Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Definitely wait until you have at least 50 rubies for a QA otherwise your first transcension will be painfully slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?
Clicker Heroes question:
I seem to not be understanding the ancients that you spend ancient souls to empower.

I have a level 5 Xyliqil, which according to the text should give me +500% effect to all idle bonuses; with a level 1 Siyalatas (+150% idle dps), shouldn't this mean I have +650% damage when idle?

My active dps number is currently 34,949, and idle dps is 87,373 - that's only a little over +200%, so what am I missing or not understanding about how these are supposed to interact?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

GB_Sign posted:

I should probably do a purge of "Late to the Party" since I see a few people not progressing. I don't know who is who though, and some of the people might have joined through "Random Clan". So, if you are a in Late to the Party and still active, let me know so I don't kick.

I'm in Late to the Party as 2xNegative and still active as of yesterday afternoon.

Relatedly transcendence is amazing. If you had asked me five days ago what I'd do with 47,000 souls I wouldn't have had an answer, and yet here we are.

The answer seems to be "more Morgulis" according to my calculator.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

wonderboy posted:

Clicker Heroes question:
I seem to not be understanding the ancients that you spend ancient souls to empower.

I have a level 5 Xyliqil, which according to the text should give me +500% effect to all idle bonuses; with a level 1 Siyalatas (+150% idle dps), shouldn't this mean I have +650% damage when idle?

My active dps number is currently 34,949, and idle dps is 87,373 - that's only a little over +200%, so what am I missing or not understanding about how these are supposed to interact?

If your Siyatalas is showing +150% that is with the idle bonuses already applied.

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?
ok, so it's a multiplier, not additive, thanks

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The great thing about transcendence that doesn't seem to be on some of the guide/FAQ pages I've seen is that the absolute minimum primal souls you can now get from a boss is 20, starting at level 105 (100 is still just 1). So while the beginning is an absolute slog once again, once you hit that level, you're golden.

Unfortunately I'm still down here at level 69 (nice) so I have a ways to go. :negative:

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

This is the only real detailed post I have been able to find about allocating Ancient Souls. One thing to keep in mind is every time you Transcend you can choose the option to respec and get 100% of your AS back so don't worry about getting stuck if you try something and it isn't working out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClickerHeroes/comments/4nah1x/discussion_on_how_to_allocate_as/

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Trying to be Late to the Party as Cazaam. Transcending is strange, might have done it wrong, but we'll see.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
If the goon Clicker Heroes clan is full up, feel free to apply to my empty-but-for-me one, "Richard Milhous Clickson"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Color Printer posted:

The great thing about transcendence that doesn't seem to be on some of the guide/FAQ pages I've seen is that the absolute minimum primal souls you can now get from a boss is 20, starting at level 105 (100 is still just 1). So while the beginning is an absolute slog once again, once you hit that level, you're golden.

Unfortunately I'm still down here at level 69 (nice) so I have a ways to go. :negative:
That's why you really want to transcend only when you have at least 50 Rubies for a Quick Ascension - the soul gain formula on that is floored at 7, which is enough to get Siyalatas or Libertas and put a level or two in it. Helps you ride to 105.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Spent a month away from Realm Grinder, which was not the best time for a total UI overhaul. I need to refresh myself on the features but now they're all in different places with different icons.

In other idle news, Tap My Katamari is now finally available for mobile in regions other than New Zealand. It's a fairly standard clicker, but one difference is that the upgrades available for the different "buildings" (cousins, in this game) are random and can be rerolled. So you could theoretically spec out all your upgrades to focus on critical hit chance for active play, or increased power for cousins for idle play.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

RG update: bigger fonts!

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
That was about a week ago, don't get too excited since most text is still small and bad. The big change is the massively-better research screen.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

With equality (in RG)

can i do 1d 12 min of each faction or does it have to be 3 days total?

This is my 2nd attempt and i slept in ....

