Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirStiansen
Mar 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

it's more just about the fact that there are complicated geo-politics at play here and really if they were all Buddhists instead of Muslims we'd still probably have just as much terrorism coming from the region

chalking it up to Islam is an easy oversimplification that will help us solve nothing at all

So what are you saying ? That behind the scenes are middle-eastern countries that use ISIS/Al qaeda as a front for theyr own cause of world chaos ? Perhaps, but why would they use their own religion as part of that front that will eventually backfire on them ?

I dont think its so difficult really. I believe lack of education, no hope (in their own countries) and propaganda in their communities and mosque create these killers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FourLeaf posted:

How many Muslims live in South America though?

idk probably enough

rear end cobra posted:

Glass the middle east imo. As in put a big glass dome around it kind of like that town in that lovely tv show.

I'm kinda really just coming around to "block off the borders and let that poo poo sort itself out for 50 years or so then check back in then." Maybe take some refugees but idk at this point even.

SirStiansen posted:

So what are you saying ? That behind the scenes are middle-eastern countries that use ISIS/Al qaeda as a front for theyr own cause of world chaos ? Perhaps, but why would they use their own religion as part of that front that will eventually backfire on them ?

I dont think its so difficult really. I believe lack of education, no hope (in their own countries) and propaganda in their communities and mosque create these killers.

It's a proxy war between Shia v Sunni for dominance in the region that has grown out of control. Think of the Cold War between capitalists and communists resulting in proxy conflicts in Korea/Vietnam/etc. and you'll be close to the mark.

There's a reason the Saudis ain't taking any refugees except the absolute bare minimum necessary to go 'see we're taking refugees!'

quote:

that definitely does not help. even so, someone is organizing and funneling money to these groups. someone is buying their oil. someone is supplying them with arms and munitions.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 14, 2016

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Olympics have to be a huge target :\

the olympics will take care of themselves, trust me

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

muslims manage to kill hundreds on multiple continents and butch jones still cant beat florida

:(

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Those fish are sucking that bird's dick!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Increase Truck Security, full-body scans at every truckport. Who taught this man how to drive a truck?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Olympics have to be a huge target :\

the good news is that they could possibly be thwarted by Brazil's native murderousness- i.e. it's hard to conduct a terror attack when you've already been killed in a robbery or a shootout between the police and favela gangs.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Calling it now hashtag #Nice becomes the spicy new meme this weekend.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

More like Not Nice, France

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
Someone needs to ban this god drat Pokemon game....too many idiots driving while playing

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
drat that went from 30 to 60 real fast.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Moridin920 posted:

I'm kinda really just coming around to "block off the borders and let that poo poo sort itself out for 50 years or so then check back in then." Maybe take some refugees but idk at this point even.

it would be racist to not let these people destroy our way of life. how dare you???

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
This wouldnt have happened if the French had trucks

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

ISIS is going to be red in the face when they realize that Europeans are like those serial killers that go through a huge killing spurt for a decade then stop suddenly and spend the next twenty years wearing nice sweaters and teaching bible study until they snap again.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

drowningidiot posted:

drat that went from 30 to 60 real fast.

just like that truck did heyo

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
mamma mia thats-a spicey meatsa ball!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

it would be racist to not let these people destroy our way of life. how dare you???

look they can explode all they want just keep it local ya know

Digital Fingers posted:

ISIS is going to be red in the face when they realize that Europeans are like those serial killers that go through a huge killing spurt for a decade then stop suddenly and spend the next twenty years wearing nice sweaters and teaching bible study until they snap again.

I seriously feel like some Western country is going to elect some right wing nutto and yeah that'll be that for ISIS because no one else is going to stop that country from just going full bore.

or not idk but drat.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
drat machine gun joe, at it again with the white van

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

yeah and who do you think is organizing and recruiting? a bunch of true believers or probably more likely a bunch of power hungry nutjobs funded by Saudi Arabia/Yemen/Qatar/UAE/Iran?

is Allah buying ISIS' oil?

tell that to the Tamil Tigers

The Tamil Tigers aren't operating in multiple nations because the Tamil Tigers don't have sympathetic ppl they can use for support and cover because there is nothing in their religion which compels the believer to commit their lives to holy war.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Think those truck hoppers in Calais will take the day off?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

oh good morondin is already here

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Truck Driver was just high on K2 everyone it's ok it was just a big mistake

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ethanol posted:

more like BORE-odin

lmao hes such a dink

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there's a whole market out there who wants 69 dead

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

The Tamil Tigers aren't operating in multiple nations because the Tamil Tigers don't have sympathetic ppl they can use for support and cover because there is nothing in their religion which compels the believer to commit their lives to holy war.

look I don't want to poo poo up the thread so soon so I'ma just make this one post in reply but that's just silly man the Sri Lankan civil war lasted for ~26 years and killed 100,000 people in a nation that had less than 20m to begin with (that's the size of LA county basically).

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
all loving muslims must loving hang

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Furthermore,

Cartouche posted:

Military style automatic transmission assault truck.

lol!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

morondin paid his wikipedia subscription this month

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Maybe he was an Uber driver just trying to get his guy to the airport on time.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ethanol posted:

yeah but arbitraryc still hasn't shown up

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

look they can explode all they want just keep it local ya know

I seriously feel like some Western country is going to elect some right wing nutto and yeah that'll be that for ISIS because no one else is going to stop that country from just going full bore.

or not idk but drat.

most of the non-US western countries lack any serious expeditionary capability though, especially if they can't take advantage of NATO resources

France has some IIRC, they might be one of the only European countries well positioned to ramp up into full scale genocide mode in a timely manner

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
ISIS is actually a pawn of the candle industry who have felt threatened by the new digital age and must continue by ensuring thousands of candle lit vigils

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Driver has been neutralized

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Neutralized.... to death!!!

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Digital Fingers posted:

it was a fluke that white people were able to subjugate almost the entire planet. the west is not nearing a point of full conflagration that will result in the biggest massacre ever seen. liberal is the right way to think and will continue to remain so forevermore :)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

religio delenda est

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LGD posted:

most of the non-US western countries lack any serious expeditionary capability though, especially if they can't take advantage of NATO resources

France has some IIRC, they might be one of the only European countries well positioned to ramp up into full scale genocide mode in a timely manner

Yeah that's true I suppose but if they get some far right wing dude in there they might very well gear up in preparation for something. France if nothing else has the 3rd biggest stockpile of nuclear weapons.

FuhrerHat posted:

religio delenda est

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kumo posted:

Some guys drove a truck in and started shooting.

http://www.lemonde.fr/police-justic...89_1653578.html

https://twitter.com/ILNewsFlash/status/753704229366337536

Don't know much else at this point.

Edit: Report of as many as 30 dead.

The Telegraph is reporting 60 dead: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/14/truck-crashes-into-crowd-at-bastille-day-celebrations-in-nice2/

maybe france should let muslim ladies wear their headscarves or whatever muslims are pissed at france about

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

just like that truck did heyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

it was a fluke that white people were able to subjugate almost the entire planet. the west is not nearing a point of full conflagration that will result in the biggest massacre ever seen. liberal is the right way to think and will continue to remain so forevermore :)

O-K

• Locked thread