Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tell them to get stuffed.

They either surrender, or perhaps at least pull their rotting hides out of our central CP.

Edit. Insulting terms on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
I don't think they have enough to stop us anymore, our vehicle superiority will start to tell now. If we hit ceasefire they'll win through holding the center, despite the only thing holding it being a couple of broken squads with their faces in the dirt being shelled by hundreds of 20mm HE rounds.

The offer has zero value. If we accept it we lose on points. The worst that can happen if we continue is we lose, so what's the point? Especially when they have 1 Sherman 76 to try and stop 2 Panthers.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Ikasuhito posted:

Tell them to get stuffed.

They either surrender, or perhaps at least pull their rotting hides out of our central CP.

professor_curly posted:

I don't think they have enough to stop us anymore, our vehicle superiority will start to tell now. If we hit ceasefire they'll win through holding the center, despite the only thing holding it being a couple of broken squads with their faces in the dirt being shelled by hundreds of 20mm HE rounds.

The offer has zero value. If we accept it we lose on points. The worst that can happen if we continue is we lose, so what's the point? Especially when they have 1 Sherman 76 to try and stop 2 Panthers.

Agreed, we have no reason to accept these terms when we have the advantage.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

professor_curly posted:

Especially when they have 1 Sherman 76 to try and stop 2 Panthers.

They still have a Stuart left if I remember correctly and at least 1 possibly 2 AT guns.

Not that we should accept a cease fire, but we still have some work to do.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I believe they only had 2 stuarts and we pegged both. They do have an armored car though along with the guns and 76.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Yeah there's an AC with a 50cal, two AT guns and a 76mm Sherman, only the Sherman has a real chance of being able to penetrate a Panther frontally except the AT guns may have 1-2 APDS rounds which are wildly innacurate but could theoretically penetrate a Panther front.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
3/3 here, I'm going to ask that someone take over me. Thanks!

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Losing the Stuart for no gain has probably rattled them badly and it would be disastrous for us to accept a ceasefire now, I say we keep on piling on the pressure and force them off the central objective. See if we can't get some recon in to see what they have left. In total this feels like a gamble from their side.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

koolkevz666 posted:

Losing the Stuart for no gain has probably rattled them badly and it would be disastrous for us to accept a ceasefire now, I say we keep on piling on the pressure and force them off the central objective. See if we can't get some recon in to see what they have left. In total this feels like a gamble from their side.

Even as a bluff its really odd. Im starting to wonder if they haven't just wildly misjudged our remaining capabilities and think (despite the last few turns) that they have us on the run.

We have pulled back a lot of our if while even more of it is just scattered around. Maybe because of this they think we have lost control of our men.

Must say though im really looking forward to reading their thread though. After their groveling surrender of course.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 31, 2016

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

The only way their Stuart move makes sense to me is if they:
A) Thought our eastern panther had left the area or
B) Didn't realize we've had two panthers this whole time

To be fair to them it we didn't have the panther over here that Stuart could have been a massive pain in the rear end

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing it was a last ditch effort to try and flank a Panther or the Wespe and it failed so they are trying a last last ditch effort of tricking us into a cease fire were they win by technicality.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Popete posted:

I'm guessing it was a last ditch effort to try and flank a Panther or the Wespe and it failed so they are trying a last last ditch effort of tricking us into a cease fire were they win by technicality.

I would hope not. That would be low even by goonish standards.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ikasuhito posted:

I would hope not. That would be low even by goonish standards.

Never underestimate a Goons desire to win an online argument.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Basically, our infantry is probably equally hosed based on what we can see. But their armored force is gone, and the only big, unexpected loss we've had was the Hetzer. The Panzer II's hurt, but they were scout vehicles. Frankly we could've been much more cavalier and still been ok with them. However I can easily see this turning into a slog which isn't much fun for either side as we slowly (remember we've got literally half an hour of battle time left) blast every position they have with invincible tanks so our depleted infantry can move forward.

How about we make a counter offer - they withdraw from the Central Objective and let us move up to occupy it. No more shooting, since I don't think they have any way of stopping us from doing this, it would just take some time as we take apart the defenders piece by piece with effectively invincible tanks. So the game ends with the current casualties, we take our objective and the center and we reset for the next game.

abelian
Jan 23, 2010
This has definitely turned into a meat grinder, and it seems that interest is waning, especially from the infantry.

But I don't see a lot of point to letting them walk out of the center area. A little bit more area fire from Xeno and they'll be either dead or fleeing.

Let's offer them an entire surrender, or we continue to pour it on them.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

abelian posted:

This has definitely turned into a meat grinder, and it seems that interest is waning, especially from the infantry.

