots of tasty penos against andorra and bongo land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

he scored lots of tasty penos against andorra and bongo land

Actually he didn't but ok.

And we're only talking about club goals here anyway.

• Locked thread