Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If argyve took exception to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

resistentialism posted:

If argyve took exception to him.

No, I mean he starts gone. You can see where he usually stands as soon as you start a new game and he's not there.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

No, I mean he starts gone. You can see where he usually stands as soon as you start a new game and he's not there.

Same here. I'm running all of the Ctesiphus mods, are you also by chance?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Did that one person who got the can't attack/equip/trade bug ever send you their save file? Cause i just got it on a character after buying "Shank"

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

S.T.C.A. posted:

Same here. I'm running all of the Ctesiphus mods, are you also by chance?

Nope, nothing.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Zealot missing is a bug on our side, I'll post a hotfix in a few minutes.

Clever Spambot posted:

Did that one person who got the can't attack/equip/trade bug ever send you their save file? Cause i just got it on a character after buying "Shank"

Yeah, I fixed one problem. If you send your output_log.txt from a game where that's actively happening I can probably nip it. Though the problem I found was fixed in the prior build, so maybe verify client files and make sure you're on the latest?

e: Actually nevermind just reproduced. Post a hotfix in a minute.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 22, 2016

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
K, hotfixes up; let me know if you see anything else funky; bigger patches are going to probably mean a slightly higher funk volume.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Unormal posted:

K, hotfixes up; let me know if you see anything else funky; bigger patches are going to probably mean a slightly higher funk volume.
check the character name

Also apparently this artifex is a bit...simple.

edit: Oh, also I found that you can hold light sources in your throwing slot. I don't know if that's intended or not, but I've been doing it for a while.

Pumpkinreaper fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 22, 2016

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Pumpkinreaper posted:

edit: Oh, also I found that you can hold light sources in your throwing slot. I don't know if that's intended or not, but I've been doing it for a while.

Oh god I hope its intended, this is my go-to plan each game. Acquire glowsphere in the throwing slot and then dual wield away.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

mitochondritom posted:

Oh god I hope its intended, this is my go-to plan each game. Acquire glowsphere in the throwing slot and then dual wield away.

Yup, or take multiple arms, quad wield anyways.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

The chaingun doesn't seem to need any ammo. Assuming that's a bug.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know what upgrades the lens item is supposed to accept but I feel like the game thinks it's a helmet. I put a visor on it once

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Stumbled across this in a chest while wandering around Underground after I accidentally took a one-way staircase.

Pity it's nothing special, I like the mental image of wielding a seed-spitting vine.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Is there a way to take items back from followers? Because i accidentally gave my hermit friend like 2000 lead slugs.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clever Spambot posted:

Is there a way to take items back from followers? Because i accidentally gave my hermit friend like 2000 lead slugs.

AFAIK you can't without dominating them.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Clever Spambot posted:

Only if you dominate them, or if they're a robot, a certain helmet that lets you dominate robots.

If it makes you feel any better, most followers don't really get super strong from levelling since they can't spend their skill/attribute/mutation points UNLESS you dominate them and force them to do so. Though even with that, they can still die incredibly fast since you can't actively control them with dominate (example: taking mamon to bethesda susa), they're more of an extra source of damage and a distraction. That said, albino apes are really good followers due to high stats and the ability to wear all gear normally (or slog due to his massive health pool)

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
poo poo, well i have flaming hands so i will make due.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ok, a dromad trader opened a time vortex and now suddenly the invisible troll boss is chilling at lvl 2 underground somewhere connecting to the waterlogged tunnel under joppa.

Wonder if I'll never get the key unless he dies here? Wonder if the dromad and his saltback crew will even try to attack him?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
QUD :black101:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

:ok:

(lol what's this weird smiley)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Never seen a gold key. What's it do? Or any key other than a key card.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It opens the door in the room that guy is supposed to be standing in.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I must have horrible demonic mind powers because I fell in love with the apple farmer's daughter and then she burst into flames as I was walking away.

Oh for that matter anything next to a campfire is lighting up, too.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 23, 2016

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, the campfires are a little too intense at the moment, haha.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

resistentialism posted:

I fell in love with the apple farmer's daughter and then she burst into flames as I was walking away

That's how you know it's ~true love~

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Honestly it isn't THAT bad of a defect, though nothing compares to amphibious' non-penalty. Not being able to wear shoes does hurt, but at the same time sprint can fill in the gaps of whatever you need.

