Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Does it actually matter if you don't rush to the namek guy's aid immediately? It's kind of annoying that it pops up constantly and the game implies consequences if you don't do more dragon ball fetch quests.

I did nail's first mission and ignored him since, I feel pretty good about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

zelah posted:

They totally do, future trunks is all sparky before his weird new transformation
I am only past the Universe 6 tournament. gently caress that Champa idiot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm seriously grappling with how to design my next Freezaman

I want them to be suitably different from Brisk, who would look atrocious if he ever used the Golden Form power up. I'd honestly have just made a Sayian, but then they had to be assholes and give me a really kickass new mouth plate for Freeza people to use, so of course I have to use the drat thing.

I'm trying to plan around two different color schemes, and I KNOW it's going to end up with me going to get the goddamn dragon balls in the end to make it work.

really wish you could change the color of Freezaman armor outside of character creation.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Burkion posted:

I want them to be suitably different from Brisk, who would look atrocious if he ever used the Golden Form power up. I'd honestly have just made a Sayian, but then they had to be assholes and give me a really kickass new mouth plate for Freeza people to use, so of course I have to use the drat thing.

I'm trying to plan around two different color schemes, and I KNOW it's going to end up with me going to get the goddamn dragon balls in the end to make it work.

really wish you could change the color of Freezaman armor outside of character creation.

At the very least once you have spare character slots, a poor man's solution to testing will be to make throwaway characters for the express purposes of checking out colors results (Or even in Xeno 1, if it's xeno 1 parts) before burning that cosmetics wish on Brisk's eternal rival.

On that note, while I'm eyeballing Shaker for my eventual successor to Tray, you've got me thinking of naming a Freiza Nestea (But I'd hate it, because I like Brisk more as a beverage :downsrim:)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 26, 2016

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Burkion posted:

Make a Deadheat form, one that totally clashes with itself as one of the forms. Problem solved.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

At the very least once you have spare character slots, a poor man's solution to testing will be to make throwaway characters for the express purposes of checking out colors results (Or even in Xeno 1, if it's xeno 1 parts) before burning that cosmetics wish on Brisk's eternal rival.

On that note, while I'm eyeballing Shaker for my eventual successor to Tray, you've got me thinking of naming a Freiza Nestea (But I'd hate it, because I like Brisk more as a beverage :downsrim:)

My X1 characters name is Entropy and my X2 character is Heat Death.

I got a theme going.

Also you get your Flying License when you pass the Frieza Saga.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Just to make sure, if you have a Xenoverse 1 character on XBox 360, there is NO way to import that character onto a PS4 version of Xenoverse 2? I assume no.

There should be an option to upload your save to a next-gen version with an update.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-guide-transfer-saves-first-game/

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Vote for new thread title to be "Xenoverse 2: No, the Hero is LOADING..."

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Vote for new thread title to be "Xenoverse 2: No, the Hero is LOADING..."

Seconded. Dear god these load times are abysmal.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Wonder if it will be any different on PC. I never play online anyway.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I was hoping that the loading issue was related to the xenoverse servers being hammered to poo poo but after I disconnected the problem remained. Pretty annoying!

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Do enemies later in the game still do nothing but ultimate spam? It was always suuuuuuuuper fun when 2 or 3 enemies would unload one ultimate after the other the entire match, forcing you to respond in kind.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
So is anyone else finding that Z ranking missions seems to be a roulette. I'm not that far into the story because I was hammering away at all the training poo poo and gettin' skills. But seriously gently caress that dual great ape mission where you fight Nappa AND Vegeta at the same time. My camera spent 99% of the time in my CaC's anus. I still managed to take no damage, fired of a poo poo load of ki blasts and supers and throws and still only A ranked. I guess I missed an ultimate finish or something.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You need more levels, because you are not even close to Z rank.

New Leaf posted:

Wonder if it will be any different on PC. I never play online anyway.
It should. Computers have SSD.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

mateo360 posted:

Seconded. Dear god these load times are abysmal.

