Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Two posters have shown up who are eager for a race war, one on each side. They are ignoring each other to argue with the people who don't want a race war. How loving stupid is that.

What do they have to argue about? They both want the race war!

Furnaceface posted:

Has Trump said anything dumb yet? If not, this has got to be a record.

No, he also hasn't posted the convention schedule like he said he would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Give him time, a big fart takes time to brew.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Furnaceface posted:

Dude's on Eastern time, he's probably asleep. For now.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

BonoMan posted:

CNN is still saying gunfire and negotiations (which, I'm guessing if gunfire is involved - the negotiations aren't going that well) are being exchanged at the parking garage?

Yup, and El Centro College still has students and staff inside on lockdown. Presumably the shooter can't reach them from the parking garage, though.

Live coverage by local news: http://www.wfaa.com/news/wfaa-breaking-news/32629471

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 8, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It's 2:24, why am I still awake watching the stream of a local news station in Dallas

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/RikerGoogling/status/751299247266340865

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Anyone who thinks a domestic insurrection against the US government would succeed in 2016 without pretty much the entire military defecting including the upper brass doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about.

why does this bad and wrong post still get posted? hasn't this been tested enough in the real world? was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED the last headline you saw?

bango skank posted:

No, it's more the logical conclusion of the police murdering black people with impunity and never facing any repercussions over it. I don't know how much of a poo poo eating mongoloid you have to be to blame one reaction to oppression on another reaction to that same oppression instead of the initial cause but then again having the most reprehensible opinions on every subject is kind of your gimmick, isnt it?

you were the kid that flew off the handle and hit people whenever you were slighted, even on accident, then claimed HE MADE ME DO IT when confronted about your overreaction

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

The stampede of 'experts' for the microphone has left even trump in the dust

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

rookie mistake to not have just shot him as he was being slowly wheeled past them imo

But then instead of one enemy they now have to deal with the Ocelot Unit. That's 3-5 enemies per map section.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Atrocious Joe posted:

If this was previously planned by a group waiting for a protest for cover it's weirdly close to what happened in Benghazi

Have all the mods checked in yet? :ohdear:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

If this was previously planned by a group waiting for a protest for cover it's weirdly close to what happened in Benghazi

That offputting devotion does actually seem to help them keep crowds disciplined when they attend protests.

If they, or a group like them, was behind this, that would be the absolute worst case. It'd indicate a bona fide racial domestic terror organization in the US, with the radicalization and discipline/organization needed to be able to actually execute it (ie carry out coordinate attacks, have a cell org structure that keeps them from being destroyed in the short term, etc). It'd be a mess.

I'm hoping its just a few angry shits who got guns and whom got lucky with their attack.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 8, 2016

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

JT Jag posted:

It's 2:24, why am I still awake watching the stream of a local news station in Dallas

They have you caught in their... Circumference

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Furnaceface posted:

Paul Manafort has a cell-phone blocker installed in Trump's limos.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Epic High Five posted:

Is "they" allowable? Because I switched to gender neutral language awhile back and refuse to change again

Like, I respect your desire to be comfortable in how you're addressed but some of us have to converse with hundreds of people a day. Coworkers though I will go out of my way to accommodate them because I mean come on, that's just common sense

No thats incorrect, They is pural and thus only works with pural antecedents. Then again enlgish is a living langauge blah blah blah its rules are a loving mess. I find it odd people avoid the genter neutral word "it" I know some ESL speakers who use a unversal pronoun that translate into "that one". When they have a brain fart.

DolphinCop posted:

if someone asks you to refer to them a specific way and you continue referring to them in a different way, it's obviously just you being disrespectful. even if you think it sounds stupid. especially if you think it sounds stupid. it's an incredibly small thing to comply with and if you can't throw that bone out to the people who do care how they're talked to then you're a jackass

The whole transistion thing can get alittle tricky I personally go by the epoch method, Bruce Jenner won the gold medal, and was in the TV show chips. Catlyin jenner is the woman who had the sucky reality tv show. If someone knows your old name and use it out of habbit, seems minor thing. If you change and dont tell people your old name then it should be simple to prevent.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

bango skank posted:

No, it's more the logical conclusion of the police murdering black people with impunity and never facing any repercussions over it. I don't know how much of a poo poo eating mongoloid you have to be to blame one reaction to oppression on another reaction to that same oppression instead of the initial cause but then again having the most reprehensible opinions on every subject is kind of your gimmick, isnt it?

