Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HGH posted:

I was reading something yesterday about how Gumi hires posters and moderators on Reddit by bribing them with in-game items to poo poo up discussions and attack anyone badmouthing them or attempting to organize protests/boycotts. They caught some mods redhanded and had them banned but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.
EDIT: I searched the reddit and can find no such thing, seems like the posts were deleted.

It's not exactly being employed, but Gumi absolutely "compensated" mods of the Brave Frontier reddit with premium currency packages to keep the peace for a while there during that game's worst.

Vax posted:

Why Square Enix is outsourcing these awesome games and letting it get completely poo poo on by these bad companies is beyond me. The game itself is really good with a decent story and cool art. Why add a layer of turd ontop of it and try to milk the player base to no end? Just add a decent and fair $ shop to it and not be so blatant with it. You would have more players long term and more people willing to actually spend some cash without them feeling robbed.

Why did Square Enix outsource all of its ports to Matrix Software, a company known for violently hating fun and creativity? Who knows, but FF3/FF4 DS and FF5/FF6 iOS very definitely exist and Square insists that they are Definitely What You Should Spend Money On.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Out of curiosity is Garnet even good? Because I have Lenna and if Garnet isn't as good as her then I really don't care about Garnet, though it sucks for the FFIX fans who really want her.

Garnet is Lenna -1. She gets Curaja and Raise, but she misses out on Esuna (or any status clearing at all, honestly) and Cheer to instead get some utter garbage summon power boost effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'll just stick with my Lenna and not bother with the banner, then. And oh joy, another Lani from the half price summon today. I keep thinking eventually I'll get something good but I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I did however get the gold awakening trophy so that was a sweet 500 lapis, I think that's the only real gold I have a chance at getting for the moment, unless someone can tell me the trick to dealing the 300k damage in one turn or whatever it was.

e: never mind, Kefka vs Belmodar in the Earth Shrine exploration got it by himself. :v:

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 24, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
someone go brick Gumi's office or something.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't gotten anything off the banner from the half-price daily pull yet.

Speaking of which, hi there Firion. Have a seat over there, I'll get to you after I melt a buttload of cactuars into Celes over the weekend.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Why are there two trophies for Colosseum points and victories? A victory earns you 100 points so it just seems like it's two ways of tracking the exact same thing, especially since the third trophy, participation, tracks how many times you enter even if you lose.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just a way to prolong the grind because if you ever lose before reaching a boss you lose 50 points.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Just found this on reddit Estimates of Rare Summon Probabilities

This cant be correct, right? I mean 0.5% is loving ludicrous. But it would also pretty much explain why the regular banner "feels better" to pull from if not looking for a special character.

I mean I pulled Leo, Kafka and CoD on my rank 15 account within the first 10 pulls or something. Sure the rest were all Bediles, Shadows and Lanis but still. I cant be that lucky...?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got a golden crystal in my half price draw!

It was 4* Shadow! Guys I'm so excited.

Seriously though I've still got a nice chunk of free Lapis that I'm waiting on Lightning to spend. I have a whole bunch of decent units. Almost done with the Colosseum (Int rank S3) and I've killed the Demon Chimera.

Banging my head against the wall is a long way away.

The thing to remember about this game is the only way you can lose it is if you spend real money (or do those bullshit grind events.) Everything else just takes longer, but is doable.

I might recommend re-rolling for new players if they don't have one or two great units, but for reals, you can beat all but some of the optional challenge content with Rain, Lasswell, Fina and two other decent units.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Does anyone get Trust Masteries without scripting? Thanks to the most recent script posted, I've had it running pretty much constantly the last few days, and I still feel like I'm a week out from getting any TMs. My god it's a grind.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
you'd be someone who really didn't value their time to farm tm manually

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

New sword to get this afternoon it looks like. I'm liking how tellah trivializes a lot of stuff when paired with one decent physical unit.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

you'd be someone who really didn't value their time to farm tm manually

Or whale the gently caress out for tons of the same unit to fuse, which I am sure some people have done.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voodoo posted:

Does anyone get Trust Masteries without scripting? Thanks to the most recent script posted, I've had it running pretty much constantly the last few days, and I still feel like I'm a week out from getting any TMs. My god it's a grind.

