Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The game is good and thus has very few memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Lord Ephraim posted:

Does Japan really have cooking shows entirely about mircowavable food?

"Thanks for joining us today. This episode I will tell you how to microwave the perfect leftover pizza"

I mean, America had "Semi-Homemade," which was basically a show about how to arrange store-bought cookies on nice plates.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And the hostess drinking large amounts of vodka

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sakurazuka posted:

And the hostess drinking large amounts of vodka

That's no way to describe your boss.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Requesting a Here I Go! emote please.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

waifu is not a meme

It kind of is. This is not the word used in the Japanese version (and in fact, it's not a word ever used in Japanese).

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

orenronen posted:

It kind of is. This is not the word used in the Japanese version (and in fact, it's not a word ever used in Japanese).

Mai yome.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So is there a stat that this 4th party member wants to focus on? I notice the increased skill compared to everything else but i'm not sure what all the stats do in this game so i don't know if i should be buying accessories focusing on increasing that or just the generic strength/mag increasing ones.

Also where do you get Macca Leafs? Need some from a request and i don't think the analysis thing tells you were to get item drops off of enemies.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 1, 2016

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

For me, the bigger offence here is that they dropped the "P" from her name.

And in all seriousness, "waifu" is not exactly my favourite western otakuism (it comes from 4chan and it reeks of racism) but it has become the de-facto translation for "ore no yome", even if they're not exactly equivalent in their current usage.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So is there a stat that this 4th party member wants to focus on? I notice the increased skill compared to everything else but i'm not sure what all the stats do in this game so i don't know if i should be buying accessories focusing on increasing that or just the generic strength/mag increasing ones.

Also where do you get Macca Leafs? Need some from a request and i don't think the analysis thing tells you were to get item drops off of enemies.

I got Macca Leaves out of the camera dungeon. They seemed to be a fairly random drop off groups with the little hammer girls (I'm at work and I can't remember their names).

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
You can also get them randomly from the vending machine in Harajuku.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Does Mamori's second sidequest always play out with Ellie? Or are there versions with Tsubasa and Maiko as well? The game seemed to give you a choice at the start, though I guess the other two simply might have been wrong choices.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Regy Rusty posted:

How do you do that? I got stomped when I tried it as they and the minions were not taking much damage and did huge amounts to me.
So there are two sidequest where the levels are close (46 and 47). The crippling one is Kiria's Third(maybe second?) Sidequest which is recommended level 46. And while you can cripple, if you misstep you will die in one hit...forever :goleft:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

minusX posted:

So there are two sidequest where the levels are close (46 and 47). The crippling one is Kiria's Third(maybe second?) Sidequest which is recommended level 46. And while you can cripple, if you misstep you will die in one hit...forever :goleft:

Hmm I've got Tsubasa's and Kiria's third unlocked. Kiria's is 42 but I didn't try it yet. I unlocked Tsubasa's first (47) and gave it a try at 10 levels too low and got stomped.

I'll try Kiria's.

E: Okay yes it was Kiria's and it was very easy. Thanks

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 1, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What is the gimmick with dungeon 4? I started it and I'm not really getting this whole layout thing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What is the gimmick with dungeon 4? I started it and I'm not really getting this whole layout thing

Look at the tv screens in the second room

Also map out the third hallway room before trying to go through doors

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hello weekend, time to play some Sharp FE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is it not Hashtag Iron?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

Saint Freak posted:

Is it not Hashtag Iron?
My friend goes between this and "Not Persona"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

minusX posted:

My friend goes between this and "Not Persona"

Really if you're going to call it anything Persona-related it should be Performa.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dunban posted:

Does Mamori's second sidequest always play out with Ellie? Or are there versions with Tsubasa and Maiko as well? The game seemed to give you a choice at the start, though I guess the other two simply might have been wrong choices.

I picked the Tsubasa option thinking that she'd be helpful since she is a little sister, but it just gave some dialog before letting me pick again.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Really if you're going to call it anything Persona-related it should be Performa.
The name is from before it was released in the US and we didn't know that pun, but I agree.

Has anyone else seen the fact that if you're snarky the whole time you can miss out on a dual tech ability with Tsubasa and Itsuki? I've only seen it really matter Chapter 4 on and most of the points you need are from a Side Quest but the only outline about what answers help has been from a Japanese site, wondering if stuff is different in the US. http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/91.html

minusX fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 1, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

minusX posted:

The name is from before it was released in the US and we didn't know that pun, but I agree.

