Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's almost adorable that they keep thinking "THIS IS THE ONE!!!" and then getting all mad and disappointed when another half assed attempt to gently caress over the Clintons fails predictably. You'd think they'd get tired of missing that football but they come back every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Doctor Butts posted:

Hey I didn't see this mentioned here yet, maybe this will brighten up your day:

UAE guy in town for treatment at the Cleveland Clinic was falsely accused of pledging allegiance to ISIS.

And the body cameras for those cops didn't fall off!

As a Clevelander it's going to own if the Emiratis/Saudis stop coming here because they've pretty much bankrolled the Cleveland Clinic to take up a quarter of downtown. There's skybridges between the CC and the luxury hotels they stay at so they don't have to deal with the natives

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radish posted:

It's almost adorable that they keep thinking "THIS IS THE ONE!!!" and then getting all mad and disappointed when another half assed attempt to gently caress over the Clintons fails predictably. You'd think they'd get tired of missing that football but they come back every time.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/750514875093385216

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Of loving course he will.

God dammit we could fund all of Bernies policies if we just banned the GOP from using tax payer money to investigate the Clintons

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ahahahaha

Arrgytehpirate posted:

God dammit we could fund all of Bernies policies if we just banned the GOP from using tax payer money to investigate the Clintons

Seriously no kidding. "Party of fiscal responsibility" I wonder what great stuff we have to look forward to (knock on wood) for the next four years. Did Hillary pull the tag off a mattress? The twenty two month investigation will get to the bottom of it!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Welp, there goes all that plausible deniability that this was anything other than a partisan witch hunt. They really only have the one playbook for dealing with the Clintons, huh?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/750686792278544385

Tomorrow.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
And here I'd think they would want to drag this out as long as possible. You'd think they'd at least wait until the next news cycle.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Litany Unheard posted:

Welp, there goes all that plausible deniability that this was anything other than a partisan witch hunt. They really only have the one playbook for dealing with the Clintons, huh?

There was ever any doubt? Hillary Clinton is probably the single most hated woman alive in the United States, maybe in the entire world.

Bear in mind that I think this is a good thing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope Comey uses his questioning to announce his intention to investigate usage of private servers to handle Benghazi Committee business and the illegal tampering with of federal documents by the same

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

jasoninthehouse sounds like the name of a bad sitcom about some "hip" teenager

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WHOOPS posted:

And here I'd think they would want to drag this out as long as possible. You'd think they'd at least wait until the next news cycle.

It's literally their last chance, they are desperate.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I wonder if we have enough information available to us that we could make a decent estimate of the amount of taxpayer money spent by Congressional hearings/investigations/whatever into the Clintons over the past 25 years.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Well, if they can't rely on the presumptive GOP nominee to do the business ....

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mdemone posted:

I wonder if we have enough information available to us that we could make a decent estimate of the amount of taxpayer money spent by Congressional hearings/investigations/whatever into the Clintons over the past 25 years.

Prolly and it's a huge amount of just wasted money

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Also cool how Republicans would have been all HE'S SUCH AN UNBIASED PERSON and wouldn't have batted an eye if he'd gone the other way. It's almost like this is a political witchhunt.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Last night, an ex-Republican buddy of mine was telling me how he was confident they'd just let this one drop, seeing as they got their asses handed to them when they went hunting over Benghazi. :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Last night, an ex-Republican buddy of mine was telling me how he was confident they'd just let this one drop, seeing as they got their asses handed to them when they went hunting over Benghazi. :allears:

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/750694290951516160

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Remind me, where were these people when their leader was bribing people in the house the keep quite on his kiddy diddling?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Remind me, where were these people when their leader was bribing people in the house the keep quite on his kiddy diddling?

Busy in a Benghazi committee.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chelsea Manning is in the hospital after a reported suicide attempt in prison

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
I think the news lacks self awareness.

quote:

By consistently covering Trump's argument over time, and by following up on it, media outlets did their job to inform voters. That was why Tuesday night's collective Captain Renault moment was so strange, and so demonstrative of why many media consumers are skeptical of what they're hearing. Instead of a debate on the facts -- should Hussein have been removed? Did he "kill terrorists," in a contradiction of what Americans were told before the war? -- there was manufactured outrage, straight from a rival campaign
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Busy in a Benghazi committee.

Actually, at the time Hassert was in office and doing that, they were rubber stamping the Bush Agenda, but you know, details.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I am happy that our leaders are beginning another investigation into those Crooked Clintons. It would a waste of time to look into investigating something frivolous the disproportionate application of our laws and policing minorities communities versus whites communities.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

:lol: Bernie's healthcare plan alone was going to cost a couple trillion.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Actually, at the time Hassert was in office and doing that, they were rubber stamping the Bush Agenda, but you know, details.

Really. That is weird. I do not remember this "Bush Agenda" just the Clinton-Obama Destroy America Proposition 31

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I am happy that our leaders are beginning another investigation into those Crooked Clintons. It would a waste of time to look into investigating something frivolous the disproportionate application of our laws and policing minorities communities versus whites communities.

Hmm, I don't know. We wouldn't want to encourage The Ferguson Effect

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Or CIA torture?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know to us this looks absurd, and it is, but judging by my conservatives friends on Facebook, now the FBI is compromised, owes Petraues an apology, and the GOP will now smash the Clintons by forming committees to remove Comey from power.

So they're still hitting their target audience. I'm not sure why this surprises me.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This is a loving waste of money and time. Why would they open another investigation into this email garbage when House Republicans could be introducing a bill to repeal the PPACA?

Smdh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They can't even remember how much of a debacle the last Clinton witch hunt was and that one only concluded last week

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Or CIA torture?

I think you mean enhanced interrogation techniques, op

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

They can't even remember how much of a debacle the last Clinton witch hunt was and that one only concluded last week

Their only thought was to try to keep this in the news at all costs

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They really haven't learned a goddamn thing.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Chelsea Manning is in the hospital after a reported suicide attempt in prison

I was thinking about her the other day. I know there was a huge backlash about her possibly getting to use military healthcare to receive hormones and possibly gender reassignment(?), and wondered how the new policies would effect that process.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phone posted:

This is a loving waste of money and time. Why would they open another investigation into this email garbage when House Republicans could be introducing a bill to repeal the PPACA?

Smdh

I know! They're so close to filling up the "Attempt to repeal PPACA this many times and get a free fro-yo" card!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I know to us this looks absurd, and it is, but judging by my conservatives friends on Facebook, now the FBI is compromised, owes Petraues an apology, and the GOP will now smash the Clintons by forming committees to remove Comey from power.

So they're still hitting their target audience. I'm not sure why this surprises me.

Remind them that Petraeus literally admitted to: giving top secret material to his mistress, lying about it to the fbi, trying to hide it.

If they wanted a witch-hunt into a politically motivated decision, it's actually that Holder overruled career prosecutors and the FBI on felony charges.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/etuckerAP/status/750691726474477572

https://twitter.com/LukeRussert/status/750697539561742336
lmao they extremely mad

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress it, surgically implant the body cameras into the cops, then replace their hearts with artificial ones that shut off it they tear out the body cams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Remind them that Petraeus literally admitted to: giving top secret material to his mistress, lying about it to the fbi, trying to hide it.

If they wanted a witch-hunt into a politically motivated decision, it's actually that Holder overruled career prosecutors and the FBI on felony charges.

I would, but it's not like they're interested in silly things like "facts" and "reality"

• Locked thread