Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

It's the new graphics that are holding up the next real content update.
I know I'm a horrible cynic, but I genuinely thought this would be the case. I feel bad that it's actually happening, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Realm grinder updated!

quote:

NEW SPELL SYSTEM: starting from Reincarnation 42 (post-ascension), you can unlock upgrades which will allow you to cast a single spell up to 5 times simultaneously, also multiplying their effects, for increased mana costs. To unlock them, you must have enough Activity Time with each respective spell. In addition, each spell tier upgrade will also increase offline production based on mana statistics.
NEW AUTOCAST UPGRADE: Tiered Autocasting, which allows to manage the new spell tiers.
NEW UPGRADES in the mana production series, for post-ascension only.
NEW TROPHIES: three new secret trophies!
BUILDING LEVELS: Buildings will now level up on your background as you purchase more of them! There are currently 3 building levels to unlock, but we plan to add more in future updates.
UNIQUE BUILDING MODELS: You will now be able to upgrade background building graphics to their unique version.
At R45, you'll need to leave your PC on for 16 days per faction to unlock the last tier of spell and pay 5.6e33 FC per abdication to unlock it. Hope you all kept your archwizard builds running the entire time because there is gently caress all for you here if you haven't!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Debating whether it's worth it to throw myself into the post-ascension game for it, then. I already did Archwizard but it was in R39. :shepicide:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

Realm grinder updated!

At R45, you'll need to leave your PC on for 16 days per faction to unlock the last tier of spell and pay 5.6e33 FC per abdication to unlock it. Hope you all kept your archwizard builds running the entire time because there is gently caress all for you here if you haven't!
Does it, uh... track pre-ascension spell active time too? Asking for a friend.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Does it, uh... track pre-ascension spell active time too? Asking for a friend.
Current reinc is the only thing applied retroactively it seems, otherwise I should have several weeks of CtA. No idea if it'll persist if you log into an archwiz save and reinc now though.

Edit: Nope! It doesn't save activity time across reincarnations so get hosed R39 archwizards! To complete this content update, get to R42, then leave your computer on until february 2017, switching factions every 16 days. :suicide:

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 2, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dev has been out of content for a long time and just adding insane long grinds to try and keep people around until he has an idea to milk them for more money (or to get them to buy more Kong stuff). Move past RG, it's been adding filler for longer than it's been adding solid content.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Asehujiko posted:

Current reinc is the only thing applied retroactively it seems, otherwise I should have several weeks of CtA. No idea if it'll persist if you log into an archwiz save and reinc now though.

Edit: Nope! It doesn't save activity time across reincarnations so get hosed R39 archwizards! To complete this content update, get to R42, then leave your computer on until february 2017, switching factions every 16 days. :suicide:
Not coming back now, never coming back. If anyone wants my R45 save I'll upload it somewhere but otherwise it'll just languish as a cookie until my HD dies and I won't look back :v:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Not coming back now, never coming back. If anyone wants my R45 save I'll upload it somewhere but otherwise it'll just languish as a cookie until my HD dies and I won't look back :v:
At R45, there's nothing that can really be done with your save other than starting the six month long idle for spell upgrades. The game (effectively) still ends with Ascension.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's been so long since I played, I thing I forgot a lot of what I was doing

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Fun fact:
The FC cost of the last tier of Spirit Surge is 1.8e26
My Archwizard run produced a total of 6.6e17 FC
So cut out ramp up time and be generous to say that archwizard produces 1e17 FC per day.
That means, that in order to unlock the last of the "new content", you'll need an archwizard set up to run for the next 2.7 million years

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
:staredog: Literally what the gently caress

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Clicker Heroes has released another Clicker Heroes game. Ragnarok Clicker.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493370/

Same game basically, just with Ragnarok Online sprites. :stare: I know how bad of a grind it is but I still want to play.

edit: holy poo poo, I'm "almost" done with CrushCrush to boot.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Irritated Goat posted:

Same game basically, just with Ragnarok Online sprites. :stare: I know how bad of a grind it is but I still want to play.

Apparently, it's even worse than that: Not only is it a complete re-skin of Clicker Heroes, it doesn't even have all of its features.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Irritated Goat posted:

I am playing this game because I'm a dummy that used to play RO, I just beat lvl 50, so now I can make or join a guild (Though I don't have the resources to actually make a guild yet). Anybody made/going to make one? Searched for "GOON" and found nothing.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
At least it's the same developer. Insanity Clicker is also nothing but a reskin of Clicker Heroes, but from a different developer who apparently had zero new ideas about what they could add to the formula.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Asehujiko posted:

Realm grinder updated!

I think they also changed the savegame format, because my Realm Weather Service stopped working. :(

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Merijn posted:

I think they also changed the savegame format, because my Realm Weather Service stopped working. :(

mine is working fine, but i have had it up for a few hours. is it a new update in that time?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I think the dev just updated it, I've had the page open for weeks so mine was probably old. It works now.

