Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

benwards posted:

Breaks my heart, but I'm selling my SV650. It's a bit steep (I'll take what I can get on the DC market), but for a goon I'll drop the price a bit.

Link to craigslist ad

Details:
2006 SV650, 18,849 miles, in fantastic shape. Scorpion exhaust, progressive front suspension with heavier fork oil, ZX-14 rear suspension swap. Fender eliminator and matching seat cowl to boot.

:(

Still for sale! Goon price: $3500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

benwards posted:

Oh hey, several of my fb friends just shared the ad to some of my bike groups, hopefully that'll net ya someone interested.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Oh good! Here's hoping! I'm moving across town, and got hit with a $1000 dollar expense I wasn't expecting, so it'd be very timely.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not
How much does one of you Australian goons want to buy my Duke 690? Is it a lot? Because that would suit me.

It's one of the less ugmo Gen 3's and everything's in good order except the seat (it's getting creased) and the mirrors (I cracked the left hand mirror while adjusting it because whoops).

The previous owner went apeshit farkling this up so if you've ever wanted a donging around bike with ALL TEH MODS, here you go. All it's missing is a loud pipe for that extra flatulent thumper exhaust note, thank God.

Selling because I impulse bought a Tuono and I'm not made of money or garage space. Already priced fairly low by Australian standards, but I'm pretty amenable to a goon discount.

http://bit.ly/1rR7TKn

prukinski fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 17, 2016

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Looking for a PC3 quickshift sensor of the pull variety. I have a push one I can also trade / sell if someone wants it.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

benwards posted:

I really want to buy that bike but I can't justify that price and having to get it resprung for my weight. I'm only 150 :smith:

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Partial Octopus posted:

I really want to buy that bike but I can't justify that price and having to get it resprung for my weight. I'm only 150 :smith:

Ah well, just as well -- finally sold it tonight. Best of luck with your search!

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco
Selling my 2015 FZ-09. Has 3400 mi, akro exhuast and a couple of other goodies. Located in the DFW area. Still need to clean it and tidy some stuff on it before getting pictures. Thinking about $6500.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
EDIT: 07 SV650 SOLD!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dietcokefiend fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 7, 2016

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Dropped the price on my 2005 Monster 620 IE, please save me from the illiterate people who are attempting to text me on craigslist:
http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/5615004894.html

Located in Asheville NC, goon price of $3200

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Mexican Radio posted:

2001 Suzuki SV650S (track/race/parts only)
Goon price: no reasonable offer refused.

Cheetah fairings, woodcraft rear sets and clip-ons, front and rear sliders, aftermarket chain and sprockets (more low end). Ran great when I was going to the track regularly but has sat for a couple years now since all my track friends moved away :( Now has the typical sat-for-a-while symptoms. Battery is shot and carbs will need service. Started as recently as 6 months ago but would die when throttling on. No title or street parts. Tires are dunlop qualifiers that have good tread but probably too many heat cycles for another track day. This picture is old and it's not this clean now.

This is still in my garage if anyone's interested. Now located near Denver. I'll put it on craigslist again soon, just can't decide if its worth investing in a bit beforehand.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This is kind of a long shot, but if anyone has an original front turn signal for a 1985 Honda Magna, either PM me or post here. I'm looking to buy one.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Ignore this post.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Ignore this post.

You're not my supervisor!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chichevache posted:

You're not my supervisor!

This is my..........3rd best birthday

Powerthirst
Jun 4, 2009
Selling a few things I have no use for because I'm a dipshit.

Arai SAI Face Shield Dark Smoke. $40.00 SOLD

Shoei GT-Air Cheek Pads Size Large (35mm). $40.00 Shipped

My large GT-Air needed XS pads to make it fit right. was only used fr about 15-20 in the store to make sure I didn't get any hot spots on my head.

Powerthirst fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 19, 2016

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.
2015 Honda CB125F for sale

125cc learner legal, 5800 miles, Cat C writeoff

Cheap and cheerful learner machine. Has been dropped on both sides, twice attributable to me (one due to breaking badly, another due to kids loving with it whist parked)

Fairings cracked and scarred in multiple places, but generally looks ok. No scratches / damage to any important bits (forks straight, good tires, engine cover undamaged, etc)

Needs remainder of 5k service (valves and spark plug)

Includes Givi top box (34L) and rack

Selling because I got my full licence and bought a SV650

Have V5C in hand

Goon price £1100 in Zone 1 London, test ride with cash in hand

Pictures coming

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
One of you definitely needs my DR200

Located in Asheville, NC, I'd probably let it go to a cool goon for $1,400
http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/5643252802.html

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
EDIT: SOLD

Minty Swagger fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 21, 2016

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Crosspost: Any of you goons got a 30x30 pair of kevlar-reinforced riding trousers you'd like to sell in the US?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That's the same size I wear! No you cannot have my riding trousers.

