Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Xeremides posted:

Not quite a hard lock for me. I'm on Win10. When the game freezes, I can still press the windows key. Then I open up task view, create a second desktop, move xenoverse to desktop 2, and close out the game from desktop 1. It takes like 3 seconds, but it's still annoying.

I'm on windows 10, too. Had it go black for me scrolling through the PQ menu. I just blindly ended the process with the task manager. Never had it happen in a solo lobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You know, Beerus is one of those characters that should be absolutely intolerable. And yet somehow... isn't.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Wrist Watch posted:

Just beat the story. Outside of Mira somehow vanishing out of Justice Combo during one of his fights (I thought you couldn't Vanish out of Supers/Ultimates???), nothing was particularly bad. The toughest mission I've done so far actually was one from Kid Trunks with a souped up Hercule that could combo me for nearly an entire health bar in a distressingly short amount of time.

I discovered something ridiculous during the final boss though. See, I noticed Masenko's damage was finally getting so low that it wasn't worth using, but I wasn't sure what to put in my last slot. I ended up going with Rise To Action, since as a strike dude I end up with Ki for days without trying but I'm always low on stamina which makes effectively using Kaioken pretty difficult without stamina breaking immediately. It's a pretty cool synergy, but during the final boss a thought came to mind: Kaioken lasts until your stamina runs out, right? You can't use Rise to Action when stamina broken, so it's probably also disabled by Kaioken's stamina drain, right? Nope, you can totally pop it off and keep Kaioken going.

But it gets better: Kaioken x20 makes the cost of Vanishes free. You can no longer lose the battle of attrition with opponents Vanishing out of your combos, and as long as you use regular melee strings you can extend any combo after the ender by Vanishing and starting a new chain. Whenever you start running low on stamina, just finish whatever combo you're doing by knocking the opponent away as usual and use that time to pop Rise to Action once or twice and there's nothing your opponent can do about it because they likely have under two bars and can't defensive Vanish out of it. They can't out-Vanish you. They don't have any stamina so they can't use their escape move. If it's a one on one battle I'm pretty sure you can literally do this indefinitely. It doesn't even matter if they block when you try to approach them because as soon as they land a single basic attack you can immediately restart the process.

To make it even better equip that one soul (Goku's, I think) that gives you a huge boost to attack while transformed.

Goku's z-soul drains your hp when you have kaioken on though so that might be a bit risky if your move is to outlast everyone. I dunno though I don't think rise to action is cost effective enough to be worth going all in for. And one stamina break is gonna wreck you.

The problem is that defensive moves are still going to go off regardless of vanishing or not and depending on the move you might not be able to counter vanish it.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

randombattle posted:

Goku's z-soul drains your hp when you have kaioken on though so that might be a bit risky if your move is to outlast everyone. I dunno though I don't think rise to action is cost effective enough to be worth going all in for. And one stamina break is gonna wreck you.

The problem is that defensive moves are still going to go off regardless of vanishing or not and depending on the move you might not be able to counter vanish it.

Goku's Z-soul drains a pretty negligible amount of health, like over the course of a whole minute it might drain a fourth of a bar and normally there's no way you can sustain Kaioken that long. The amount of damage you're capable of putting out, especially if you have a pure striker build like I'm running with this, absolutely outweighs that.

A perfect guard only takes off one bar of stamina and if you're down to a single bar doing this you hosed up, and in the case of stamina break attacks if the AI tries to throw one at you by Vanishing and doing it from behind you can Vanish at any point in a combo so you can just mash the A button and keep going. You'd think defensive moves would be a problem but I haven't that be an issue yet (I just discovered this so take that with a grain of salt). I have noticed that the AI likes to favor Vanishing instead of their defensive moves unless they're being double/triple teamed, though.

If you're playing against another person then this only works until they realize what you're doing and start using their defensive move more aggressively, but the AI has no clue how to deal with it. While you might eat the seldom defensive move or get guard broken by the computer or through your own mistakes, if you set it up correctly there's absolutely nothing the computer can do about it. You literally can just sit there, string three or four combos together by Vanishing after the last hit where you knock them away, and when you start running low just let them fly off at the end of whatever combo you happen to be doing while restoring your stamina. It ends up being more than cost effective because you get what, like a bar and a half minimum doing a basic attack string and you'll only need to refill every few strings. It's not braindead easy but if you can get it set up it turns fights into a joke.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Asimo posted:

You know, Beerus is one of those characters that should be absolutely intolerable. And yet somehow... isn't.

