Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hello this is a post about the sealed temple.

"It's my house!"

WHAT IS THE SEALED TEMPLE?

The Sealed Temple is an extra dungeon added to FF5 in the GBA version, and iOS if you're a stupid idiot who plays iOS. It is full of postgame-y nonsense, palette swaps, puzzles, and Enuo. He's a worthless piece of poo poo, so he also starts with P, it works.

WOW! SOUNDS LIKE FUN! CAN I DO IT?

Probably not, because you need a very specific set of job circumstances to perform a Sealed Temple Fiesta run. Source: I did it.

OH NO! WHAT AM I GONNA NEED?

In order to complete the Sealed Temple, there are two specific jobs you must have and one condition the other two must fulfill.

#1: You must have Thief.

I steal only what I can't afford! (That's everything.)

There's an area in the Sealed Temple that requires you to use Dash in order to get past. Obviously, this means you must have Thief. Congratulations! You can steal!

#2: You must have Beastmaster.

There's a certain annoying jackass in the Sealed Temple who is insistent that you Catch a Behemoth in order to progress! Beastmaster is the class that does that!

<--- A Behemoth.

#3: You must have either a source of non-elemental magic damage or White Mage.

"My, that's rather specific!" you might be thinking. "Why do you need that?" Here's why you need it:

"OH YEAHHHHH"

This OBNOXIOUS FUCKER is named Archeodemon, and he will destroy you. Why? I'm glad you asked, Timmy! Archeodemon absorbs all elements, and is undead and counters all physical attacks with Death which fully heals him, and he has 62,000 MP. Ergo, if you have neither Reflect (to bounce the Death counters) or magic damage (to... damage him,) you actually cannot kill him! He has 62,000 MP! And Mega Flare! You won't live that long, I'm sorry. Also you have to beat him to fight any of the Temple's three superbosses.

The classes which fit this category are Black Mage, Summoner, Time Mage, Chemist, Bard, and Blue Mage if you're interested in playing level shenanigans with a level 17 enemy.

SO IF I HAVE ALL THAT, CAN I BRING A BERSERKER IN TOO?! I LOVE BERSERKERS!!!

Go ahead, Timmy. Go right ahead.

Also watch out for dragons.

I AM SINISTAR. BEWARE I LIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

my pain has meaning

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

alcharagia posted:

hello this is a post about the sealed temple.

Also the Gil Turtle is a normal, non-optional fight in the Sealed Temple. The Gil Turtle is the thing that most guides say "why the gently caress are you fighting this piece of trash in a fiesta, it's designed to murder you, the gil cave is a giant trap use quicksave".

gently caress the Sealed Temple.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013
Sweet, with my Beastmaster/Time Mage/Thief/Geomancer combo I'm gonna give the Sealed Temple a shot.

Thought: could you just throw Hi-Potions and Potions or the like at the Archeodemon to plink it down? Or does that not work.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Princey posted:

Sweet, with my Beastmaster/Time Mage/Thief/Geomancer combo I'm gonna give the Sealed Temple a shot.

Thought: could you just throw Hi-Potions and Potions or the like at the Archeodemon to plink it down? Or does that not work.

It's got a script like Rugwizard does.

If you use anything that isn't coded as magic against it? It casts Death on itself and revives with full HP. This, naturally, includes items and Geomancer's Hippie poo poo.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
So how many Dragon Fangs is a good amount to aim for before leaving Drakenvale? I've got just under 40, I imagine that should tide me over until I can pick up that Sage's Staff in world 3 and murderize Dragon Zombies a lot faster, yes?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Do all of you Brave Blade users hate yourselves?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Wezlar posted:

(yes)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

So how many Dragon Fangs is a good amount to aim for before leaving Drakenvale? I've got just under 40, I imagine that should tide me over until I can pick up that Sage's Staff in world 3 and murderize Dragon Zombies a lot faster, yes?

40 should be more than enough unless you have the urge to level your entire party up to 99+ with every boss.

Hell, depending on the rest of your team, 40 might mean you're good for the rest of the game.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I ended up grinding to level 40/41 to get my Geomancer over the Almagest hump but it finally happened

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KataraniSword posted:

It's got a script like Rugwizard does.

