Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda get the logic why Stickup might be maf but I don't see why a maf would do something so risky, bringing themselves attention like this. I'm more suspicious of people who are lurking right now, in my opinion, aka AR, AR2, AA, HK etc.

I do not like this post

Also I think tobbs is scum

##vote tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
In addition to imgay, these users have low post counts here.

Absurd Revolver promises to become more active soon.
Anomalous Amalgam commented once on Mr F's reveal and that's about it.
Harold Krell hasn't said anything.
Jonathan Fisk hasn't really said anything, but has voted without justification.
peramene hasn't said anything.

I think the reason we've been actively discussing imgay instead of any of these others is because of their participation in other games. Is that right?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidthulhu posted:

The options for Mr. F, in likelihood of their happening:

1. Mags being bored town and claiming a fake role to get crap going
2. Mags being bored town and claiming his actual role
3. Mags being bored scum and pulling a gambit that will get him dunked D2.

Of the three I find 1 or 2 waaaay more likely

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Also I am here to play this game now and I have never played my game or heard of it

Unironically this

##vote imgay

Moatillata posted:

Apparently elbows arent the key here, I'm at a loss on how to get this imgay vote going

Gonna try counterclockwise over the belly button

Moatillata posted:

Good call how about we vote imgay for true mafia wins

Moatillata posted:

I do not like this post

Also I think tobbs is scum

##vote tobbs

Sorry that your imgay bus ran out of gas Moat.

You've got Quid doing the work for you here so maybe this one will work out better?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sorry that your imgay bus ran out of gas Moat.

You've got Quid doing the work for you here so maybe this one will work out better?

Tobbs; sweet, sweet Tobbs.

D1 no reads. Imgay is a non factor in most games I play. I figure why not, push for his lynch without much else to go on either way town wins imo. Also it would be interesting to see how people react to it.

If people react scummy, I shall respond accordingly (I say to myself in secret words that only I can hear)

And here we are

Quid is seeing what I was seeing, I'm not sure if that's good or bad time will tell

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

D1 no reads. Imgay is a non factor in most games I play. I figure why not, push for his lynch without much else to go on either way town wins imo. Also it would be interesting to see how people react to it.

If people react scummy, I shall respond accordingly (I say to myself in secret words that only I can hear)

And here we are

Quid is seeing what I was seeing, I'm not sure if that's good or bad time will tell

Lol, so exact same argument for voting imgay as stickup, except you don't think stickup is scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I still think one or more of the lurkers are maf, to be honest. Everyone else in suspicion isn't pinging me that hard, but admittedly I'm also very bad at scum reading.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol, so exact same argument for voting imgay as stickup, except you don't think stickup is scum.

- Poor framing (stick-up has played one game with imgay, I have played many this makes a difference)

-Putting words in my mouth (I have never said stick-up isn't scum, I am leaning neutral on him rn)

-oversimplification

Hmmmm not gonna budge

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

I still think one or more of the lurkers are maf, to be honest. Everyone else in suspicion isn't pinging me that hard, but admittedly I'm also very bad at scum reading.

Maybe.
The scum.
Is you.

But seriously this is a strange as hell post to make in a game with an Anti-lurking mechanic.
If they keep lurking they get free lynched.

This is more redirecting attention away from people making reads and pushing for a lurker lynch.
No sir I don't like it.

##vote Tired Mortiz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
There's anti-lurking rules? I am slow.

Well then, I still can't find suspicious so that doesn't really change much for me, unfortunately. I understand why I seemed scummy too but I don't want to run the risks of scum lurking to a win.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I think Tobbs is flailing in panic now, which seems scummy.

I would like Mr. F to come back and say some more things.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

- Poor framing (stick-up has played one game with imgay, I have played many this makes a difference)

-Putting words in my mouth (I have never said stick-up isn't scum, I am leaning neutral on him rn)

-oversimplification

Hmmmm not gonna budge

Eh, I'm leaning scum on you, moat, for the same reason I'm voting stickup.

I thought you were joking with the imgay stuff but you're sticking with your cross-game meta reasons for wanting him lynched regardless of alignment.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
The Anti-Lurking Rules™ go into effect on day 2 bc I didn't post them in the beginning.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I dunno chores I am pretty careless sometimes but when the mod tells me not to do a thing sometimes I consider not doing that thing.

As for Krell and imgay like 99% of the time imgay fakes a self day vig so if we're lynching one of the two it would probably be krell.

This right off the bat is bugging me, it's meta talk so early in a game. Also it's tobbs.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Chores playing his town game :) dunno where he's getting his picks but he does like his gambits.

gently caress your smilies tobbs. Get that poo poo out of here.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As much as it rubs me the wrong way, I have to agree with Podima. I can't see Mr. F's claim as a scum gambit. It was an unnecessary distraction, sure, but a vote for Mr. F post-jokephase is decidedly scummy. Barring some evidence proving he's lying, the risk of losing an entire day phase is really bad.