This is the worst! Right up there with the elder kai training missions. Yamcha can execute them perfectly but when I try to perform the same task on him, he dodges out early.

The Advanced Knoem Em Down mission can die in a fire. I knock him away, follow up, punch him, knock him away, circle dash around behind him and he doesn't have enough momentum for me to smash him again.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This is the worst! Right up there with the elder kai training missions. Yamcha can execute them perfectly but when I try to perform the same task on him, he dodges out early.

The Advanced Knoem Em Down mission can die in a fire. I knock him away, follow up, punch him, knock him away, circle dash around behind him and he doesn't have enough momentum for me to smash him again.

I had a hard time with this to. I got the smash and follow up down but the smash after that would just gently caress up the input and start firing ki blasts if he was too far away. I just mashed it until complete. Took like 10 minutes.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

You need more levels, because you are not even close to Z rank.

Is this a troll? I've done a bunch of the bonus point stuff on top of not taking damage but it still doesn't seem to be enough points to trigger the Z rank. I am wondering if the points are tighter now than they were before or what. Some missions seem to not give a gently caress what I do.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Xeremides posted:

Do enemies later in the game still do nothing but ultimate spam? It was always suuuuuuuuper fun when 2 or 3 enemies would unload one ultimate after the other the entire match, forcing you to respond in kind.

I'm not sure about the late late game bosses, but boss fights in general seem to be pretty tough. The first example being the final fight of the Frieza saga. He will use ultimates without spamming, but he also combo locks, stamina breaks and generally kicks your rear end with a variety of different moves.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Is this a troll? I've done a bunch of the bonus point stuff on top of not taking damage but it still doesn't seem to be enough points to trigger the Z rank. I am wondering if the points are tighter now than they were before or what. Some missions seem to not give a gently caress what I do.
A ranks are easy to get. The margins between it and S are not as much as an S is to Z. Maybe you need some Ultimate that beats them in seconds.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

A ranks are easy to get. The margins between it and S are not as much as an S is to Z. Maybe you need some Ultimate that beats them in seconds.

Hope there is a Blue Hurricane then, cause that is the only way that poo poo is gonna happen. Maybe I missed the time attack bonus.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have the feeling those assorted frame perfect multi input combo missions were only trained with a single race, gender, size, and level.

Further increasing the usual bullshit these kinds of training missions have where things you can even manage to do normally just cancel because "oh you HIT them sure, but it doesn't count because gently caress you".

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Hope there is a Blue Hurricane then, cause that is the only way that poo poo is gonna happen. Maybe I missed the time attack bonus.

If there is you can be drat sure they tweaked it so it doesn't work on Apes so hot anymore. From all the beta footage I've seen, all the work on Apes has skimped on their hitboxes being iffy or how a lot of On Contact trigger attacks just plain don't register on them. But seem to have still put effort into making sure they don't take quite as much damage as you'd expect from other stuff.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Prophecy120 posted:

I'm not sure about the late late game bosses, but boss fights in general seem to be pretty tough. The first example being the final fight of the Frieza saga. He will use ultimates without spamming, but he also combo locks, stamina breaks and generally kicks your rear end with a variety of different moves.

I'm absolutely okay with being outclassed, so that sounds like a definite improvement, at least wherever you're at in the story. My main problem with Xenoverse was, especially in PQs like Super Saiyan bargain sale, you'd either get stunlocked by ultimates, or have to actively engage in an ultimates battle. I got through it, but I felt dirty having to use perfect kame over and over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My encounter with every boss basically boiled down to: "Kick them repeatedly until they go flying, teleport in front of them, using a super move that hits, repeat." Culminating with Beerus's beam that stamina-breaks because you can almost infinitely combo that into itself.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Xeremides posted:

I'm absolutely okay with being outclassed, so that sounds like a definite improvement, at least wherever you're at in the story. My main problem with Xenoverse was, especially in PQs like Super Saiyan bargain sale, you'd either get stunlocked by ultimates, or have to actively engage in an ultimates battle. I got through it, but I felt dirty having to use perfect kame over and over.

