Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I should probably just be more straightforward, but didn't sleep much so am a bit loopy.

Posting your role PM is modkillable. I'm not sure if IllegallySober read Taste's post carefully enough, as it explicitly says he is Town-Aligned

In order for Taste to post that role PM, he would have to have role PM that says he can post a fake role PM in the thread.

I don't think it's a suspicious post by IS necessarily, just trying to lead him through the logic required for his assertions/vote to make sense.

Clarification:

I'll state for the record that in re-reading that I didn't realize it actually explicitly said Taste was town-aligned. Should have gone back and checked that.

However, even so (and I fully admit this is like my 6th or 7th game total of Mafia so I don't know everything), is it not possible that he could have a 3P role that allows him to post his role PM with the only difference being that he says he's town instead of 3P?

I'll back off on the scum claim for him until somebody can clarify. I still don't understand why if he's being truthful he would do those actions in the order he did. It makes way more logical sense to me to post the role PM first before the other action.

And I still believe Asiina is telling the truth.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Infinitum posted:

If I don't magically die, remember Kash is lying.

Cause he said I passed the test, then I failed.
So he can't change anything.

And we lynch all liars.

This is the dumbest thing in the world. If you don't magically die, then OF COURSE Kash is lying because he said you would. You don't need to double down and prove his lying to us at that point, Inf.

I am liking Inf for scum or 3p. Looking like his Shine II play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Clarification:

I'll state for the record that in re-reading that I didn't realize it actually explicitly said Taste was town-aligned. Should have gone back and checked that.

However, even so (and I fully admit this is like my 6th or 7th game total of Mafia so I don't know everything), is it not possible that he could have a 3P role that allows him to post his role PM with the only difference being that he says he's town instead of 3P?

I'll back off on the scum claim for him until somebody can clarify. I still don't understand why if he's being truthful he would do those actions in the order he did. It makes way more logical sense to me to post the role PM first before the other action.

##unvote

No it is pretty much impossible. Changing alignment of a role PM would be a complete bastard move by the mod.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

You know this doesn't actually work because if you are trying to get Jimson lynched by claiming a N0 investigation, then chances are pretty high that several scum members wouldn't be on the lynch because they would know his alignment and know you were lying.

TMM spending a lot of time trying to talk to Asiina who has ignored him. Odd choice.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote TMM

Won't answer the lie detector.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

No it is pretty much impossible. Changing alignment of a role PM would be a complete bastard move by the mod.

Okay, fair enough then.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Your Personal Muse posted:

You are looking for things that are scummy instead of scum. Its like you are playing with a checklist and posting anytime you see something that is scummy off that checklist.

For example your dumb vote on Asiina. Out of all the things, you chose that she said that it was not a joke when claiming that Jimson was scum.

I like this and I like YPM for town a lot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Clarification:

##unvote

It is technically possible, but it would be a bastard mafia role. LM has in fact used roles that bad in the past, but I'm never going to operate personally on the assumption that such a role exists.

I would have done the actions in the same order. No reason to out yourself until it matters.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
while there is no reason to doubt taste's role pm, unless you're an idiot, the fact TMM won't answer the question is more pressing

##vote TMM

just answer yes or no

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Then go ahead and vote for me.

TMMadman posted:

And if you don't like it Asiina then go ahead and vote for me.

TMMadman posted:

So you don't think Asiina is scum?

Hahaha, anyone who quotes that post is going to end up voting me.

##unvote
[/quote]

Jester or lynchbomb.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ah, I wasn't voting anyone anyways but that last bit was me quoting TMM unvoting himself.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hahaha, anyone who quotes that post is going to end up voting me.

##unvote

Jester or lynchbomb.
[/quote]

Crap defense

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

Jester or lynchbomb.

Crap defense
[/quote]

:yeah:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So Asiina makes up a cop claim and almost gets Jimson lynched and when TT comes out Asiina claims tactician?

Asiina had no reason to do what she did to Jimson if she's town.