##vote Infinitum

gently caress your hedging too.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

good catch ;)

There's a reason for it, although I hope I don't have to give it up :(

Secrecy like this is super scummy. Don't hint at things unless you're willing to deal with the consequences.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Read stickup, has no read on any player but throws a vote on imgay not really caring about his alignment, but rather due to a meta read based on his play across games.

Like I said, he is Australian so we shouldn't turbo if others think it's a good case, but this is where my vote is going.

##vote stickup

Hedging. Again.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dude, I know you really, really like to believe that you're right once you have an idea. I get it.

But I don't want to lynch town. There are people like infinitum who recklessly cast lovely votes and you can say yeah, that was a scummy vote.

Stickup wasn't there yet. But, after people telling him why his idea was bad, he still wants imgay dead for all the wrong reasons. He's scum, Quid.

This is bad D1 play. It's not likely we're going to lynch anything but town.

There's obviously more, but for now ##vote tobbs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
🤔

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mr. F you are sitting on an imgay joke vote and that looks not great.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Mr. F you are sitting on an imgay joke vote and that looks not great.

It was not a joke vote.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

This right off the bat is bugging me, it's meta talk so early in a game. Also it's tobbs.

Secrecy like this is super scummy. Don't hint at things unless you're willing to deal with the consequences.

Hedging. Again.

Meta discussion, lovely I know, but is Tobbs playstyle to hedge?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

But I will probably move it soon. I need to reread the last few pages

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Hedging. Again.

This post feels put on and unauthentic.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
drat AR. Quoting jokephase and using words that other people use but in the entirely wrong context in order to jump on a bandwagon.

But hey, at least you're posting!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Tired Moritz, who do you think is scummy besides the lurkers?

Infinitum posted:

What's the point of this question? It's just dead air.

You said you're leaning scum on Tobbs. Why?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

Meta is dumb, but yeah, it is.

Podima posted:

This post feels put on and unauthentic.

I'm busy, and that was in between trying to figure out why my toddler was screaming, and trying to figure out why my garbage disposal is broken.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

And here we are

I don't like this overcomplicated puppetmaster defense when you pushed for an imgay lynch two separate times (three if you count a jokevote).

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

drat AR. Quoting jokephase and using words that other people use but in the entirely wrong context in order to jump on a bandwagon.

But hey, at least you're posting!

Thought this was about me until I realized there's more than one AR in this thread.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

I don't like this overcomplicated puppetmaster defense when you pushed for an imgay lynch two separate times (three if you count a jokevote).

Maybe a Sicilian defense next time

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Tobbs, where did you get this:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

From this:

Moatillata posted:

And here we are

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Thought this was about me until I realized there's more than one AR in this thread.

:cripes: ughhhhhh that didn't even occur to me.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Podima posted:

:cripes: ughhhhhh that didn't even occur to me.

It's cool. I'm new.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

What's the point of this question? It's just dead air.

You said you're leaning scum on Tobbs. Why?

Curiosity. Most of D1 is generally dead air as well, what's your point?

I'm leaning scum on him merely because the flow of conversation between you three had him coming out looking the worst.
It's D1 so there's hardly anything concrete at the moment.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

It's cool. I'm new.

YOU'LL BE DEAD

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote absurd too many ars

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Podima posted:

Hey Tobbs, where did you get this:

From this:

Moatillata posted:

And here we are

For the record, here's what Quid is seeing.

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh I definitely think he's still scum. I think you hosed up a light bus.

Moat skipped voting stickup and went straight to voting me. Yeah, I made a leap in logic in assuming the lack of vote translated to a lack of suspicion, (not to mention the fact that Moat was pushing imgay for lynch) but now we have:

Moatillata posted:

What, exactly, is Moat's case? He says he's "seeing what Quid's seeing" and then contradicts himself by saying he's neutral on stickup.

What I'm seeing is Moat pushing a bus on imgay, stickup supporting Moat, and when stickup starts to feel some pressure and Quid builds a case on me, Moat jumps on it without really understanding what's happening.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay i'm setting aside a half hour or so to reread. who should i be looking at?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

-oversimplification

Hmmmm not gonna budge

well i don't like this at least. needlessly aggressive and tobbs doesn't seem too far off here. looks like tobby is trying to legitimately engage.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i can't tell if this is quid trying to stir poo poo up and make something happen day one or if he's fakey fake.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i don't know this is hard. who blocked my posting chakras?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what the hell we're even supposed to do day 1 apart from talk poo poo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

I don't know what the hell we're even supposed to do day 1 apart from talk poo poo

ideally lynch someone bad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I joined these games impulsively and I silk see them through, but yeah I've mostly been a non participant. Don't have any real reads at the moment, but I'll be less busy with stuff tonight and will try to get some reads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm going to do a lumpenlist

• Locked thread