Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
New rank in the Colosseum available starting tomorrowright now, with some rare items.

Also the apology stamina item has a 5 day expiration apparently, rather than the usual 30. I tend to hoard the NRG for weekends with special events like Magicite, but will use it today for the maze or tomorrow for the new event instead.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We get a 100 lapis and a bunch of energy in compensation.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

kalensc posted:

New rank in the Colosseum available starting tomorrow, with some rare items.

Also the apology stamina item has a 5 day expiration apparently, rather than the usual 30. I tend to hoard the NRG for weekends with special events like Magicite, but will use it today for the maze or tomorrow for the new event instead.

New Colosseum is actually today.

e: Suddenly real glad I got a Ribbon TM out of the way. Kinda felt like I'd wasted the time on it prior to this, but if Colo stuff is spamming petrify, well....

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 29, 2016

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Ugh, 7th shantotto. The problem with that is the Tom seems so useful and I would take as many as possible, so I'm stuck with him.

Edit: 8th, miscounted

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Sweet, got a 1/2 off Charlotte!

6* vaan is super sweet. New global-first coli rank is awesome. 5* penelo is ?????????

tophet posted:

Ugh, 7th shantotto. The problem with that is the Tom seems so useful and I would take as many as possible, so I'm stuck with him.

Edit: 8th, miscounted

8 will fill up 2 mages which as someone with 5 already, is pretty drat op.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Is there any reason to use Charlotte over Cecil, or even keep her around?

I've got 3 of them and her TM doesn't even seem particularly noteworthy, so unless there's benefit to mashing them together I'm just going to get rid of her.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
:clyned: :frogout:

A lot of new content. Good stuff. That banner is kinda meh tho isnt it? Holding my 10k lapis back for now maybe blow it before Lightning ends?

Lets see if this 6* event is macroable. :frogin:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

Is there any reason to use Charlotte over Cecil, or even keep her around?

I've got 3 of them and her TM doesn't even seem particularly noteworthy, so unless there's benefit to mashing them together I'm just going to get rid of her.

Tm's good for boosted defense on healers/ peeps with no off-hand equippables, and she has a sidequest and exclusive aoe esuna granting shield, so most likely ffbe original chara candidate for getting 6* someday.

I've got cecil too, so probably not gonna actually use her either, at least until/if she gets 6*.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

Tm's good for boosted defense on healers/ peeps with no off-hand equippables, and she has a sidequest and exclusive aoe esuna granting shield, so most likely ffbe original chara candidate for getting 6* someday.

I've got cecil too, so probably not gonna actually use her either, at least until/if she gets 6*.

There's also the fact that until Cecil gets his 6 star, she is just flat out better than him. Her limit break trades the spirit boost for full party heal, and she covers allies at 50%

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
I really hope they mix up the event order a bit for global, but I don't think they will by the looks of it. Oh well, guess I can save up my Lapis for a different banner.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
No Ramza sucks, but I still want Delita so I'll do at least an 11 pull on it, probably won't spend any of my tickets though.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

MrLonghair posted:

FF12 Banner Deets

Rassler instead of Basch? What?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Esuna can't cure stone? Wow that's really fuckin' stupid!

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I just came here to say the same thing.

Why? This makes no sense.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, graviga doesn't work either fyi. Thankfully made a bunch of stonas while trophy farming. Though haven't had to use it yet, since chaining focused 4x thundagas is melting everything right now.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Oh cool, Freya from the 1/2 price today. :cool:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Vexrm posted:

I just came here to say the same thing.

Why? This makes no sense.

Yeah I can understand Disease not being curable by Esuna because that's been true in the games where it appears but Esuna has always cured stone in the games. Ugh, guess I'd better make a Stona for Lenna then.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

McSpankWich posted:

Oh cool, Freya from the 1/2 price today. :cool:

Nice, Freya bros. Someone to put my gungnirs on, eventually.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How high should I try to get Exdeath's limit break? I've got him to 7 from burst pots in the maze, is just getting him to 10 and awakening him to 5* good enough?

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

6* Vaan, hooray! Looks like he keeps his Gungnir, gets a Barrage (Luna at 68.2% TM) and will be a permanent part of any team I make. His commands will be easy: Full Break, Focus, Barrage, repeat. Might need some of Tellah's MP+30% on longer battles to keep that going, or just barrels of Turbo Ethers.

Also, base 5* units in Gumi's gatcha scheme are bullshit. I've never even seen a rainbow crystal.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Gumi should put an account bonus for like $10 where you can eliminate certain characters from all rolls moving forward.

I'd pay $10 to never see a Bedile again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I see Gumi's splitting up the FFT banner in two banners. Never change you greedy fuckers.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah it's really loving dumb. Like how Roselia's LB is "aoe cure and status removal" except it doesn't remove several status effects. At least Stona is easy to get and you get free accessories to make Lenna immune to silence/stun/stone so you only have to worry about confusion unless you can TM grind a ribbon.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Echophonic posted:

How high should I try to get Exdeath's limit break? I've got him to 7 from burst pots in the maze, is just getting him to 10 and awakening him to 5* good enough?

Wait, doesn't awakening a unit reset LB progress? Or does it just clear the bar?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

widespread posted:

Wait, doesn't awakening a unit reset LB progress? Or does it just clear the bar?

It increases the number needed to go to the next level.