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Meskhenet posted:

With equality (in RG)

can i do 1d 12 min of each faction or does it have to be 3 days total?

This is my 2nd attempt and i slept in ....

1 day 12 min of each alignment is fine. They have to be close to each other, not to the 1d mark.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The total must be at least 3 days, not exactly 3 days - more important is the alignments being within 60 seconds of each other.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

1 day 12 min of each alignment is fine. They have to be close to each other, not to the 1d mark.

omg so i could have fixed my previous one >< lol. Thanks for the info.

Its weird though, the first few R's took days each, then i went from 7 to 12 in a day, and i knocked out all the 2nd challenges too (well i still have the prestige ones)

Saikonate
Jun 23, 2007
Naysayer
Fun Shoe

Meskhenet posted:

omg so i could have fixed my previous one >< lol. Thanks for the info.

Its weird though, the first few R's took days each, then i went from 7 to 12 in a day, and i knocked out all the 2nd challenges too (well i still have the prestige ones)

Get ready to hit a big goddamn wall from 14-16.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Bloodlines are great because they come at exactly the time where the idea of doing the first Qa gems AGAIN sounds awful.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Saikonate posted:

Im actually ok with walls, as long as i dont have to actively play. So i guess some evil merc builds will be coming my way.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Saikonate posted:

And then have your friendly local goon direct you to the existence of the "Know Your Enemy, Part I" artifact, available starting at R12, which unlocks a really nice upgrade for mercs which largely dissolves that wall. (It's still a bit of a hump, but nothing too major.)

Saikonate
Jun 23, 2007
Naysayer
Fun Shoe

Vil posted:

And then have your friendly local goon direct you to the existence of the "Know Your Enemy, Part I" artifact, available starting at R12, which unlocks a really nice upgrade for mercs which largely dissolves that wall. (It's still a bit of a hump, but nothing too major.)

Yeah, I snagged that about 100 DvG into R15. R17-18 is yet again awful if you have any other magical upgrades I might be missing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Get the Vanilla Flavor Juice artifact.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i didn't know about know your enemy until i was 2 abdications from 18

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Saikonate posted:

Yeah, I snagged that about 100 DvG into R15. R17-18 is yet again awful if you have any other magical upgrades I might be missing.

Research, which you can start at R16. While doing all the unlocks are a pain, once they're sorted you kinda blaze through until R23 or so.

Saikonate
Jun 23, 2007
Naysayer
Fun Shoe

Vil posted:

Research, which you can start at R16.

Well yeah duh :p. Even with research it took ages to get from 16-17, but I think my build just sucked. I'm sick of the mercenary phase of the game at this point, but it was pretty short this time, and once I got rolling in research again I stumbled across some builds that made things much easier. I'm almost to R18 now, things are moving at a pretty good clip. Thanks!

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think I've seen Crank mentioned yet. It starts out with kind of a Dark Room vibe and goes some neat places. Bit of a slow start, but I've had fun with it today.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

a messed up horse posted:

I don't think I've seen Crank mentioned yet. It starts out with kind of a Dark Room vibe and goes some neat places. Bit of a slow start, but I've had fun with it today.

The start of this game is bad, bad, bad, bad, bad. Metal takes way too long to get and it doesn't even tell you how many you need to fix the computer or how much power to do.....anything. I'm sure it gets better but god the very beginning is the most miserable idle game experience I've ever had. I guess it nails but the atmosphere but it makes the gameplay suck as a result.

EDIT: It also doesn't update when you go to another tab so lol nope, goodbye crank

EDIT 2: Oh the very first system upgrade tells you stuff. That's sorta neat from an atmosphere/style perspective I guess but...

