Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of this opinion?
No you are wrong. Evil is good.
Correct
Correct except we SHOULD nuke it
Fats don't deserve to have opinions
View Results

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I grew up with my mom being Southern Baptist and my dad being Catholic.

Anyone bitching about Catholicism being evil in the modern era has no idea what the puritanical and evangelical protestants are like.

It's been said in this thread before but when you are talking about the laypeople, yeah there are much worse religions. But the leadership of the catholic church is on this whole other level of being evil that no other church leadership can touch if only because they have the largest apparatus to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nathilus posted:

they have the largest apparatus to play with.

Wey hey!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jerry Cotton posted:

This isn't about religion this is about the fact that Americans are terrible. Let's not forget it was founded by the absolute worst religious folk kicked out of Europe.

It's not contained just to America or the West, tbf. Every major religion and a great many minor ones are dead set on being assholes to someone, even Buddism is responsible for a lot of underaged prostitution in SE Asia. Islam is the lemming de jour and Wicca was recently discovered to be an acronym the whole time (White intolerable Chubby Chick Association)

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wicca was recently discovered to be an acronym the whole time (White intolerable Chubby Chick Association)

*Nods so vigorously, hat falls off*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's not contained just to America or the West, tbf. Every major religion and a great many minor ones are dead set on being assholes to someone, even Buddism is responsible for a lot of underaged prostitution in SE Asia. Islam is the lemming de jour and Wicca was recently discovered to be an acronym the whole time (White intolerable Chubby Chick Association)

Wicca isn't a religion by any reasonable definition though.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Jerry Cotton posted:

Made up horse poo poo that people take seriously?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

Made up horse poo poo that people take seriously?

But then Scientology would be a religion as well. (Neither Wicca nor Scientology are legally religions despite applying here so :smugbert:)

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Luther was an idiot obsessed with poo poo

Yeah. He really liked his bible.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dude also liked beer so.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's Martin Luther's forums name?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Why hasn't a Muslim gone suicide attack on the Vatican?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tony Homo posted:

Why hasn't a Muslim gone suicide attack on the Vatican?

Dudes with halberds.

e: Also they're smart enough to know most of the West wouldn't give a poo poo. Shopping areas are the only actually holy place.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

naem posted:

They have the absolute best artwork, like all of it

Good catholic churches are an absolute joy to go through. That poo poo will practically make you cry for how beautiful it all is lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bef posted:

Good catholic churches are an absolute joy to go through. That poo poo will practically make you cry for how beautiful it all is lol

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I couldn't find the one (that I actually saw) where the devil's bum eats a potato. Or maybe I'm remembering that wrong but not by much.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
We need to get some German Reformation prints up in here that show Satan making GBS threads out a stream of priests and bishops while the pope sucks him off.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Goon Pope.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
A prof of mine had a Jesuit friend who liked to roll down his window whenever he drove by the Orthodox church and shout "FILIOQUE MOTHERFUCKERS!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

A prof of mine had a Jesuit friend who liked to roll down his window whenever he drove by the Orthodox church and shout "FILIOQUE MOTHERFUCKERS!"

Haha what a rad dude too bad he's a nonce.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Apollodorus posted:

That's a pretty funny thing to do on your way to molest some kids.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Catholicism gets cool points for still studying demonology and being the basis fr a lot of voodoo poo poo

Jerry Cotton posted:

I know, it's just an acronym, please read the whole post, Jerry. I need you to keep up here

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

I know, it's just an acronym, please read the whole post, Jerry. I need you to keep up here

I am sorry.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

S'all good, dude. We're still cool

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
A church service where the crucifixion of Jesus starts out flaccid and by the end he's got a full on donger

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I AM THE TOILET posted:

A church service where the crucifixion of Jesus starts out flaccid and by the end he's got a full on donger

And then at the end of the service he functions as a big ole margarita dispenser margaritaville style. It would be cool and make WAY more sense than the wine thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was an alter boy and i was never molested but one mass I had to light the Easter candle which was like 15 feet tall and I couldn't reach it even with the candle lighter. Deacon Fred had to come help me do it.

That dude loving ruled. One time I caught him taking a drag from a flask and he slipped me a twenty to keep it between "us and God."

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

FizFashizzle posted:

One time I caught him taking a drag from a flask and he slipped me a twenty to keep it between "us and God."

:gonk:

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Buncha hellbound heathens itt

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Christianity is a mushroom/fertility cult that began in the cow worshiping regions of the far east. It was high jacked by Jewish esoterics and it's teachings wrapped in play on words and references to the amanita muscaria so they could practice it in secret from the Romans. The cult became so popular it overshadowed the esoteric Judaism in popularity and through the coded writings it eventually became mainstream. Sometime around the turn of the century high level free masons took over the Catholic Church and it has become pretty much a defunct vault to gather the worlds holy relics/gold/and artwork for???

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
My mom was pretty active in the Catholic Church and 4 out of the 5 priests we got to know well turned out to be gay.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

plain blue jacket posted:

My mom was pretty active in the Catholic Church and 4 out of the 5 priests we got to know well turned out to be gay.

Nothing wrong with being gay in Catholicism.

Just can't act on it. Might as well knock out two birds with one stone and join the clergy.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

FizFashizzle posted:

Just can't act on it. Might as well knock out two birds with one stone and join the clergy.

One dude was literally this. Had a bizzare non sexual relationship with another priest which was pretty volatile. Really nice guy that helped gay kids cope with coming out believe it or not.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

The Vatican stopped a French diplomat from being assigned to them because he was gay literally last year lol

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

jBrereton posted:

The Vatican stopped a French diplomat from being assigned to them because he was gay literally last year lol

They just didn't want extra competition

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
the vatican't handle it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If this thread is going to be stickied can we at least get the spelling in the OP corrected? Seeing "litterally" hanging around the top of the page is making my brain itch.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If this thread is going to be stickied can we at least get the spelling in the OP corrected? Seeing "litterally" hanging around the top of the page is making my brain itch.

It's intentional. The occasional gbs misspelling indicates that I am too cool for school while simultaneously giving me the pleasure of listening to autists wail. As I said before, the vatican doesn't have a monopoly on evil.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nathilus posted:

It's intentional. The occasional gbs misspelling indicates that I am too cool for school while simultaneously giving me the pleasure of listening to autists wail. As I said before, the vatican doesn't have a monopoly on evil.

That's okay, I'll just mentally transcribe it to "liturgically the temple of evil."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like this thread

• Locked thread