Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah, gently caress wizards. No sense of right or wrong.

God's laws are not man's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tran... is good.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

God's laws are not man's

Which god?

Stuntman posted:

Tran... is good.

Only for adults, and not with public funds please.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah, gently caress wizards. No sense of right or wrong.

raistlin majere had a very negative impact on a whole generation of people that are adults now and use this forum

just a very unadvisable wizard role model

harry potter was too little too late for the majority of us

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

God. Pan. Baphomet. Perhaps Tiamat. God as the pantheistic all, too vast to witness in his true form without dying. In the Bhagavad Gita, Arjuna gets just a glimpse of Krishna and is paralyzed with terror. In the Old Testament, Moses is placed in a rock while the God of the Jews passes by, because he'll die if he sees all of God. I am talking about the God that contains these Gods. The God that contains even heaven and hell.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Steven Universe or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, OP?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

God. Pan. Baphomet. Perhaps Tiamat. God as the pantheistic all, too vast to witness in his true form without dying. In the Bhagavad Gita, Arjuna gets just a glimpse of Krishna and is paralyzed with terror. In the Old Testament, Moses is placed in a rock while the God of the Jews passes by, because he'll die if he sees all of God. I am talking about the God that contains these Gods. The God that contains even heaven and hell.

wow you are just so intere

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Bundle of Keys posted:

Steven Universe or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, OP?

They're both heaps of trash that only people with stunted emotional growth enjoy.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

So which one do you prefer?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

haha jk im just roasting ya cause this is your thread.

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009

Tonetta posted:

They're both heaps of trash that only people with stunted emotional growth enjoy.

thanks for the compliment

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ground beef is good on nachos and tortillas as well

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Thats mexican for bread :wth:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DOMDOM posted:

I guess I'm bi because I like both chicks, and dicks, especially together

but dudes are gross and repulsive, and not kissable, or cuddly, or something I want intimacy with

is this the world our ancestors envisioned for us? :smith:

same but twinks can be alright

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Tran like Vietnamese? :confused:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Since we've made it this far I still think people need to start posting their dicks..? :shrug:

hashtag_DICKSOUT

:harambe:

(omg the emote existed :jerkbag:)

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

What is your least favorite thing about how trans folks are portrayed in the media and why? What sort of trans characters would you like to see more of in TV shows/movies/novels etc?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

BBQ Dave posted:

What is your least favorite thing about how trans folks are portrayed in the media and why? What sort of trans characters would you like to see more of in TV shows/movies/novels etc?

Pretty much the whole thing. They're treated as some kind of circus side show, made the butt end of jokes with no real lines. It makes for the public perception of trans to be poor.

More like predestination, and that one movie about aids

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

BBQ Dave posted:

Can I tack on a more specific question:

Tonetta - did you ever see he film "The Silence of the Lambs" and did you, or did you not, think it was transphobic? What did you think about it?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Three-Phase posted:

Tonetta - did you ever see he film "The Silence of the Lambs" and did you, or did you not, think it was transphobic? What did you think about it?
Can I change this add on a bit, pretty much the same question added but instead of "The Silence of the Lambs," it's "The Life of Adolf Hitler."

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
^ :shrug:

Tonetta posted:

Pretty much the whole thing. They're treated as some kind of circus side show, made the butt end of jokes with no real lines. It makes for the public perception of trans to be poor.

More like predestination, and that one movie about aids

Kinda' like a black "minstrel show" thing from back in the early 1900s?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Three-Phase posted:

I seen it, and thought it was about someone who was mentally ill sicko in an era where transgenderism didn't exist at nearly the capacity that it does today, which gave media free reign to do what they like. Not that they still don't do that.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So it was more about how people and the media perceived and reacted to it than the movie or the character itself? It was like the character was more of a catalyst than anything else?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

It was more like they threw trans into the mix for shock factor or some poo poo.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I believe you said you have a double Batchelors in Chemistry and Psychology.

What is the scariest chemical you've worked with (like FOOF) or the scariest psychological condition someone had that you've worked with?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
If I'm writing a trans character, what would make him or her into someone you'd want to read about?

