Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dolph sucks rear end and I want Miz to crush him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vaguido posted:

The three way promo main event on Smackdown was very good. Both AJ and Dean punching down on Cena verbally before a couple of cool spots to send everyone home happy. The Dirty Deeds on the ramp was really good.

Dean's promo was especially great. I still want AJ to retain and hold the belt for a while, but I want Dean still in the picture after this. He's really been picking himself back up after a somewhat lethargic title run.

yeah this owned. it's crazy how much more real the talk has been on SD compared to the poo poo on Raw I hear coming out. I don't want AJ to drop to either of these guys and Dean isn't the next guy I want to do it but I'm coming around to him holding it again in the future if his ringwork improves. Also funny how Cena comes across as a huge dick in any exchange lately. More than ever I want Joe or Nakamura to get on SD to completely gently caress his poo poo up before going after AJ.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

HerraS posted:

wheres the SMACKDOWN LIVE report oatgan!!!!!

where is it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

please don't yell at me I can't handle that kind of pressure

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oatgan please make this my avatar :3:

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Something I've really enjoyed about the three way feud is how you can understandably root for any of the three. They all have their own good and bad points, and they aren't hiding them to benefit any wrestler. You can boo or cheer any one of the three and you have legitimate reasons to do so rather than "Cheer John because he's the face" or "Boo John because you like heels, YOU loving SMARKS".

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Vaguido posted:

Something I've really enjoyed about the three way feud is how you can understandably root for any of the three. They all have their own good and bad points, and they aren't hiding them to benefit any wrestler. You can boo or cheer any one of the three and you have legitimate reasons to do so rather than "Cheer John because he's the face" or "Boo John because you like heels, YOU loving SMARKS".

Its amazing how easy it is to like John Cena's character when he has the tiniest amount of edge and humanity diluting his perfect heroism and other characters react to him in reasonable ways instead of as if he were a perfect hero.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Dolph sucks rear end and I want Miz to crush him

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Alexa Bliss is good

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dolph Ziggler is bad and i want him SHOOT fired from the WWE. How can you be bad on talking smack?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Sanguinia posted:

Not to mention Goldberg's general unhappiness with the backstage environment in WWE combined with being set for life financially after WCW. I vaguely recall rumors that he disliked WWE's creative direction as a company as well, AND rumors that he was victim of Triple H engaging in full-scale politicing and using his influence with the boys to turn them against him even more than they already were.

I really wish there was an OSW/AEP/New Gen Project style podcast that went into the first Brand Split period. There's so much focus on the end of the attitude era and the debacle of the WCW/ECW Invasion, but Mania 18 to Mania 21 is a fascinating period of wrestling history.

Yeah, that would be really awesome if there was something like that. It is a really fascinating period that hasn't been dissected much.

It's a weird time where the TV and PPV numbers were at a level that would be considered a dream in the modern day, the live show business was struggling big time to the point they were considering stopping house shows, and while the WWE casual fans were still very high in numbers, it might be the least interested the internet/hardcore fans ever were, and the missing WCW faithful weren't tuning in (and maybe still haven't). I'd really love to hear some behind the scene thoughts on the booking and mindset of the time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HerraS posted:

where is it
Here you go:

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
it's hammertime

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

stop

please

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mojo please stop

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

Mojo is awful.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm okay with Goldberg coming back as long as someone repeats the Bret wearing a metal plate under a hockey jersey to block a spear spot.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

Oh right....The Vaudevillains exist

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Put Mojo Rawley in a tag team with Dolph

then fire them both

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

that's hype af

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

Dying at Ryder in the background

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Maybe now that the luster has worn off Lesnar a bit and the whole steroid embarrassment debacle they've decided to try and transfer his heat to someone who could put on a fresh program and is less likely to be an obstinate prick

Like at this point I really don't give a poo poo about who beats Brock but Goldberg coming back, squashing Brock then going undefeated until he puts like, Cesaro or Sami Zayn over? It's not my favorite plan in the world but I can live with it

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
brock is not gonna lose to Goldberg, that makes way too much sense, just like the last five times brock should have lost

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Golashes posted:

brock is not gonna lose to Goldberg, that makes way too much sense, just like the last five times brock should have lost
actually it makes no sense to have a 50 year old with like 2 matches left in him to be the one to beat Brock. Oh.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goldberg is going to win.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Theyre gonna team up and become GoldBrock

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
LesBerg

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Actually, Goldberg will be putting HHH over

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

dromal phrenia posted:

oatgan please make this my avatar :3:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I would proudly declare myself a LesB.ian

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Actually, Goldberg will be putting HHH over

hosed up because its true

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

My girlfriend loves this and now I'm going to have to incorporate it in the bedroom

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmfao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Mojo Rawley might be my least favorite wrestler ever.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Mojo actually seems like a decent guy outside of the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5s96vApUBo

IcePhoenix posted:

Here you go:

He should do this more often.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Theyre gonna team up and become GoldBrock

I'm partial to GoyBerg.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Gillberg being Braun's opponent next week would somehow be more awesome then it being Goldberg.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

New name.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

SteamyV posted:

I'm partial to GoyBerg.

When he sets an opponent up for Goldberg's spear...He calls that "feeding the Jew"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

in addition to the insane and fairly gross movement, i really enjoyed that Mojo's "Hammer Time" came after a move that should never have kept anyone down that long, and took longer than the people's elbow to deliver

• Locked thread