Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
wait was there a trans in this show?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Maluco Marinero posted:

Being trans in media apparently equals...

They talked about her being trans about as much as they talked about Kala being Indian, or Wolfgang being part of the underworld, or Lito being an actor.

For some reason people have a problem with that being a somewhat core part of her identity.

Yeah, that was a dumb comment. There's more to her character than that

BSam posted:

I can't argue with that. Him and his van were great.

Checked Wikipedia and apparently the next season of this is coming back with a Christmas special and then the rest of the episodes early next year.

I'm having trouble picturing a sense8 Christmas special.
Not that I'm complaining about more episodes, but how can this show do a Christmas special?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Nichael posted:

Not that I'm complaining about more episodes, but how can this show do a Christmas special?

I thought it was, first episode Christmas Day, rest of the season in February / March?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Will in a limp coma draped over the fireplace like a garland

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Calling it now one person will being singing cristmas carols and the other people will get to experience it. Also somebody gets captured and tortured, and some gay sex

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If the first episode doesn't have three queer sex scenes I'll be real disappointed in the Wachowski Sisters.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I've actually been holding off on watching the last episode of the first season due to catching the spoilers about its ending. I loving hate cliffhangers to drop and having to wait for a year for the resolution, so that was the best spoiler ever for me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's not such a bad cliffhanger. It's more that their situation has changed and they are going into the unknown. It's not Breaking Bad Jesse shoots his gun cut to black level's of season cliffhangers.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Will definitely is the wet noodle among the weaker cast. First four episodes he bumbles around being bumbly I See Things ineffective cop guy.

Still, I hope in whatever seasons we get that the Strac can pull out at least half of the intricacy of Babylon 5. Lofty, I know, but still!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I definitely would not call the finale a cliffhanger. It's very emotionally-satisfying, and sets up hooks for things going forward.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Will having to be drugged constantly isn't a cliffhanger? I want to know how that resolves before I start watching again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess that depends on your definition of a cliffhanger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZxGIkTkMY

This is a cliffhanger (though for a while it was actually the series finale.) A VERY sudden plot twist that makes you go WAIT NO DON'T END.

Sense8's ending put everyone in a new situation that they weren't in before, but it wasn't as dramatic as a real cliffhanger ending. It's just a new wrinkle in the story.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Will having to be drugged constantly isn't a cliffhanger? I want to know how that resolves before I start watching again.

Tamest cliffhanger in history.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
But I had a chance to avoid it and yes, Farscape's Bad Timing is the cliffhanger that got me livid and like this (Alphas season 2 didn't help either).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But, aren't you just creating an artificial cliffhanger by not seeing how the entire rest of the plot resolves? Just because one part of it is a cliffhanger?

This entire mindset is nuts to me.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Some of the stories on the show have fully wrapped up their first arcs, some of them are currently on cliffhangers, and some of them are semi-resolved with hovering question marks.

If you watch the finale, you will see more of the current storylines wrap up than you would by bizarrely stopping after episode 11.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

But I had a chance to avoid it and yes, Farscape's Bad Timing is the cliffhanger that got me livid and like this

At least it won't be 5 years for the resolution

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Looks like the second season is going to be dropping next month

http://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/sense8-season-2-everything-you-need-to-know/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a Christmas special premiering next month. Not sure about the second season proper.

edit: Spring according to this, rad http://news.swccd.edu/2016/10/j-michael-straczynski-returns-soutwhestern-college/

quote:

So we’re now in the process of post-production on season two, and Netflix will air a Christmas special this Winter followed by the rest of the season in the spring.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 23, 2016

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The release date for the Christmas Special has been confirmed for December 23rd (this date is listed directly on Netflix's own page for the show). No trailer yet, though.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/sense8/status/805173356437893124

loving May 2017 jesus christ

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 3, 2016

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Christmas Special is up on Netflix now!

Early into it so far, feels very much like just a regular premiere for season 2 (albeit one that's 119 minutes long). They are not even slightly shy about recasting Capheus, they just about break the fourth wall with it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is really great, it feels like the show hasn't skipped a beat. The birthday sequence is so beautiful.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Speaking of faces, I must say you're looking a little different these days.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hernando straight owning right out of the gate.

No pun intended.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The antagonist in the art class could have been performed better, tho.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

That was a very...abrupt...ending...and you can kind of tell they didn't really have enough material in mind for every plot to be equally weighty (like what even was Kala's plot).

But man, I've missed these characters and this show. This definitely just did feel like a two-hour premiere of Season 2 Episode 1.

And now we wait. Five more months. :shepface:

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Hernando straight owning right out of the gate.

No pun intended.

Capheus fourth wall breaking. Check.

Intense sex orgy. Check.

Hilarious sex drama. Check.

Mama taking jabs at Lito. Check.

Sun loving people up. Check.

I missed you too, sense8 :allears:

And now to wait five months :argh::argh::argh:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Finally watched the last episode of the first season then went straight into this one. It was worth the long wait and with episode 2 in a mere...oh poo poo....FIVE loving MONTHS!!!!!! :wtf:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Yeah. This show can really mess with you. I watched the special and checked shows youtube channel for more.

"Why does this trailer say 2-hour special? Surely it was a regular episode?" :flashfact:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was an awesome special. Didn't know it was going to be such a long one but thrilled it was. The ending was sort of just abrupt.

Van Damme with the 4th wall break was awesome.

And screw you five months of waiting!

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
This show makes me so happy. All the characters go through tons of poo poo, but they all still have so much humanity and love. Lito continues to be the best.

Happy fuckin' new year!

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Jesus, I can't even with Kala. Wolfgang is like right loving there, literally loving there, loving there in your so-called marriage bed.

JUST gently caress HIM OK, I CANNOT HANDLE THIS SEXUAL TENSION, GOD. I WILL BUY YOU A PLANE TICKET TO GERMANY JESUS.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Poala Bear posted:

Capheus fourth wall breaking. Check.

Intense sex orgy. Check.

Hilarious sex drama. Check.

Mama taking jabs at Lito. Check.

Sun loving people up. Check.

I missed you too, sense8 :allears:

And now to wait five months :argh::argh::argh:

Lito's mama is made of 100% awesome, BTW.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Miguel Angel Silvestre has the best puppy dog expression ever. He's also still ludicrously hot.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Does anyone know what version of Hallelujah it is that played in this episode? I'm surprised there's no soundtrack listing for this show that I could find.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Christmas episode is real good. Surprised though that they have a Christmas episode kind of odd.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I came in here to ask if the christmas episode is worth watching. I really liked the first season. The thing bugging me is, even if it is good I'm not sure if I want to actually watch until I have more to binge on, although it did look like it was pretty long.

e: watched it, good stuff

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 25, 2016

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I came in here to ask if the christmas episode is worth watching. I really liked the first season. The thing bugging me is, even if it is good I'm not sure if I want to actually watch until I have more to binge on, although it did look like it was pretty long.

It's just a Christmas special, there's not a whole lot of main story progression.

If you like the characters and want to see what they've been up to since season 1 then just go ahead and watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I liked it a lot and a lot happens. It will hold me until May.

• Locked thread