Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

NPR local music programming is garbage.

Move to LA
http://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning-becomes-eclectic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

nerve posted:

Seeing people say hipster in 2016 is jarring as gently caress

All it means now is "Somebody that dresses or does things I don't like."

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Why would anyone listen to radio shows with decent production values, when they can listen to endless lovely podcasts that think they're edgy because they say "gently caress" a lot?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

Why would anyone listen to radio shows with decent production values, when they can listen to endless lovely podcasts that think they're edgy because they say "gently caress" a lot?

Hahaha, look at this hot take.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

So Donald Trump, who's only consistent message is that Hillary is corrupt and bought by money in politics, has hired as his deputy campaign manager the president of Citizens United - a name widely considered synonymous with the flood of money into politics?

Edit: I know the court case and the organization are different things but "oh no you misunderstand, he was just working for the organization which fought to gut the law" isn't going to help.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 2, 2016

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's like he's trying to find new ways to make Hilary want to destroy him completely and utterly.

Somewhere in the world Hillary Clinton is cracking her knuckles and announcing to to her interns "I'm going to enjoy this"

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Xand_Man posted:

Somewhere in the world Hillary Clinton is cracking her knuckles and announcing to to her interns "I'm going to enjoy this"

Hilary Clinton in arthritis scare!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Aren't podcast the one of the last bastions of investigative journalism? Sure thee is more crap than not, but podcasts are where the good interviews are happening. There's also El Chapo which is generally amazing if you can get past the giggling noise they use all the time.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Shifty Pony posted:

So Donald Trump, who's only consistent message is that Hillary is corrupt and bought by money in politics, has hired as his deputy campaign manager the president of Citizens United - a name widely considered synonymous with the flood of money into politics?

Edit: I know the court case and the organization are different things but "oh no you misunderstand, he was just working for the organization which fought to gut the law" isn't going to help.

Reminder: when Trump was asked on his reddit AMA what he would do to reduce the influence of big money in politics, his answer was simply "keep Crooked Hillary out of the White House!"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Xand_Man posted:

How many people don't know that Citizens United was a suit even related to HRC? Im betting at least 75%.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cheesus posted:

Best commentary on Prairie Home Companion was done over twenty years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmkq7yylRkU

Jokes like this are pretty much proof that the person making them has never actually listened to the show.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Haha jokes on you mister, the podcasts I listen to are even more nerdy and whitebread than even the most boring NPR show!

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Aren't podcast the one of the last bastions of investigative journalism? Sure thee is more crap than not, but podcasts are where the good interviews are happening. There's also El Chapo which is generally amazing if you can get past the giggling noise they use all the time.

Podcasts are far more relevant that radio shows, but we're in a thread where people are trying to defend fuckin' Prairie Home Companion, so...:shrug:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

zoux posted:

NPR local music programming is garbage.

It's the best music station here. Well, least bad.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
More Hilldawg shenanigans!

Did Hillary engineer Weiner's downfall?

quote:

Who, other than the man himself, worked to expose Anthony Weiner?

Before Tuesday’s announcement that Huma Abedin had finally come to her senses and was disposing of her sicko husband, the New York Post ran yet another piece about Weiner, showing him up to his old tricks.

In 2015, according to the story, the former Congressman and supposedly reformed sexter began exchanging suggestive and lewd texts with a buxom babe, sending crotch shots displaying his horniness as well as X-rated emojis. That is, in 2015, two years after he had to drop out of his mayoral run because had been caught out…again. Four years after resigning from Congress in the wake of the first revelations about his seamy sexting. The man simply cannot control himself.

But I digress. Now, back to the question of who “outed” Weiner -- my bet is on Hillary Clinton or a surrogate. Not Huma Abedin, Weiner’s wife and one of Clinton’s top aides who was clearly suffering Stockholm Syndrome and was unable to break loose of her idiot husband. But Hillary and others on her team surely recognized how dangerous Weiner could be if Mrs. Clinton were to become president. After all, the Clintons know about Bimbo eruptions.

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 2, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

What the gently caress is this? The radio is either playing all the same songs they've played for decades, or Top 40 trash. I don't see room for anything in between, and I've been getting new music from friends/going out and the internet. This is in Seattle. :psyduck:

the college radio around here is just real good i suppose, it plays a big variety of stuff, i like it a lot

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Of course Hillary purged Weiner.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

William F Cuckley posted:

He's a drifter who Don Drapered his way into working as a GOP hatchetman who was so terrible Newt Gingrich of all people forced him to resign.

All in all good people.

