Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Aralan posted:

Haha, at least she's got a pretty good TM reward

Also if you run macros make sure all your important characters are locked in case it runs off the rails and starts trying to merge them

Yeah, after that I spent a moment double checking and just locking any unit to avoid any further fuckups, even if its Rizen and maybe getting HP+10% on the next get cactuars on FP pulls event. I'm just glad I didn't throw it into the cactuars I've been using to level up some leftovers to fill in the unit encyclopedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sacred Crystals are starting to drop for me pretty regularly in the maze. I barely got them before now.

The maze RNG is interesting. I had 5 one and dones in a row yesterday.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I've discovered that if you alternate between devices, the game resets whatever it is you were doing from the beginning. So I've been able to restart my fight with Brachiosaur without using any airplane mode fuckery. So give it a whirl on Nox, when he snorts out Lenna turn 1, kill Nox and load up the game on my phone and BAM, turn 1 again everybody's happy. Unfortunately I've done this like 5 times and can still not kill him because he's a bastard... hopefully I won't get banned

\/\/ - Oh.. maybe? I have no idea. I do get any items I happen to have used back though, so I guess that's a plus

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 27, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Can't you just run away from the fight and start over? It doesn't use any energy up fighting those farplane bosses I thought

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

I've discovered that if you alternate between devices, the game resets whatever it is you were doing from the beginning. So I've been able to restart my fight with Brachiosaur without using any airplane mode fuckery. So give it a whirl on Nox, when he snorts out Lenna turn 1, kill Nox and load up the game on my phone and BAM, turn 1 again everybody's happy. Unfortunately I've done this like 5 times and can still not kill him because he's a bastard... hopefully I won't get banned

\/\/ - Oh.. maybe? I have no idea. I do get any items I happen to have used back though, so I guess that's a plus

People used this exploit to skip Explorations (doing this trick at will fully complete the explo for you, fights included) but Gumi bans for this so be careful.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

People used this exploit to skip Explorations (doing this trick at will fully complete the explo for you, fights included) but Gumi bans for this so be careful.

Oh.. Actually I got the idea from starting an exploration yesterday on Nox and then going to finish it on my phone and was back to the beginning. So they probably fixed it to reset the exploration instead of complete it at some point.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 27, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
loving hell, today is just not my day. a 4* Edgar as my half-priced pull. And I've gotten to the end twice today in the dungeon. loving Gigantuars each time. I'm not COMPLAINING about 100k EXP, but when the prize is SUPPOSED to be Minitaurs at the end...yea, I'm kinda getting pissed at this bullshit.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

^^^^ - There is only one correct door on the last screen.... either left or right will have 3 minitaurs and the other just has a gigantuar.

Am I using sealing blade wrong or something? When Brachiosaur says he's focusing power, I give everyone the command for Blizzaga, except for Celes, who casts sealing blade. She gets the little butterfly thingy over her head, and then Brachiosaur casts Ultima and everybody dies.

edit: Figured it out, apparently it just absorbs the next spell that's cast, I noticed that I was only getting 2 Blizzagas, out of the 3 that were cast, so apparently Celes was absorbing one of them and then everybody was getting raped. So you have to make sure all your other characters have cast their spells, and then cast sealing blade... weird. Also I killed him, yay! Super excited for my killer bow that no one can use.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 27, 2016

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
One of my Maze runs.. good lord.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I decided to burn all my google credit I'd saved up from surveys (around 18 bucks) and get the mytril Desire chest for a couple bucks. did an 11-pull.

Damned if the crystal that came down wasn't rainbow, and fuckin' Lightning. Hot dang.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
A Yuzo Koshiro song, then going right at the end, has gotten me the minituar end about 4 times out of 20. Not bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

I decided to burn all my google credit I'd saved up from surveys (around 18 bucks) and get the mytril Desire chest for a couple bucks. did an 11-pull.