But I don't see a lot of point to letting them walk out of the center area. A little bit more area fire from Xeno and they'll be either dead or fleeing.

Let's offer them an entire surrender, or we continue to pour it on them.

I'm happy with this. Also unless told otherwise I will maintain my posted orders and try and get some sight on what they have left on the flanks.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I think a combined assault with our armor and 3rd platoon onto the center objective could probably secure it in 5-7 mins

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Flippycunt posted:

I think a combined assault with our armor and 3rd platoon onto the center objective could probably secure it in 5-7 mins

While this is a possibility, I still think we're much better off attacking on the flanks. If we assault frontally with 3rd platoon, it means engaging forces on the reverse slope south of the objective, plus whatever support weapons they have left in reserve (MGs and ATGs, possibly more mortars). And tanks moving up the middle are going to be swinging their turrets around, exposing their side armor.

We are in good shape, but we still need to be careful.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Hey everyone, let's still get orders in for this round just in case.

Also Abe, if you're around let's chat in Roll20.

abelian
Jan 23, 2010
:siren: dtkozl, sorry for the late notice on this, but can we get an additional 24 hours and run the turn on Wednesday? :siren:

In the interest of expediting the start of a new game, professor_curly wants to offer them a cease fire where
  • the Americans retreat from the center
  • we move up to occupy it without them firing at us
  • we end the game with a cease fire

I'm not sure exactly how the logistics of this offer would work, but let's assume that we could make it work.

I'd personally rather we continue the fight, and not even make this offer, but I need to make sure that we're still on board with this as a team.

Flippy and Kev already voiced their support for continuing. But I want to hear from more of you guys. Platoon leaders? Tanks?

Either way, PC and I will post orders this evening.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

jon joe posted:

3/3 here, I'm going to ask that someone take over me. Thanks!

I'm taking over for 3/3.

Hetzer Crew

Move slow south to the north side of the wall/hedge then hunt two map squares west along it. Then face South-west.

3/3/A

Move quick along the yellow lines with the shown waypoints then face the blue direction (towards the US infantry contact in the center).

3/3/B

Move Slow to the same square the team casualty with the MG (so we can give buddy aid and retrieve the MG) then face towards the US infantry in the center. Sorry I can't be precise here but I couldn't find the exact time when when we lost the team MG but I think its pretty close to the current position. If this isn't possible give a target command for the US infantry contact in the middle and if they can't see them a target area (1 min) for the closest point.

--------

I'm clearing out of the infantry scrum in the middle to get into a position I can move up the thin tree line after we hammer the Americans a bit more there. Please don't stop shooting at them or they might see and kill some of my dudes.

Saros fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 3, 2016

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
np

Turn due Wed 12 pm EST

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

dtkozl posted:

np

Turn due Wed 12 pm EST

Thanks.

Longer term we'll plan to execute something similar to option 1 that I posted previously:

We're not out of this yet, but the allies are on the back foot. If we can avoid any egregious mistakes, we will win this.

What does that mean for this turn?

Popete needs to relocate east. I suggest reversing back down Route 18, then moving back up firebase hill on a similar route to the one you took back at the beginning of the game. You'll be responsible for drawing enemy fire.
I think sending a fresh infantry team that way would be a good idea.

Klaus
Priority target is that MG (southernmost circle below). It's still firing, even though you can't see it. Use area fire to kill it dead. After you've given the MG a good shelling, I suggest moving forward towards the tree line so that you have less risk of hitting our own troops.

INinja and especially Xenolalia:
Do not be stingy with your ammo. Use area fire. Make them regret ever setting foot on the objective area.

Saros
Your crew has survivors, and they have binocs! Move (hunt?) them a bit towards the center get eyes on what's on our eastern flank south of firebase hill.

FrozenLiquidity
I think you have a survivor, but he's still running away. If/when he rallies, we can use him.

Infantry orders will follow from PC, but I will say: spread out! It's gotten a bit better this last turn, but 3rd platoon has been sitting on top of each other for the last several minutes.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Panther HQ

target briefly 30 seconds the southernmost MG team.
pause 30 seconds
Slow to the tree line

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 2, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Klaus88 posted:

Slow to the tree line.
Target southernmost MG team.

Is this a good idea? I know we need to hit that mg but it looks like that 76 might be on the move and it would suck if one of our Panthers was caught detracted.

Also do we have any real eyes on the SE corner? There is a lot down there to not have any real idea what's going on.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 2, 2016

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

Is this a good idea? I know we need to hit that mg but it looks like that 76 might be on the move and it would suck if one of our Panthers was caught detracted.
I think it's an acceptable risk. We have to be careful, but we need to strike a balance between aggressiveness and overcaution. Although, since he was hitting that MG from where he was, I might "target briefly 30 seconds" combined with "pause 30 seconds" and then move, if I were Klaus.