If you use anything that isn't coded as magic against it? It casts Death on itself and revives with full HP. This, naturally, includes items and Geomancer's Hippie poo poo.

Yeah, Archeodemon is Rug Wizard 2: Turbo Championship Undead rear end in a top hat Edition

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Wezlar posted:

Only if my team isn't good enough to just mash through battles. It's all worth it once it falls into place, though, and you can start doling out 4000-5000 damage in a single attack with two-handed Brave Blade.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Got freelancer on my pure chaos run :D

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

KataraniSword posted:

Hell, depending on the rest of your team, 40 might mean you're good for the rest of the game.

Rest of the team is Dragoon/Monk/Dancer.

So, not so much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So I've got the Pyramid done with Drg/Ber/Ber/Ber, and I'm looking for opinions. Wendigo's going to be a pain but I could Drg Rugwizard and get the second aegis shield. Other than that is there anything to grab before diving into the void? Got the hermes sandles, thief knife, chicken knife, earth hammer and sealed weapons.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

Rest of the team is Dragoon/Monk/Dancer.

So, not so much.

Ah. You might want to grind 50 total, just to be safe.

That said, congratulations rolling the one team able to make Monk look good. Shove Samsons down your monk's throat and watch them turn into the most damaging member of the team.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

KataraniSword posted:

Ah. You might want to grind 50 total, just to be safe.

That said, congratulations rolling the one team able to make Monk look good. Shove Samsons down your monk's throat and watch them turn into the most damaging member of the team.

I had much the same thought.

Also considering doing the same with a Barehanded Dancer for kicks (or punches in this case). Level 255 Sword Barehanded Dance :getin:

EDIT: Mind you, I don't strictly need to do that, given that Dancer has Chicken Knife. But I suppose I could pass the CK off to the Dragoon and Jump with it. That would make for a pretty hard-hitting team, honestly. Shame they'd take hits like a bunch of little girls.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 23, 2016

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Bufuman posted:

Also considering doing the same with a Barehanded Dancer for kicks (or punches in this case). Level 255 Sword Barehanded Dance :getin:

Energy Flow Dance

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

M stops at Lv99, though I'm not sure how it interacts with Barehanded attack power.

That said?

quote:

<KataraniSword> .mcalc 99 32 chicken 37
<CarbyBot> At level 99 with 32 Strength and 37 Agility, your Chicken Knife M is 54. To reach the next M, you need to reach level 101 for Strength or 101 for Agility.
<KataraniSword> .mcalc 99 55 fists
<CarbyBot> At level 99 with 55 Strength, your fist M is 23 (with 201 attack power). To reach the next M, you need to reach level 103.

That's an unequipped Bartz Monk and a Faris Dancer with nothing but the Chicken Knife equipped. Remember that Sword Dance is a 4x multiplier, so you're gonna be smacking the damage cap no matter what. The one difference is that Lv99 Barehanded can actually punch through Omega's defenses all on its own, no Split Shell shenanigans or lucky Criticals required.

Does Sword Dance hit twice with fists? I know it does with Dual Wield...

Either way, congratulations, you found a setup that is actively hampered by the Chicken Knife's attack power.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mountaineer posted:

Classic run complete!

Also :siren:Brave Blade:siren: run complete!

Shinryu fell, but I did not need his sword for I had a better one.

NED forced me to use many phoenix downs. I really wish Red Mage could cast Shell.

Quoting this so I remember to donate in the morning.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

KataraniSword posted:

Does Sword Dance hit twice with fists? I know it does with Dual Wield...

Just tested this out.

Yes.

Yes it does. :stwoon:

With a level 29 Dancer Faris (effectively 49 after a Samson's), she hit twice for about 5200 damage. So I'm effectively breaking the damage cap already, and I only thought to try this at the Barrier Tower. Two or three more Samson's in a battle ought to push it up to 9999 per hit on enemies with no defense. And once I get a Rainbow Dress, that's going to happen roughly 50% of the time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go laugh maniacally for a while.

