Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Weird, people in real life tend to [be] pretty cool, while internet people seem to be angry buttholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

people are pussies irl

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Defiance posted:

:shittypop: another golden post from a stupid charred-up human being

wow rude

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can I like start an AR treasure hunt and send a bunch of kids to find Pokemon inside crack houses

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Can I like start an AR treasure hunt and send a bunch of kids to find Pokemon inside crack houses

A wild rapist appeared!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
since this is an f2p game will parents be getting $5000 phone bills next month?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kindermord posted:

since this is an f2p game will parents be getting $5000 phone bills next month?

Yes

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Weird, people in real life tend to think this is pretty cool, while internet people seem to be angry buttholes about it

Nah Pokemon is crazy stupid

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I'm waiting for reports of a lure being set out by a man in a white van promising free Pokeman candy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TeeMerk posted:

I'm waiting for reports of a lure being set out by a man in a white van promising free Pokeman candy.

Well there's already a story about muggers camping out near spots with rare pokemen.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

etalian posted:

Well there's already a story about muggers camping out near spots with rare pokemen.

"No Ma'am I am not taking photos of your children in this park, I am hunting the pokemans" --- 58 yo sex offender parolee

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Pokemon GO Webster episode

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
how fat are you OP? Only extreme fats consider walking "exercise"

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Nintendo still gets royalties from this, right? It will probably single-handedly bring the company back from the brink that clickbait article titles assure me they are on

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
My experience of Pokemon Go so far is Zubats. Zubats everywhere.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Thank you

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
6 of my friends I saw this weekend are playing this

I downloaded it

there's pokeballs all over my block

i dont know poo poo about pokemon but god drat there are a poo poo ton of balls everywhere

i just find and take pictures of all the balls

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
This game is good and fun and my office has like 3 pokestops in range of it i dont even have to move to catch them all

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Every intersection that has people holding their phones and looking around are people playing this game

i cant stop at a block with my phone out without strangers asking me about pokemons

ha

two more people doing same thing

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Found a couple new interesting restaurants walking around scopin out balls

this app rules

i have no clue what i actually do with these pokemons

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

im sure youre a hit at parties*

* - you don't get invited to parties

* - by people who don't go outside unless there is a videogame that tricks them into doing it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A tauros spawned on top of my house. I haven't used a lure or anything, but okay stuff keeps spawning near me to where i dont have to walk to get it, or i have to like maybe, open my door and walk to the road.

The local gym is a masonic lodge and i'm sure for sure i'm gonna get arrested for walking around it with a phone.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hemophilia posted:

A tauros spawned on top of my house. I haven't used a lure or anything, but okay stuff keeps spawning near me to where i dont have to walk to get it, or i have to like maybe, open my door and walk to the road.

The local gym is a masonic lodge and i'm sure for sure i'm gonna get arrested for walking around it with a phone.

I'm pretty sure the game gives you a few freebies every couple hours so you don't even have to leave the house to catch pokemons you loving fat piece of lazy poo poo

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nintendo stock up 40% since July 6th when the app was released lol faaaaaaaaaaaaart

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm pretty sure the game gives you a few freebies every couple hours so you don't even have to leave the house to catch pokemons you loving fat piece of lazy poo poo

Honestly, nintendo pulled off a stunt that's making me go around town. I was just at that lodge and the loving app wouldnt load the location so i said gently caress it, got my mail from the post office, which was also alocation that wouldn't load, went home, but yeah using nostalgia for pokemon blue and silver, they've tricked me into doing things that requires walking. I guess I could drive but I'm also very poor and even though gas is cheap i dont loving wanna waste it on an augmented reality game lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i caught all the pokemen

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I walk around town and try to find drugs

i call it Lost Drugs GO, my most powerful high scores are from concert or events nights when dumb millenials go out and drop things because theyre loving dumb

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I love Pokemon more than most, but man sitting here at work I'm 100% tired of hearing people gab about this. One dude said he had caught over 100 then asked what a Pokedex is. Fads are fads I know, but this one is still blowing my drat mind. I'm super duper lazy and hate work too, but geeesh I'm wanting to tell people "get back to work already" and it's only 9:30am here hah.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drunk & Ugly posted:

I walk around town and try to find drugs

i call it Lost Drugs GO, my most powerful high scores are from concert or events nights when dumb millenials go out and drop things because theyre loving dumb

hey man if you're candyflipping and a would-be capitalist who brought a sheet of acid to sell to people you can't help it when you peak on both at the same time and drop it. You can be stephen loving hawking but i guarantee you'll still find a way to lose everything but your pants and maybe even those.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Tyson Tomko posted:

I love Pokemon more than most, but man sitting here at work I'm 100% tired of hearing people gab about this. One dude said he had caught over 100 then asked what a Pokedex is. Fads are fads I know, but this one is still blowing my drat mind. I'm super duper lazy and hate work too, but geeesh I'm wanting to tell people "get back to work already" and it's only 9:30am here hah.

fuckin casual trash ruining my obsession over a children's game franchise

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tyson Tomko posted:

Are you seriously whining about fads in the pokemon thread? Like you're 'into pokemon more than most' but you can't relate to the all consuming fire in your soul that it can generate? You didn't, yourself, go through the late 90s obsessively trading and battling cards, buying gameboys solely to play pokemon games, watching that awful loving anime, buying actual pokedex books, watching the movies with enthusiasm, all that poo poo?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Don't read into my Monday morning bitching too much. Just saying I'm not making fun of people for liking Pokemon, I'm making fun of them for hopping on a mega fad bandwagon just because it's cool so yeah I am bitching about a fad, guilty. And no I just played Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver, didn't touch cards or later games (yet anyway, X/Y and Sun/Moon sound cool)

Tuxedo Gin posted:

fuckin casual trash ruining my obsession over a children's game franchise

This game could be about soccer or anything else and I'd still be tired of hearing everyone talk about it. I slack off with the best of them but geesh at least pretend like you're at work instead of walking around starting at your phone.

That being said though it's cool as poo poo hearing soccer moms asking what a Ratatta is and poo poo. Makes me feel like a mad genius dropping knowledge like "Ekans is snake spelled backwards" hah yes.

This game has magic powers I swear. It even has me wanting to go outside on my lunch break and scout around so I can't really blame everyone else. It's nostalgia and collecting that's feeding my urge, maybe it's the fadness and collectability/rivalry that's attracting everyone else.

--- Haha I just got invited to the official work Pokemon Go slack channel, so I'm just as bad as everyone else I'm giving poo poo.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 11, 2016

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i just want to say i think this is horrible and dumb and i hope you all get robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My wife, who knows nothing about pokemons (neither do i,) spent all of Saturday running around Portland playing Pokemons Go. The only reason why she got the game is because her girlfriend told her to play because there is some sort of teams.

• Locked thread