Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
As an Astros fan, I can't cheer for the Rangers under any circumstances, but I can see why fans of any other team would bandwagon them. I'd be a little happy for Beltran if he won I guess, but it'd be like Berkman winning with the loving Cardinals.

I know this is probably wrong, but I might actually bandwagon the Red Sox if/when the Stros are out. I know I know, Boston sports, but come on... Papi, Price, JBJ, they've got some cool dudes right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Have you heard of our lord and savior the Cubs?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

As an Astros fan, I can't cheer for the Rangers under any circumstances, but I can see why fans of any other team would bandwagon them. I'd be a little happy for Beltran if he won I guess, but it'd be like Berkman winning with the loving Cardinals.

I know this is probably wrong, but I might actually bandwagon the Red Sox if/when the Stros are out. I know I know, Boston sports, but come on... Papi, Price, JBJ, they've got some cool dudes right?

I recommend Cleveland for your situation

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
everybody looking at the playoffs in the AL is somehow likable. Even the new-look Yankees are somehow an okay option

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
^^^
It's gonna be funny when the Yankees become my adopted AL team as a result of their lineup including Castro and Torres.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Same. And extra delicious when you see it in a post that also pitches the team that employs Aroldis Chapman as the team you should bandwagon

e: to be clear I'm not trying to throw shade at the Cubs, just lol'ing at the cognitive dissonance

You're not wrong.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Say no to: Boston Red Sox, the loving Mets

Yes to: Dodgers,

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

Even the new-look Yankees are somehow an okay option

:shobon:

I'm glad somebody else said it so I didn't have to.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the Yankees

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Really though, root for whoever you want.

Except the Yankees, gently caress the Yankees.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Popete posted:

Have you heard of our lord and savior the Cubs?

No.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If the Jays don't make it I'm all in for Cleveland as my AL choice because they have like 4 fans total.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Popete posted:

If the Jays don't make it I'm all in for Cleveland as my AL choice because they have like 4 fans total.

I went to the Sox-Indians game yesterday and it was like half Cleveland fans.

So 4 is correct.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

eh, not sure the city of Cleveland is ready for two championships in the same year. Could be a bad idea.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

gently caress the Yankees

Hey remember when the Yankees got Starlin Castro for a few months of bad Adam Warren?

:unsmigghh:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey remember when the Yankees got Starlin Castro for a few months of bad Adam Warren?

:unsmigghh:

Never forget, never forgive.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Jays are reportedly going to hire Ben Cherington as VP of baseball ops? Good news for their farm system I guess.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Very nice for all of the Jays rotation to go pumpkin at the same time.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Never forget, never forgive.

2017 schedule is out, Starlin returns to Wrigley :unsmith:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

They better play his old walk up music when he comes up to bat.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I've got my jersey laid out already, maybe it's time to spring for tickets behind the visitors dugout.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Sydin posted:

That would own so hard.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
e. wrong thread.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

i would be beyond shocked if we didn't.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The Braves traded for Joe Wieland for some reason.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Same. And extra delicious when you see it in a post that also pitches the team that employs Aroldis Chapman as the team you should bandwagon

e: to be clear I'm not trying to throw shade at the Cubs, just lol'ing at the cognitive dissonance

Ah, poo poo. I completely forgot about loving Aroldis.

Umm.

Hrm.

The Orioles?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The answer is the Yankees. (Growing up in northern NJ might be influencing my opinion.)

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Hand Knit posted:

Remember when Jays fans were smug that they signed Happ and not Price?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Hand Knit posted:

Well with everyone but Dickey and Estrada at or near career high IPs, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Not that it would surprise anyone, but with the Cubs having a Magic# of 1 against the Cardinals and a Magic# of 3 against the Giants since those two teams have a 4 game series this weekend the Cubs are officially a playoff team.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Twin Cinema posted:

Remember when Jays fans were smug that they signed Happ and not Price?

If the Jays miss the wildcard game we can at least look forward to the nuclear takes that will be aimed at Shapiro.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Root for the Indians as your interim bandwagon to force America to acknowledge and have a (obnoxious) debate full of disingenuous hand-wringing over their racist logo.

[And if the racism really bothers you console yourself by reading up on Larry Doby. The Indians' history is, bizarrely, simultaneously both racist and racially progressive.]

Also, so that all baseball and cinema-themed cable channels will start showing Major League repeatedly. And it's inferior sequels, too, probably. But the first film is legitimately great.

Also they are the closest AL counterpart to the Cubs in loveable loser/haven't won in anybody you know's lifetime, so if that's why you're bandwagoning the Cubs on the NL side....

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Braves also traded for Josh Collmenter

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
N: Giants just got swept by the lowly Padres at home.

V: EYB is right on track for a fourth consecutive World Series Championship.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Even Year Bullshit is dead to the point I'm gonna change my avatar soon.

The team, it's bad.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Not a single 9th inning or later comeback all season. 0-57 now when trailing after the 8th.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

While we're at it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwyXR--O1M4

edit: holy poo poo there's more

A large farva fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 15, 2016

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Mister Perky posted:

Root for the Indians as your interim bandwagon to force America to acknowledge and have a (obnoxious) debate full of disingenuous hand-wringing over their racist logo.

[And if the racism really bothers you console yourself by reading up on Larry Doby. The Indians' history is, bizarrely, simultaneously both racist and racially progressive.]

Also, so that all baseball and cinema-themed cable channels will start showing Major League repeatedly. And it's inferior sequels, too, probably. But the first film is legitimately great.

Also they are the closest AL counterpart to the Cubs in loveable loser/haven't won in anybody you know's lifetime, so if that's why you're bandwagoning the Cubs on the NL side....

Also Napoli/Lindor/Kipnis are all cool as gently caress and their pitching staff is really talented even if Salazar is dead.

Supposedly Bauer's a real douche but there's a pretty good chance he's on the spectrum so you can forgive it if you're so inclined

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Giants did better when they were just a front for the Rivercats

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Hand Knit posted:

If the Jays miss the wildcard game we can at least look forward to the nuclear takes that will be aimed at Shapiro.

If I have my finger on the pulse of sports radio, it's all Gibby's fault for not playing small ball and screwing around Sanchez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

OK O's. Please stop playing with my heart.

Either go on another massive run, or poo poo the bed like we've been expecting all season. None of this wishy-washy poo poo please.

Ubaldo? Just be good or bad as well. Thanks. we all know youre bad its cool that you havent been lately but we know its going to fall apart

That is all

• Locked thread