Of course, like any trait, it would be a part of the character, not the sole determiner of their personality, but beyond that?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
big dick

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Three-Phase posted:

I believe you said you have a double Batchelors in Chemistry and Psychology.

What is the scariest chemical you've worked with (like FOOF) or the scariest psychological condition someone had that you've worked with?

I worked with ethylene thiourea as a chemist, which is an accelerant used in making all sorts of artificial rubbers. It has all sorts of health risks just by breathing it, allowing on-skin contact, etc. Generally, it gives you cancer of the everything when inhaled, and permanent scars if left on your skin and you sweat at all. It's the chemical that they warn you about essentially (in laymens terms) when warned about burning rubber. In this job, I mad the precursor to carpet underlay and some industrial explosives.

I didn't actually work anywhere with my psych degree. I started shadowing to become a psychologist and realized it was not for me, for various reasons.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Zorodius posted:

If I'm writing a trans character, what would make him or her into someone you'd want to read about?

Of course, like any trait, it would be a part of the character, not the sole determiner of their personality, but beyond that?

Sane, independent, persuasive.

Basically just like any other character, but also the ability to talk about stuff they did as a little boy/girl and can accept their past.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Tonetta posted:

Okay you're cool enough to play in my treehouse

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Did your father fight for the americans or the vietnamese?

Also sorry if you're not vietnamese, it's just every Tran I know is vietnamese.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Do you support Hil-Dawg or Don T?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tonetta posted:

You're right, I should be ashamed that I did things with my life

i am only ashamed of your no boots builds

e: the chemistry stuff is scary sh*t

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's your stance on pizza? Is it a sandwich? Is a sandwich with cheese and tomatosauce a pizza? Where is the line drawn

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

exethan posted:

i am only ashamed of your no boots builds

Hahahaha, don't be jealous!! I clearly had a working gimmick

MG3 posted:

Did your father fight for the americans or the vietnamese?

Also sorry if you're not vietnamese, it's just every Tran I know is vietnamese.

I'm white and don't have any direct family in the military since ww2

G.I. Jaw posted:

Do you support Hil-Dawg or Don T?

Put them both in jail. We lost our only viable canidate this term when he sold out for a private jet

Zzulu posted:

What's your stance on pizza? Is it a sandwich? Is a sandwich with cheese and tomatosauce a pizza? Where is the line drawn

I'm from chicago so obviously I think it's a casserole

Who care about the classification, it tastes delicious!

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Tonetta posted:

I'm from chicago so obviously I think it's a casserole

Who care about the classification, it tastes delicious!

i love that you not only answer the retarded questions but that you also do it so badass

a good ama

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If you were marooned on a desert island and could only take:
* Five CDs (assume you have a solar-powered CD player)
* One book
* Any other item of your choice

What would you take?

And it's not like one of those crappy islands with literally nothing there are some trees and a potable water source somewhere think like Vanauatu or something.

I guess that means it's not really a desert island.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

A boat to go home on

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Jimmy Lee

Clearly, yes. Praise xhe

Autogynephilia exists in the sense that the latin roots translate to "self-woman-love" - and all women (even trans-women) should love themselves for whatever qualities give them strength. But that specific term itself isn't used with regularity any more because the men who coined the term back in the 80's also held many antiquated stances on the rapidly changing world of gender identity politics...
For example, the whole conceptual framework surrounding "Autogynephilia" assumes that all MtF trans-women must either be A) Men who are so goddamn gay for the penis that they must be physically altered to look like women in order to make their insatiable dick-lust more tolerable for society, or B) So goddamn gay for their own penis that the only "ideal woman" is gonna be themselves except with boobs, dresses, shaved legs and makeup. It's not that simple, never is.

Let's settle this, at least: Of course trans-men and trans-women are going to try to modify their appearances so they can look like their idealized, sexually-confident selves - generally speaking that's what everyone who cares about getting laid is out there doing, working out and working jobs to become slightly more appealing to a potential attractive mate. Meanwhile the rest of us are reading (and posting) in this thread. gently caress.

omg thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tonetta posted:

I mad the precursor to carpet underlay and some industrial explosives.
:haw:

Did you get to blow stuff up/see stuff get blown up or just make the stuff?

• Locked thread