What happened to :newt: anyway? I haven't heard anything from him since shortly after he was passed over for VP. Is he bitter, or has he just realized that Trump is doomed and is making sure he's among the first rats off the ship?

Sword of Chomsky posted:

How many people don't know that Citizens United was a suit even related to HRC? Im betting at least 75%.

Considering the number of people who think she likes CU, I feel like you're really lowballing there.

Hillary can no longer bear to share her one true love with anyone else.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Man, did the media collectively decide that today was the day to absolutely lose their loving minds about Hillary ignoring them?

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Garrison Keillor is a loving piece of poo poo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

PerniciousKnid posted:

That's why I only listen to Mancow's Morning Madhouse, Chi-Town's premier raving jackass.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think we have ample evidence that Weiner doesn't need any help exposing himself, he does it just fine on his own.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
So, when should we expect the alleged mountains of oppo research that the Clinton campaign has gathered and is just waiting for the right moment to drop, to drop?

It's starting to remind me of the "political capital" talk we used to hear a lot of.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

Man, did the media collectively decide that today was the day to absolutely lose their loving minds about Hillary ignoring them?

Yes, today is the day the foxnews opinion pages started going after Hillary Clinton

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Kilroy posted:

So, when should we expect the alleged mountains of oppo research that the Clinton campaign has gathered and is just waiting for the right moment to drop, to drop?

Why do you think every Clinton ad is just Trump running his mouth?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

awesmoe posted:

Yes, today is the day the foxnews opinion pages started going after Hillary Clinton

Even Fox was kinda quiet about it beyond the usual Foxness, but everyone seems to be going in at the same time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

B B posted:

Garrison Keillor is a loving piece of poo poo.

Get your hot takes here! Perfect for heating your house in the coming winter!

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Kilroy posted:

It's starting to remind me of the "political capital" talk we used to hear a lot of.

My bet is about 3-5 days before the debates. Likely setup to be a new drop ever day so going into the debates there are 4-5 stories lingering in the air.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Until a radio station dedicates itself to video game soundtracks I have no choice but to play Splash Wave on full blast every day to work.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Who broke the really shady modeling story? Was that some opp research being dropped?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Could it be that a guy just couldn't keep it zipped?

No. It was a women's fault.

:jerkbag:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

Probably the day before Election Day after they shrug and say "might as well" because Trump has spent the entire fall generating his own negative press.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That was the contents of the text that Clinton forced him at gunpoint to send, correct

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I just got called on my cell phone for a poll about regulating short-term housing rental in LA. They asked a few different wordings of a question about whether I supported making short-term rentals pay hotel tax and limiting the number of days a place can be rented out, then they read me quotes from pairs of totally-real people with opposing opinions on regulation and asked me who I agreed with more. Hamilton, Garcia, and Smith were libertarian shitlords, while Anderson, Sanchez, and Chen agreed with me that Airbnb can suck it. The only demographic question they asked me was my race.

I don't know if that's interesting to anybody, but we talk about polls a lot and since I've never resided in a swing state this was my first time getting a call like this, so I thought others might be curious. I hope my adamant yet concisely-worded responses will help unfuck the rental market here in LA.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

zoux posted:

The very same.

His campaign is the Serpentor of political dickbags. Hopefully they won't try to clone Atwater.

Crush this campaign finance reform amendment! THIS, I COMMAND!

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is painfully unfunny--the Borowitz Report of NPR

Is there a radio show or podcast in the US that is similar to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but actually funny and satirical? I know the UK has The News Quiz, which is consistently very good and is often sharp in their political commentary. WWDTM is just too boring and milquetoast for me.

Generally I wish our radio shows were as good as BBC Radio 4's.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Donkwich posted:

Is there a radio show or podcast in the US that is similar to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but actually funny and satirical? I know the UK has The News Quiz, which is consistently very good and is often sharp in their political commentary. WWDTM is just too boring and milquetoast for me.

Generally I wish our radio shows were as good as BBC Radio 4's.

I enjoy Ask Me Another!

However it requires tolerance for puns and anagrams

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Yinlock posted:

What're they going to do with a Clinton presidency when they pull tabloid poo poo and suddenly find themselves replaced with a different news outlet in the WH press briefings because Hilary's sick of their stupid poo poo? :allears:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Wow, the head of Latinos for Trump just said on national TV that the reconquista is real and inevitable, and without Donald Trump there will be "taco trucks on every corner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Shillary posted:

Wow, the head of Latinos for Trump just said on national TV that the riconquista is real and inevitable, and Without Donald Trump there will be "taco trucks on every corner".

Good.

• Locked thread