Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
hurricanes are a jewish conspiracy invented by the cultural marxists anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

you laugh, but I thought I heard today that drudge tweeted something like the weather channel is overselling Hurricane Mathew to get people to believe global warming

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scionix posted:

hurricanes are a jewish conspiracy invented by the cultural marxists anyway

not to politic in the football thread, but matt drudge legit thinks that the left is using the hurricane as political fodder for... reasons, when meanwhile the republican governors of SC and Florida are like "get the gently caress out dont play with a god damned hurricane"

people are really dumb

pillsburysoldier posted:

you laugh, but I thought I heard today that drudge tweeted something like the weather channel is overselling Hurricane Mathew to get people to believe global warming

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/784121449606852608

again, people are dumb. Look at the radar, get the gently caress out of its path.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:staredog: What were these last 2 pages of lunacy?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Crotch Bat posted:

The Reddit post about the UF-LSU game had to be shut down it got so nasty. Although this is a Better Forum I'm not surprised the same is happening here.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

that Hurricane Matthew was created by Obama and Sean Payton to bring down LSU football, duh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C2C - 2.0 posted:

You're breaking my heart.

you are being a huge shithead

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

They will eat the tiger

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

KKKLIP ART posted:

not to politic in the football thread, but matt drudge legit thinks that the left is using the hurricane as political fodder for... reasons, when meanwhile the republican governors of SC and Florida are like "get the gently caress out dont play with a god damned hurricane"

people are really dumb

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/784121449606852608

again, people are dumb. Look at the radar, get the gently caress out of its path.

Matt Drudge trying to get a bunch of his followers/Trump voters killed in a state that Trump needs to win is just another "Only in 2016" thing

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pillsburysoldier posted:

They will eat the tiger

it's more insulting to the tiger's beliefs that they probably won't

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Also: tigers dying is one of those things that can actually singlehandedly make me depressed apparently. When I was a kid I loved the Birmingham Zoo because they had this awesome white siberian tiger that was just the coolest thing on four legs. And then it died last year and I was super sad and now mike is gone and I'm like gently caress why couldn't it have been whatever rear end in a top hat's in the Aubie suit instead

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Aubie might be from a pink area, dude. Be sensitive.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

Also: tigers dying is one of those things that can actually singlehandedly make me depressed apparently. When I was a kid I loved the Birmingham Zoo because they had this awesome white siberian tiger that was just the coolest thing on four legs. And then it died last year and I was super sad and now mike is gone and I'm like gently caress why couldn't it have been whatever rear end in a top hat's in the Aubie suit instead

If it makes you feel better, I think I read somewhere that the Mike line of tigers usually live almost twice as long as wild tigers live because LSU has probably the best care you could find anywhere available for them at any given moment :3:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Aubie might be from a pink area, dude. Be sensitive.

I wouldn't gently caress aubie in a pink area if he was made of ice and my dick was on fire. he and everyone else from lee county georgia should not only make arrangements to die in this hurricane but they should burn all their houses down first just in case their stuff gets donated to orphans and some poor parentless bastard gets a hand-me-down ANYTHING with an AU logo desecrating its surface

PS LSU Goons again my sincere condolences on Mike the beautiful awesome tiger's passing and also gently caress you guys forever for throwing poo poo at my parents that one time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

an adult beverage posted:

The Reddit post about the UF-LSU game had to be shut down it got so nasty. Although this is a Better Forum I'm not surprised the same is happening here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So for everyone saying, "oh it's so hard to reschedule," it seems fairly easy.

Georgia and Florida play on the week of LSU's bye. Florida hosts. Georgia has the same bye as Florida, the week before. So all you have to do is convince Georgia to play a Florida a week earlier, then have Florida play LSU the week after.