Been casually grinding them for 2 months. At 56%

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Second four star on the half draw and it's Lani #2. gently caress this, gonna just save for Gilgamesh or something less stupid than draw another useless trashcan unit

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Rolled my first banner character from the half cost pull, it's Vivi! I'm taking this as a sign to quit blowing my lapis before I get slapped with a Lani. I just hope next month has better login rewards than a monthly free summon.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp. I think I'm done with half-price summons. Two kains in a row. loving seriously. Gumi is REALLY pushing my hand in not wanting to play.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully Gumi will give me some free items for this, but the game seems pretty decent for free. I guess I spent $1 a couple times last month on the magicite bundles, but for never spending money on pulls I have a team capable of easily finishing everything, a decent variety of characters, and plenty of Lapis sitting around. If I was looking for a specific pull I'd be disappointed, but I know that's how they get you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

Farplane trials will give you issues. The Demon Chimera nulls most elements, Intangir counters any and all magic by raining space rocks on your head with extreme prejudice. The former can be chumped with Bar-element spells and Drain, the latter is gonna be a bad time no matter what.

He can craft a handful of Drain spells and kill Demon Chimera that way. Of all trials, Demon Chimera is by far the easiest to cheese since you can solo it with a decently geared Exdeath. Demon Chimera gets mentioned as tough but it's actually not, at all, unless your team is simply not leveled and evolved.

Vax posted:

Why Square Enix is outsourcing these awesome games and letting it get completely poo poo on by these bad companies is beyond me.

Because the last time Square Enix tried to make a F2P mobile game we ended up with All The Bravest.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, when you get an Esper to 2* does it keep all its skill points? I have like 56 SP on Ifrit I've been holding until I can open his 2* fight.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
After around 20 rare pulls all f2p and 3 days of playing my main party is now: Leo, CoD, Fina, Kefka, Lenna

Is this okay to finish the game? Would love to get a Chizuru, WoL or even Exdeath. I'm asking myself if I am just this lucky or is this normal? Maybe new accounts get a secret buff to "pull" players in?

Also information: You can backup the entire app folder in /data/data on your droid with root and just copy it over to another android device. The game will then load the account. If you play on 2 devices simultaniously the changes ingame will be made instant and even that works. I just this mainly to switch between my 2 accounts. Was thinking about developping a switcher app with profiles and stuff that just renames the folders before starting the game. :lazyballs:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Yes it does. Hoarding the points until 2* is the best idea since you can see more of the skill tree and you know where to go to grab what. Make sure to just grab skills because at some point the Espers are supposed to get 3*

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

After around 20 rare pulls all f2p and 3 days of playing my main party is now: Leo, CoD, Fina, Kefka, Lenna

Is this okay to finish the game? Would love to get a Chizuru, WoL or even Exdeath. I'm asking myself if I am just this lucky or is this normal? Maybe new accounts get a secret buff to "pull" players in?

Also information: You can backup the entire app folder in /data/data on your droid with root and just copy it over to another android device. The game will then load the account. If you play on 2 devices simultaniously the changes ingame will be made instant and even that works. I just this mainly to switch between my 2 accounts. Was thinking about developping a switcher app with profiles and stuff that just renames the folders before starting the game. :lazyballs:

That team will beat the whole game easily. I would even swap out Fina for another DPS character since Lenna makes her redundant.

Also you're running the #1 Mage, the #2 Melee DPS, the #1 Healer and the #2 Tank in that group. Just refer to the Ranking list if you have any concerns on who to swap in for Fina

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
God drat, looking at the unit rankings tells me I've been really loving lucky.