I found him to be much more tolerable in Japanese. When I was watching Dragon Ball Super I felt like a lot of the humor would have fallen flat in English

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Level 60, still haven't fought freeza in the story and just got golden transformation. Is there really no downside beyond that awkward pose interrupting your combos, or was that just for that one mission?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Asimo posted:

Thats most of Toriyamas characters in a nutshell tbh

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Asimo posted:

Watch Super

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I think beerus works because hes a weird nasty cat

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Asimo posted:

That would be Champa. A poo poo character who made watching the universal tournament hard to watch due to all his screaming.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am in love with this movie. I can't believe I put off watching it and Resurrection F.

:tbear: :neckbeard: :swoon: Welcome home!
:byodood: NOOOOOOO

As for X2, I watched a few videos and the load times look pretty nasty. Is that due to the server connections or just typical Japanese loading times?

Asimo posted:

His gimmick is a little persistent when it's not played for humor, but as a character/person he's pretty well rounded and I really liked his interactions with Goku in the 2013 movie. It actually brought some depth to the characters and setting, and I forgot that DBZ wasn't as one-note and flat as I remember it!

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 8, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I am in love with this movie. I can't believe I put off watching it and Resurrection F.

:tbear: :neckbeard: :swoon: Welcome home!
:byodood: NOOOOOOO

As for X2, I watched a few videos and the load times look pretty nasty. Is that due to the server connections or just typical Japanese loading times?

His gimmick is a little persistent when it's not played for humor, but as a character/person he's pretty well rounded and I really liked his interactions with Goku in the 2013 movie. It actually brought some depth to the characters and setting, and I forgot that DBZ wasn't as one-note and flat as I remember it!

Watch Super :argh: :ssj:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Super is getting dubbed soon so if you want to wait for that you can

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mabels big day posted:

I gotta say, I prefer dubs to subs in the case of Dragon Ball. Even though I understand Japanese just fine, the English dub is a work of art. :allears: (I actually do wanna learn about the localization of the movies, they're pretty drat good.)

Bought the game, and it's downloading. I'll spend tonight getting drunk and playing it instead of worrying about the election; at least if Trump gets elected I'll have some good memories of this day.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I can't listen to the original Japanese when it comes to DBZ stuff. For some reason they consistently make (adult) Goku sound like he's about five years old.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

IWILLNOTLETYOUDESTROYMYWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Masako Nozawa may not be that fitting for adult Goku, but she 100% nails Goku Black. Seriously, it's incredible.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i respect grandma goku

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Pureauthor posted:

Masako Nozawa may not be that fitting for adult Goku, but she 100% nails Goku Black. Seriously, it's incredible.

Yeah, Goku Black in Xenoverse is a bit to gravelly.. Super Spoilers for the current arc: I don't expect Zamasu to talk like Batman, so I don't know why he'd take on that affectation when he takes over Goku's body. He'd probably be haughty and superior, like Goku's if he was speaking Cell's lines or something.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rexicon1 posted:

I think the correct term is a "bald cat."

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Grandma goku owns and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
As a kid I watched Dragon Ball and DBZ in English and never even considered what it sounded like in Japanese. Now in my 30s and watching Ressurection of F and Super in Japanese I don't think I can ever go back to English, the voices just seem to fit the characters so much better.

Agreed 100% about Black's voice being spot-on in Japanese. I laughed out loud when I heard the English version in the XV2 trailers, it's so terrible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, Goku Black in Xenoverse is a bit to gravelly.. Super Spoilers for the current arc: I don't expect Zamasu to talk like Batman, so I don't know why he'd take on that affectation when he takes over Goku's body. He'd probably be haughty and superior, like Goku's if he was speaking Cell's lines or something.

I think they genuinely didn't have enough info about Goku Black to really dub him properly.

That said TFS's Goku Black is pretty much perfect.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Prophecy120 posted:

As a kid I watched Dragon Ball and DBZ in English and never even considered what it sounded like in Japanese. Now in my 30s and watching Ressurection of F and Super in Japanese I don't think I can ever go back to English, the voices just seem to fit the characters so much better.

