Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'll probably use all my tickets on this banner for WoL because I don't have anyone decent to fill the fifth slot in my team. My four mainstays are Laswell, Kefka, Fina and Leo, and I usually put in Rain for the coliseum or Locke for treasure drops, but neither one of them is good enough to be on my A-team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly it sounds like you have all of the biggest appeals to this banner. WoL's more noteworthy since he's the first 6* capable unit with FB (Vaan still hasn't gotten a 6 in JP), Cheer is nice but if you have Curaja it's not worth breaking the bank over, and if you've got Kefka you have absolutely no need for Tellah.

You'll probably pull a Lenna if not both of them while desperately trying to whale out for one of the god tier units, so hold off for now. None of them are big enough upgrades to justify the gamble.

I think you answered my question too, but just to confirm: if i have Vaan, Bartz, Fina, ExDeath, and Golbez all at 5* and lvl65+ then there's nothing worth chasing in the new banner right? Might as well save until some Chiruzu/Lightning/etc-type characters show up down the line?

And I just hit that same Colosseum wall too, went back to the first island for a bunch of Leather Shields, and will bring along Ramuh and Barthundara and a few other things. I could try soloing him with ExDeath apparently, but I may as well see what a full team can do and leave Ether-crafting and Drain-using a a Plan B.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Sorry to ask here, but SA search turned up not much... Is there a thread/good place for that seven knights game? Looks gun and I like the art.

Also, I'm willing to give this game another shot, but I'm sure as hell not buying anything from the shop (not that there's much worth buying anyway) until I see some signs that they're not greedy buttholes

Seems like the best thing around for it right now is a Reddit thing, otherwise there's not even very good wikis for the game yet. Seems enjoyable enough so far, aside from every female character being in the jiggly tits archetype (ugh). If you do start playing feel free to friend me (AllyriaLemore) as they've actually got a system where you can friend new players and send them cool rewards to get bonuses yourself.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 2, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is Seven Knights supposed to be any good? I've been trying to find a gatcha game in this genre that I can actually sink a fair amount of time into. Exvius seems reasonably alright but feels incredibly thin on content (especially content that is actually fun or interesting), also really buggy. I tried Granblue as well, which I kind of liked the brief bit I played of, but the interface is a loving disaster to an extreme degree and it behaves even worse on an actual phone browser.

I've been playing it. If you don't like ~anime~ stay far far away.

Otherwise it's a loving gorgeous mobile game, and the f2p time limited aspect seems to be... nearly nonexistent as far as I can tell. I played it a shitload while watching netflix and I didn't even come close to running out of keys to play more. And keys are only used for one type of combat, there's a ton - normal story mode, 125 floor tower, pvp arena, guild wars, castle rush, etcetc.

I couldn't tell you how well it holds up longterm obviously, but I've been having fun.

Plus Guilty Gear collab! (???) Ky Kiske is mine :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I love anime so that's no problem. Guess I can give it a try and see how it is by comparison.

Is Brave Frontier still worth a look these days too?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I love anime so that's no problem. Guess I can give it a try and see how it is by comparison.

From what I've heard, it's Brave Exvius V1. And they add in a LOT of units you can't even get anymore. Oh, you wanted X? BETTER DUMP YOUR WALLET ON OUR WAITING MOUTH NOW, OTHERWISE YOU WON'T GET THE CHANCE TO GET THEM ONCE THE BANNER'S GONE! Unfortunately, FFBE did this as well in JP with the Dragon Warrior monsters they featured like...a couple months ago.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Gonna guess that's just part of the game being insanely buggy.

Ah, Gumi quality. :allears:

Try emptying out your cache/redownloading the game files from inside FFBE.

kalensc posted:

I think you answered my question too, but just to confirm: if i have Vaan, Bartz, Fina, ExDeath, and Golbez all at 5* and lvl65+ then there's nothing worth chasing in the new banner right? Might as well save until some Chiruzu/Lightning/etc-type characters show up down the line?

And I just hit that same Colosseum wall too, went back to the first island for a bunch of Leather Shields, and will bring along Ramuh and Barthundara and a few other things. I could try soloing him with ExDeath apparently, but I may as well see what a full team can do and leave Ether-crafting and Drain-using a a Plan B.