I was looking at some ad that Revzilla sent me in the mail; six hundred goddamn American dollars for pants?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

captainOrbital posted:

That's the same size I wear! No you cannot have my riding trousers.

I was looking at some ad that Revzilla sent me in the mail; six hundred goddamn American dollars for pants?

If your wedding tackle isn't worth $600 then I don't know what to tell you.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

...gently caress it I'm not rotating that. Alpinestars leather jacket in blue, I forget what model. Has a zip out liner, shoulder and back inserts.

It's sized 42 US, 52 EU. $150 or best offer, shipped to the continental US.

Dainese 'Vintage Touring' leather jacket. I really liked this one but listened to people telling me to size up and bought one too big from eBay, took too long giving it a chance to break in comfortably.

Size 56 EU. $350 or best offer, shipped to the Continental US.
The Dainese hasn't been down. I landed sideways in my driveway wearing the A*Stars at about 10mph while test riding my KZ750 in April 2015, no visible damage.

Send me a message if interested!

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
unnngnggggg I want that Dainese. Can you give me a hold till I can get to the store and try on a few to see their sizing. If they do run slightly big it should fit, as I'm a 44/54 in Alpinestar sizing.

send me a gmail (same username watch the spelling) so I have your email please!

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nitramster posted:

unnngnggggg I want that Dainese. Can you give me a hold till I can get to the store and try on a few to see their sizing. If they do run slightly big it should fit, as I'm a 44/54 in Alpinestar sizing.

send me a gmail (same username watch the spelling) so I have your email please!

Email'd.

Still have both jackets, looking forward to clearing them out of my house and using the money for something that takes up less closet space.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
My brother is upgrading and selling his ninja 300 for any ATL, GA goons or nearby riders.

It's a 2014 Ninja 300 SE with the anniversary paint (hot green) with 12,000 miles on the clock.
It's got Diablo Rosso IIs with about 2k miles on them and the oil has been changed regularly on the maintenance interval

Has these extras:
-Yoshimura R77 Street Slip-On Exhaust
-Hotbodies GP Windscreen (Black)

He wants 3900 for it but for a goon discount I'm sure we can work something out.

edit: sorry forgot to mention the important part, it has ABS and slipper clutch

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Razzled fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 12, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Hey guys, a friend of mine is selling his '84 FXSB and asked me to post an ad on kijiji. From my understanding he's been trying to sell the bike for years and while I posted a nearly word-for-word copy of what he's used on other ads I can't help but feel like that's a large part of the problem. I know gently caress-all about motorcycles and was wondering if you guys had any advice on how to make this ad more attractive to the target audience:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1181509670

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

"project bike" and "$4500 firm" do not go together.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Also the pictures are poo poo and it has 40K km.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Yeah, a not running bike that clearly has fully rusted brake disks in the photos is not worth anything near 4500 bucks. I suggest listing it at 500 and you might find a sucker willing to bite.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I figured he was asking too much, given how running ones seem to be listed starting around that price. From my understanding, the bike hasn't run in a few years.

E: I sent him a text suggesting that he revisit his price, the rust, and pictures. Also trying to get some more history about the bike so I can make the ad less barebones.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 13, 2016

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Hey goons! You or someone you know / love (or both:heysexy:) want to get into motorcycling and need gear for CHEAP? I have some old gear of mine from when I was a bit huskier than I am looking to offload. I just want to make sure goons have a safe and enjoyable time so I'm letting each of these go for SHIPPING COST ONLY. I live on the east coast in VA so take that into consideration. All of these sans boots fit well when I was 200-220 and 5'10" however your mileage may vary depending on muscle and whatnot. None of these has ever been in an accident.

Fieldsheer Leather Jacket, Full leather and comes with inner liner for cold days. Size Large. (may or may not zip to pants, cant remember sorry!)

Joe Rocket mesh jacket, doesn't come with liner sorry! Size large as well. Minor tear on one of the elbows.

Fieldsheer Pants, Good for size 32 and up although at 32 it would be quite loose. Comes with cold weather liner. Has knee and hip protection.

FULLY TORUQED MX BOOTS BY FLY RACING. THIS BABYS ARE SICK NASTY AND COME WITH A BONUS SCUFF ON THE LEFT SHOE (also maybe spider inside). size 12ish.

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 17, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Hey goons! You or someone you know / love (or both:heysexy:) want to get into motorcycling and need gear for CHEAP? I have some old gear of mine from when I was a bit huskier than I am looking to offload. I just want to make sure goons have a safe and enjoyable time so I'm letting each of these go for SHIPPING COST ONLY. I live on the east coast in VA so take that into consideration. All of these sans boots fit well when I was 200-220 and 5'10" however your mileage may vary depending on muscle and whatnot. None of these has ever been in an accident.

Fieldsheer Leather Jacket, Full leather and comes with inner liner for cold days. Size Large. (may or may not zip to pants, cant remember sorry!)

Joe Rocket mesh jacket, doesn't come with liner sorry! Size large as well. Minor tear on one of the elbows.