EDIT: In fact, I was just doing some calcuations on that. KataraniSword mentioned that M stops at 99, but I wasn't sure about the Barehanded damage equation, so I just did both, testing a fully Samson'd Krile (who I was planning to make into my Dancer since that was the job I got for Earth). First, assuming that Barehanded stops at a Level factor of 99 like M does, here's what it would work out to against Omega itself:

Attack: 3 + 99*2 + 0...24 = 201 to 225
M: (99 * 51)/256 + 2 = 21
Defense: 190
Damage = (Attack - Defense) * M = 231 to 735

So yeah, as Katarani mentioned, enough raw power to damage even Omega's bugfuck-insane defenses. But what if Level goes up to 255 in the equation?

Attack: 3 + 255*2 + 0...(255*2)/8 = 513 to 576
M: (99 * 51)/256 + 2 = 21
Defense: 190
Damage = (Attack - Defense) * M = 6,783 to 8,106

Two hits of around 7400 damage on average. ON OMEGA, WITH NO DEFENSE NEGATION. :psypop:

I kind of doubt this is going to end up being the case, because that would be just TOO awesome. But holy poo poo, would that ever be sweet.

EDIT 2: WAIT, THAT DOESN'T EVEN CONSIDER DANCE! Sword Dance, rather than being a straight 4x damage boost, actually gives a 2x boost to both Attack and M. So let's see what that would do in that case.

Level 99:
Attack = 402-450
M = 42
(402 to 450) - 190 * 42 = 8,904 to 10,920

JESUS, we don't even need to go far above level 99 to hit the damage cap then! This is crazy and I love it!

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 23, 2016

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Saw this on the subreddit while I was looking to see how people were reacting to Mime being an option in Pure Chaos.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150127001427/http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=AxelRyman

I want to know how the hell you beat Omega with two Monks, a Black Mage and a Thief. Or Knight/Berserker/Ranger/Samurai. Apparently he couldn't pull it off with 2 Monks and 2 Thieves though.

e: But he still beat Shinryu with 2 Monk/2 Thief. I want to know how you pull THAT off too.

Better than quadreflecting is trireflecting. If you wear 3 reflect rings and bounce Thundaga off your party so it hits one of your guys, Omega doesn't counter. Thieves can wear one of the diamond pieces, right?

Any team with Ranger can beat Omega, and while he only has one Genji Armor to protect against confuse, he could have full Aegis coverage on his team.

Omega IS impossible for some teams, but I'm working on my 33'rd consecutive triple crown between this year and last and many kills are possible with some elixirs and luck to avoid Atomic Ray / early Encircles.

For example, I had to do it with BM x2 / Ranger x2 earlier this year. I used the tri-reflect strategy because 1) I had no way to protect my Rangers from confuse and 2) I was lower level, so Rapid was only doing 6kish I think? I finished Omega off with one, but used reflected Thundagas the rest of the way.

https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/743654087040851968

derra fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jun 23, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Psst, Turtle Soup mix works on Omega. Punch him double plus good

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.
Hmm, so how viable is Omega with red mage, dancer, samurai, and ranger? Would it requires a ton of grinding?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

GatewayOfLastResort posted:

Hmm, so how viable is Omega with red mage, dancer, samurai, and ranger? Would it requires a ton of grinding?

Man mode Omega needs either grinding lots and lots of attempts or grinding lots and lots of levels then a fair few attempts. Higher levels mean higher chances of encircle and maelstrom missing and you also want to be able to survive the vast amounts of damage he can poo poo out. Rapid fire can punch through his defenses but it will subject you to 2 chances at encircle.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Reflect Masamune + Rapidfire Chicken Knife under Search.

EDIT: Also a Flame Shield.

EDIT 2: You will want Elixirs. Levels wouldn't hurt.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Archenteron posted:

Psst, Turtle Soup mix works on Omega. Punch him double plus good

Yeah, ideally I'd hit him with Turtle Soup anyway to let my Monk and Dragoon get out some better damage (E: wait, Dragoon with Trident will ignore his defense anyway. Well, it still applies to Monk). I was just curious how hard I could possibly hit him with Barehanded Sword Dance while he was still at max defense.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

You have dancer, so mid-30's is a good level to get attempts in. You'll need elixirs (30~40 is a good number), Rainbow Dresses and Ribbons for all.