Now defects that TRULY suck are ones like cold-blooded, hemophilia and narcolepsy. Having an permanent quickness penalty AND there existing an entire area that further exacerbates the problem makes cold-blooded a pretty awful choice. Hemophilia early on will get players killed incredibly fast if they aren't 's'earching every other step while underground, even if you luck out and manage to get a stockpile of bandages, though I haven't tried grabbing staunch wounds early on with it which could help quite a bit. Finally with narcolepsy, while its sleep effect is pretty rare, if it ever happens in an remotely serious fight your run is over. It could really use something akin to adrenal glands where the game warns you when you're about to pass out.

Though if I were to change these + other 4 point defects to be a little more palatable, here's what I think would work well with them:

Hooked Feet: Increase PV scaling/give 1 AV/or as diplomat said, reduced slippage chance on slime.

Cold-blooded: No default quickness loss/Being outdoors during daytime gives a quickness increase (we ARE in a steaming jungle beside a desert)/increase points value to 4. (Note that I may be talking out of my rear end with cold-blooded, since I have never actually taken it, so I may just look like a gigantic jackass right now)

Hemophilia: Maybe add medication into the game that helps coagulation which hemophiliacs start with, but at the same time make it a rare item. This will make the start of the game a little less daunting if you take this defect. Either that or have them start with a shitton of bandages.

Narcolepsy: Like mentioned before, when triggered, give the player a few turns before they actually DO pass out or have damage have a chance to wake you up.

Also amphibious could use a little tweak to make it actually be disadvantageous to take in some situations, like dehydrating faster when standing in salt water/salt (set it to 2000 drams minimum to trigger of course, otherwise I could see it triggering every time you auto 'drink') and higher temperatures to cause you to dry out faster. It'd still be quite good, but at the same time you'd be forced to adapt your playstyle.

some day I will have the patience to get the carapace coldblooded build where you get to 100 cold res and just increase your quickness forever by standing in lava off the ground but I'm lazy

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

some day I will have the patience to get the carapace coldblooded build where you get to 100 cold res and just increase your quickness forever by standing in lava off the ground but I'm lazy

That is a good counter-point for my argument against cold-blooded.

Also it makes me happy when bugs like campfires/sconces/etc. produce enough heat to cause people to combust occur. It's the little things in life, you see.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Unormal posted:

Yeah, the campfires are a little too intense at the moment, haha.

I was hoping this applied to Kindle too, but no such luck. I keep wanting that power to be useful but no. :(

I don't need to be able to use it in combat, but I want to be able to start forest fires with it.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Kindle is still nice to have for making the glotrot cure, and (last time i used it at least) could murder anyone standing in water by creating deadly steam.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Clever Spambot posted:

Kindle is still nice to have for making the glotrot cure, and (last time i used it at least) could murder anyone standing in water by creating deadly steam.

I mean, I guess if you could load the Corpus Cholis on your Kindle that miiiiight be helpful, but where the hell are you charging it in the Wastes?

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Serves him right for being so goshdarned unfriendly. Also hey, free vibroblade at the start.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pumpkinreaper posted:

Serves him right for being so goshdarned unfriendly. Also hey, free vibroblade at the start.

omg ur mean

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pumpkinreaper posted:

...ok that's brilliant

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010

Unormal posted:

omg ur mean
If you think THAT is mean..

That's me weaponizing kindle.

edit: Not pictured: Me casting kindle and then waiting 50 turns in a row.

double edit: So I may have gotten carried away andaccidentallykilledacatohshit

Pumpkinreaper fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 24, 2016

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Strange that killing Ctesiphus doesn't tank your reputation with Joppa (or most of the world, for that matter).

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You don't seem to get credit (or xp) for things killed by clouds of steam regardless.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
It'd be real nice if there was a way to mark items as do-not-autoeat so you don't have turn it off whenever you find something like yuckwheat or urberries.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dachshundofdoom posted:

It'd be real nice if there was a way to mark items as do-not-autoeat so you don't have turn it off whenever you find something like yuckwheat or urberries.

I'm not sure if it works when you're on the fast travel map, but if you stash them inside a chest in your inventory it stops you from eating them on the normal map.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Already put 20 hours into this and finally figured out how to survive for some length of time. I can't believe how far and how deep the underground can go. I've been lost for countless hours and have killed more robots and creatures than I can count. This game is scratching the Morrowind itch i've been missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

I'm not sure if it works when you're on the fast travel map, but if you stash them inside a chest in your inventory it stops you from eating them on the normal map.

Hey this tip saved my life. I stuffed a voider corpse in a box and had it handy when there was a drat leering stalker in some ruins in the salt pan desert. He only managed to stunlock me for most of my health, then I tp'd out.

FYI there are leering stalkers in little ruins in the salt pan desert.