Damned if the crystal that came down wasn't rainbow, and fuckin' Lightning. Hot dang.

Google Credit is a US only thing right?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Level 80 Chizuru thanks to the event. 5* Firion's getting some levels now and then Celes will probably be next.

TARDISman posted:

Why sure, I'd love another Ludmille 1/2 pull, game, now both Terra and Kefka get Dualcast. :smug:

My 1/2 pull yesterday gave me Ludmille #12 because I chased the Lightning and won't stop. Today I got Bedile'd so gently caress it I'm done with the banner. :saddowns:

widespread posted:

Which is why this Lightning banner must be selling like gangbusters.

#67 on top grossing apps atm, no idea what it was on the day the banner hit.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

Google Credit is a US only thing right?

I know there's a Hong Kong version, but other than that, I dunno. Try installing the Google Survey app? It doesn't make a lot of money but every couple days you spend 30 seconds to answer like 3 questions, and get 10-30 cents out of it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I threw in for some lapis for stamina to power through the maze. So far I've added maxed out Locke, Celes, Kefka, and Lenna to my roster. Next up is Charlotte, Chizuru, and probably the Fencer.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Don't get too trigger happy. Later versions of the maze drops the NRG cost from 10 to 8. Better to wait for that if you're using lapis.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My half price pull today was Amarant. I didn't have any tanks for the longest time, and in the past couple weeks I've gotten Leo, Charlotte, and Amarant. I'm leveling Charlotte first altho I like that goofy FF9 dude and love Leo. She just seems like the lowest effort tank.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shark Tower posted:

Don't get too trigger happy. Later versions of the maze drops the NRG cost from 10 to 8. Better to wait for that if you're using lapis.

Or you could be like me and burn lapis on a continue for the Brachiosaur because drat it I got it down to 10% health don't let those elixirs go to waste :saddowns:

I don't regret it, if for no other reason than finding out what happens when a character attacks after they've been snorted. (Also, finding out that continues undo Snort status. This is something that is not true in, for example, FFRK.)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got Cecil, Charlotte and Amarant recently too. Everyone's on the backburner until I can finish my Kefkas tho.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh yeah, I did a bit of a purge, so I have a ton of room, if anyone wants to add me. I can toss up whatever leader people need.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

I got Cecil, Charlotte and Amarant recently too. Everyone's on the backburner until I can finish my Kefkas tho.

Right, about to get my 3rd Kefka to 80 with one still on deck.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I pulled a couple more times, because I'm a loving smuck.

3* Charlotte (My fourth)
3* Penello
4* Lani

Excuse me, I need to gargle acid. I feel for everyone who gets Laniowned. I hate the fact I like this game. I'm surprised Gumi doesn't give extra poo poo to people who whale on this game...oh wait, they buy off mods on Redit, nevermind.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kemix posted:

I pulled a couple more times, because I'm a loving smuck.

3* Charlotte (My fourth)
3* Penello
4* Lani

Excuse me, I need to gargle acid. I feel for everyone who gets Laniowned. I hate the fact I like this game. I'm surprised Gumi doesn't give extra poo poo to people who whale on this game...oh wait, they buy off mods on Redit, nevermind.

I did make an in app purchase right before I got Lightning to drop... :tinfoil:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm okay with bad rates as long as those rare-as-gently caress characters aren't essential for late-game content (or at least PvE late-game, PvP is always Whale City). So far Brave Exvius is like this, although I'm not sure how bad it got in Japan. You might not get the shiny toy, but a bunch of very good characters are 3* base so eventually you end up with a solid team.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
did an 11 Draw

got a 4* Ludmille(now 3, so thumbs up)
a shitload of Charlottes
2 bidiles
Mr. Thou
a 5*........................Hayate. Oh well at least he has a decent TM

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dias posted:

I'm okay with bad rates as long as those rare-as-gently caress characters aren't essential for late-game content (or at least PvE late-game, PvP is always Whale City). So far Brave Exvius is like this, although I'm not sure how bad it got in Japan. You might not get the shiny toy, but a bunch of very good characters are 3* base so eventually you end up with a solid team.