If you have Vaan, Bartz, and Exdeath, you're easily fine until Lightning shows up. The only thing you really would need with a team like that (since Fina is free and available for everybody) is someone like Chizuru or CoD.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's pretty okay, the writing is decent and they do a surprisingly non-poo poo job of tying unit lore together? But yeah, it's basically Exvius without the Exploration aspect or... any sort of strategy past "get the character that can do thing x", since there aren't any skills or equipment (aside from general "everything" objects), just the limit break equivalent in various tiers.

I've got a soft spot for it, despite how pissed I get at the RNG nature of higher-end content.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
how long until stuff like lightning comes along though

i'm using chiz, cod, cod, kefka and fina and planning to pull for lack of anything else to do in the meantime

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

It's pretty okay, the writing is decent and they do a surprisingly non-poo poo job of tying unit lore together? But yeah, it's basically Exvius without the Exploration aspect or... any sort of strategy past "get the character that can do thing x", since there aren't any skills or equipment (aside from general "everything" objects), just the limit break equivalent in various tiers.

I've got a soft spot for it, despite how pissed I get at the RNG nature of higher-end content.

I'll second this and repeat what I said earlier: the game in Brave Frontier is building a team and optimizing it out to be as effective as possible (possibly with the added wrinkle of only using characters you like, if you want to make it harder). So if you love with stats in other RPGs you'll probably be able to enjoy it. If nothing else I've been at it a little over a month and am only just now getting near the end of the currently available story content.

In thread related news: I think I'll hold off on pulling for this banner. I do actually need a tank and/or Full Break character but I've got all the alternatives for the other two so it feels more prudent to save up for something crazier like the Tactics or Lightning banner.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Cry Havoc posted:

i'm using chiz, cod, cod, kefka and fina and planning to pull for lack of anything else to do in the meantime

Chizuru, CoD x2, Fina, and 6* rain is probably enough to beat most of the game content.

At this point your tm hunting. And this banner has some fairly good tms for your team.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Unless you're a mega whale or incredible optimistic or habitually supremely lucky, there's no point waiting for the Lightning or Orlandu or what have you top god tier characters.
And mega whales should be pulling meanwhile anyway.

Some people have brought up that according to http://altema.jp/ffbe/chara/205, Lenna is due for a 6* upgrade.
I don't know how trustworthy some fan site really is, especially when she seems to be the first non-main character/villain/FFBE character to get upgraded to 6*.
Something to consider at any rate, but I'll be pulling for her anyway because gently caress yea FF5.

Tellah is also apparently secretly sweet for PvP arenas, because Raise one shots Cloud of Darkness who is otherwise one of the most dangerous threats at that point in the game. And Recall bypasses spell restrictions to randomly one shot people with Death. :lol:

Trilin fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 2, 2016

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'll probably pull even though I really don't need to, because I like all the characters , especially Tellah.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cry Havoc posted:

Probably a month from the next banner group at best.

https://exviuswiki.com/Update_Schedule

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

That's not too shabby then, thanks!

And, Unit cap notwithstanding, you can hang onto them. AND even without the event you still have a shot at Great Success and Amazing Success fusions.

Back when the Cactuar and Fusion Up events overlapped, I was regularly getting 100% more XP per energy by fusing cactus than the XP vortex.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If there's anything I learned from the 5m downloads cactuar giveaway event I'll get the super fusion exp bonuses when I get impatient and stupidly get a character to max level eating cactuars :v:

Another question: I got about 10k friend points collecting dust, is there any banner event that makes pulling with friend points worth it? I used some of the 1/2/3 star guys starting out but they're all benched except when I get bored and mix up my team when grinding explorations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Scrublord Prime posted:

If there's anything I learned from the 5m downloads cactuar giveaway event I'll get the super fusion exp bonuses when I get impatient and stupidly get a character to max level eating cactuars :v:

Another question: I got about 10k friend points collecting dust, is there any banner event that makes pulling with friend points worth it? I used some of the 1/2/3 star guys starting out but they're all benched except when I get bored and mix up my team when grinding explorations.