I know I'm complaining about only 10 minutes of gameplay but it was enough to turn me the gently caress off

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 14, 2016

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it doesn't update in another tab, it's one you've got to run in a separate window.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012
Indefensible. It is not that hard to have something update in the background at a reasonable rate.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
If it helps, it doesn't matter it doesn't run in tabs. After putting a few hours in, I've still not unlocked any actual automation beyond power and the dumb queue system - rather than telling the game to make a resource, you tell the game to make a certain amount of resource. You have to spend resources to upgrade the maximum amount you can queue, so you have to spend what feels like hours of getting no actual progress just to be able to look at another window - if you stop producing metal, you can't create more crankbots when they break down, so you get no power and the game stops anyway.

This is definitely the worst darkroom style game I've seen.

Edit: apparently, at a high enough queue level, you can set something to produce infinite. This makes the game so much better but, of course, is not mentioned anywhere.

MorphineMike fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 14, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

MorphineMike posted:

If it helps, it doesn't matter it doesn't run in tabs. After putting a few hours in, I've still not unlocked any actual automation beyond power and the dumb queue system - rather than telling the game to make a resource, you tell the game to make a certain amount of resource. You have to spend resources to upgrade the maximum amount you can queue, so you have to spend what feels like hours of getting no actual progress just to be able to look at another window - if you stop producing metal, you can't create more crankbots when they break down, so you get no power and the game stops anyway.

This is definitely the worst darkroom style game I've seen.

Edit: apparently, at a high enough queue level, you can set something to produce infinite. This makes the game so much better but, of course, is not mentioned anywhere.

Yeah, it's basically why I stopped playing even though I got infinite production on almost everything and got some ways into space travel. It's got ideas but constantly having to put in way more effort than an idle game should in my mind ask for turns what could be neat into a slog.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hmm. I suspect my years of playing MMOs have warped my idea of tedium in games. Oh well, sorry you guys don't like it. v:shobon:v I've got limitless power from solar panels and hundreds of crankbots now, and am trying to decrypt all these messages I found.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm enjoying Crank so far, but I can very easily see why some people wouldn't like it. It needs way more plate-spinning and baby sitting than a normal idle game

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Crank does get to a point of running on it's own, but last time I played it (about 4 months ago) there is no end game. It's going to take a hell of an update to get me to play it again. It was fun for a while though.

Was going to post a game save, but it looks like I don't have one. And the fact I have saves for about 20 other idle games both good and bad should tell you what I thought of it by the time I got to the 'end'.

E: Forgot a word.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 17, 2016

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
It takes about 2 days beat crank. It has some terrible design choices early but it does get kinda dark room later on.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
It is for mobile phones but Egg Inc is a pretty decent idler/clicker. It is something as rare as a mobile idler that isn't a flat out clone of AdCap and does several innovative things.

The offline timer is 2 hours capped if you don't sink money into the game and the unlock for more offline time (10 hours i believe) is fairly expensive (55 NOK, so i guess around $8) If this had been more reasonably priced i probably would have bought it. The game does have the standard IAP currency (golden eggs) but you get a ton of them from daily gifts and the stuff you unlock with them is not particularly important.

Hot tip: When holding down the button to spawn more chickens, click on one of the menus while doing so, this "locks in" the chicken spawning button so you don't have to manually hold it down.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

The offline timer is 2 hours capped if you don't sink money into the game and the unlock for more offline time (10 hours i believe) is fairly expensive (55 NOK, so i guess around $8) If this had been more reasonably priced i probably would have bought it.

It's $4.99 USD. I'm a bit into the game now and I don't feel like it's a big deal to have that, though that may change. The game is cute with nice viduals, I'm enjoying it so far. I would say the golden egg upgrade that lets you hold down the button for chickens is a nice quality of life thing.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

It's pretty fun for a clicker and the hold button down tech is something I wish all clickers would adopt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Eldercain posted:

It takes about 2 days beat crank. It has some terrible design choices early but it does get kinda dark room later on.

I gave up after RNG decided I wasn't going to get the access codes for tech level 3 sectors. I had it running over night to cash in on solar panel research so I sort of defeated the point of Crank! :shrug: