Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

TheFonz posted:

The difference between riding the FZ-07 and FZ-09 was mental. I can't image what stepping up to the FZ-10 would even be like. I assume the front tire is no longer a wear item.

The front tire is an optional extra, isn't it?

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

TheFonz posted:

Man, EX, I showed my wife all the videos of Animal. We love it... Great dad, Great kids. So much fun.

So, uh... I kinda did the thing today.

I'm trying to keep the front wheel down for the first 500 miles. That's the break in process right? I got to watch them take it out of the crate, I took the long way and did 150 miles on the way home. I plan to get up to 600 by Friday and then change the oil.

It's intoxicating.

Wow!

You need a dayglo helmet now, to round that out.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

captainOrbital posted:

Which one did you get? I got one on eBay from this weird dude and it worked really well plus he sent me a bunch of emails. I decided to keep the stock turn signals for now, though.

I might eventually be super vain and replace my tail-light with an actual Rizoma. It looks so clean!

I grabbed the Graves kit because it lets you reuse the little cap that covers the seat release. Also grabbed some cheap led bolts to use so I can legally ride at night since there was no license plate light.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Buhbuhj posted:

I grabbed the Graves kit because it lets you reuse the little cap that covers the seat release. Also grabbed some cheap led bolts to use so I can legally ride at night since there was no license plate light.

Yeah, I watched that instructional video with the Graves thing. My PO fabbed up an excellent remote seat release that is keyed to the ignition, and is on the side of the bike under the front part of the seat. It works really well and so I don't use the seat lock above the back tar anymore.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

This is fairly close to the color scheme I wanted to do for my VFR

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Fender elim on. Really cleans up the look of the bike. Not sure why Yamaha went with a square tail light but it's definitely spoiling the look.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Buhbuhj posted:

Fender elim on. Really cleans up the look of the bike. Not sure why Yamaha went with a square tail light but it's definitely spoiling the look.

Here is an example of the Rizoma taillight. I like it, but I'm going to hold off on more cosmetic poo poo until after I get new tires because that is actually what is important.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
That's not too bad looking, if it's bright I might actually end up getting that or something similar. I like how huge and bright the stock one is but man the shape is just so out of place.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I did a thing...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nice. I love the f4i, but didn't you buy a 300 ninja like a month ago?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

Didn't you buy a 300 ninja like a month ago?

Maybe he camped the bike spawn and harvested a lot of experience?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Ola posted:

Maybe he camped the bike spawn and harvested a lot of experience?

Pretty much :) it was about 2 months back, and it was a great bike. I happened into a chance to flip it for no loss and this bike called my name. I'll be riding very carefully as I adjust. It's so loving pretty.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Bikes are cheaper than Warhams.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Bikes are cheaper than Warhams.

That's probably my new avatar text

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

PaintVagrant posted:

and this bike called my name.

It's an F4i. Calling your name is what they do.

Really pretty bike, though, and it's got a corbin! Enjoy it man!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

That seat is like sitting in lotion.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

I did a thing...

You did a good thing.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
That F4i looks like it just came out of the factory

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

It's so loving clean man. 2005, 7k miles. Not a scratch on it, 2bros can, Corbin sex seat. I paid 3700 US dollars and don't regret a penny of it.

Also the dude threw in a bunch of old lovely helmets, a nice hjc leather jacket, a cover, and some other doodads.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

DRZ's second tow. :v:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

cursedshitbox posted:

Good username + bike combo.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

Please post more tow truck pics. Tia.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

builds character posted:

Please post more tow truck pics. Tia.

90' f350.
7.3 idi
zf5
D60 kingpin/10.25 4.10RP + lsd.
No lift, ex mil 37" H1 tires. Its the support truck for the fleet of land boats.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

Pretty much :) it was about 2 months back, and it was a great bike. I happened into a chance to flip it for no loss and this bike called my name. I'll be riding very carefully as I adjust. It's so loving pretty.

Please do. You're right in the middle of the most dangerous part of riding, and this 600cc I4 supersport will be VERY different from your 300cc parallel-twin standard. It's not going to forgive your mistakes anywhere near as nicely as the Ninja did. I would have stayed on the 300 for like, a year or more before upgrading.

Very pretty though. Don't drop it!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Please do. You're right in the middle of the most dangerous part of riding, and this 600cc I4 supersport will be VERY different from your 300cc parallel-twin standard. It's not going to forgive your mistakes anywhere near as nicely as the Ninja did. I would have stayed on the 300 for like, a year or more before upgrading.

Very pretty though. Don't drop it!

It was just too pretty to resist. I have a very healthy respect for it, trust me :)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

cursedshitbox posted:

90' f350.
7.3 idi
zf5
No lift, ex mil 37" H1 tires. Its the support truck for the fleet of land boats.

That is hot.

Also, you're loving hard on bieks.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
im so jealous that f350 looks bad rear end

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

That is hot.

Also, you're loving hard on bieks.

admittedly it was just a flat tire. but yeah I'm hell on everything. I make the unreliable reliable, and vise versa.

Razzled posted:

im so jealous that f350 looks bad rear end

:3: Its definitely a fun drive(read, old ranch truck scary as gently caress at 70). Couple friends call it the war rig hahahah

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PaintVagrant posted:

I did a thing...

F4i is still a great looking bike today, and in the best color scheme they came in, to boot!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just now noticed that the silver paint on the side of that f4i is a blown up honda logo, that is so rad. :aaa:

cursedshitbox- Your truck is goddamned awesome and looks unstoppable.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

F4i is still a great looking bike today, and in the best color scheme they came in, to boot!

I only just noticed that the silver flash is actually a giant zoomed in honda logo :aaa:

e/ I swear to atheismo I didn't see Coydog's post before I made mine. It really is brilliant though.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 25, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Y'all never seen a CBR before?! They all have that! (And they're all awesome)

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

90' f350.
7.3 idi
zf5

A good truck. :911:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Agreed.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PaintVagrant posted:

Lol, I was gonna say, every CBR I've owned has had those wing graphics.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm somewhat taller than three foot nothing so I'm not used to seeing them from that angle. Also CBRs bigger than 125cc aren't really that popular around here, everyone on sportbikes is on a ninja or gixxer :ms:

Also why are we not calling it the Honda Hurricane, after not-enough-interesting-names-chat last month you'd think we'd use them when bikes have them (even if they're not used in all markets)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Literally every cbr600 from f2 to f4i has a badass paint scheme with sweet wings.

And you are right I should call it a Hurricane. I'm going to pick it up tonight, I assume it will rock me

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

PaintVagrant posted:

I have never seen a CBR.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Just got her home. Say hi to Rhonda Burgundy

PaintVagrant fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Everyone knows bikes are male and cars are female.