Agreed 100% about Black's voice being spot-on in Japanese. I laughed out loud when I heard the English version in the XV2 trailers, it's so terrible.

:dogbutton:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Covok posted:

I think the correct term is a "bald cat."
Hairing impaired.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
How does Goku's Health Drain Super Soul compare vs Cell's A Power-Biased Transformation?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Eis Shenron's Super Soul is still the best, right? I got SSGSS Vegeta's and it's pretty okay too, but doesn't seem *quite* as good. I'm a Ki Blast dude if it helps.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rexicon1 posted:

dont diss the rus

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BenRGamer posted:

How does Goku's Health Drain Super Soul compare vs Cell's A Power-Biased Transformation?

You wouldn't be blocking with Kaioken regardless because that would take stamina that you need for punching

The speed loss is negligible

So A Power Biased Transformation is superior in every respect- you do just about as much if not just as much damage, it doesn't drain your health, and it actually makes you take less damage

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
The biggest downside to A Power Based Transformation is that you can't use throws.

So if you don't use throws anyway it's not a big deal.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PoptartsNinja posted:

The biggest downside to A Power Based Transformation is that you can't use throws.

Actually you totally can

I was tossing people around with it the other day Literally the only thing you cannot do is block

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
So if I'm going Super Saiyan to just punch people in the face, what's the best thing I could have? A Power-Biased Transformation? Guess We Should Fuse into Vegito?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

mabels big day posted:

Where'd you see this? I finally buckled and started watching subs last night because I still hadn't heard any news.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

Where'd you see this? I finally buckled and started watching subs last night because I still hadn't heard any news.

it just got announced last week

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/04/funimation-gets-dragon-ball-super-is-working-on-english-dub

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Burkion posted:

Actually you totally can

I was tossing people around with it the other day Literally the only thing you cannot do is block

Which means don't bring it into Expert Missions. That blade wind can't be dodged.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

djw175 posted:

So if I'm going Super Saiyan to just punch people in the face, what's the best thing I could have? A Power-Biased Transformation? Guess We Should Fuse into Vegito?

Is that in XV2?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

PoptartsNinja posted:

Burkion posted:

Actually you totally can

Odd, my Saiyan can't ever throw with that activating on Potential Unleashed.

I know if you turn the transformation off, you get your throws back. But I wouldn't put it past this game to make "can't block = can't throw" inconsistent across race, power up, or whatever.

Souls wise, majority of PvE my MVP souls is "Just Win, Okay". I hardly remember about the ki gains bonus, I love it because of the free health boost every time you KO something. Which adds up a hell of a lot with most of these missions more than damage boosts, except when the time limit is my biggest enemy.

When metal coolers start showing up in groups, I quickly transitioned from :ohdear: to :black101: "Just Win, Okay" allows me to cheat death! WITH YOURS! :unsmigghh:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Prophecy120 posted:

This is also my story. Also for people looking to watch Dragon Ball Super, you can go ahead and skip to episode 28 if you've already seen the two movies. Absolutely nothing new or interesting happens that isn't covered in the movies, I felt like it was a total waste of time to watch.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Section Z posted:

Odd, my Saiyan can't ever throw with that activating on Potential Unleashed.

I know if you turn the transformation off, you get your throws back. But I wouldn't put it past this game to make "can't block = can't throw" inconsistent across race, power up, or whatever.

It might vary based on the power-up move then, it seems to stop me from throwing as a Golden Frieza but I haven't tried it with anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is also my story. Also for people looking to watch Dragon Ball Super, you can go ahead and skip to episode 28 if you've already seen the two movies. Absolutely nothing new or interesting happens that isn't covered in the movies, I felt like it was a total waste of time to watch.

I watched Battle of Gods 2 days ago and while I've only seen Super up to episode 10 which isn't quite past the movie, I can definitely see the differences between Super and the movie. Honestly, i feel like Super does a better job. The SSG transformation alone is practically worth watching Super. The best reason to watch the movie is just for the vastly superior animation quality. Vegeta going crazy is better in the movie though definitely.

• Locked thread