Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what were you guys watching tonight?
This poll is closed.
Game 7 of the NBA Western Conference Finals 39 19.31%
Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals 17 8.42%
WWE Raw, why would you even ask this on a wrestling subforum I don't even 19 9.41%
runs back up the ramp 127 62.87%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I read this as WWE Caterers at first

The_Rob posted:

The amount of WWE writers is legit insane. I bet you more than half don't do poo poo because Vince and Co. Don't even realize who actually works there.

I think Meltzer recently pointed out that for this type of production it isn't all that insane for the writing staff to be that big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The Gong Show, SNL, The Mary Tyler Moore Hour, WWE RAW. The all time great variety shows

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hunt is a bad opponent if you are WWE and don't want Brock to get knocked out. Not saying he will lose, but that would be how it happens, and Summerslam would be within the mandatory suspension time for someone who is KO'd. WWE is not bound by those rules, but it would look bad and they have been very PR sensitive about concussions.

Should be a hell of a fight though.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/739851276616404992

Brock's training is off to the best start

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Hunt is a bad opponent if you are WWE and don't want Brock to get knocked out. Not saying he will lose,

Hell, I will. He may even get popped by the NSAC while we're here

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is that a Rikishi chew toy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Is that a Rikishi chew toy

That's Mark Hunt, who is also of Samoan descent.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Disaster unfolds when Brock passes up a chance for an open shot at Hunt's skull, having learned too well from professional wrestling that he would be impervious to such a blow

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I always laugh when ESPN or Sportscenter tweets about anything WWE related because someone always tweets at them "not a sport"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

tougher training than Punks

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

keevo posted:

I always laugh when ESPN or Sportscenter tweets about anything WWE related because someone always tweets at them "not a sport"

Entertainment is literally in their name.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Kirios posted:

Entertainment is literally in their name.

Hell, it even comes before "Sports".

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Yeah a coworker and I are discussing this. It'll be good for Hunts' career that's for sure. Hope Brock gets some serious money for the beating hes' going to take. Just hope it is going to be less depressing than Anderson Silva, BJ Penn or Ken Shamrock.

Please don't die Brock. Also someone did tell him about the new drug test changes right?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Normally I don't really have much interest in UFC but man oh man I want to watch Brock really fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Von_Doom posted:

Hope Brock gets some serious money for the beating hes' going to take.

The host tried to get a number out of him and he essentially said "I'm very happy" and when pushed further he said "There are a lot of zeroes" but wouldn't elaborate further. Don't worry about Lesnar's financial well being.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's going to be great when Brock gives this guy an F5 and proves that professional wrestling is the ultimate form of fighting.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brock really is challenging Nash for the "Greatest Capitalist Alive" championship.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, he has a wide variety of UFC matches to look back upon. And by wide variety I mean you could go from him smashing the poo poo out of Randy Couture to getting what was left of his intestines kicked out by Alistar Overreem.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why is Roman Reigns so bad?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kirios posted:

He's actually great

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah he rules. WM33 main event of Roman vs. Miz gonna be a five-star classic for sure.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Miz might be the only one who could actually get Roman cheered. Then again, Roman might be the only one who could actually get Miz cheered.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Miz might be the only one who could actually get Roman cheered. Then again, Roman might be the only one who could actually get Miz cheered.

the stadium being visibly completely empty as Reigns pins Miz would be the best picture to put on the cover of Death of WWE

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
You know that you would still watch it.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

only temporary posted:

You know that you would still watch it.

yeah it'd a good for ten bucks on TV match plus w/e is going on in the undercard for the 12 hour sports entertainment spectacular that is Wrestlemania

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Has Brock cut the sleeves off a suit jacket because his arms wouldn't fit?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I was gonna drop a smartass comment about it being a vest but drat it really does look like a jacket with sleeves torn off. Is that a lapel?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
To be honest fitting a suit on Brock has to be a difficult thing to do the guys a monster, looking forward to UFC 200

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pretty sure he can afford to get a suit made guys

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The resurrection of Jake Roberts is up on netflix.

It's as heartbreaking as you would expect.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I watched it this weekend and yeah its real good

DDP is some sort of goddamn wizard

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Go RV! posted:

I watched it this weekend and yeah its real good

DDP is some sort of goddamn wizard

Jake is also a real funny guy when he's lucid

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kirios posted:

He's not bad

He's not good

He just is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Hopefully Raw will be less lazy tonight as the only competition is the Penguins losing to the Sharks because I can't have nice things like the face of the league having more than one Cup while a rapist/cabbie beater has three.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully Raw will be less lazy tonight as the only competition is the Penguins losing to the Sharks because I can't have nice things like the face of the league having more than one Cup while a rapist/cabbie beater has three.

Their competition has zero Cups so I don't think you really have the moral high ground there

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

go sharks

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Pittsburgh fans are awful, go sharks

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

I am excited for the upcoming DC/WWE crossover special, Crisis on Infinite Wrestlemanias.

It turns out there were three Doink the Clowns all along!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Codependent Poster posted:

He's not bad

He's not good

He just is

Actually turns out he's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I checked the "is Roman Reigns good" thread and I believe the unanimous conclusion was that he was extremely good and also cool.

• Locked thread