I agree: there is a logic in murder. These shooters, regardless of their ultimate identity, should be commended for their blow against the establishment

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Dicky mouse posted:

No thats incorrect, They is pural and thus only works with pural antecedents. Then again enlgish is a living langauge blah blah blah its rules are a loving mess. I find it odd people avoid the genter neutral word "it" I know some ESL speakers who use a unversal pronoun that translate into "that one". When they have a brain fart.

The whole transistion thing can get alittle tricky I personally go by the epoch method, Bruce Jenner won the gold medal, and was in the TV show chips. Catlyin jenner is the woman who had the sucky reality tv show. If someone knows your old name and use it out of habbit, seems minor thing. If you change and dont tell people your old name then it should be simple to prevent.

Singular "they" dates back hundreds of years also holy poo poo Dallas is a war zone why did you bring this back up

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

semper wifi posted:

why does this bad and wrong post still get posted? hasn't this been tested enough in the real world? was MISSION ACCOMPLISHED the last headline you saw?

I made a similar post earlier with more details, but putting down an insurrection in a country half way across the world as a non-native peace keeping force had a ton of logistical difficulties that aren't issues in a domestic insurrection.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PhazonLink posted:

But then instead of one enemy they now have to deal with the Ocelot Unit. That's 3-5 enemies per map section.

That's why the standoff is taking so long. Just do the Oscelot cry, guys.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ban white people from being police officers.

This would work great actually, I approve.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dicky mouse posted:

"They" has pretty firmly taken on the role of gender-neutral singular pronoun. "It" has connotations of non-sapience.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I made a similar post earlier with more details, but putting down an insurrection in a country half way across the world as a non-native peace keeping force had a ton of logistical difficulties that aren't issues in a domestic insurrection.

i want to respond but i also dont want to begin clancychat

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
To me it as a pronoun is dehumanizing, I can't recall using it for anything other than an object or plant/animal

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Furnaceface posted:

While this has all been going on Trump has been engaged in a high speed pursuit of an aide/chaperone in an attempt to get his confiscated phone back and thank his supporters for the congrats

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Seems like the police are moving in on the last suspect, which is what I need to go to sleep

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
color me shocked as poo poo that there was actually a 2nd (or 3rd?) dude involved in this thing.. and apparently one of them is possibly a woman?

I wonder how these crazy people managed to find each other and organize this without tipping off the cops or the government.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Litany Unheard posted:

Singular "they" dates back hundreds of years also holy poo poo Dallas is a war zone why did you bring this back up

I like to think they're posting as they catch up and haven't gotten to the Dallas shootings part of the thread yet

"It" strikes me as extremely insulting in the same way "boy" would be

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Starsfan posted:

color me shocked as poo poo that there was actually a 2nd (or 3rd?) dude involved in this thing.. and apparently one of them is possibly a woman?

I wonder how these crazy people managed to find each other and organize this without tipping off the cops or the government.

good chance it starts with r/ whatever it is.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Starsfan posted:

Isn't the government not allowed (by fear of Republican fury/defunding) to monitor right wing websites and poo poo?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Someone on the Fox stream needs to put their loving cell phone on vibrate

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Furnaceface posted:

Manafort is literally sitting on Trump who is reaching with all his might for his phone.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dicky mouse posted:

No thats incorrect, They is pural and thus only works with pural antecedents.

Shakespeare used singular they.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Give him time, a big fart takes time to brew.

This made me laugh. Thank you. :)

Starsfan posted:

farmersonly dot com

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

disjoe posted:

Someone on the Fox stream needs to put their loving cell phone on vibrate

:lol: they're just ignoring Trump and leaving it on loud so he hears it on the broadcast and knows they're ignoring him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
That Bundy nut shooting was a couple.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Is it just speculation in this thread that they're white nationalists or is there a source out there with some sort of identifying info on them?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Teddybear posted:

Is it just speculation in this thread that they're white nationalists or is there a source out there with some sort of identifying info on them?

Absolute speculation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/?ftag=CNMdaef904

The camo guy is alive and appears uninjured but exhausted. Seems more than a little pissed about being tagged as a shooter and says the cops kept telling him they had video of him shooting people when they were interrogating him.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 8, 2016

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Teddybear posted:

I've yet to see anything.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Teddybear posted:

complete speculation

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Teddybear posted:

I'm not aware of any such proof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Teddybear posted:

speculation

• Locked thread