I believe during the last cactuar banner event you could pull mini metal cactuars from the friend point summon. If it doesn't happen this time, it will eventually happen. I've been saving mine for weeks now too, I'm around 80 summons deep.

They're only 5k exp each, but that's still better than anything else you could get from that summon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kemix posted:

From what I've heard, it's Brave Exvius V1. And they add in a LOT of units you can't even get anymore. Oh, you wanted X? BETTER DUMP YOUR WALLET ON OUR WAITING MOUTH NOW, OTHERWISE YOU WON'T GET THE CHANCE TO GET THEM ONCE THE BANNER'S GONE! Unfortunately, FFBE did this as well in JP with the Dragon Warrior monsters they featured like...a couple months ago.

Pretty sure the chance to get units like Lightning and Orlandu is 0% in FFBE when they aren't on the banner. Maybe that changed but when I played the Japanese version earlier this year I recall seeing mentions that certain characters were a 0% drop rate, or basically 0% like off-banner character relics in FFRK.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pretty sure the chance to get units like Lightning and Orlandu is 0% in FFBE when they aren't on the banner. Maybe that changed but when I played the Japanese version earlier this year I recall seeing mentions that certain characters were a 0% drop rate, or basically 0% like off-banner character relics in FFRK.

I pulled Lightning from the Tidus banner (and Dark Knight Cecil from the Lightning banner), so that seems unlikely. As far as I know, only the collaboration characters are unavailable outside of their initial release period.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Don't forget that Lenna not only has Curaja, Cheer, Esuna, and better stats than Fina (including 300 more hp), her LB is also an AOE Heal on par with a Cura cast combined with a 3 turn 30-49% MAG buff to your party.

I'm probably throwing a few pulls at this banner, because if I miss WoL, I would be completely happy with Lenna.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

I pulled Lightning from the Tidus banner (and Dark Knight Cecil from the Lightning banner), so that seems unlikely. As far as I know, only the collaboration characters are unavailable outside of their initial release period.

The important word there is "basically." You can still pull them in much the same way you could go buy a thousand lottery tickets today and win off of one of them. More often than not, though, you'll still miss it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LornMarkus posted:

The important word there is "basically." You can still pull them in much the same way you could go buy a thousand lottery tickets today and win off of one of them. More often than not, though, you'll still miss it.

I got a lot of off-banner 5 star base characters pulling for Lightning. It's nowhere near as rare as you imply. In fact, in my experience, you're more likely to pull an off-banner 5 star base character than an on-banner one at this point in Japan.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AegisP posted:

Don't forget that Lenna not only has Curaja, Cheer, Esuna, and better stats than Fina (including 300 more hp), her LB is also an AOE Heal on par with a Cura cast combined with a 3 turn 30-49% MAG buff to your party.

I'm probably throwing a few pulls at this banner, because if I miss WoL, I would be completely happy with Lenna.

I need her for my three Kefkas + CoD. :stare::fh:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Got the Hero Ring recipe today and I'm on my way to making one! Kefka will enjoy the magic boost, since apparently there's no other accessories that boost magic and no recipe for Magic + 10% yet.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

I believe during the last cactuar banner event you could pull mini metal cactuars from the friend point summon. If it doesn't happen this time, it will eventually happen. I've been saving mine for weeks now too, I'm around 80 summons deep.

They're only 5k exp each, but that's still better than anything else you could get from that summon.

That'd be nice, FP as it is now feels really irrelevant after the first week of playing. Blowing it all for some 5k cactuars is at least something to do with it.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Evil Fluffy posted:

I pulled Orlandu when I was doing rerolls on a JP account. Unfortunately I didn't have an extra device to transfer the account onto since I had to give the phone up for a sibling (It was an iPhone 5c since I upgraded to a 6S in the spring) so that account got lost since I'm stupid and didn't make a transfer code. Wasn't sure if I was really gonna play it anyways, but, yea.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
4 INT awakenings, 1 sacred crystal, you guys doing any better?