Dancer w/ Chicken Knife, Ribbon, Rainbow Dress, Hermes. I guess you could put RapidFire to use as a guaranteed finisher, use it in a fail attempt to see how much damage it does.
Others w/ Whatever, Aegis if possible, Ribbon, Rainbow Dress, Hermes w/equip ribbon

Sometimes Omega will open with Atomic Ray and you wipe, that's life. Otherwise, Dance immediately after Wave Cannons and searches and hope for Sword Dance, then heal up with elixirs. Rainbow Dresses make you immune to the confuse on the missile counter attacks, and they do % current HP, so they can't kill on their own. Thats when you toss elixirs to heal up for the next Wave cannon and repeat.

It's not a guaranteed kill every attempt. Atomic ray will hit you. Mustard Bomb is generally recoverable, but Encircle hitting your dancer is a wipe. Encircle hitting item-bots too early will lead to a wipe. Sometimes you'll get 10 Jitterbugs in a row and run out of elixirs. But you can kill him, and once practiced, in a reasonable number of attempts.

Unlike Shinryu, making sure people have the HP to survive the next wave cannon takes priority over rezzing the dead. Unless you're really lucky and have something like Mystic Knight / Ranger, Omega is NOT a damage race; you need to kill him with minimized counter opportunities when you have room in his attack routine.

This is why I'm always happy to see Dancer, between Dance and Equip Ribbons it can kill Omega on its own, which is the hard part of a Triple Crown.

derra fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 23, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

derra posted:

You have dancer, so mid-30's is a good level to get attempts in. You'll need elixirs (30~40 is a good number), Rainbow Dresses and Ribbons for all.

Dancer w/ Chicken Knife, Ribbon, Rainbow Dress, Hermes. I guess you could put RapidFire to use as a guaranteed finisher, use it in a fail attempt to see how much damage it does.
Others w/ Whatever, Aegis if possible, Ribbon, Rainbow Dress, Hermes w/equip ribbon

Sometimes Omega will open with Atomic Ray and you wipe, that's life. Otherwise, Dance immediately after Wave Cannons and searches and hope for Sword Dance, then heal up with elixirs. Rainbow Dresses make you immune to the confuse on the missile counter attacks, and they do % current HP, so they can't kill on their own. Thats when you toss elixirs to heal up for the next Wave cannon and repeat.

It's not a guaranteed kill every attempt. Atomic ray will hit you. Mustard Bomb is generally recoverable, but Encircle hitting your dancer is a wipe. Encircle hitting item-bots too early will lead to a wipe. Sometimes you'll get 10 Jitterbugs in a row and run out of elixirs. But you can kill him, and once practiced, in a reasonable number of attempts.

Unlike Shinryu, making sure people have the HP to survive the next wave cannon takes priority over rezzing the dead. Unless you're really lucky and have something like Mystic Knight / Ranger, Omega is NOT a damage race; you need to kill him with minimized counter opportunities when you have room in his attack routine.

This is why I'm always happy to see Dancer, between Dance and Equip Ribbons it can kill Omega on its own, which is the hard part of a Triple Crown.

Dance sucks balls here. It's one particular minimum viable option but anything else is better. Dancer still might be a decent candidate for the knife since ribbon + black robe + hermes sandals = 30% chance to avoid rocket punch, maelstrom and encircle but rapid fire deals far more damage much more reliably. If you're fishing for reflected searches you also get twice as many chances for omega to eat his own mustard bombs. Give the red mage a ribbon and use him as a dedicated item chucker. Maybe also the samurai since he can use an aegis shield.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Dance sucks balls here. It's one particular minimum viable option but anything else is better. Dancer still might be a decent candidate for the knife since ribbon + black robe + hermes sandals = 30% chance to avoid rocket punch, maelstrom and encircle but rapid fire deals far more damage much more reliably. If you're fishing for reflected searches you also get twice as many chances for omega to eat his own mustard bombs. Give the red mage a ribbon and use him as a dedicated item chucker. Maybe also the samurai since he can use an aegis shield.