Aside from doing the special bullshit in newer trials (Gilgamesh, Ultros, whatever) you're probably going to be fine, especially if you have good 5* units that get 6* forms. I don't think any current healers have 6* forms in Japan yet (maybe Lenna/Garnet will get one sooner or later) but people with units like WoL/Cecil/CoD/Chizuru/Exdeath are going to get 6* forms for those units and they'll last for a long time. My main team is now WoL/CoD/Chizuru/Exdeath/Lenna for example, so while I chased Lightning and didn't get her my team is largely future-proofed. Even Lenna, since I have 12 Ludmilles so I'll be able to get at least two copies of double cast without too much hassle. Though I'll probably only focus on getting one in the semi-near future since I want to try and grind out xiao/locke/kefka/lenna/hayate for TMs first.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Why Xiao?

\/\/ - right but who is going to use it? Do you use Amarant or something? Or is the Kaiser Knuckle way better than I'm remembering?

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 28, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kaiser Knuckle.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Shoenin posted:

Mr. Thou

Good ol' Sabin.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
What do people prefer I have up? I'm really not sure at this point. Usually I have up my 373 attack Fencer, but I also have CoD, Kefka, Exdeath, and Lenna that I could put up as leader.

Is saving Star Quartz for the later stuff worth it, or should I go all in on Earrings? With my magic heavy team, they're tempting, but that hat that gives Magic/Spirit boost that shows up later looks great as well.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I've been always taking the middle door every run, never got to the end once. Furthest I've gone was 3 doors? but like 1 time. Might need to switch up my strategy.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Tipme posted:

I've been always taking the middle door every run, never got to the end once. Furthest I've gone was 3 doors? but like 1 time. Might need to switch up my strategy.

It's really just RNG. I've gone all middle till the left/right branch a couple times, switched it up and gotten to the end, or ended after 1 door just as often. It's possible that there's no real correct door and just a flat% chance to advance, it's just a game after all

Mischalaniouse posted:

What do people prefer I have up? I'm really not sure at this point. Usually I have up my 373 attack Fencer, but I also have CoD, Kefka, Exdeath, and Lenna that I could put up as leader.

Is saving Star Quartz for the later stuff worth it, or should I go all in on Earrings? With my magic heavy team, they're tempting, but that hat that gives Magic/Spirit boost that shows up later looks great as well.

Grab some earrings, I may even pick up the counter belt with all the star quartz from this event.

edit: Equip Hat and the Circlet is slightly better than a 10% MAG on Exdeath, gotta minmax until I get these Shantottos done

e2: just went 2/4 getting to the final branch going all mid RNG is RNG

Victis fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 28, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp. Another 500 lapis down the drain...3* Fran...I'm done pulling. This game is seeing fit to bend me over the nearest table and give me the business.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Just do the half-price, you'll get most of the grood* units eventually.

I got Locke today! And Lani yesterday. Didn't have either!

*great and good

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

McSpankWich posted:

Why Xiao?

\/\/ - right but who is going to use it? Do you use Amarant or something? Or is the Kaiser Knuckle way better than I'm remembering?

A lot more people can equip knuckles than you'd expect. On top of Firion and Amarant, fan-favorite Vaan can take the Kaiser Knucks and just punch a dude in the face.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
It's me. I'm the guy who just pulled a half price Lightning.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kegslayer posted:

It's me. I'm the guy who just pulled a half price Lightning.

Woo coolkids club!

I hope there's an FF4 banner sometime soon, I really would like a Cecil.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Got Kriled. Never ever lucky.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
daily draw, 9th CHARLOTTE

they ever get a character named Johnathan as a BE original character later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I got a Galuf. :negative:

• Locked thread