TT's role seems very useful (if dangerous) but if he can be protected by a doctor he should probably use it all the time. He seems sure that he got a positive result on Asiina, and if not, Asiina's play is not town this game. The best move is to lynch her and get more info from TT's ability, if nothing else.

I'm sorry you're upset, Asiina, but I don't believe you and maybe you should not have faked an N0 cop.

##vote Asiina

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, yes it did, she wanted to pull of an ImmunoGambit.

Adahn why you not reading the thread and pretending you are

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, reckless or not, it's totally believable that Taste would use his role right away and if he got something innocuous (like my real role) he probably wouldn't have said anything. It's only because he happened on this very scummy role.

I mean, at the very least we know there's a BP ninja out there, which is pretty scary, but is useful information.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, yes it did, she wanted to pull of an ImmunoGambit.

Adahn why you not reading the thread and pretending you are

You get me, Quid. I knew you would. :love:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also pay attention to your drat quote tags people.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

this is 100% scum logic

##vote asiina

Bad vote.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm sorry, I'm telling you guys that if you read TMM he's playing a Jester or lynchbomb game. I apologize for the last quote being messed up, as I quoted TMM's own messed up quote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

But... you were serious.

You were seriously running a gambit rather than organically pushing for a Jimson D1 Lynch.

Then you were caught out.

CLEARLY THIS IS WHAT SCUM DO.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm sorry, I'm telling you guys that if you read TMM he's playing a Jester or lynchbomb game. I apologize for the last quote being messed up, as I quoted TMM's own messed up quote.

If he's a jester who cares?

If he's a lynchbomb better to die earlier than later

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So we shouldn't kill him?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Someone quote this because Asiina is ignoring me.

TMM once again doing nothing in game but making sure Asiina sees him

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EXAKT Science posted:

So we shouldn't kill him?

You are welcome to. I simply felt it was prudent to identify the risk. I could be wrong.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

you clearly coming in and reading nothing but asiina's cop claim at that point

how is that different from your play?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are welcome to. I simply felt it was prudent to identify the risk. I could be wrong.

yet you don't want to vote him?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

how is that different from your play?

wut

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TEN PAGES LEFT I AM ALMOST THERE GUYS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:sun:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tommunist posted:

also i don't like asiina this game, i feel like shes jumped from fake claim to fake claim, and the whole "i wanna kill jimson because hes a poo poo loving idiot and i will drink his blood and become immune" poo poo comes off to me as not town LOL.

never the less theres two more days.

##unvote jimson

a bad post. just unvote, dude, you don't need to make sure we see how town your mindset is, my gosh.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

he also spent the weekend making poo poo posts, and not reading the thread

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Okay Asiina saying she was pulling a gambit to stay alive while also saying that said gambit was a huge, obvious joke is pretty contradictory. Worth voting. Agree that we shouldn't pile on one person while we have 2 days to go, though.

Bk giving me major scummy vibes this game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

he also spent the weekend making poo poo posts, and not reading the thread

I'm sorry did you start playing this morning? Am I going to get to that?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

TEN PAGES LEFT I AM ALMOST THERE GUYS

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

no and i have no intention of increasing my effort this early in the game dicknose

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I just want you to get to the TMM stuff

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
TMM always plays like he's a really good jester

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

no and i have no intention of increasing my effort this early in the game dicknose

My points still stand that you are calling me out for posts that are unengaged at a time that you were also not engaged with the thread, so its pretty suspect for you to be calling me out for something you are equally guilty for

I mean if you were town scumhunting you would be able to identify with my situation rather than attempt to vilify it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

yeah i'm not reading the like 800 posts of mostly jokephase that i missed, sorry about it

My initial read on this was correct, btw, there is a lot of content but I have slogged through a lot of lovely posts as well~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But when I played with him last time he was abrasive, but he was very confident in what he was saying. This time he is avoiding any real calls and seems to be playing to post.

• Locked thread