No, Dance is great because you have a 50% chance to do massive damage, or if you don't you don't proc any counterattacks and can just keep elixiring through his attack routine. Opening up yourself to twice the Encircle chances, or the potential of losing two people in one turn Mustard Bomb is a lot worse.

I'm not using reflect rings. I use hermes to keep up with his speed and toss items.

Rainbow Dresses are key for the 50% Swords Dance chance as well as the immunity to confuse.

Like I said, in most of my Omega kills it's not a damage race; it's a slow, controlled burn, and part of that is limiting the number of counterattacks I receive.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Yes, that countdown is from the Doom spell Exdeath opened the battle with. Lord, Monk + !Mix is a fun combination.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bufuman posted:

Yes, that countdown is from the Doom spell Exdeath opened the battle with. Lord, Monk + !Mix is a fun combination.

Hell, honestly I'd shove !Drink on the Monk and let them just guzzle Hero's Cocktails.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:v:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

you are a smarter and better person then me

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Probably would've gone a bit smoother if I had put off fighting him for a bit until I got the Rainbow Dress from the castle area, but what the hell, Trident Jumps did most of the work in the end, with a CKSD or two helping out.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bufuman posted:

the Rainbow Dress from the castle area

Why on earth would you get that when you can knife one from Phoenix Tower approximately five minutes after you beat Melusine (including cutscene time)?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Warning: Effort Post Ahead

Omega GBA Class Rankings

S+ Rank

Chemist

Time Mage

Both of these classes can solo Omega easily. Chemists can berserk him against his will, while strengthening himself and debuffing Omega so everyone can contribute meaningful damage. Time Mage can Quickleak for a slow but guaranteed 1-turn kill.

S Rank

Bard

Beastmaster

These two classes can, with some basic timing, lock down Omega indefinitely, given that you have control of two characters. A third !Sing command can also increase the speed of the fight if your offensive options are dismal, as well as ease the timing requirement. However, both classes are actually extremely poor at hurting Omega themselves. Release can't take Omega from 100 to 0 and past that Beastmasters have to rely on, what, reflected Blitz Whip Thunder procs? Even that is a better option than the Bard has available, who has to strip off his weapons and crit punch Omega down. Another class capable of doing damage (i.e. anything else on this list above F rank, excluding White Mages) is required for a reasonable kill, but it's fairly likely that you will have AN option.

A rank

Dancer

Mystic Knight

Black Mage

Having but one of the A rank classes, regardless of the rest of your party, enables you to kill Omega at relatively reasonable levels (in the 40's) with some luck. There are two different styles in which classes contribute in A rank. First, Dancers and Mystic Knights are capable of doing massive damage to Omega even at reasonable levels at good odds. Sword Dance always hits and can penetrate his defense with a Chicken Knife at a 50% chance per !Dance command. A Mystic Knight wielding a dagger cuts Omega's evasion in half, giving him a 47% hit chance, while Thundaga spellsword allows him to bypass Omega's defenses while doing quadruple damage. They both contribute defensively too, although Dancer clearly has the edge here: Equip Ribbons lets any class wear the Rainbow Dress and Ribbon, which combined remove the possibility of your characters getting petrified and confused. Mystic Knights can equip Aegis Shields, which is always a nice bonus, and additionally Magic Barrier may have a limited use in the fight. Even without other options, given proper tactics and some luck, these two classes can fight through Omega's attack and counterattack routines and pull out victories.

Black Mages have an (almost) unique ability to damage Omega while not stunned without provoking counterattacks. By equipping Reflect Rings on 3 characters, Black Mages can cast Thundaga on their own party. When it hits (is not reflected) one of your characters, Omega will not counter the attack, making Omega's attack routine extremely safe to sneak in some damage. In addition, the Lamia's Tiara makes them immune to confuse. I suppose Red Mages can do this in a pinch, but the damage output between Thundara and Thundaga is a huge obstacle.