Fieldsheer Pants, Good for size 32 and up although at 32 it would be quite loose. Comes with cold weather liner. Has knee and hip protection.

FULLY TORUQED MX BOOTS BY FLY RACING. THIS BABYS ARE SICK NASTY AND COME WITH A BONUS SCUFF ON THE LEFT SHOE (also maybe spider inside). size 12ish.

That's pretty cool of you. I'll let the people who need it get first dibs, but if no one takes that fieldsheer jacket I'd love it (it's going to he gone in hours).

Edit

To keep the good will going, I've got a dealer service manual for the DRZ if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will post pics when I get some. I'm willing to send it out free unless shipping gets over $10.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Chichevache posted:

To keep the good will going, I've got a dealer service manual for the DRZ if anyone is interested. Let me know and I will post pics when I get some. I'm willing to send it out free unless shipping gets over $10.

If it covers the 2003 E model I'd be interested. I don't have PMs hollar at that google mail.

Virgil Vox fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 17, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Virgil Vox posted:

If it covers the 2003 E model I'd be interested. I don't have PMs hollar at mcfarlandbryce on that google mail.

Email sent

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Chichevache posted:

That's pretty cool of you. I'll let the people who need it get first dibs, but if no one takes that fieldsheer jacket I'd love it (it's going to he gone in hours).

Edit

Surprisingly no one else has claimed it yet! I'll give it another day or two and then its all yours.

also boots are gone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Surprisingly no one else has claimed it yet! I'll give it another day or two and then its all yours.

also boots are gone.

Awesome!

Looks like the DRZ manual is going to Virgil. Stay tuned for an upcoming ZRX service manual and a non-running project bike!

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

Dear BC Canada goons: Silver Suzuki SV650s 2003 for sale with 43,582 KM.

I got into riding somewhat impulsively and I bought this bike 2012. I rode it around for a few months, stabilized the fuel and covered it up, then stopped riding for various reasons. Let me tell you a few things about the bike:

The bad!

-$The tires and the chain should be replaced.$ The tires aren't that worn, but the front one has a flat spot from sitting and I figure that's not worth dealing with.
-This bike spent most of its life with me sitting in my yard under a motorcycle cover.
-There's small amounts of rust on bolts/screws here and there, and little tiny specks of rust on the lower triple (apparently that happens to every SV650).
-There's a tiny bit of paint corroding peeled/corroded beneath the coolant drain plug, but it's minor.
-It has its little scratches and dings, and the exhaust has a line of scratches. I was a new rider when I got it, so I dropped the poor bike a couple of times.
-The guy who owned this bike before me misplaced the bolts on the windscreen, so there's four black holes where they should be. I never even noticed when I was buying the drat thing because I was and still am dumb. I ordered some new ones but they're not here, yet.
-The front brake light switch doesn't work sometimes, so I ordered a new one and it's on its way.

The good!

-Clean title. No previous claims or rebuilt B.S.
-As you can tell from the photos, the cover did its job pretty well and the bike is actually pretty clean.
-As I said above, I stabilized the fuel before storage. The bike started first try. I siphoned out the stale gas and put new stuff in.
-I replaced the battery and have kept it on a tender.
-I bled the brakes, flushed and replaced the coolant, and changed the oil + filter.
-I rode it around a bit and it seemed fine (except for the tire flat-spot).

The previous owner installed a flasher for the brakes, but other than that it's completely stock AFAIK.

The price I would list it at on Kijiji/Craigslist would be maybe $2000 CAD, but there's very few SV650s listed to compare to. Anyway, the price is workable, and I wanted to see if any goons were interested before I listed it in the wild.

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010

My brother is just getting into riding, and the Fieldsheer jacket and pants would be about the right size for him!

Nevermind, this stuff is the wrong size.

tasty food fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessican
Jul 28, 2005

Any SF Bay Area goons interested in a 2004 Honda Hornet 599? I just posted it on Craigslist, but I'd love to see it go to a goon: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5688835887.html

It has ~28k miles, ~5k of which are mine. I stopped riding two years ago after seeing one too many crashes. It's a great bike, I'm sad to see it go - but I need the money more than the bike and it's honestly too powerful (and too tall) for me at this point, so I just don't feel safe getting back on it. :smith: If I decide to ride again, I'll get something with a little less horsepower.

Title is clean, registration is paid through January 2017, tires are in great condition. It's been sitting under a cover while I haven't been riding, so it's in pretty good condition. I think it's pretty much stock, although the previous owner did replace the handlebars with ones that makes it more sport and less standard/upright. I replaced the battery and dumped some seafoam in it, and it starts up great. If anyone's interested, PM me (or email me through the craigslist link). I'm asking $3k on CL, but I'm flexible.

As an aside, that 2006 FZ6 in the background is shortly going to be for sale as well. Roommate's bike, he went down and shattered his collarbone, so he's getting it fixed up and ready to sell. Drop me a PM if you're interested in that one.