Well, with the change in how Super Saiyan form works (it no longer gives infinite Ki), I imagine that kind of bullshit is less prevalent but :shrug:

Enemies getting free, permanent Super Saiyan was such a terrible design decision in 1.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

My encounter with every boss basically boiled down to: "Kick them repeatedly until they go flying, teleport in front of them, using a super move that hits, repeat." Culminating with Beerus's beam that stamina-breaks because you can almost infinitely combo that into itself.

Well, looks like they found their replacement crutch for the god of destruction no longer having super armor :v: I can imagine that move being real popular with players, if it breaks stamina it probably works great even on a strike build.

EDIT: Speaking of stamina breaks. Do they just wholesale remove all your stamina, or does having a bunch of stamina bars actually matter?

Considering you have to wait for your bars to fill back up, it can give the impression more stamina is possibly detrimental unless you use something that relies on lots of bars (Kaioken... probably gonna have a rough time with stamina break lasers around).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 26, 2016

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Super Vanishing Ball is better against the apes than Blue Hurricane. Hurricane doesn't have that c-c-c-combo breaker stun lock to knockout that it did in XV1. OTOH, Super Vanishing Ball will get like 22 hits, break stamina, and do a hefty chunk of damage. Also, my character is strictly melee so that tells you how much they nerfed Blue Hurricane.

negromancer fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 26, 2016

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is there anything cool to find laying around? Any way to know who emoting at will reward you with a new emote?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Section Z posted:

EDIT: Speaking of stamina breaks. Do they just wholesale remove all your stamina, or does having a bunch of stamina bars actually matter?

The one I'm thinking of (I can't check the move name, not near my PS4, it's either Anger or Wrath) is a 100% break regardless of stamina bars.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Also unless they have fixed it since the beta, having more stamina bars makes it take longer to recover from a break so its a detriment past like 5 bars.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

The one I'm thinking of (I can't check the move name, not near my PS4, it's either Anger or Wrath) is a 100% break regardless of stamina bars.

Clever Spambot posted:

Also unless they have fixed it since the beta, having more stamina bars makes it take longer to recover from a break so its a detriment past like 5 bars.

:sigh: Yeah that's about what I expected. Though it's filed under "Disappointed they didn't improve that", more than anything, since I am still exited for the game and the stuff they DID improve :buddy:

Though that does sound kinda rough for Namekians wanting to take advantage of their stamina powered transform, or taking that claim "Nameks have high stamina generation!" at face value.

It wouldn't have been quite so bad if there were just normal stamina break moves only, and NPCs actually followed all the rules. Being able to see their bars doesn't mean they aren't getting a leg up, after all.

gfsincere posted:

Super Vanishing Ball is better against the apes than Blue Hurricane. Hurricane doesn't have that c-c-c-combo breaker stun lock to knockout that it did in XV1. OTOH, Super Vanishing Ball will get like 22 hits, break stamina, and do a hefty chunk of damage. Also, my character is strictly melee so that tells you how much they nerfed Blue Hurricane.

I love the style of Strike Supers. But I can hardly ever bring myself to go all in with Strike Super Stat despite constantly using some because of stuff like this, alongside their generally short ranged nature making them often wildly impractical to impossible to use for many of them. (Mach kick was quite the letdown. Though I wonder if Xeno 2's hitbox changes mean I won't simply have all my ki attacks harmlessly wiff through their ragdolling body when I try to use the cancel into second move trick)

Throw in great apes being a much bigger personal risk up close, and Expert Ape having a huge damage AoE every time their stamina comes back up... yeah.