Purple Prophecy
Mar 7, 2013
I'm late to the party, but is anyone still playing Tap Tycoon? Is there a goon investment group?

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm going to play this. Also I've been playing Shonen Idle Z on steam and it's a very formulaic idle game that's exactly what you'd expect from the title. It's Okay.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Finally, gently caress you Adventure Capitalist, after what feels like 2 years you are at last finished!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Kin posted:

Finally, gently caress you Adventure Capitalist, after what feels like 2 years you are at last finished!

Same here, got the 633rd unlock and last achievement today! Free! Finally free from AdCap! Took me from December til today.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I'm very close to having have enough resources in Ragnarok Clicker to make a guild, so I wanna know if there's enough interest in it for me to do so, or if I should just give myself a permanent damage boost first, and made the guild later, or if someone else wanted to do it.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 7, 2016

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Hello thread. I made an idle game which is also a clicker game, Heroes of Havoc: Idle Adventures. I haven't seen anybody talking about it, but I don't know if that's because people tried it and didn't like it, or don't know it exists. I hope people like it but if not, :jerry:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Akuma posted:

Hello thread. I made an idle game which is also a clicker game, Heroes of Havoc: Idle Adventures. I haven't seen anybody talking about it, but I don't know if that's because people tried it and didn't like it, or don't know it exists. I hope people like it but if not, :jerry:

Can't play it because I don't have an Apple device, but one question that comes to mind right off the bat - how is it different from Clicker Heroes?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Can't play it because I don't have an Apple device, but one question that comes to mind right off the bat - how is it different from Clicker Heroes?
We're on Android, too, but the website needs updating!

As for gameplay, it's more like if you took a dungeon crawler with full loot, skill, levelling etc. systems and replaced the combat with Adventure Capitalist. I mean there's more to it than that but that's the gist. Meters fill to do attacks/buffs/debuffs, tap meters to fill them faster, upgrade them and equip better gear and level up your heroes to make the numbers bigger.

Lots of meta stuff including challenge modes and seasons, PVP, lots of things.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 7, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Akuma posted:

As for gameplay, it's more like if you took a dungeon crawler with full loot, skill, levelling etc. systems and replaced the combat with Adventure Capitalist. I mean there's more to it than that but that's the gist. Meters fill to do attaches, tap meters to fill them faster, upgrade them and equip better gear and level up your heroes to make the numbers bigger.

Lots of meta stuff including challenge modes and seasons, PVP, lots of things.

Hmm, I'll have to give it a try then. Thanks for mentioning it!

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Akuma posted:

A region locked crap.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I know the answer is "money", but it's still really lovely that there's now so many idle games on mobile, yet it's been ages that anything new or interesting came out for people like me who just want to have a browser tab to check in on every couple hours.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

For Realm Grinder (I'm just getting back into it), I wish there was a way to auto-scry because it seems like most of the scrying stuff is broken. There's not even much of a difference when I shut off adblock, I get nothing most of the time. It's really frustrating because the 100% production bonus is useful and the mana bonus is nice as well.

There's a lot of cool things in this game but man there's just such a feeling of stuff being gated to encourage buying your way through it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I live in the US so no region lock on Heroes of Havoc. It's alright, but it really takes a long time of active playing to unlock offline idle currency and I wish there was a way to mulch items when I get and/or replace them. It'd also be nice to be able to mulch stuff by level (as in, if it's lower level than whatever I have equipped on the heroes that can use the equipment) rather than only by rarity because otherwise I'll have to either individually toss them or just mulch entire batches of common gear, possibly higher levels and stats than uncommon gear be damned.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I live in the US so no region lock on Heroes of Havoc. It's alright, but it really takes a long time of active playing to unlock offline idle currency and I wish there was a way to mulch items when I get and/or replace them. It'd also be nice to be able to mulch stuff by level (as in, if it's lower level than whatever I have equipped on the heroes that can use the equipment) rather than only by rarity because otherwise I'll have to either individually toss them or just mulch entire batches of common gear, possibly higher levels and stats than uncommon gear be damned.

This is probably the feedback he's looking for

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I've been playing Realm Grinder for a little bit now, and i'm wondering if I can get the Minedwarf achievement by simply putting it on autocast, or if I need to complement it with some autoclicking as well.

Also, should I wait until I get bloodlines to do the Demon Challenge 1?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Eldercain posted:

This is probably the feedback he's looking for

And I have even more!

I just remembered what you're required to do to actually get offline income - you need to unlock three heroes. Only two of them are guaranteed straight away through the normal campaign and it looks like you need 3 of the same hero's Macguffins on top of the two you find to unlock the second hero guaranteed by the campaign. Unless you can repeat the final level of a campaign stage to get more Macguffins of the same potential rarity it's going to take a while to be able to beat enough stages to guarantee I can get one of the heroes since I need at least three of the same Macguffin for the least rare heroes.

