Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh I need one more piece of Spellsilk and I just can't get it to drop from anything in Latius Woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Choco1980 posted:

I suggest grinding in the exp dungeon.

My issue of late is my team leader is a 2* trash character, Rizer the Warrior. I'm wondering when he'll ever get outpaced (so far only hp is getting competitive). I've been putting a lot into him but I know his usefulness is finite. :saddowns:

Also, user Itachi, if you're a goon, you friend requested me but your list is full...

EXP Dungeon is a VERY good idea. Doubled my group's levels in the BEG dungeon.

Also made me appreciate the animations a lot, seeing as how this Lv 2 Exdeath I brought along was oneshotting people with a cool looking slice.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
When you unlock the XP dungeon for a day if you have one of the many high powered goon buddies available only run the ADV level. Pretty much any level 80 exdeath can no-effort solo it with Firaga and it'll let you get a lot more xp than BEG/INT, even if you entire team dies in the dungeon they still get the XP.

You can also use said uberbuddies to carrying a single unit through the dungeon so that all the XP goes to that one unit. Very nice when you want to power level a unit.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Trying this game out. Any goons (especially higher level super goons) available for friending?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

When you unlock the XP dungeon for a day if you have one of the many high powered goon buddies available only run the ADV level. Pretty much any level 80 exdeath can no-effort solo it with Firaga and it'll let you get a lot more xp than BEG/INT, even if you entire team dies in the dungeon they still get the XP.

You can also use said uberbuddies to carrying a single unit through the dungeon so that all the XP goes to that one unit. Very nice when you want to power level a unit.

I still need to unlock the ADV dungeon since all that shows for me is just BEG and INT.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Nice! Just pulled Luna. Perfect timing for FP week.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

widespread posted:

I still need to unlock the ADV dungeon since all that shows for me is just BEG and INT.

Do the INT dungeon, that unlocks ADV

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Are quests important? I just don't want to do them.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Shifood posted:

There are a lot of unlocks behind quests, as well as crafting recipes. You're handicapping yourself if you don't at least get the important ones down like the earth key vault and the unlock quests for the Ifrit, Golem and Shiva espers.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I can't figure out how to log out of the Facebook in order to reroll. There doesn't seem to be any button to do so.

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Go to menu > options > logout

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Shifood posted:

https://exviuswiki.com/Quest_List

Pay attention to the ones marked with med/high importance. You can mostly ignore the rest, especially if you don't care about getting hero rings (and even if you do, you can still skip a lot of the annoying 'kill X foes' type quests)

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Very helpful, thanks!

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I decided to go ahead and reroll and managed to only need a few rerolls to get a decent set with a 3* Exdeath and a 3* CoD. The rest was pretty much trash, but I feel better about having these units now. I also updated the spreadsheet.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
So basically, the reason to get a party of 100 TP nerds is to get carried through areas to farm mats?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
So why INT vortex of awakening and not ADV? Not a big enough difference in drop rate? I basically just need sacred crystals for the immediate future so I want to make sure.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Downloaded the game, haven't set up a dummy FB account yet, but didn't login to my real one either. When I went into Options > Menu to look around, I noticed that a Login to FB button did not exist, and it was just Google Play account info.

I'm a bit stumped since I haven't seen that come up anywhere, is it normal or did I goof?

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

So I just started this game like five minutes ago, and this is what I pulled.

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

I see that exDeath is really good, so I'll stick him in my party, but everyone else seems to be bad from the list? What other characters are okay to run with?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Clockwork Beast! posted:

So why INT vortex of awakening and not ADV? Not a big enough difference in drop rate? I basically just need sacred crystals for the immediate future so I want to make sure.

ADV costs more energy and will drop Holy Crystals (you can still get Sacred Crystals there though), which you don't need yet.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I've pulled the premium gacha five times. I got these 3* units: Anastasis, Bartz, Galuf, Magitek Armor Terra, and Clyne. I know Bartz is top-tier, but I'd like to know if anyone thinks I should just keep rolling with these as my main squad, or if there are different unit(s) that would round out the team better. I am in the second "continent", and I just cleared the story battles in the first mission area there, the one where Fina follows a chocobo into the wilderness and Lassiter gets mad at her.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Victis posted:

The only way you can get Sacred Crystals from certain missions is as a trust bonus from bringing high trust % guys, and it's not that mission in particular. You can get Sacred Crystals/Star Quartz/Screamroot from other missions randomly (besides the 1 energy ones), or from minitaurs on exploration missions (just as rare).