Also, very disappointed in Anzelm. I didn't know I had Fina as a character until I got to the Ice mountains. Turns out he can't equip Barthundra, and I'm having trouble with Europa.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got the a-team maxed out:

Probably just gonna work on espers now. Just how bad is the nerf to magicite in explorations at this point?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tipme posted:

4 INT awakenings, 1 sacred crystal, you guys doing any better?

Also, very disappointed in Anzelm. I didn't know I had Fina as a character until I got to the Ice mountains. Turns out he can't equip Barthundra, and I'm having trouble with Europa.

i am still getting sub 300 exp and roughly 4 monsters per run in the awakening chamber.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Scrublord Prime posted:

FP is mostly used to get good tm rewards from certain units. The hardest boss right now is a dragon. The only way to get an equipable dragon killer ability is through friend points.

Stone killer, dragon killer, camouflage (reduces odds of being attacked by 50%), hp 10% are all generally good abilities. Raging fist and sun beam are decent, but by the time I got them they weren't very helpful.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Fenrir posted:

Probably just gonna work on espers now. Just how bad is the nerf to magicite in explorations at this point?
I don't believe this part. I got 7 Green Megacites in one run of Phantom Forest alone, and it's throwing regular, green, and magicite shards at me with good regularity.
I really think it's just the third island having poo poo for drops.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
loving hell, why did they put Bloody Eyes in the grinding event!? I lost half my loving team from them spamming death.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
In other FF news FF Mobius just released over here in SEA in Gooogle Play

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Was finally able to beat Demon Chimera with Artemios spamming Barrage and my mages just casting Drain. Are we just waiting for the next guy to be available now?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Mischalaniouse posted:

Was finally able to beat Demon Chimera with Artemios spamming Barrage and my mages just casting Drain. Are we just waiting for the next guy to be available now?

Pretty much, and Brachiosaur is a dick. Has all of his usual Meteor/Ultima bullshit, plus he can sneeze party members out of battle.

Edit: The upside is that he doesn't cost NRG to attack, so restarting after he tells someone to :frogout: isn't a big deal (though it will be frustrating if RNG hates you). You'll definitely need a 5-star A team to kill him, and a native Full Break from Vaan or Warrior of Light is highly recommended.

Varance fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 3, 2016

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So my team comp is currently
5* and maxed:
Exdeath, Kefka, Vaan, Bartz, Locke(He should hit 80 tonight), Leo, Fina
5 Star not maxed:
Lasswell, Rain

Should I care about anyone still on this banner before it resets or try to pull any of the next banner people?

I got another Exdeath, Vaan, 4* Golbez, multiple Shantotto, Vivi floating around too

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

What's the best exploration for Ice Megacrysts?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

LornMarkus posted:

Seems like the best thing around for it right now is a Reddit thing, otherwise there's not even very good wikis for the game yet. Seems enjoyable enough so far, aside from every female character being in the jiggly tits archetype (ugh). If you do start playing feel free to friend me (AllyriaLemore) as they've actually got a system where you can friend new players and send them cool rewards to get bonuses yourself.

I added you! I'm Saxophunk

I really enjoy the art style, save for rando mega-boobed anime girls, but eh, what the the hell.

Other Game aside, I'm pretty excited for Cactuars to finally get my Chorizo to 80 and probably maybe 5* my Exdeath and bring him up as well.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So my team comp is currently
5* and maxed:
Exdeath, Kefka, Vaan, Bartz, Locke(He should hit 80 tonight), Leo, Fina
5 Star not maxed:
Lasswell, Rain

Should I care about anyone still on this banner before it resets or try to pull any of the next banner people?

I got another Exdeath, Vaan, 4* Golbez, multiple Shantotto, Vivi floating around too
From what others have been saying, you shouldn't roll if you already have Vaan or Cecil.
WoL's main advantages are being a great tank and having Full Break.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Um so I have accumulated a ton of materials and am maxed out. I have no idea wtf I can safely sell. Suggestions for clearing material space? Esper shards and crystals are what I have the most of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Anything you have a stack of 99 of you can generally safely sell the excess. Unless you somehow have 99 megacrysts or Sacred/Holy crystals.

• Locked thread