Slightly less frustrating but only just, the reward with wonderful intentions of being able to score all three treasure chests if you watch 20 ads in a row has two black marks to go with it - you can't get that last treasure chest after watching your 20th ad because you have to go into the unlocks screen to actually activate the bonus, and to add insult to injury you still have to watch an ad to get the third one. Normally only one treasure chest is ad-free, the second one requires an ad, and the third tells you that you have to buy something in the shop, but the unlock of VIP for 24 hours makes that into two ad-free chests instead. I mean I get it, you need to make money but seriously I don't feel very important if I can't get any respite from the ads.

e: Did I mention it's not very idle if you don't intentionally grind earlier campaign stages for higher level equipment? Because yeah, level 20+ without mashing heal is gonna push your poo poo in.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 8, 2016

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks for checking out my game! Your feedback is really useful. I'll definitely bring it to the team.

On your point of unlocking heroes, you need four heroes total to unlock idle mode, I think? And you start with two, and you're guaranteed a third hero after beating the second campaign, as you always get a token the first time you beat a given campaign and the first two campaigns have the same boss, Twitch, and he only needs two tokens. Once you've finished three campaigns (I think!) you unlock Elite campaigns, the boss missions of which can be repeated every six hours for a chance of up to three tokens. Elite campaigns are the same as regular campaigns, so the same bosses and everything, just with better gear and tougher enemies.

Edit: Unless we upped the requirement to 5 heroes? I can't quite remember!

Season mode unlocks at three heroes, too, which gives you another source of tokens both from participating in season activities once the season ends, and by doubling up your sources of tokens - so you could play Elite campaigns in Season mode every six hours, but you can also do it in non-Season mode. When a season ends all your stuff is transferred to non-Season mode.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Kin posted:

Glad to hear it's possible now. How much timewarping did you have to do / money did you have to spend?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Merijn posted:

Glad to hear it's possible now. How much timewarping did you have to do / money did you have to spend?

Events mean you have to spend absolutely none of your own money or buy time skips assuming you make sure to complete as much of them as possible. Between gold bar multipliers and the Megabucks boosts you get a big multiplier that is enough to make a few hours of wait meaningful again. I had like 250+ gold bars sitting around after two events* plus maybe some from Mars IIRC that I split between Earth and Moon to get them finished - Moon is easier, just to note, so if you're going to emphasize one over the other do Earth.

* - be advised, results not guaranteed without the use of systemic chronology manipulation due to unfortunate and/or punishing developer mathematics failures

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Akuma posted:

Thanks for checking out my game! Your feedback is really useful. I'll definitely bring it to the team.

The game desperately needs an improvement to inventory management. I can't tell what type of equipment a hero uses (i.e. which hat?) if they don't already have one equipped for me to compare or it isn't a drop from a level. There should be a "Sell" button as well as an "equip" button at the end of levels when you get the item from the chest.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ignoranus posted:

The game desperately needs an improvement to inventory management. I can't tell what type of equipment a hero uses (i.e. which hat?) if they don't already have one equipped for me to compare or it isn't a drop from a level. There should be a "Sell" button as well as an "equip" button at the end of levels when you get the item from the chest.
Yeah, we've been planning on making the icons on the slots show what type that slot is for, so instead of a generic helmet it shows a plate helm or whatever, but it's just not happened yet. It definitely will!

Good suggestion on the sell button, too. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
Heroes of Havoc chat: my immediate first impression was wow that's a lot of ads. I realize I don't have to watch them every time but it certainly feels like I've been spending more time watching ads than actually playing, especially in elite.

Did I miss some sort of explanation of elite campaign because I had no idea what it was about until I went back to look at a level's rewards and noticed the timer.

I'm still not clear on the season rewards even after your post, is that how I farm stars? Am I refunded spent stars after season mode ends? Or do I have to spend gems to get enough stars to upgrade stuff? Is there any purpose for extra hero tokens, is that part of upgrading rarity of heroes? There is a definite lack of explanation of game mechanics.

Echoing the complaints about not being able to sell items when you loot them and the confusing equip slot icons. Though I somewhat like the idea of not having another resource or a gatcha system for evolving heroes, inventory management looks annoying enough with your best gear being consumed unless you keep backups for evolving.

I've also noticed that tapping skills with more than one finger will frequently interpret as a swipe and switch active characters. Clicking on their portraits to switch would have been perfectly adequate and I'd appreciate at least an option to disable that.

The tier upgrades to the skills are all the same and rather boring and I've noticed that the NEW tooltip pops up before you get to 10/25/etc and comes back constantly for some reason after being dismissed.

Despite all my complaints so far I like the game and I would recommend it buuuuut there are an incredible amount of ads and having played all morning and having to wait another 6 hours to unlock my 4th hero and idling mode (now that I know what's up with elite) is kind of disappointing for a game billed as an idler. If I had missed a token drop in the first round of elite I'd be particularly annoyed.

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 9, 2016