But while basic melee builds are more practical due to their in built ability to always combo with itself... Investing 100 in basic combos is just too boring for me to want, even when I'm getting my rear end handed to me by said builds. (My favorite characters were a less than optimal 50/50/50 mix build. and a 50/100 Basic/Ki guy who still used some strike supers, on that note).

On a lighter note, in theory no more super armor means Strike Supers can be used more offensively rather than not wanting to risk using them without getting punched in the dick by an unflinching enemy. And if the feel of using them is more practical due to that, hopefully that means I'll be able to more activly enjoy a Strike Supers first and foremost build this time around.

It was always the awkwardness of following up, or how many moves just plain didn't trigger against super armor or giant apes. More than damage potential, that always bugged me. After all. So if I can trust busting out a bigger variety of Strike moves without them just aiming at a 45 degree angle upwards while the enemy I was hitting plummets downwards, that would be great.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 26, 2016

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
You better believe I am respeccing to Strike Super Build with loving Super God Punch. SAITAMA-SAAAAN!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man I'm glad they made the Namek stuff way more bearable. No stupid 'forced to play as Ginyu and protect people made of glass' mission, the whole 'fight Frieza like four times in a row as more people join in' is much faster without super armor and with damage carrying over and all. I hope this means the other annoying bits got carved out too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Man I'm glad they made the Namek stuff way more bearable. No stupid 'forced to play as Ginyu and protect people made of glass' mission, the whole 'fight Frieza like four times in a row as more people join in' is much faster without super armor and with damage carrying over and all. I hope this means the other annoying bits got carved out too.

There's basically nothing with super armor that i discovered, even things you'd think should probably have it. It's pretty nice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I get why they do it, but man it's unsatisfying to see your opponent's health not take any damage because they're scripted invincible until they're done monologuing :(

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I hope they at some point give super armor to atleast some of the expert mission bosses because otherwise they will all just turn into one sided gently caress fests.

Danaru posted:

I get why they do it, but man it's unsatisfying to see your opponent's health not take any damage because they're scripted invincible until they're done monologuing :(

They never attack people who are monologuing in the source material and neither should you :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Section Z posted:

Honestly I've spent WAY too long loving around with the Xeno 1 stuff to see what I could cobble together. I've got a good idea for the body armor, though that could change wildly depending on what new Freezerman stuff is there.

Nestea is a fantastic goddamn name for the record

Pyroi posted:

Make a Deadheat form, one that totally clashes with itself as one of the forms. Problem solved.

I just might. Thankfully it sounds like we won't get Golden Form for most of the single player stuff, so I won't have to worry about it TOO much yet.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Burkion posted:

Honestly I've spent WAY too long loving around with the Xeno 1 stuff to see what I could cobble together. I've got a good idea for the body armor, though that could change wildly depending on what new Freezerman stuff is there.

Nestea is a fantastic goddamn name for the record

I just might. Thankfully it sounds like we won't get Golden Form for most of the single player stuff, so I won't have to worry about it TOO much yet.

Thank you, coolest Freiza user. That is very encouraging even if I'll likely keep my ice receptacle theme going :buddy: Though as Tea is technically a food product, now I'm thinking of a mohawked saiyan named "Mr Tea Leaves" :downs:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Danaru posted:

Yeah, it really bugs me especially when there are very long conversations and I get their health down to the minimal point 1/10th of the way through.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Clever Spambot posted:

They never attack people who are monologuing in the source material and neither should you :colbert:

I could accept this if they weren't using that invincibility time to ruin my No Sweat bonus :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Clever Spambot posted:

I hope they at some point give super armor to atleast some of the expert mission bosses because otherwise they will all just turn into one sided gently caress fests.

yea if anything it feels like they SHOULD give super armor to at least a few of the 'ok this is the last level of PQs and you're fighting literal gods, yea it's hard to land a hit on them at times'. The issue in 1 is every dick had half their time all super armored up and it just was a hassle rather than a 'oh poo poo this is serious'.

• Locked thread