Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he catches the chair with his arm a little but holy poo poo that had to suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

"i wasn't using that cerebral cortex anyway"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

coconono posted:

he catches the chair with his arm a little but holy poo poo that had to suck.

Does the fact that he got hit with the hinged side of the seat and it opened on impact not protect him? I'm no expert obviously but it seems to me like it might be a similar principal to the whole "a breaking table absorbs more energy from a big fall than a floor pad." You know, one of those smoke and mirrors tricks that makes something obviously dangerous a lot safer.

Obviously one prefers no chairshots to the head at all, but still.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

As someone who only watches the occasional TNA PPV and surrounding shows... I was going to comment on how the Grand Champion is the least believable thing on a show that had a Broken Hardys/Decay feud, how every round so far have been unanimous 10-9 decisions, and lol Aron Rex. But it seems like I came back just in time for the latest TNA financial drama :stare:

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I want to bid on a belt at a tax lien auction really badly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Golashes posted:

i think the belts belong to whoever held them last actually

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Golashes posted:

Goon Project to buy the TNA Grand Championship.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

corn in the bible posted:

i think the belts belong to whoever held them last actually

That's how it worked in the old days when champions put down five-figure deposits on them, but I somehow doubt anyone in TNA even has that kind of money.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

That's how it worked in the old days when champions put down five-figure deposits on them, but I somehow doubt anyone in TNA even has that kind of money.

congrats to the hardys for owning the tna tag belts

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Knowing TNA they will send out the real belts to someone who orders the fake belts.

If TNA even makes replicate belts. I can't be arsed to check I'm sorry.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Defiance Industries posted:

True, but seriously, if you were handed the physical belt today, would you give it back so it could be put in a warehouse/TNA offices and be auctioned off or lost to the ages, or would you keep it as a memento, that may or may not be valuable in the future.

I mean, surely the old old AWA belt, (for example) would be worth something today to whoever kept his hands on it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BrigadierSensible posted:

True, but seriously, if you were handed the physical belt today, would you give it back so it could be put in a warehouse/TNA offices and be auctioned off or lost to the ages, or would you keep it as a memento, that may or may not be valuable in the future.

I mean, surely the old old AWA belt, (for example) would be worth something today to whoever kept his hands on it.

It's a very real possibility that the current belt-holders will gently caress off with them and nobody will try to take them back because the government doesn't give much of a gently caress, but if someone buys TNA then THEY might try to track them down, and they'd be within their legal rights to do so. It really comes down to the disposition of whomever wins the auction

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Goon Project to buy the TNA Grand Championship.

Don't worry, this one's already handled.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think the old territories made their champs pay a deposit because belts were expensive to make and most of those promotions were already running on razor-thin budgets, so if a dude loses the belt in a coke-fueled daze then that's on his rear end.

Don't know if that's still a thing today, though. IIRC WWE has multiple dummy copies of their belts for the wrestlers to carry out on TV, while the "real" belt is the one they travel with and get to keep at home while they're champ.

E: Also for most rinky-dink indies that die out, trying to get the titles back isn't worth the hassle so they just let the current holders keep them. Bryan Alvarez has some random midcard/tag belts he just kept around because those promotions went under while he was a champ.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 17, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer says if TNA can to get to January the India TV will cover most of the debts.

However that means they'll have no budget for 2017.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sony Six is airing WWE as well now so a cool way to twist the knife would be if WWE goes all 'us or them' and Sony Six is forced to drop Impact. We'd lose all those hilarious comics though.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BrigadierSensible posted:

It belongs in a museum!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

rovert posted:

Meltzer says if TNA can to get to January the India TV will cover most of the debts.

However that means they'll have no budget for 2017.

I thought if they didn't go to India by the end of the year they were in breach of that contract?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Are Grand Championship matches done in a faux-MMA style like that one Angle/Joe match, or are people doing Irish whips and back body drops in 3-minute rounds

Are only title matches contested under these rules, or do people enter a Grand Championship division where all their matches are contested under these rules

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm picturing Dixie with a "India or Bust" sign with an official TNA logo on it in front of a freeway onramp in Tennessee with like 2-3 wrestlers behind her while "On the Road Again" plays. They think they have a ride but just get dropped off in Indiana.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

Are Grand Championship matches done in a faux-MMA style like that one Angle/Joe match, or are people doing Irish whips and back body drops in 3-minute rounds
There were one or two like the former that were cool but overwhelmingly it's the latter

quote:

Are only title matches contested under these rules, or do people enter a Grand Championship division where all their matches are contested under these rules

the latter

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

oatgan posted:

There were one or two like the former that were cool but overwhelmingly it's the latter

Christ

If they had a couple guys with strong amateur backgrounds and maybe like one or two strong style guys, that could actually be a pretty cool midcard showcase division. But this, uh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/788049249426608130

Muddy Burphy posted:

I thought if they didn't go to India by the end of the year they were in breach of that contract?

I thought that too. Sometimes news sites bounce from report to report with explaining things.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
I assume holding on to January means fulfilling all obligations, such as making the India tour and getting more tapings done since they only have enough to last until sometime in November?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/788049249426608130

I thought that too. Sometimes news sites bounce from report to report with explaining things.

RIP Aron Rex

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

I assume holding on to January means fulfilling all obligations, such as making the India tour and getting more tapings done since they only have enough to last until sometime in November?

They're definitely not going to India this year but Sony Six may have relaxed that requirement.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rick posted:

I'm picturing Dixie with a "India or Bust" sign with an official TNA logo on it in front of a freeway onramp in Tennessee with like 2-3 wrestlers behind her while "On the Road Again" plays. They think they have a ride but just get dropped off in Indiana.

I wouldn't even question it if I heard Dixie thought they were the same thing.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aron Rex

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

do the monty python intro but replace the giant foot with his hand

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 17, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm so glad I'm not the only one seeing that similarity.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Struggled to find a decent source image, you'd have thought it would be an easy thing to find :shrug:

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 17, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

Struggled to find a decent source image, you'd have thought it would be an easy thing to find :shrug:

TNA: Its ends not with a bang but with a thppbbttthh

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

grazie

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

Generally what I will do is rip the video from youtube. It's super easy with a bookmarklet from here: http://deturl.com/bookmarklet-to-directly-download-videos-from-youtube.asp

Just drag the link to your bookmarks bar, go to a youtube page like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTeoz4vNH8, click the bookmarklet and it will create download links at the top of the page that you can right click/save.

From there you can import the video into Photoshop using File -> Import -> Video Frames to Layers...

Or you can use one of the websites that will just allow you to make gifs from youtube videos, like https://giphy.com/create/gifmaker (first one that came up when I googled "youtube to gif")

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I don't really have any idea what I'm doing, but I'll remember that for next time, ta :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold Old
Jan 6, 2005

Two what?

Benne posted:

I think the old territories made their champs pay a deposit because belts were expensive to make and most of those promotions were already running on razor-thin budgets, so if a dude loses the belt in a coke-fueled daze then that's on his rear end.

Was it so much that, or did the deposit have some stipulations with it as well? So you don't get a Shane Douglas throwing the belt in the trash for a rival promotion or put the belt on a guy who then proceeds to gently caress off to Japan for a year. My guess the deposit was more of an insurance policy on how the champion fulfilled his obligation then coverage on the actual belt itself.

• Locked thread