Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Muddy Burphy posted:

What does "TNA's registered agent in Chattanooga" mean? It was in Bix's article discussing the AmEx debt.

As a Chattanooga resident I'm curious as to what I might be able to find.

Corporations need a physical person in the jurisdiction who accepts service for lawsuits on the company's behalf and serves as their liaison with the state government for registration and reporting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
TNA: We Just Need Lawyers

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

OldTennisCourt posted:

TNA: We Just Need Lawyers

*rehires Grandmaster Sexay*

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Revenant Threshold posted:

It's fun finding out the extent to which TNA's money practices are just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

TNA proud to announce the signing of Paul to a multi-year extension.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

Like how dumb do you have to be to lend TNA money? Have they ever shown a profitable return on any year? The brand has been toxic basically from the start and it's not like the TV deal is anything worth paying for. I bet there are Indy's that live stream in front of thirty people who make better monetary gains.

I suspect Billy Corgan's lawsuit revolves around Dixie misrepresenting the financial state of TNA.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

What's Peter doing in the Impact Zone?!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Congrats. He will carry the TNA brand into the future.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
All of the Pauls I can think of in wrestling (London, Heyman, LeVesque) would be solid gets for TNA.

e: Burchill

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Wight?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Roma!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E^^^ lol

That was such a goofy sounding call by Cole when he came over. Massive rear end big show hits the ring (up from under it, i believe?)

OH MY GOD THA-THAT'S PAUL WIGHT! THAT'S PAUL WIGHT!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paul Newman

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Paul E. Dangerously

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pol Pot

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Karmine posted:

All of the Pauls I can think of in wrestling (London, Heyman, LeVesque) would be solid gets for TNA.

e: Burchill

What's Captain Jack Spearow doing in the impact zone

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Paul Bearer

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All-time great moment in early TNA

https://youtu.be/9jn-7iMn9Bc

Mike Tenay and Don West scream "what the hell" for 90 seconds and then the show ends

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
*Aron Rex, dressed as Hulk Hogan, sees small man in distance * "That's the Paul brother!"

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

formerlyknownaspaulbearer

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if TNA hired all dead guys, it'd save them a fortune on appearance fees.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

It would be very funny if TNA confused an election fraud scam with a tax fraud scam.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

coconono posted:

They would sign dead legends to a PPA! Dixie would give them guaranteed money

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm suing TNA for not dying already goddamn just pull the plug, Dixie.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Well, now we know how TNA managed to stay in business for years despite losing tons of money

They just didn't pay anyone anything ever and hoped no one would notice

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I'm suing TNA for not dying already goddamn just pull the plug, Dixie.

TNA can't afford a plug.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

RZApublican posted:

What's Peter doing in the Impact Zone?!

I'm not going to fall for this a third time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

:kingsley: :kingsley: THEY'RE DOING MORE TAPINGS :kingsley: :kingsley:

quote:

TNA SETS TAPING DATES FOR 2017
By Mike Johnson on 2016-10-19 12:45:00
With all the talk surrounding the future of TNA, it should be noted that the company has reserved dates to film Impact Wrestling and One Night Only PPVs in January 2017.

PWInsider.com can confirm that there are dates on the Universal Studios Orlando calendar for the company to film at the Impact Zone from 1/4/17 through 1/10/17.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/105466/tna-sets-taping-dates-for-2017.html?p=1

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/788810422199554048

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rip to all the dead people. TNA just gently caress off and die already.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 19, 2016

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

After they've lost half their wrestlers from not paying them following the last set of tapings? This is gonna be a Twitch stream of Dixie playing with her action figures.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

RZApublican posted:

After they've lost half their wrestlers from not paying them following the last set of tapings? This is gonna be a Twitch stream of Dixie playing with her action figures.

Action figures are for her loser fans and the Forty Year Old Virgin.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

RZApublican posted:

I want the lovely comic artist to illustrate this as well

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

who could possibly be funding it at this point? :psyduck:

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
who says they've paid for them yet ?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

DJExile posted:

who could possibly be funding it at this point? :psyduck:

Does it cost any money to reserve dates for tapes? If it does not I would guess that nobody funds it yet and they just reserved the dates in case they managed to find someone.

edit: haha, beaten like Dixie in the ratings war.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Does it cost any money to reserve dates for tapes? If it does not I would guess that nobody funds it yet and they just reserved the dates in case they managed to find someone.

In order for them to advertise the tapings, they either had to put down the deposit or the full amount (I forget which, but TNA struggled to put together this sum a couple times this year, causing them not to advertise the tapings until the last minute) for the building. It's not a ton of money and it's possible that any of the entities involved in this mess ponied up the relatively small sum to have the building reserved in case they end up with ownership at the end and can scramble to tape something to maintain continuity on the show.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

In order for them to advertise the tapings, they either had to put down the deposit or the full amount (I forget which, but TNA struggled to put together this sum a couple times this year, causing them not to advertise the tapings until the last minute) for the building. It's not a ton of money and it's possible that any of the entities involved in this mess ponied up the relatively small sum to have the building reserved in case they end up with ownership at the end and can scramble to tape something to maintain continuity on the show.

Thanks. It's beyond funny to imagine the involved parties meeting up to each donate 10$ to do this. Possibly all sighing and exchanging awkward looks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

edit: haha, beaten like Dixie in the ratings war.
Unless TNA got a crazy favorable deal with Universal, Universal would be crazy to let TNA hold time and space without a deposit.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Karmine posted:

Action figures are for her loser fans and the Forty Year Old Virgin.

They would totally use action figures if they were taped to Jeremy Borash's drones flying over the Hardy compound. Just drones bumping into each other in a crude approximation of holds and flying overhead for suplexes. She'd be dumb not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Companies potentially facing bankruptcy are in tough positions. As soon as the idea comes out, all creditors start filing for owed debts and it spirals from there. It will be interesting to find out who is funding the latest set of taping? MCC, presumably?

• Locked thread