3* takes 300 at Level 1.
4* takes 700.
5* takes 1500.

When awakening it keeps the current progress on a level in numerical, not percentage, terms. So if you're at 150/300 when you awaken, it becomes 150/700 rather than maintaining a half-full bar at 350/700.

Short story: don't awaken a 3* Cecil, ExDeath, Lenna, or (insert good LB buff/debuff character here) if you want to efficiently level that LB up.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
This is what I get for trying to whale for lightning on the final day.

At least I have two Chizurus now..

MohShuvuu fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 29, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I will say this for Gumi, there has not been a shortage of content to do. I just beat Veritas of the Wind yesterday and I still have three more explorations to complete on this island. Also all the quests and vault keys, etc. I want to stop running the maze, but spending energy on anything else just seems wasteful...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

kalensc posted:

Short story: don't awaken a 3* Cecil, ExDeath, Lenna, or (insert good LB buff/debuff character here) if you want to efficiently level that LB up.

... whoops. My ExDeath's at 4* about to be 5*. Might just staple my two LB pots to him. Or one to him and one to Cecil.

MohShuvuu posted:

This is what I get for trying to whale for lightning on the final day.

At least I have Chizuru now..

Don't tempt me to whale. I still need some good physical damage guys, and I have a few Charlottes already.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

5* base, 4* base, and a character who can't equip weapons! I think I'll sit this next banner out entirely, I can't get a 4*+ base character at all (I started with the... Chiziru/Kefka/Golbez? banner and I've pulled a fair bit on the WoL banner and the facebook banner) and Alma just sounds awkward and I still have a Lenna.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
$80 for $100 worth of Lapis using Amazon Coins:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/552ymv/reminder_with_the_app_being_on_amazon_now_you_can/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Join the pink-haired waifu club today and be the envy of goons everywhere.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

widespread posted:

... whoops. My ExDeath's at 4* about to be 5*. Might just staple my two LB pots to him. Or one to him and one to Cecil.

Don't tempt me to whale. I still need some good physical damage guys, and I have a few Charlottes already.

I ended up with 2 Chizurus, 1 Artemios, and 14 Ludmilles.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Scrublord Prime posted:

5* base, 4* base, and a character who can't equip weapons! I think I'll sit this next banner out entirely, I can't get a 4*+ base character at all (I started with the... Chiziru/Kefka/Golbez? banner and I've pulled a fair bit on the WoL banner and the facebook banner) and Alma just sounds awkward and I still have a Lenna.

Doesn't Fina beat out Lenna in terms of White Magery?

MohShuvuu posted:

I ended up with 2 Chizurus, 1 Artemios, and 14 Ludmilles.

A Chorizo or three sounds fuckin' nice. Probably for autos only but like... yeah.

Cartoon Man posted:

Join the pink-haired waifu club today and be the envy of goons everywhere.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius: Lightning Strikes Your Wallet Edition

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

widespread posted:

Fina doesn't learn Esuna or Curaja. Lenna also has a more useful LB.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Anyone know a good place to get iron ore? I need 60 for shining splendor but I'm not finding any for more than 1 per 10ish energy.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
So I'm reading the Wiki page on Alma and it says her LB is a party heal with damage to caster that increases with her * level, and she learns no skills but stone throw until 4*

Does someone on the BE team hate Alma or what?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Unless you direly need him for hard content right now, keep him low stars. His lb is REALLY good levelled up and it's REALLY hard to get it up at later *'s.

Shingouryu posted:

So I'm reading the Wiki page on Alma and it says her LB is a party heal with damage to caster that increases with her * level, and she learns no skills but stone throw until 4*

Does someone on the BE team hate Alma or what?

It's so people can do 6 Almas gilgamesh trial clear gimmick runs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

tophet posted:

Anyone know a good place to get iron ore? I need 60 for shining splendor but I'm not finding any for more than 1 per 10ish energy.

The official list, but I don't know which drops it the best.
https://exviuswiki.com/Iron_Ore

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Phantom Forest is probably the best, mostly because it's the best for everything. I got a shitload of Iron Ore while I was grinding for Mog Cakes and Hero Ring mats though, so probably Wolfsfang Peak/Zadehl Westersand/Maranda Coast/Dwarves Forge

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Welp. Last day for the lightning banner...and 3* Cyan as a half-price pull...don't tempt me game. I must appease RNGesus and all, but...fuuuuuuck...Also, PSA on Esuna. IT DOESN'T CURE ALL AILMENTS. I went into Adv Colloseum, my cheez got petrified. GUESS WHAT DIDN'T WORK ON REMOVING IT!? :shepicide:

Kemix fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I guess they got the Google Play achievements working or something because yesterday I got a ton of achievements for the trophies I've gotten since I started playing.

Same for the Game Center Achievements on iOS.

widespread posted:

A Chorizo or three sounds fuckin' nice. Probably for autos only but like... yeah.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius: Lightning Strikes Your Wallet Edition

Mods? This is an excellent idea.

Cartoon Man posted:

I will say this for Gumi, there has not been a shortage of content to do. I just beat Veritas of the Wind yesterday and I still have three more explorations to complete on this island. Also all the quests and vault keys, etc. I want to stop running the maze, but spending energy on anything else just seems wasteful...

You got that right. You will never. It have anything to do in this game, especially if you have the Cavern Ore for 3 (!!!) Shining Splendors...

• Locked thread