2 games moved, every game gets played. Super easy.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Cancel the FSU - Miami game this year

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cancel football

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ehud posted:

Cancel football

No, my team is really good this year and most other years.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
dont cancel football, because alabama is going to win at it, and texas is going to lose at it but hire tom herman

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ehud posted:

Cancel football

Agreed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Crotch Bat posted:

much to no ones surprise the lsu fan is human garbage

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Then a hurricane came, and they canceled the game
DACOACHO saw his season drip, dripping down the drain
He ordered Little Caesars, to the locker room it came
Said "forget about the Gators, no one here's the one to blame"

General Dog fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 7, 2016

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

pillsburysoldier posted:

Cancel the FSU - Miami game this year

I'm in a pink area and I say no! Am I at the bottom of it and I've only had 1 20 minute outage and 3 Brown outs? Yes

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If the NCAA gives Jeff Driskel another year of eligibility and LSU agrees to use him as their quarterback, I'm fine with Florida playing in Baton Rouge this weekend.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dilber posted:

I'm in a pink area and I say no! Am I at the bottom of it and I've only had 1 20 minute outage and 3 Brown outs? Yes

It's really just best for everyone if the game doesn't take place I think

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i mean i think c2c-2.0 or w/e ignored me a long time ago but hes probably not human garbage for being frustrated his team doesn't get to play saturday :shobon:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

For years Paul and Michelle Manziel joked about what a strange toddler Johnny had been, “funny-looking, with this huge triangular head, constantly running around the house at a thousand miles an hour,”

Sounds about right.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/the-fight-to-save-johnny-manziel-from-self-destruction

Kinda interesting story about the downfall of Johnny from mainly the angel and devil sitting on his shoulders.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

Sounds about right.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/the-fight-to-save-johnny-manziel-from-self-destruction

Kinda interesting story about the downfall of Johnny from mainly the angel and devil sitting on his shoulders.

pictured: the devil on his shoulders

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

kayakyakr posted:

So for everyone saying, "oh it's so hard to reschedule," it seems fairly easy.

Georgia and Florida play on the week of LSU's bye. Florida hosts. Georgia has the same bye as Florida, the week before. So all you have to do is convince Georgia to play a Florida a week earlier, then have Florida play LSU the week after.

2 games moved, every game gets played. Super easy.

Yeah The Cocktail Party ain't moving. The Jags stadium would freak out and a lot of alumni have paid a lot of money to go to that game. UGA schedules their fall break around that game too.

Like I get what people are saying but isn't just a super easy thing. I feel like cancelling it and moving/rescheduling it are both ok things to do. At the end of the day it's just loving football.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah The Cocktail Party ain't moving. The Jags stadium would freak out and a lot of alumni have paid a lot of money to go to that game. UGA schedules their fall break around that game too.

Like I get what people are saying but isn't just a super easy thing. I feel like cancelling it and moving/rescheduling it are both ok things to do. At the end of the day it's just loving football.

Ah, forgot that that one was held at a neutral site.

Welp.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scionix posted:

dont cancel football, because alabama is going to win at it, and texas is going to lose at it but hire tom herman

why would Tom Herman want to lower himself to a D-list Texas school like that

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It's just a football game. Everyone needs to chill out a bit.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scionix posted:

i mean i think c2c-2.0 or w/e ignored me a long time ago but hes probably not human garbage for being frustrated his team doesn't get to play saturday :shobon:

Oh, if you've got his back that changes everything!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Florida should have to host the game or forfeit.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Um, I think you'll find that TV means this is illegal!

I was going to make this post myself, but then I realized that actually section 38.2.1 of the Geneva Convention clearly states 'No nation shall willingly expose the masses to a Will Muschamp coached offense, doing so violates all standards of human decency and moves our species a step back towards barbarism'

so Obama had no choice on this one

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I bet Muschamp would have still played the game at Florida

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jalen Hurd is out against the Aggies. That sucks.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Pakled posted:

Miami brought more fans to Bobby Dodd Stadium than Clemson did this year. I'd bet their home attendance is good too.

Totally legit Saturday vs Thursday night game comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Jalen Hurd is out against the Aggies. That sucks.

So that's Hurd, Sutton, Kirkland and JRM, all out, four of our best players.

Good thing we have all that depth!

• Locked thread