The caveat is that you would have to bring a full set of 100% trust dudes to make farming 'normal' missions for those things worthwhile. Do the chamber.

FP units are decent for a 'TM Bonus Team' since you can get their TM% up high relatively easily.

I see. Guess I gotta wait for chamber reset.
E:Oh snap it reset already, cool.

For Sacred Crystals, its more efficient farming INT than ADV correct?
E:Yeah, INT gave me 2 off the 1st try. Time to farm this for awhile.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 5, 2016

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

I've been re-rolling on and off for about two days now and I've finally got a decent pull.

3* Cecil
3* Bartz
3* Vivi
3* Shantotto
3* Galuf
3* Sabin
3* Cyan
3* Luna
3* Clyne x2
3* Shadow
3* Maria
4* Bedile

I used the starting lapis to pull an extra 3 times and got Bartz from the last pull. Should I keep retrying to hold onto that 1500, or should I stick with this?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Victis posted:

ADV costs more energy and will drop Holy Crystals (you can still get Sacred Crystals there though), which you don't need yet.

I'll need holy for 4*>5* though yeah? Wouldn't it be better to just run ADV and stock up on those so I don't have to as much later?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

SlippyFists posted:

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

I see that exDeath is really good, so I'll stick him in my party, but everyone else seems to be bad from the list? What other characters are okay to run with?

That's a lotta black magic and physical damage. Exdeath, Kain, Fran, starters until the second island, Fina for Fran after that. You'll have a pretty good idea of what to do by then.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Aeon posted:

I've been re-rolling on and off for about two days now and I've finally got a decent pull.

3* Cecil
3* Bartz
3* Vivi
3* Shantotto
3* Galuf
3* Sabin
3* Cyan
3* Luna
3* Clyne x2
3* Shadow
3* Maria
4* Bedile

I used the starting lapis to pull an extra 3 times and got Bartz from the last pull. Should I keep retrying to hold onto that 1500, or should I stick with this?

Keeeeep. use both bartz.

Clockwork Beast! posted:

I'll need holy for 4*>5* though yeah? Wouldn't it be better to just run ADV and stock up on those so I don't have to as much later?

INT drops holy too, just rarer

SlippyFists posted:

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

I'd keep just cause exdeath can be the team by himself, but it's up to you if you wanna try for better.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've pulled the premium gacha five times. I got these 3* units: Anastasis, Bartz, Galuf, Magitek Armor Terra, and Clyne. I know Bartz is top-tier, but I'd like to know if anyone thinks I should just keep rolling with these as my main squad, or if there are different unit(s) that would round out the team better. I am in the second "continent", and I just cleared the story battles in the first mission area there, the one where Fina follows a chocobo into the wilderness and Lassiter gets mad at her.

Depends if you wanna replay the entire first continent. Bartz is fine to play. You should bring in Rain and Laswell to your party. They're your best options when the gacha isn't being kind.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Shark Tower posted:

INT drops holy too, just rarer

Makes sense then, thanks.

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

Shark Tower posted:

Keeeeep. use both bartz.

Oh, I only have one Bartz at the moment. I threw the extra 3 rolls up in that list with the 10 ticket ones. Still probably a keeper though I guess?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Shark Tower posted:

Depends if you wanna replay the entire first continent. Bartz is fine to play. You should bring in Rain and Laswell to your party. They're your best options when the gacha isn't being kind.

for what. my one guy has OK heals so i feel like i should keep him. don't know which ones i should boot

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hero Ring #1 still has a day left until it's finished and #2 just started crafting. Should have enough for #3 before the first finished. Probably going to make 4 for now and give a pair each to Exdeath and Xiao or Lasswell.

Shark Tower posted:

https://exviuswiki.com/Quest_List

Pay attention to the ones marked with med/high importance. You can mostly ignore the rest, especially if you don't care about getting hero rings (and even if you do, you can still skip a lot of the annoying 'kill X foes' type quests)

You can get 30 trophies for the Hero Ring recipe without needing the 2nd quest milestone (or first, I guess).