Has anyone else seen the fact that if you're snarky the whole time you can miss out on a dual tech ability with Tsubasa and Itsuki? I've only seen it really matter Chapter 4 on and most of the points you need are from a Side Quest but the only outline about what answers help has been from a Japanese site, wondering if stuff is different in the US. http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/91.html

I hope I made enough good choices to get it :ohdear:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

orenronen posted:

it is used in japan, actually

orenronen posted:

And in all seriousness, "waifu" is not exactly my favourite western otakuism (it comes from 4chan and it reeks of racism) but it has become the de-facto translation for "ore no yome", even if they're not exactly equivalent in their current usage.

:laffo:

anyway, i got the most ridiculous costume for tsubasa :allears: much better than a boring swimsuit

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The emoji's characters send you in this game are amazing. The director lady sent me one of a drunk bunny that said "Fight On!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why Chrom and not Marth?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Why Chrom and not Marth?

This is explained later in the story.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Barry is in fact a goodman (really minor sidequest spoiler).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sam Faust posted:

Barry is in fact a goodman (really minor sidequest spoiler).
(images cant be spoiled AND timg'd in a quote)

i am excited to get to this part of the game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How many chapters are in the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How many chapters are in the game?

6 chapters plus a prologue and epilogue.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Finished the game a few days ago. It's really good, despite the Idol theme. Gameplay and style more than make up for it.

Touma is an actual god in combat, Mamori felt really really worthless (a tank with 3 weaknesses, no Ad Lib, bonus mechanic for the never-used Defend). Tsubasa felt like a close second as a "hybrid" with skills that are replaced by items (and you drown in money). Saving grace was using her for arena and building her just for that.

Barry was actually super annoying as a character, but maybe that's just me. Kind of like Tatsu in Xeno X, funny for literally 5 seconds and then it's overdone.

The only really cringe-worthy "Idol" moment was probably (endgame spoiler) that fire emblem/opera of light song. wtf was that??

Really glad I gave this game a chance, before E3 it sounded awful as a concept.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dackel posted:

Barry was actually super annoying as a character, but maybe that's just me.

:allbuttons:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dackel posted:

, Mamori felt really really worthless (a tank with 3 weaknesses, no Ad Lib, bonus mechanic for the never-used Defend).

Mamori is insanely OP.

She has enough HP that even if her weaknesses are being hit she's still more durable than the rest of the party combined. Her defense stats are through the roof. Her SP skills are a full-party heal, a full-party revive and a move that makes you immune to status effect while also giving you +offense and +defense, the latter of which completely shuts down a lot of bosses. Add into that she'll block attacks from enemies and can unlock the ability to Guard when taking damage and she's absurdly good, especially when you consider that she can revive the entire rest of the party and still take an action.

Tsubasa suffers because she's the healer archetype and then they give you a healer who is the most durable character on the team. Mamori's only downside is that she's a little SP reliant but getting your SP bar filled up is pretty trivial.

Dackel posted:

The only really cringe-worthy "Idol" moment was probably (endgame spoiler) that fire emblem/opera of light song. wtf was that??

It's a reference to this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 1, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

"Hollywannabe" :iceburn:

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Vending machines acting as Inns is kinda silly. You have to stock up on all these medical supplies before going into a dungeon, but if things get really rough just pop out and buy a bottle of water!

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

("Waifu")

BillmasterCozb posted:

it is used in japan, actually

It is not. In all four years I've lived here, I've only ever heard it once, in this situation: some people, even though they know I understand Japanese perfectly well, feel it necessary to repeat a few random words in every sentence they say in English, just to make sure I understand them (incidentally, they always choose the most easy, everyday words. Which stands to reason, because they probably don't know the more difficult ones). The other day the HR guy in my company, who is one of the main offenders, talked about his wife and glossed the natural Japanese word he used ("okusan") to "waifu" for me.

I've heard plenty of otaku-speak here (some of my coworkers fit the type), and have read plenty of Niconico comments. The only time a Japanese person says "waifu" is when they're trying to say the English word "wife" in situations they feel English is necessary, or as part of larger borrowed idioms (for example, "trophy wife" was brought in wholesale as "torofiiwaifu", and isn't even really a common expression). Look it up on the Japanese web - the only place where "waifu" is mentioned in otaku connotations is as the Western equivalent of "ore no yome", and in non-otaku connotations it's mostly dictionaries and not real use.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Do you get bonus for playing on hard?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

dude789 posted:

Vending machines acting as Inns is kinda silly. You have to stock up on all these medical supplies before going into a dungeon, but if things get really rough just pop out and buy a bottle of water!

Yeah that is pretty weird.

...One moment please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

dude789 posted:

what, buying water instead of a macho mocha?

• Locked thread