B rank

Ranger

Summoner

White Mage

Blue Mage

B rank is separated into damage and defensive options. First, the damage dealers: Ranger has access to Rapidfire, which is a great command that always hits and ignores Omega's defense. The ability has some drawbacks, though: it provokes two sets of counters from Omega, making his Mustard Bomb more dangerous (recovering with two controllable characters is a lot worse than recovering with 3 two times). In addition, Ranger provides no defensive options like a shield or confuse immunity. Rapidfire does combine very well with some other skills, such as Thundaga spellblade, to allow powerful burn strategies to work, but by itself, I put Ranger down in B rank.

Summoner has a reliable damage option, while not huge, in Odin. What elevates Summoner over C rank classes is that it has additional utility with Carbuncle, which is a one-turn Reflect party buff, which extends the amount of time your party can expect to have when fighting Omega. Summoner can also equip Lamia's Tiara to avoid confuse.

Meanwhile, White and Blue mages have almost non-existent damage options against Omega, but can keep parties with worse damage options alive for considerably longer. Both classes work similarly - they have options for strong party-wide heals on demand (White Wind, Curaga), they have access to Shell on demand to reduce incoming damage and avoid status effects like Encircle. White can also use Arise, while Blue has the ridiculously good Mighty Guard which puts up party-wide Shell and Float status. Both classes have access to Lamia's Tiara for confuse immunity. If the other members of your party can stunlock Omega, Blue Mages can swing a Coral Sword to do damage. Neither class can kill Omega alone, but one can raise the odds of killing him with other classes, or lower the required level threshold considerably.

C Rank

Dragoon

Ninja

Both of these classes have reliable ways of hurting Omega, without the use of other abilities. Jumping with a Trident always hits and penetrates Omega's defense. Ninjas can toss Fuma Shuriken or Lightning Scrolls, depending on what options you have to boost your scrolls. Dragoons can innately equip the Aegis Shield and Genji Armor, which can protect against confuse. Other than this, the classes do not have any other options over Item use. These classes are the limit of what I'd consider capable of killing Omega, but extremely high levels would be required to do so (70+).

D Rank

Knight

Red Mage

Berserker

Samurai

Monk

Parties consisting of classes solely of D rank or lower I would consider not capable of killing Omega. These D rank classes can hurt Omega, but have significant roadblocks in doing so. Knights and Red Mages can equip Coral Swords, but have no innate way of penetrating Omega's evasion. Red also has reflected Thundara damage, which is at least consistent, but the damage is even lower.

Berserker can hurt Omega through 75% defense-ignoring Axe swings, but once again, cannot bypass Omega's evasion on their own. Even worse, you cannot control when the strikes occur, which can easily lead to party wipes with Omega's counterattacks. Unless you can completely shut down Omega, your Berserker is better off equipped with a weapon that cannot hurt Omega and invoke his wrath. Finally, while one Berserker isn't too much of a hindrance, 2 or 3 can significantly limit your options due to the reduced number of controllable characters you have available.

Samurai and Monk can put up good damage numbers on Omega, if they can pierce Omega's 95% evade AND crit to nullify his defenses. At least a miss or 0 damage attack doesn't provoke a counter! Again, if Omega is locked down, they can contribute, but this is not something to be relied upon.

Some of these classes can equip Aegis Shields, Genji Armor, and Lamia's Tiaras to protect themselves against Omega's onslaught, but otherwise are restricted to Item use.

F Rank

Thief

Geomancer

These classes provide almost nothing over Item use. A Thief can steal a Genji Helm, which can help protect a second heavy armor user from confuse. A Geomancer can equip Lamia's Tiara to be confuse immune. Otherwise, all they can do is help toss out items to keep your more valuable teammates alive.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Thunder Sheep posted:

Got freelancer on my pure chaos run :D

:psyduck: Wait, what? Is this really a thing that can happen?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

CapitalistPig posted:

Yep. Freelancer and Mime are valid classes for Pure Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah, Freelancer in Wind and Mime in Earth are apparently both options (and intentional) in Pure Chaos.

• Locked thread