Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SarahSyna
Oct 24, 2015
Neptune, Uranus, Saturn!

Also, I don't remember if this has already been mentioned (I know Luna's shading has) but does it annoy anyone else that Luna has the total lack of shading while Artemis is shaded? It really irritates me when I see them side by side!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flocons de mais
Oct 4, 2008
I'd like to throw in my vote for team Biased Homosexual if it's not too late Uranus, Neptune, Saturn

I am wondering if at this point someone would be willing to retranslate this game. Don't get me wrong I am loving taking the piss out of this dumpster fire, the world would be a little less bright if we didn't have the scrambled egg word salad and the best line in the game being a meta commentary.

But I am wondering if there was a way to show the original some love.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I wish this game had some kind of arbitrary code bug so I could name it Moon Privilege Escalation.

Brerose
Jun 10, 2016
So, I've been watching Sailor Moon Crystal. Does the plot of this end up more like the manga, or the original anime?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The manga.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's a barely tweaked manga adaptation.

When I finish this shift I'm doing final tally and prepping an update! Three hour warning.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Take Jupiter and your two favorites.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Add another lesbian-block vote for Team Gay Domesticity.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I fully approve of the lesbians this thread has attracted.

I mean it's only fitting. It's Sailor Moon and people keep bringing up Utena ... loving sapphic meth right there.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

esperterra posted:

sapphic meth
I've seen what this looks like.

you don't want this

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I embrace my fate.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

END ME SCOOB posted:

I've seen what this looks like.

you don't want this
i mean you say this but i feel like i'm probably not the only one in the thread who would be like "FUCKYEAH DOG LET ME BUMP OF SOME OF THAT 98% PURE GAL PAL HIJINKS oh my GOD i'm going to clean my whole house and then i'm going to clean it again and then i'm going to clean it again and then i'm going to build a meticulously ordered shrine to melancholy anime lesbians"

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

EDIT: I can read :thejoke:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
No, like, I mean I work in the meth capital of San Diego, I have totally seen meth lesbians. I've cracked some of their skulls. It's not fun.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
code:
Sailor Mercury: xxxxxxx
Sailor Mars   : xxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Jupiter: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Venus  : xxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Saturn : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Neptune: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Uranus : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So there's the lock, and wow. Mars and Venus tied, which is appropriate for obvious reasons! Now time for me to crank out one of these before I sleep.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

END ME SCOOB posted:

code:
Sailor Mercury: xxxxxxx
Sailor Mars   : xxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Jupiter: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Venus  : xxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Saturn : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Neptune: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sailor Uranus : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So there's the lock, and wow. Mars and Venus tied, which is appropriate for obvious reasons! Now time for me to crank out one of these before I sleep.

Yes, but they also lost. This is what I get for never actually seeing anything with the Outers in it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Spoilers: this update isn't coming before I go to bed

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

END ME SCOOB posted:

Preview for your next LP?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's kinda odd how in the anime Moon is the strongest Scout, but in this game she's absolutely not. She has decent all around stats in a game that is absolutely not designed for a character like that. Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Saturn, and Uranus could all kick her face in. And anything else for that matter.

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

It's kinda odd how in the anime Moon is the strongest Scout, but in this game she's absolutely not. She has decent all around stats in a game that is absolutely not designed for a character like that. Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Saturn, and Uranus could all kick her face in. And anything else for that matter.

My headcanon for the anime has always been that Moon sucks in every way, but since she's the Moon Princess, no one wants to show her up so they let her think she's the strongest while secretly thinking why the heck don't you just let us do the fighting and stay out of the way.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
While the rest of the inners could reasonably destroy anything at any time, Sailor Moon is the only one who can actually heal things. It's a great dichotomy but even the anime lost that after a few seasons.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeah, that's the big thing in the first anime: She's not a physical or magical powerhouse, but she's the only one that could turn humans that got transformed into monsters of the week back to normal.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
She still wrecks poo poo, though. A lot of the monsters of the week were actual monsters. She healed when she could but more often than not they got killed.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Also the Silver Crystal can wreck anyone's poo poo at any time, at the cost of potentially killing you.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

She still wrecks poo poo, though. A lot of the monsters of the week were actual monsters. She healed when she could but more often than not they got killed.