Ikasuhito posted:

Also do we have any real eyes on the SE corner? There is a lot down there to not have any real idea what's going on.
We don't, and it's a problem. I've tasked Saros' surviving crew to get eyes on that area. If 2nd platoon has anyone up to the task, PC can get them to help with that.

INinja132
Aug 7, 2015

For the Wespe keep doing what it's doing (e.g. sitting still shooting things)

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

2/1

Recombine both squads (if they haven't already).

QUICK to CC10. Face towards Z17.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

abelian posted:

:siren: dtkozl, sorry for the late notice on this, but can we get an additional 24 hours and run the turn on Wednesday? :siren:

In the interest of expediting the start of a new game, professor_curly wants to offer them a cease fire where
  • the Americans retreat from the center
  • we move up to occupy it without them firing at us
  • we end the game with a cease fire

Dtkozl I don't suppose the allies have a response to this?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Oh I didn't offer it along. I'll do so now.

Who is starting the new game?

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Saros posted:

Dtkozl I don't suppose the allies have a response to this?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I'd rather not offer these terms. I was trying to list them as a point of discussion for the team before deciding.

I take it that means you'd be in favor of making it?

abelian fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 2, 2016

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Well they already said no.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

abelian posted:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I'd rather not offer these terms. I was trying to list them as a point of discussion for the team before deciding.

I take it that means you'd be in favor of making it?

Well i'd rather keep going longer, those terms were basically we win so I figured it was at least worth a shot in response to how insulting/sneaky the instant ceasefire offer was.

abelian
Jan 23, 2010

Saros posted:

Well i'd rather keep going longer, those terms were basically we win so I figured it was at least worth a shot in response to how insulting/sneaky the instant ceasefire offer was.

That's what I want to hear :). I actually wanted our counter-offer to be "unconditional surrender".

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

:siren: All Infantry Commanders :siren:

First Platoon
Our original plan was for 1st Platoon to assault across into The Big D while 3rd Platoon covered the center. That isn't feasible right now. However at the same time our determination is that attacking across the center directly will probably result in them doing to us what we just did to them. The new plan is therefor for us to move forward and take flanking positions along Death Road West, which can provide enfilade fire into the center along the hedgerow. The plan is essentially you will provide an infantry screen to protect Klaus. For right now unhide and try to recover any heavy weapons you've lost.

Second Platoon
We need to secure a foothold on Death Road East, and provide cover for our support units who will fire down into the objective and ICU to cover our assault into the center objective. Saros is going to get eyes over the hedge for us to see what they're doing. In the meantime, start spreading out and facing south. The plan is we will advance by sections along the path that 2/1 originally took, hugging the map edge. We're going to move heavy hitters up to support the advance from the start this time - Popete, and probably Xeno as well. For now, form up a deep/box formation with the healthiest squads forward.

Third Platoon
Spread out. If you have a machine gun area fire into the Center, or at the retreat paths you can see. Keep shooting though.

Ikasuhito Basically keep doing what you're doing. We may pull you up to 2nd Platoon or move you to 1st platoon depending on how things go.

Saros - welcome to infantry command. Get us sight over the south-east hedgerow.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

professor_curly posted:

Ikasuhito Basically keep doing what you're doing. We may pull you up to 2nd Platoon or move you to 1st platoon depending on how things go.

Ok then.

keep on keepin on

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Just to reiterate, especially for people shooting into the center, use area fire and target where the enemies are or are likely to be.

The WW didn't fire at all last turn because it didn't spot anyone. The Wespe likely won't fire this turn unless the enemy infantry keep shooting at it. Certainly split off machine gunners and area fire at least, aim for where we saw them running or where we have positive spots as possible.

dtkozl how much ammo does the Wespe have left?

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Platoon 1/3

New orders. Area Fire G18 with both teams.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 3, 2016

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

:siren:
2nd HQ: MOVE to DD11
2nd Granatgewehr Man: MOVE to CC12
2nd Panzerschreck Survivor: MOVE to BB12
:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

professor_curly posted:

Just to reiterate, especially for people shooting into the center, use area fire and target where the enemies are or are likely to be.

The WW didn't fire at all last turn because it didn't spot anyone. The Wespe likely won't fire this turn unless the enemy infantry keep shooting at it. Certainly split off machine gunners and area fire at least, aim for where we saw them running or where we have positive spots as possible.

dtkozl how much ammo does the Wespe have left?

16he
2 hc
3 smoke

• Locked thread