If anything, the weakness I've got is that most of my units aren't future-proof.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Yeah a couple of those lowballers will have really high rating after 6* release. Like Rain, Laswell, Cecil, Firion, Garland... look at loving Exdeath 12.5 champ. God drat.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Seriously, but I mean, if his improvement from 5* to 6* is anywhere near as dramatic as 4* to 5* then he must be an absolute beast at 6*s

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Cleared a couple inactive goons and I've got 20 slots open - 5* Vaan up for grabs. 919,571,766

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

Seriously, but I mean, if his improvement from 5* to 6* is anywhere near as dramatic as 4* to 5* then he must be an absolute beast at 6*s

6* Exdeath can natively doublecast meteor, among his other boosts.

Government
Nov 2, 2004
Add another 5* Locke to the pile: 314709411. Comes with Barfira/watera/thundara and bugkiller.

Also anyone looking to see how there teams stack up to futureproofing can dive into the JP wiki here:

By Position(tank, mage, etc): https://translate.googleusercontent...NMEOPkbHwfGymJQ

Top Tiers: https://translate.googleusercontent...qBwvgIJja7Zglrg

Everyone sorted by max available rank: https://translate.googleusercontent...kP7fJJsYNInkHKw

Notables include Exdeath being the 3rd best mage behind 2 5* characters and Cecil/WoL still being 1-2 in the tanking department.

Government fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 25, 2016

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
I really hope we don't get all those type-0 characters.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Sometimes my companion doesn't gain any limit break meter, whats up with that?

Also, got a zidane on my half price summon, guess I'll stop complaining...for now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

:lol: 6* Tilith gets an AOE 100% full heal in addition to her AOE heal that recovers ~2500HP and ~50MP(excludes her as a target though). Oh, and a 100% hp revive because sure why not. :v:
(and all her 5* stuff, like the AOE curaja+Esuna combo skill)

Gonna be really hard to not whale for Tilith when that banner gets here since that 6* form took her from "still better than some 6* healers but not top tier" back to her prior status of "why would you even think of using someone else?"

Government
Nov 2, 2004

Tipme posted:

Sometimes my companion doesn't gain any limit break meter, whats up with that?

You have to be friends for your companion to gain limit/use their summon.

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

:lol: 6* Tilith gets an AOE 100% full heal in addition to her AOE heal that recovers ~2500HP and ~50MP(excludes her as a target though). Oh, and a 100% hp revive because sure why not. :v:
(and all her 5* stuff, like the AOE curaja+Esuna combo skill)

Gonna be really hard to not whale for Tilith when that banner gets here since that 6* form took her from "still better than some 6* healers but not top tier" back to her prior status of "why would you even think of using someone else?"

I don't understand why they would make a healer that is so much better then all the others in every way, wouldn't it be better to have a bunch of good healers who have their own sort of niche?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

need to give the whales something to chase

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

But wouldn't you want the whales to chase after a ton of different people instead of just one person? what if someone gets lucky and pulls her first time? that's a lot of potential money wasted.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I always wondered why games like these dont let you form a B and C team with thier own energy meters. It gives the whales more things to spend money on and nonwhales get some use out of the lesser units youd never use for the A team.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I want to see Cool and Refreshing Majin Fina's colorful water attribute attack.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

doomknight66 posted:

But wouldn't you want the whales to chase after a ton of different people instead of just one person? what if someone gets lucky and pulls her first time? that's a lot of potential money wasted.

If all the healers were good, then a lot of people would stop after they get just one. Having one healer be super rare and super good means that people will whale out until they get them even if it's .5%. They keep adding new power creep characters so whales will always have something new to spend money chasing.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I think the biggest question is why the hell Lani is shoved into the rare summon pool. Wouldn't she be a much better fit alongside Giott, Biggs & Wedge, and Sarah? Do any of the other FFs even have a tertiary minor character in their rare summon lineups?

Also, what's the point of the player characters having a race category if even people like Fran, Shantotto, and other clearly-not-human-with-canon-race-names are still listed as human?

...the answer is "Gumi", isn't it?

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Gotta keep the ratio of good to lovely characters the same, if they kept adding good ones eventually you'd have better odds of pulling a good character than 45 galufs/bediles/shadows

• Locked thread