Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I want the lovely comic artist to illustrate this as well

Or the tapings are going to be poorly animated versions of those comics with the wrestlers all voiced by Dixie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sigma posted:

Companies potentially facing bankruptcy are in tough positions. As soon as the idea comes out, all creditors start filing for owed debts and it spirals from there. It will be interesting to find out who is funding the latest set of taping? MCC, presumably?

would guess it's the Fite Network or whoever bought part of the tape library

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

RZApublican posted:

After they've lost half their wrestlers from not paying them following the last set of tapings? This is gonna be a Twitch stream of Dixie playing with her action figures.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

would guess it's the Fite Network or whoever bought part of the tape library

Oatman for the win
https://twitter.com/LAWradio/status/788834257447682048

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

This is America, rich people aren't held accountable for anything no matter how badly they gently caress up

Corporations also

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

Corporations also

Idk if you've heard but corporations are people too, my friend

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Speaking of comics, I got an early preview of an upcoming TNA comic in which EC3's doctor tries to cure him of his now out-of-control bacne... but at what cost?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RZApublican posted:

After they've lost half their wrestlers from not paying them following the last set of tapings? This is gonna be a Twitch stream of Dixie playing with her action figures.

This implies she can pay the cashier at a toy store.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
here's the corp structure of Anthem, in case anyone didn't click the helping links Bix provided:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/ownership/eng/cht217.pdf

Its interesting because some of these companies look totally fictitious. Goldfarb? Mayhem?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Dixie could do a ton of angles with TNA Champion Professor Gas Can.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

coconono posted:

here's the corp structure of Anthem, in case anyone didn't click the helping links Bix provided:

Its interesting because some of these companies look totally fictitious. Goldfarb? Mayhem?

I don't know a lot about business obviously but this looks like one of those companies that buys a video game IP and then shoves it into a vault never to use it again.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 19, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sting is retired and in the wwe payroll. Dont be silly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Speaking of comics, I got an early preview of an upcoming TNA comic in which EC3's doctor tries to cure him of his now out-of-control bacne... but at what cost?

Rowdy Ringsports › TNA October: What a Revoltin' Development!

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
IT JUST WON'T DIE

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So would they just fund day to day business? Or they covering court costs and poo poo too?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RacistGuidingLight posted:

TNA will outlive Something Awful LLC.

ETCHED IN STOOOOONE

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So would they just fund day to day business? Or they covering court costs and poo poo too?

you only have to pay court costs if they can find you

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

http://fightnetwork.com/news/6576040:anthem-statement-on-investment-in-tna-impact-wrestling/

quote:

Toronto – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. (“Anthem”), the parent company of Fight Network, today confirmed that it recently made a working capital loan to fund the operations of TNA Impact Wrestling. Fight Network is a licensee of TNA programming for broadcast in the U.S., Canada and other international markets, and is also the exclusive licensee of TNA for streaming Internet-delivered TV.

Fight Network has also offered to provide TNA Impact Wrestling with funding to repay the loans made by Mr. Billy Corgan and is positioned to provide additional transitional assistance to the company.

“TNA is a strong property for Fight Network and as a licensee and global distribution partner we have a keen interest in seeing the company not only survive but continue to grow and thrive, alongside our own growth,” said Leonard Asper, CEO of Anthem. “We are hopeful that the company can soon get back to doing what it does best, which is to produce great wrestling content.”

I got nothing

I'm dumbfounded

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The Terry Funk method of managing a promotion pays off

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What kind of ratings does TNA get in Canada

They should just move to Canada

edit: holy poo poo wait - wasn't Canada where Dixie was sending tapes of Impact every week for free, or was that another country?

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 20, 2016

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

For the purposes of Fight Network it's a good tape library.

God bless them if they think they are running a real company and keep funding this poo poo show.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
TNA is like that pimple on your chin that you just can't pop because you have a beard.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
TNA will never die.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

ready to see this great wrestling content that they're gonna start producing again soon

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TNA will never die. Dixie Carter is the greatest promoter of her generation

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Not sure why anybody in the universe would do business with Dixie Carter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I honestly don't know why as a worker you'd stick around after this. It's not like you're getting paid, unless you're an ex-WWE or WCW star. If ROH got their poo poo together a little better, they could raid all the worthwhile talent in one fell swoop.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Looks like Lying Dave missed another one.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Doesn't tna make zero money? Logically it makes no sense

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
All I can think of is that maybe Anthem got the library as collateral and loaned Dixie less than it'd cost to just buy it outright? That's the only way it makes any sense at all to me; wait for it all to collapse and get dibs on the only part of TNA that has any value at all for cheap.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

What kind of ratings does TNA get in Canada

They should just move to Canada

edit: holy poo poo wait - wasn't Canada where Dixie was sending tapes of Impact every week for free, or was that another country?

yeah it was a french canadian station that was translating the show for them. The contract ran out and for months they were still being sent tapes of Impact every single week despite no longer paying for it. It was doing pretty well in that market too

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

RZApublican posted:

They would totally use action figures if they were taped to Jeremy Borash's drones flying over the Hardy compound. Just drones bumping into each other in a crude approximation of holds and flying overhead for suplexes. She'd be dumb not to.

This is the one thing that the Broken saga hasn't done yet. - Possessed wrestling dolls fighting each other.

Don't tell me you wouldn't watch Matt Hardy and Abyss fighting with dolls and selling each move the doll gets hit with.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How is it 2016 and TNA....TNA of all drat places gets a billion second chances with countless investors willing to knowingly burn their money in a firepit when we had to live in a world when pro wrestling was still hot in 2001 and ECW and WCW died.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I feel like I should just start phoning American companies to sell my own wrestling company. I have no assets, contracted performers, taped history, or reputation, but hey, if TNA can do it, I'm fairly sure I could poo poo out a logo and get a cool mill.

Really, it's a feel good story.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

89 posted:

How is it 2016 and TNA....TNA of all drat places gets a billion second chances with countless investors willing to knowingly burn their money in a firepit when we had to live in a world when pro wrestling was still hot in 2001 and ECW and WCW died.

With the charisma of Mayonegg man Billy Corgan and Promoter of the Year Dixie Carter, anything is possible

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TNA is reaching tardigrade levels of survivability.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Revenant Threshold posted:

I feel like I should just start phoning American companies to sell my own wrestling company. I have no assets, contracted performers, taped history, or reputation, but hey, if TNA can do it, I'm fairly sure I could poo poo out a logo and get a cool mill.

Really, it's a feel good story.

Jeff Jarrett - welcome to Something Awful!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

coconono posted:

GOOOOOLDFARB

GOOOOOLDFARB

GOOOOOLDFARB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

For the purposes of Fight Network it's a good tape library.

God bless them if they think they are running a real company and keep funding this poo poo show.

It makes sense to me. The WWE can't afford to put up all the hours of content that they own, and while TNA surely would be a nice thing to have on the service, when they could get it up (which won't be free for them either, they're going to have to pay someone to .. . oh god I'm imagining some poor WWE intern having to carefully watch TNA, sorry Deadliest Catch but TNA tape editor is actually the most dangerous job in America). Fight Network doesn't list what MMA or boxing brands they have deals with, so I can't imagine they aren't that big time. TNA might legitimately be the most important brand they license. Considering they have a global cable network (with a whole one cable network clearance in the US but hey, better than nothing) to program on top of a streaming service, TNA existing is almost a necessity to them.

Woof.

E: I guess when it reaches the point that the juice is no longer worth the squeeze for them, they can always be the ones to sell the tape library to WWE, whenever they decide they need an extra $500K.

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 20, 2016

• Locked thread