The easiest to get all 3 trophies in is probably the 300k damage in 1 round (and the two below it). Take the most OP-as-possible mage buddy you can to the earth shrine exploration with as mage-heavy a team as you can manage and use the biggest nukes you can, chained as best you can, on the boss. A pair for 5* Exdeath LBs chaining off of each other made it really easy for me.

PRADA SLUT posted:

So basically, the reason to get a party of 100 TP nerds is to get carried through areas to farm mats?

It's useful to an extent but in the long run those extra mats will just be annoying unless they're quest-specific or something. Also helps with that 0.1% or whatever chance at getting screamroots.

SlippyFists posted:

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

Exdeath/Lasswell/Vivi/Kain/Fran(Fina eventually). If you want to rush to power then add a bunch of buff goon friends and use powerful 5* exdeath buddies to carry yours (solo) through the ADV xp dungeon a few times to get the -aga spells unlocked. Kuja takes longer to get his one -aga spell but you can give him crafted magic to make him more useful.

I just added another 5 friend slots (since the Facebook thing is buggy as poo poo and probably will be for awhile) so grab me off the spreadsheet.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
So did I miss something? A ton of people are like rank 45+ already, and even using lapis recharges, that seems a little extreme for this game barely releasing.

Also come on, game, cough up some Sacred Crystals already. I want in on that hot, hot Exdeath -aga action.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I just added another 5 friend slots (since the Facebook thing is buggy as poo poo and probably will be for awhile) so grab me off the spreadsheet.

Sent a request!

I just started, player ID is 355,045,531 if anyone wants a friend. I've got a 3* Exdeath and CoD that I'm hoping to awaken soon.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

FeralWraith posted:

So did I miss something? A ton of people are like rank 45+ already, and even using lapis recharges, that seems a little extreme for this game barely releasing.

Also come on, game, cough up some Sacred Crystals already. I want in on that hot, hot Exdeath -aga action.

Yeah, those people have been playing for a couple extra months. The game soft launched in Sweden and any progress made in that carried over to global.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I've heard about the solo character + powerful friend team strategy for the ADV exp map to give all the EXP to that one character. But how good does the friend have to be to solo the map? What should I look for?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I've heard about the solo character + powerful friend team strategy for the ADV exp map to give all the EXP to that one character. But how good does the friend have to be to solo the map? What should I look for?

~200 magic, or attack if nobody is on

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I figured it had to be a lot, but I don't think I've seen anyone with stats even close to that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

A 5* Exdeath with 160+ MP should be plenty, use Firaga since the crystals are weak to it and the most annoying enemy. Turtles whille take 2 casts to kill but they waste their first turn with protect. They definitely don't need 200+ MP. When I started out I was using a max level 4* Vivi to carry my team through the ADV dungeon since lvl 60 Vivi can doublecast fira to one-shot everything other than the crystal/turtle enemies too usually. Literally any level 80 Exdeath or Terra should be more than enough.

Level 80 Bartz or CoD just brute-forcing with barrage can work too.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Strictly for Sacred Crystal farming, is INT or ADV vortex preferred?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Aeon posted:

Oh, I only have one Bartz at the moment. I threw the extra 3 rolls up in that list with the 10 ticket ones. Still probably a keeper though I guess?

Oh, okay, that's a little less cool but still cool. probably something like cecil/ bartz/ vivi/ laswell, and maria(replace w/ fina later) would do it. plus Shantotto and luna have great tm's if you're interested in farming them up.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

for what. my one guy has OK heals so i feel like i should keep him. don't know which ones i should boot

Both Anastasis and Clyne are healers. You don't need 2. I'd kick Anastasis since limited growth potential. Then kick Clyne out later for Fina.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Strictly for Sacred Crystal farming, is INT or ADV vortex preferred?

INT

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Hrm. When should I try my luck at newer units? I heard at 5k Lapis but like... if my units are just Tronn, the first two guys, and the Magicite Walker Trio, I should try for 5k Lapis asap right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
My only 5* capable units are Exdeath, Roselia, and Terra. My main squad also has Kain and Edgar, which max out at 4*. Should i swap those two out for Rain and Laswell until i get some other 5* capable units? Are Kain and Edgar worth taking to 4*?

• Locked thread