She Moon Tiara Actioned and Moon Princess Halationed a lot of things into dust, yeah, but the show was so formulaic that having anyone but Sailor Moon give the finishing blow (whether a heal or kill) would have been looked at sideways.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
And as we all know, because Jupiter is the best and strongest, she could have punched everyone into being a human again using her stand「CRAZY DIAMOND」

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Robindaybird posted:

Yeah, that's the big thing in the first anime: She's not a physical or magical powerhouse, but she's the only one that could turn humans that got transformed into monsters of the week back to normal.

Though that was mostly only a thing in Season 1 and Stars, R, S and SuperS just had monsters that died or reverted back to inanimate objects. Hence why you get the rare monster who's killed by somebody else instead of Moon every time.

Anyway Jupiter lost in favor of the boring lesbian :arghfist::(

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

kefkafloyd posted:

While the rest of the inners could reasonably destroy anything at any time, Sailor Moon is the only one who can actually heal things. It's a great dichotomy but even the anime lost that after a few seasons.

She does get a healing ability in this game too, it's just that it's generally less effective than using items (for bosses) or ending the battle before you need to heal (for random encounters).

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

There is nothing boring about lesbians. :colbert:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Nuramor posted:

Preview for your next LP?

Nah. I cheat too much at those games to want to show them off in detail. They just make me smile.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

END ME SCOOB posted:

everything you post about this series only makes me want to play it more and i'm not sure how to feel about that

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 27, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I think that's a symptom of being the main character in an RPG.

Generally, the main protagonist is Balanced in all areas, so they can do a little bit of everything, and then the other party members pick up the slack when you need specializations.
"Ok, lots of things need punched. Gonna bring Jupiter. This next area is particularly flammable, let's bring Mars."

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Sailor Moon's element is FRIENDSHIP and that's the most powerful of all.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Queen Fiona posted:

There is nothing boring about lesbians. :colbert:

Neptune doesn't do anything particularly interesting in this game though.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Neptune doesn't do anything particularly interesting in this game though.

She doesn't do anything interesting in the manga or Crystal* either. I swear her voice actress must have been paid by the word.

*Ok technically I think she has the highest kill count?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Neptune's problem is that they didn't define her character as anything more than 'gifted violin player." It felt like they went "Hey, here's this really cool character, with a lot of depth. She's a fierce competitor who pushes herself hard on all fronts. She's a tough fighter who pushes against gender boundaries. oh and here's here girlfriend too I guess." I know there's more to Michiru than that, but it's what it feels like.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

RMZXAnarchy posted:

which boring lesbian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojs309aDOzE

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm expecting we should get used to this. Given the choice of Lesbians or Literally Anything Else, 99% of people interested in Sailor Moon after this long are going to choose Lesbians.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Valgaav posted:

I'm expecting we should get used to this. Given the choice of Lesbians or Literally Anything Else, 99% of people interested in Sailor Moon after this long are going to choose Lesbians.

Some of us ship Moon/Mars and she still lost. :argh:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

kefkafloyd posted:

Neptune's problem is that they didn't define her character as anything more than 'gifted violin player." It felt like they went "Hey, here's this really cool character, with a lot of depth. She's a fierce competitor who pushes herself hard on all fronts. She's a tough fighter who pushes against gender boundaries. oh and here's here girlfriend too I guess." I know there's more to Michiru than that, but it's what it feels like.

I always got the impression that she was the brains of the Uranus/Neptune duo. She was the first to awaken out of EVERYONE (excepting Pluto, maybe, kinda fuzzy on that), and has some kind of psychic abilities. She's quiet, gifted, and powerful, and she keeps Uranus grounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigify
Jul 17, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

(excepting Pluto, maybe, kinda fuzzy on that)

Maybe I haven't read far enough into the manga yet but they kinda give the impression that Pluto is the only one who never actually reincarnated when she's introduced. As in that's the same Pluto from the original Queen Serenity's time.

• Locked thread